Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Things That Are Better Than Money - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things That Are Better Than Money (40600 Views)

5 Reasons Slim Girls Are Better Than Curvy Girls / Mention 2 Things That Can Keep You Indoors For A Whole Day / 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by yemi1504: 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2022
Bigfish121:
Peace of mind os very important. I don't joke with that.But money is good.it makes life easy for you.

I don't joke with peace of mind too. Reason why I take some drastic decisions people don't like and I don't give a hoot.

3 Likes

Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Jmichael1(m): 9:43pm On Jan 02, 2022
As long as i'm concern the only tin better than money is"more money"
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Limassol(m): 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2022
redstaarx:

You can have money and not have all three wink think
And that's an exception. The general rule is, wealth equals good life.
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2022
Sometimes na money dey bring good health and peace of mind
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Adakintroy: 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2022
suffering:
Point one and three every day. People will move on to create their own families so I don’t see relatives as necessary. Some families are burdens to a human’s existence. What of orphans and abandoned children, do they automatically die from having no one around them?

Oga quiet if reasonable mind de talk everything is not about "likes"
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Adakintroy: 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2022
suffering:
Point one and three every day. People will move on to create their own families so I don’t see relatives as necessary. Some families are burdens to a human’s existence. What of orphans and abandoned children, do they automatically die from having no one around them?

Oga quiet if truth mind de talk everything is not about "likes"

Everything he said is about " love ❤️.
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by uncleteeh(m): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2022
Snitch24:
Ur family will not value you if you don't have money stop hyping rubbish
We always underate the importance of money
As far as we're still alive breathing money is 99% important nothing less
If your family is more important than making money it's not applicable to me ooh

I can't bet dangote won't trade his wealth for a good health or even peace of mind
Leave the yeye guy.
What amount of money did he mean?
You no get money and u get peace of mind. How take find am?

1 Like

Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Afonasa(m): 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2022
I see people saying money is still the most important, do you realise that money can cure some sicknesses like cancer, AIDS and some abnormal sickness we hear in hospital.
Let's face it this way money is way important as the fact that your body can respond to treatment of any disease you suffer, cos once your body can't respond to it,even ur money becomes useless.
I still stand to be corrected

Guys check out my signature if interested
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Yoighaman(m): 9:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
Mko123:

:All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words

Brethren is not directly related to family.
Consult your Google.

Good day

NIV (Proverbs 19:7)

NIV:The poor are shunned by all their relatives— how much more do their friends avoid them! Though the poor pursue them with pleading, they are nowhere to be found.
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Limassol(m): 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
thecommunist:
freedom is the only thing that is more important than money.
Again, It can't be compared with the almgihty money. some inmates in Nigerian prisons couldn't pay their bail,hence they are still rotting there. Infact, the desire for money was what got them there in the first place.
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Michaelpsych: 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
How can there be peace of mind without money
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Chno: 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
Abeg i need loan now , which loan app fit give me loan sharp sharp without stress
RichardoTobinho:
What of us that are owing loan apps
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
True but money still contribute to all
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Allisgud: 10:06pm On Jan 02, 2022
U see dat no2 no count at all ur opinion no body regard it,they will do things without u make u be first born.but get money make u be lastborn na ur own Dem go follow
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Volksguys1985: 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2022
Jestin:
I remember the day i went for a check up and the doctor asked me between money and good health which is more important? I told her good health and the white lady female doctor smiled and said , you need money to have a good health.
they are on point, bro to treat ordinary malaria you must have nothing less than 4k.
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Volksguys1985: 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2022
Op you spoil your list with number 2.

Family wey be say them crazy and wicked
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Xman12345goat: 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2022
dazzlingd:
Happy new year everyone.

Money is sweet and all the daily struggles of life from going to school to learning a skill or taking a professional course or learning a trade is all to one goal; to make money and plenty of it. However in the cause of searching for this golden treasure, we often forget some things that taste better than money.

1. Good health:

The day you lose your health is the day you will realise that being in good health is the most important thing in life. There are wealthy people in poor state of health that wish they could trade their entire riches for a good health. If you can sleep and wake up without pills, eat and excrete, breath in and exhale, walk, run and jump. Having your internal and external organs functioning perfectly. You don't know the treasure you have

2. Family

When you wake, you have your loved ones no matter where they are in good condition, you have your parents in good state, it could be your spouse, your children or siblings. You have a people to lean on when in trouble and laugh together in victory. If you have these, you dont know how many people envy you quietly. Don't wait till you lose it before you realise

3. Peace of mind

Mental health, being emotionally and psychologically sound. Nothing beats these things. You aren't suffering any police case, you aren't a suspect of robbery, murder or fraud. Nobody is chasing your life. You are not running from bitter enemies. You not being set up. Not a victim of circumstances and disasters. Those suffering these abandon their dreams of chasing money to running to and fro the earth looking for peace.

