Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo (36233 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Oba Saliu Adetunji Is Dead! Olubadan Of Ibadan Dies At 93 / Masquerade Wants To Have Sex With This Lady, Holds Her Firmly (Video, Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Awoleesu(m): 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
He had only one wife!

Quite unusual...

4 Likes

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Bimpe29: 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
Allahumo ighifirillahu war'amhu Aameen.

13 Likes

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Cokahot: 2:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
Hope he didn't die poor and driving one Mercedes boot while alive.

1 Like

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by unilagfreshest(m): 2:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
The family will feel bad coz of the short time spent on the throne, next family should prepare for 90+ person to replace him...that was the initial plan... go there do 5+ and next family should takeover.. the cycle continues.

1 Like

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Occurstaem(m): 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2022
SocialJustice:
I don't understand how Islam and Yoruba culture got intertwined. Islam no fit yoruba people at all. Stick to African traditional religion, the religion of Oduduwa.

You can not be the custodian of religion and culture of the yoruba people and be practising the religion of Arabs or Caucasians.
I don't get you.
But let me ask you, does Christianity fit Yoruba culture?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Sheriman(m): 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2022
dalass:

At least there's peace in selection of the next King

40 years of age not papa @ 80

1 Like

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Huracio(m): 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ijaya123:
When is Ibadan going to get a young Olubadan?
they will get a young one of 65...

2 Likes

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Qoko: 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2022
ahmedajadi:
Orun rere ooo!!! The bitcoin mining is a scam!!! Nairalanders be warned!!!
Se e ti gbo, Shoti ye, do u understand
Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by ahmedajadi(m): 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2022
CaOutop:

Share your experience
After sending 2k to him, he sent a video of how I'm gonna do the stuff but it didn't work. I even saw users complaining about the app on playstore... I came back to whatsapp to tell this guy but he didn't reply. Called his number... He didn't pick... I think it's better to start ruining his scam business for people to know before they enter his trap. And if we can move it to FrontPage, it will be better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by comradeMOSHOOD: 2:08pm On Jan 02, 2022
Tor
Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by SocialJustice: 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2022
Occurstaem:

I don't get you.
My answer is in the writeup, if you can't deduct, na you sabi.

2 Likes

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by comradeMOSHOOD: 2:09pm On Jan 02, 2022
Occurstaem:

I don't get you.

Abeg help me ask am ooo

1 Like

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by ahmedajadi(m): 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2022
Qoko:

Se e ti gbo, Shoti ye, do u understand
I think we should move it to FrontPage so that people will know. It's just to get to the mods that I don't know how to.
Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by diver06: 2:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bimpe29:
Allahumo ighifirillahu war'amhu Aameen.
Aameen ya Rabbil Aalameen

6 Likes

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by StreetFight: 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2022
SocialJustice:
I don't understand how Islam and Yoruba culture got intertwined. Islam no fit yoruba people at all. Stick to African traditional religion, the religion of Oduduwa.

You can not be the custodian of religion and culture of the yoruba people and be practising the religion of Arabs or Caucasians.

You are not wrong, you know?
Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
ahmedajadi:

After sending 2k to him, he sent a video of how I'm gonna do the stuff but it didn't work. I even saw users complaining about the app on playstore... I came back to whatsapp to tell this guy but he didn't reply. Called his number... He didn't pick... I think it's better to start ruining his scam business for people to know before they enter his trap. And if we can move it to FrontPage, it will be better.
somebody told you he's mining btcc and you have to pay him 2k for the information and you agree
Oga you deserve to scammed

6 Likes

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Occurstaem(m): 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2022
SocialJustice:
My answer is in the writeup, if you can't deduct, na you sabi.
This is hypocrisy at its peak.
As you have said, na you sabi.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Hanibal(m): 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2022
SultanOfPuna:

So a Muslim is the chairman of Obas in Yorubaland. grin grin
I see Yoruba culture fading away in the Future

Oduduwa right now be like cry
The Olubadan is actually a Baale, traditionally he is not a "king" it is civilization that is making people refer to him as king. So there's not so much tradition attached to the stool, he can be buried anyhow the family wishes.

