Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,284 members, 7,836,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty (21131 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Injured, To Be Out Of Action For Two Months / John Ogu To Politicians: Ask Your Children To Represent Nigeria In Coming Games / Nwanneka Destiny, John Ogu's Sister Shades His Estranged Wife’s Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by WillyDave: 12:35am On Jan 03, 2022
Golan007:

Why?

Why should CAF move a traditional tournament because of European clubs?

One day you would even accept when they say we should scrap it.

Nonsense.

In 1970s 80s and 90s this tournament can hold and none or just one or two European clubside will have issues releasing African players in their clubs, because at that time we have very few Africans playing in Europe. Even then the African players in Europe many not be first team players. So at that time their clubs can afford to release them without a blink.

But things have changed now. African players are all over Europe playing important roles in big clubs. Many of them are very indispensable. Ok. Look at Liverpool for instance. In their match against Chelsea today two Africans scored the only two goals by Liverpool. You can imagine how much these players mean for them. If they had gone to AFCON since, Liverpool would have lost this game today.

These African players mean so much to their clubs. The clubs are paying them heavily. They are huge investment.

CAF should have realized this long ago and change the date for the AFCON to the end of the season so as to reduce or completely eliminate the squabble between European clubs and African Football Federation.

2 Likes

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by einsteine(m): 12:48am On Jan 03, 2022
WillyDave:

I concur with you. This tournament is a serious distraction for club sides and I don't blame the if the are reluctant to release their players. CAF should have this tournament played at the end of the season not at the middle of the season when the leagues have become so hot. Some clubs are contending for the titles, others are battling for top 4 finish while others are fighting relegation. This is a crucial time. Every club needs her regular players especially now. I do not blame these clubs, I blame CAF for all this.

Didn't they know this before signing them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by einsteine(m): 12:49am On Jan 03, 2022
WillyDave:

In 1970s 80s and 90s this tournament can hold and none or just one or two European clubside will have issues releasing African players in their clubs, because at that time we have very few Africans playing in Europe. Even then the African players in Europe many not be first team players. So at that time their clubs can afford to release them without a blink.

But things have changed now. African players are all over Europe playing important roles in big clubs. Many of them are very indispensable. Ok. Look at Liverpool for instance. In their match against Chelsea today two Africans scored the only two goals by Liverpool. You can imagine how much these players mean for them. If they had gone to AFCON since, Liverpool would have lost this game today.

These African players mean so much to their clubs. The clubs are paying them heavily. They are huge investment.

CAF should have realized this long ago and change the date for the AFCON to the end of the season so as to reduce or completely eliminate the squabble between European clubs and African Football Federation.

You are talking as if CAF just arbitrarily put the competition in January. Why is the next world cup holding in December instead of June?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by yetunsbay(m): 12:50am On Jan 03, 2022
AquaPetals:
CAF should have found a way to play the AFCON around July/August, so as to have a win-win situation.
If I were football manager, I won't release any players. Imagine Liverpool loosing her key talismen. And it's not like these CAF or African FA would compesete players.
Saka, Alli, Abraham all made the best decision of their lives in shunning NFF
if they no wan represent others are ready willingly,na their choice

1 Like

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by lexy2014: 1:08am On Jan 03, 2022
AquaPetals:
CAF should have found a way to play the AFCON around July/August, so as to have a win-win situation.
If I were football manager, I won't release any players. Imagine Liverpool loosing her key talismen. And it's not like these CAF or African FA would compesete players.

When is d Olympics played? Is it around July/august?

1 Like

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by xpool(m): 1:09am On Jan 03, 2022
robosky02:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/02/one-manager-asked-me-to-lie-i-was-injured-to-avoid-super-eagles-duty-john-ogu-recalls-experience/
If you can't name the manager, then your talk is meaningless.
A white person would have mentioned the manager's name.

2 Likes

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by Golan007: 2:15am On Jan 03, 2022
WillyDave:

Na.

Let the European clubs change the time of their season to suit the Africans.

