Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) (53053 Views)

Desmond Tutu: Body Of South African Hero To Be Aquamated / Cape Town Drenched In Purple In Memory Of Archbishop Desmond Tutu / Archbishop Desmond Tutu Is Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2022
Rip Desmond
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by McOluOmo: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2022
Until we meet again

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by condralbedez: 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2022
R.I.P Tutu
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by ibechris(m): 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2022
Hope South Africans would not go and steal that box and claimed it was stolen by Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by phemmyfour: 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
christejames:
I am gradually taking likings for cremation ooo,(see the small space the ash will be finally interred) but in Nigeria it's still being frowned at, like saying, how do you burn a corpse making it pass through fire in death while it went through the same fire grin grin in the country while alive?

RIP Bishop.
Burning of corpse is a disrespect to the dead. To burn is an act of DESTRUCTION

7 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Elsueno: 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
christejames:
I am gradually taking likings for cremation ooo,(see the small space the ash will be finally interred) but in Nigeria it's still being frowned at, like saying, how do you burn a corpse making it pass through fire in death while it went through the same fire grin grin in the country while alive?

RIP Bishop.

They still haven't come to terms with d fact that, a corpse is just a discarded meat suit, what matters d most is the soul

RIP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by StreetFight: 2:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
elolove7518:
Koforidua The site is good for those who want Ghana girlfriend

Thank you my Nigga. Free black pusssy at no cost.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by thecavemen: 2:28pm On Jan 02, 2022
rest in perfect peace
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Getdowntobiznes: 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
Indian style?
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by teejay29(m): 2:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
christejames:

RIP Bishop.
grin

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
Eeeya. He is already with God and resting in His bosom. Goodbye, Mr. Tutu.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
christejames:

RIP Bishop.
the smoke that goes into the atmosphere and deplete the ozone layer, there by increasing the intensity of the Earth's temperature..

Which in turn melts the icecap and other poler region while causing flood and other environmental desasterz

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

This man is one of those that sacrificed so much for south Africa. If not for his likes, the the useless blacks in south Africa who fight their fellow African black brothers in their country would have still be in total bondage of the white till date.
Even till now the average black south African is still mentally enslaved that slavery cannot leave them in a hurry that's why they're busy blaming industrous Nigerians for their poverty instead of working hard or learning from the best (Nigerians)
Ă“gun kpai all of them last last mumu xenophobic black goats undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by lagonovo: 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
phemmyfour:
Burning of corpse is a disrespect to the dead. To burn is an act of DESTRUCTION
Hmmm you sound so authoritative on this. I wonder how the physical body is of any use to the dead? Won't cremation or aquamation only hasten the decomposition process of a physical body that is no longer of use for anything?

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Sucolee(m): 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
Son of God
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Awoleesu(m): 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2022
OnyeMmeri:
I never knew Christians practice cremation. I can't imagine holding someone's ashes in my hands.

There's no Biblical basis for cremation.

By now, you should know Desmond Tutu was a man who naturally loves to court controversy... An unusual person.

BTW, Christianity in South Africa is quite deviant (no pun intended). They have a popular aboriginal based theology there...

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Biggcake: 2:42pm On Jan 02, 2022
christejames:

RIP Bishop.

They chose aquamation instead of cremation.

Cremation has negative effects on the climate due to it carbon emissions.

So, it was aquamation that was carried out.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 2:42pm On Jan 02, 2022
ibechris:
Hope South Africans would not go and steal that box and claimed it was stolen by Nigerians.

Nigerians burnt down SA parliament this morning angry

https://www.nairaland.com/6920000/south-africas-parliament-building-fire

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Prenonjebose: 2:42pm On Jan 02, 2022
Akwamkpuruamu:
Was he cremated, as to turn into ashes rather than aquamated? But what if the will of the dead isn't obeyed, what will happen? I can't burn my loved one, its unafrican. Even if my loved one chooses to be cremated at death, I won't honor that instruction and nothing go happen
Aquamation is using Alkaline and water to dissolve the none bone matter, leaving behind bone. The bone is further crushed to powder using a specialized equipment.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by richiblink: 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2022
Should have been dug deeper..with better reinforcement..

RIP Reverend Tutu..[/quote]

My thoughts also

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by DarkJeddi(m): 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2022
mightyhaze:
Should have been dug deeper..with better reinforcement..

RIP Reverend Tutu..
It's an urn..
Some bodies ends up on desktops..

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by GreyLaw(m): 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
TMKsouth:

Nigerians burnt down SA parliament this morning angry

https://www.nairaland.com/6920000/south-africas-parliament-building-fire

Why would Nigerians burn down SA parliament building? Some things cannot happen. Don't push it.

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by jcross19: 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
christejames:

RIP Bishop.
did you just make this statement for the sake of like or you don't anything to say because cremation is a tradition in some places , adhere to yours and even those Hindus and budhaa wish to be buried like your s..but their customs don't permit them.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by InterpolEyes: 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2022
Do Africans now burn corpse?
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by iscom(m): 2:54pm On Jan 02, 2022
Rest on
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
GreyLaw:

Why would Nigerians burn down SA parliament building? Some things cannot happen. Don't push it.

I was highlighting the ridiculousness of his point.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by derecho(m): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2022
Archbishop Thabo Makgoba placed his remains under an inscribed memorial stone before the high altar"

Burial ground don finish or space no dey outside the church?
Except the bolded means something else sha.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by techWriter3: 3:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
Same way - just different procedures. Aquamation is ecology-friendly.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by anyilalaz: 3:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
ThatFairGuy1:
So he was cremated angry

From frying pan..... lipsrsealed

Read up aquamation.
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 02, 2022
Quick quastion...

1. Was it right to have burned his body?
2. Was it right to have bury his ashes inside the church?
Re: Desmond Tutu's Ashes Buried Inside Church Floor (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2022
Quick quastion...

1. Was it right to have burnt his body?
2. Was it right to have buried his ashes inside the church?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video: T.B Joshua Raises A Man From The Dead / Shiloh 2012: Double Portion:...DAY FOUR / "Demons Attracted Big Men To Me"; Lady Who Slept With Various Men For Money.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.