When the real kings die: Ooni, Alaafin, Ewi of Ado Ekiti, Awujale of Ijebu, Alake of Egbaland etc dies... You won't hear anything like Christian or Muslim burial

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2022
RIP Baba....so what of all those abobaku undecided abi them don abolish that practice

1 Like

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2022
kolafolabi:
May his soul rest in peace

Fortunately, the next 10 High Chiefs, who are under the current occupant who is now Late Oba Saliu Adetunji‎, are graduates.

1) Lekan Balogun: Otun Olubadan.

2) Owolabi Olakulehin: Balogun Olubada‎n.

3) ‎Rashidi Ladoja: Osi Olubadan.

4). Olufemi Olaifa: Otun Balogun.

5) ‎Eddy Oyewole: Ashipa Olubadan.

6) Tajudeen Ajibola: Osi Balogun.

7) Amidu Ajibade:Ekaarun Olubadan.

cool Lateef Gbadamosi: Ashipa Balogun Olubadan.

9) Kola Adegbola: Ekarun Balogun‎.

10) Abiodun Kola-Daisi: Ekerin Olubadan‎.

Wahala

1 Like

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by oredegbe01(m): 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
Sheriman:
Another baba @80 loading to ascend the throne. Why ibadan people always make old papa to become king

only old papa will become king because no particular family are entitled to King....anybody is entitled to it as long as you're from Ibadan and a male... and you must pass through 21 titles (olubadan line) or 22 titles (balogun line) before becoming the olubadan....if one high chief dies, it will leads to others below him being promoted

and if none of them dies, others below them can't be promoted

for you to pass through all the chieftaincy post which is the requirements for u to become olubadan, you'll spend years there

that's why they don't fight for olubadan post....everybody knows who's next

11 Likes

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Franktom247(m): 2:47pm On Jan 02, 2022
Sun re baba
Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by oredegbe01(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2022
psychologist:
Some people will be on the run now grin

Abobaku

nothing like that in Ibadan....if a kind go and meet his ancestors, it'll be announced immediately

no hidden sacrifices or human sacrifices is made

4 Likes

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Sheriman(m): 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2022
oredegbe01:

only old papa will become king because no particular family are entitled to King....anybody is entitled to it as long as you're from Ibadan and a male... and you must pass through 21 titles (olubadan line) or 22 titles (balogun line) before becoming the olubadan....if one high chief dies, it will leads to others below him being promoted

and if none of them dies, others below them can't be promoted

for you to pass through all the chieftaincy post which is the requirements for u to become olubadan, you'll spend years there

that's why they don't fight for olubadan post....everybody knows who's next
Wow!! Never heard this before. This is wonderful. So you mean say if I be ibadan guy I fit become olubadan but before this tittle go reach my turn I for don become old now. I now understand why all previous Olubadan were all old papas

3 Likes

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by shiwex: 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ijaya123:
When is Ibadan going to get a young Olubadan?
Will never happen...with the system that they run.....Its a queuing system so by the time it gets to your turn, you are already old and ready to die.

7 Likes

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by oredegbe01(m): 2:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
dalass:

At least there's peace in selection of the next King
definitely and that's what makes sense most in this issue
no blood will be shed

5 Likes

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Barryseal: 2:50pm On Jan 02, 2022
I pray God grants him and the Abobakun eternal rest.
Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Kirkman: 2:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
seunny4lif:

Never grin
Because too many families are involved and many are already old.
They all have to swear together than they will not go to juju houses to bring down the next person.
There are already like 100 families next for the 200 years to be the next Olu of Ibadan
You don't say...

1 Like

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by ahmedajadi(m): 2:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
AsampeteNwaanyi:
somebody told you he's mining btcc and you have to pay him 2k for the information and you agree
Oga you deserve to scammed
Yeah, I accept but what about the other guilible ones like me out there about to be scammed? Let's help them from getting scammed.

2 Likes

Re: Body Of Olubadan Saliu Adetunji Arrives Palace, To Be Buried Today (Video, Photo by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 02, 2022
RIP to the Olubadan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos / Oba Taofeek Fatusi Obawole Installs Young Man As Chief In Texas, USA / Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.