I really don't understand what you guys mean

Na so you dey disrespect yourself reach?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 03, 2022
paulolee:
not surprised bcox the same happened between Mikel n conte wen mikel choosed olympics against club football n dts the same thing that i was saying about the denis case with Watford..
the point is dt, this problem isnt starting this year bcoz of covid, its a been their for long.
European clubs av always believed that January AFCON do disturb club activities BT d difference between then n now is that..
our African legends like Eto, drogba, adebayo, diop, yaya, okocha, kanu etc were all loyal n committed to African football which gave them more respect back then and also dey were more happy representing dier country n playing in Africa unlike the players dt we av today dt are moni chasers for example ziyech..
which coach go tell Drogba, kanoute, adebayo, kanu or Eto to choose between country n club wen AFCON is involved??
whites dnt joke with loyalty, dey wont dare such if dey see one...
I think our players needs to do more or it gets worst than dis..
It's not just den vs now thing. It just depends on how u present urself to the club and coach. Dennis think he is doin the club a favour, rather they are just using him and will still go relegation. Let Liverpool stop salah, mane, or let Chelsea stop mendy, or man city stop mahrez etc.
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by vickydevoka(m): 3:29am On Jan 03, 2022
He is now clubless. He wants super eagle yo call him
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by shevchenko(m): 5:16am On Jan 03, 2022
einsteine:

You are talking as if CAF just arbitrarily put the competition in January. Why is the next world cup holding in December instead of June?
You dey answer the mumu?

1 Like

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by shevchenko(m): 5:17am On Jan 03, 2022
ANDREW91:

It's not just den vs now thing. It just depends on how u present urself to the club and coach. Dennis think he is doin the club a favour, rather they are just using him and will still go relegation. Let Liverpool stop salah, mane, or let Chelsea stop mendy, or man city stop mahrez etc.
Dennis for use opportunity leave club ,that guy dull sha
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by Calicoe: 5:37am On Jan 03, 2022
AquaPetals:
July/August is raining season in the African continent hence the reason why they play the nations Cup in January

2 Likes

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by evansjeff(m): 6:23am On Jan 03, 2022
specialmati:
cool cool cool cool cool if no be say nigeria na yeye country wetin wan carry person go play for European clubs when we have alot of clubs here or even create more

Please shut up. There are American players in England, in fact many wish to be bought by English clubs. There are English players in Spanish and Italian leagues. There are Spanish and Italian players in England. Stop looking for every opportunity to disgrace yourself thinking you’re disgracing your country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by Osilama1: 7:12am On Jan 03, 2022
specialmati:
which coach in this universe will want to stop brazil or argentina players when they are call for national duties .read to understand this is new year.imagine coaches giving african players conditions
which coach will stop salah or mane?? Even back then people like Samuel eto, drogba can't be stop from going to afcon so check what u type and see that no sense in it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 03, 2022
paulolee:

lolz...but dis same their character is killing Africa football n our coaches or football organization aint helping..
there is currently another problem between the same Watford n senegal about releasing sarr for AFCON n Watford are serious about it while Senegal are about reporting them to FIFA...
wat did NFF do about denis?? dey jus allow it slide n cnt fight for him to join us..
also, assuming denis join us, he returns to watford n start seeing less game time, this same NFF will still drop him for worldcup saying he isnt playing or active forgetting his sacrifice he made jus like d case of this ogu..
seriously we don't know wat we want in this Nigeria.....I dnt blame denis though
i am sorry to say dis but hw do u expect NFF to function in a country DAT is not functioning, all they had to do was pick up d phone alert the Watford management or follow d process in notifying d Watford board they want to involve their player in d national team squad list but LAZINESS, MISMANAGEMENT AND I DON CARE attitude is disturbing them that was y they opted to inform them when d tournament is around d corner sorry to say dis Naija all the way