Once again, I wish you a successful 2022, live the life and enjoy every moment.
And for those who might be suffering any of he above, I wish you a better year 2022, good health, peace of mind and a happy family plus more money.

Like the curious case of Benjamin button, each year will come and go, enjoy the moment, live a life you are proud of and if at any moment you aren't happy with the choices you made, I hope you have the strength to start all over again and stay happy.

You deserve one crate of life beer
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by PennywysCares(m): 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
Op dey Jonse

Only number 1 is valuable others are nonsense
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Hassanmaye(m): 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
Snitch24:
Ur family will not value you if you don't have money stop hyping rubbish
We always underate the importance of money
As far as we're still alive breathing money is 99% important nothing less
If your family is more important than making money it's not applicable to me ooh

I can't bet dangote won't trade his wealth for a good health or even peace of mind
Haha
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Damseywizzy: 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
Jestin:
I remember the day i went for a check up and the doctor asked me between money and good health which is more important? I told her good health and the white lady female doctor smiled and said , you need money to have a good health.

[color=#006600][/color]
Wealth is health.
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by gazza07(m): 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2022
I concur
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by SPLENDID25(m): 10:16pm On Jan 02, 2022
Kellibae:

Not always
You Said so, only when?
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by SPLENDID25(m): 10:18pm On Jan 02, 2022
RichyAD:

Money doesn't bring good health bro take buhari as an example
If not for the money, how do you thing he would have been? Mind you, the fact that you can jog around doesn't match always mean you're in good health.
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by SPLENDID25(m): 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2022
Michaelpsych:
How can there be peace of mind without money
Loud am abeg
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
Limassol:

Wrong .. what if you have the whole money and dont have the health to enjoy it .. I'm sure you have been ill to an extent that you would have given everything to be healthy again ..
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Feelings79: 10:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
aylive02:
cheesy
I no agree with yoir number 2. Families dey wey be say fight wey dey among them pass APC and PDP own.
It's obvious you don't have kids yet.If you did you would understand how terrible an experience have your child in some kind of pain.
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Feelings79: 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2022
Limassol:
But never good health, this explains why the richest people are not always the healthiest.
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by shantti(m): 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ara21:
OP you are very correct, I remember when I was sick, everything seem useless around me.

Imagine if u didn't have the money to treat ur ill health
Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Feelings79: 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
Christane:
money bring peace of mind ...a poor man don't av peace of mind ..cus z mind z always wandering thinking of things money cud actually solve like food to eat , good clothes and a nice house ...so without money u can't av peace of mind ...cus your mind can't be at peace ...so where z d peace of mind? ...money z actually important ...don't ever under estimate d power of money ...money z mandatory ...money gives u peace of mind ...only God and good health z better than money ...all other things re under it
If you want to see people having peace of mind, travel to the village and see how people can have peace.Not the millionaires running away from kidnappers and business rivals

3 Likes

Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by futureman: 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
OP is correct!

(1) Health:
Some diseases cannot be cured with money. Steve Jobs (Pancreatic Cancer). Chadwick Boseman (Colon Cancer), Michael Jackson (Vitiligo, Depression ), Sound Sultan (Lymphoma Cancer).

With good health there is hope.

(2) Family:
Family can be parents, sibblings, friends. Family can raise or borrow you money to solve your problem. If you don’t have at least one person to borrow you money, then check yourself.

Family can save your arse. Even a bad family can be useful in some circumstances.

(3) Peace of mind:
Peace of mind is when you can close both eyes and have a sound sleep at night, even when you went to bed drinking gaari.
No peace of mind if you are innocently roped in a criminal case in court, if you impregnated a lady out of wedlock, if you failed to plan your life, etc.

Peace of mind gives you focus.

—————-

Everybody keep emphasising on money. If you are not mentally and physically lazy you will make money. And we cannot all be rich.

- Good health is a gift + good habits
- Family is a gift + good social skills
- Peace of mind is a gift + good choices

- Money is not a gift you work for it. Even if you inherit money you work to keep it.

With good health, family, peace of mind... you can make money.

Without good health, family, peace of mind... you may not make money or loose all your money.

Even if you have money, you need:
-good health to enjoy it.
-family to impress with the money and enjoy the money with
-peace of mind to enjoy the money

Word!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Are Better Than Money by Hybkay(m): 10:48pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ara21:
OP you are very correct, I remember when I was sick, everything seem useless around me.
same here..good health is so underrated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stages Of Pregnancy From Conception To Birth. (Pictures) / My 5 yr old Cousin Behaves like Ancestor / What I Experienced In My Friend's House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.