1 Like

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by snoopz: 7:55am On Jan 03, 2022
I honestly can't blame a player that is just finding his feet and collecting cool money to sacrifice that to play for afcon... if your club bench you, nff no go reason you again because you no fit, you're in trouble because end of season Dem go put you on transfer list
Like Mikel and conte
Make Nigeria players' agents try dey include unfettered access and release during international duties when necessary in their contracts it will go a long way

1 Like

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by Stanweezy(m): 7:57am On Jan 03, 2022
Can't this AFCON be fixed during league break

Like June, July or August...
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by mogpet(m): 7:59am On Jan 03, 2022
paulolee:
not surprised bcox the same happened between Mikel n conte wen mikel choosed olympics against club football n dts the same thing that i was saying about the denis case with Watford..
the point is dt, this problem isnt starting this year bcoz of covid, its a been their for long.
European clubs av always believed that January AFCON do disturb club activities BT d difference between then n now is that..
our African legends like Eto, drogba, adebayo, diop, yaya, okocha, kanu etc were all loyal n committed to African football which gave them more respect back then and also dey were more happy representing dier country n playing in Africa unlike the players dt we av today dt are moni chasers for example ziyech..
which coach go tell Drogba, kanoute, adebayo, kanu or Eto to choose between country n club wen AFCON is involved??
whites dnt joke with loyalty, dey wont dare such if dey see one...
I think our players needs to do more or it gets worst than dis..
It is not about money or our players doing more. It is the body they call CAF. What stops CAF from shifting the tournament to a more convenient time? This African schedule is causing tensions between players & clubs. What if an in-form player like Mo’ Salah having a blast at Liverpool goes to the Nations Cup and get injured for a lengthy period what will happen to his career? Or Mahrez or Mane? CAF should try and understand. Nobody will die if they reschedule to a convenient time. My opinion!

1 Like

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by Prinxzona10: 8:21am On Jan 03, 2022
[quote author=specialmati post=109026781] sad sad sad sad please use only 2 line to write whatever you want to write don't give us long epistle this is a new year
[/quote)
That man or woman don't have any shame at all,he or she don't even know the kind of hatred people have on him or her here...his or her messages disgusts many people a lot and I don't even bother myself reading them(God forbid),I just scroll down immediately at the sight of his useless and foolish rants.he or she should keep on supporting evil and the prayers from good and sane people will definitely work on him or her before this year ends except he or she repent and change from his or her evil ways...
Tell him or her to stick here in a sports section than in a politics section and stop accruing curses on himself or herself,his or her generations and also on his or her future(if at all he or she got future because he or she doesn't talk,relate,act,write or reason like someone with a future) ..
This is new year and this gonna be my first and last advice for him or her... Gracias!!!!
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by ihimiray(m): 8:40am On Jan 03, 2022
Victorclean1:
It's because they have not kidnapped any of your relations that made you believe anything good will come out of this zoo.

Nigeria infiltrated by Fulani(fourth deadliest terrorist organisation in the world) is not worth fighting for.

John fashunu is still receiving monthly allowance for playing for England. Ask Jay Jay , Kanu etc ,how much they were receiving?. They fought with their life to retain their hotels.

They would have pay you more and u forfeit the zoo representation.
u just a big liar..... England and no country pays allowance to it ex players except they are employed by the F. A.....
So u can have a very good excuse to call ur country a zoo... Keep it up, as long as u still living in the zoo , u too na monkey
L

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by Uyi168: 8:44am On Jan 03, 2022
wiseone28:
Pro white here will disagree on that
more like self Hating blacks..

1 Like

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by Victorclean1: 8:47am On Jan 03, 2022
ihimiray:
u just a big liar..... England and no country pays allowance to it ex players except they are employed by the F. A.....
So u can have a very good excuse to call ur country a zoo... Keep it up, as long as u still living in the zoo , u too na monkey
L

John Fashunu said it in his interview
https://www.nairaland.com/5543155/john-fashanu-earn-n5-million/2
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by Golan007: 8:53am On Jan 03, 2022
Victorclean1:

He is a Liar.
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by paulolee(m): 9:49am On Jan 03, 2022
mogpet:

It is not about money or our players doing more. It is the body they call CAF. What stops CAF from shifting the tournament to a more convenient time? This African schedule is causing tensions between players & clubs. What if an in-form player like Mo’ Salah having a blast at Liverpool goes to the Nations Cup and get injured for a lengthy period what will happen to his career? Or Mahrez or Mane? CAF should try and understand. Nobody will die if they reschedule to a convenient time. My opinion!
yeah...CAF av already don dt, AFCON was shifted to after d season bt it was brought back to January bcox covid affected it last year n also it cnt be shifted till after d season bcox of worldcup at d ending of the year...d workload on African players will b too much
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by paulolee(m): 9:52am On Jan 03, 2022

BRo...u read wr ogu said he disobeyed his coach, came to Nigeria n started benching wen he went back to portugal bcox d coach was angry wich made him miss worldcup bcox e wasn't playing
assuming Denise refused watford n choosed Nigeria, he went back after AFCON n ranieri started benching him..
would Nigeria call him for worldcup wen he isnt playing ahead of other many attackers dt are playin n scoring??
na two sided tin my guy
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by paulolee(m): 9:53am On Jan 03, 2022
kayuseful:

Smart guy. You mentioned big players like Eto
Why not use struggling African players for your example
Drogba, Kanu, Eto etc will easily find clubs fighting for their signature if their coach decides to do away with them for going for Afcon. Let Iwobi try it. His comatose career will be gone

Let's always try to be real and put ourselves in these guys shoes. The blame is on CAF
nice one....I support this idea....u no lie

1 Like

Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by specialmati(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2022
evansjeff:

Please shut up. There are American players in England, in fact many wish to be bought by English clubs. There are English players in Spanish and Italian leagues. There are Spanish and Italian players in England. Stop looking for every opportunity to disgrace yourself thinking you’re disgracing your country.
grin grin grin grin grin this is new year dont start it with foolishness .what has all this players being in euro got to do with coaches stoping them from attending national duties unlike their african counterpart.if you dont know what to say you stay quiet.
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by ihimiray(m): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2022
Victorclean1:

he is lying... Go to the thread urself and read some of the comments I will see most people don't agree... Do u know how many ex international are still alive.... The F. A can't afford to pay
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by specialmati(m): 10:23am On Jan 03, 2022
Osilama1:
which coach will stop salah or mane?? Even back then people like Samuel eto, drogba can't be stop from going to afcon so check what u type and see that no sense in it...
grin grin grin grin sometimes i wonder how you guys interpret words,so if not sala or mane or other stars playing big clubs others can be stopped to attend national duties abi are you saying the john ogu lied,because it happened to mikel too.what i want you to understand is it cant happen to the list of any Argentina or brasil players
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by Osilama1: 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin sometimes i wonder how you guys interpret words,so if not sala or mane or other stars playing big clubs others can be stopped to attend national duties abi are you saying the john ogu lied,because it happened to mikel too.what i want you to understand is it cant happen to the list of any Argentina or brasil players
u just no see the Bleep up write up u did...
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by mogpet(m): 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2022
paulolee:

yeah...CAF av already don dt, AFCON was shifted to after d season bt it was brought back to January bcox covid affected it last year n also it cnt be shifted till after d season bcox of worldcup at d ending of the year...d workload on African players will b too much
Then why don’t we schedule ours with Euros?
Re: John Ogu: One Manager Asked Me To Lie I Was Injured To Avoid Super Eagles Duty by evansjeff(m): 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin this is new year dont start it with foolishness .what has all this players being in euro got to do with coaches stoping them from attending national duties unlike their african counterpart.if you dont know what to say you stay quiet.

Sorry I quoted you. Too many kids on Nairaland these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reims V PSG: Sergio Ramos Receives His 28th Red Card Of His Footballing Career / Barcelona Line Up Sensational Swoop For Victor Osimhen To Replace Lewandowski / Willian Joined Arsenal To Win The UCL But Instead Left Them Bottom Of The Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.