Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member (15304 Views)

NDLEA Should Parade Abba Kyari With 25kg Cocaine, $61,400 — Pelumi Olajengbesi / Pelumi Olajengbesi: Ambode Should Learn From Obaseki, Godfathers Can Be Unseated / DSS Feeds Igboho’s Aides With ‘Engine Oil’ Soup – Pelumi Olajengbesi, Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by SATANICALLY666: 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
…I am not a Yoruba Nation agitator, says lawyer

A fresh crisis has rocked the Yoruba Nation agitation group led by Prof Banji Akintoye as Pelumi Olajengbesi, one of the Nigerian lawyers of self-determination campaigner, Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho, resigned on Sunday.

Olajengbesi had faulted the threat by Akintoye that no governorship election would hold in Ekiti and Osun States later this year.

The 86-year-old don, in his 2022 New Year message, had said, “Among most Yoruba self-determination advocates worldwide, the determination exists and is growing that there shall be no State Governorship and House of Assembly election in our homeland in 2022. The next election that we Yoruba people will engage in will be the first election in our own new country.”

Reacting, however, in an earlier statement, Olajengbesi said Akintoye wasn’t speaking for all Yoruba people of South-West Nigeria, noting that voting remained a human right.

Akintoye’s Ilana Oodua group subsequently disowned Olajengbesi in a statement, saying he was not speaking for Igboho and accusing the lawyer of trying to please the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

Olajengbesi later in a statement on Sunday made available to The PUNCH, announced his resignation from Igboho’s legal team.

The lawyer said, “This is to officially announce my resignation as counsel involved further in any matter relating to Chief Sunday Adeyemo Igboho and the Yoruba Nation Agitators.

“As a firm, we are satisfied with our little best in contributing to providing legal solutions and representations to Chief Sunday Adeyemo (Igboho) and associated Yoruba Nation Agitators as far as ensuring the protection and enforcement of their rights in this matter.

“We were able to secure the release of 12 persons brutally and unlawfully arrested by the State Security Service, and also secured the release of an innocent herbalist equally unlawfully arrested and detained by the SSS.

“We have two persons with ongoing terrorism trials at the Federal High Court and our firm will dutifully continue and close the trial having commenced their matter.

“While thanking everyone, particularly Chief Yomi Aliyu SAN for the opportunity, and freehand service, Dr. Olasupo Ojo for his fair leadership and Chief Femi Falana for allowing his industry to be tapped and for the moral support, I most respectfully wish to now step aside.

“I have stated ab initio that the scope of my work will only be within the purview of my professional duty as a lawyer to Sunday Igboho and his aides. I am a strong believer in constitutional democracy, civil liberty and human rights which includes the right to self-determination but I am not a Yoruba nation agitator nor a member of any like organization.

“My reaction to Prof. Akintoye was not to undermine the Yoruba struggle but is based on my personal convictions which I am entitled to. I do hope my friends in the struggle will allow me enjoy the benefit of my right to such a choice as a person of thought and conscience.”

For about six months, 49-year-old Igboho has been in detention in neighbouring Benin Republic since his arrest around 8pm on July 19, 2021 at the Cadjèhoun Airport in Cotonou. Also, Akintoye has since fled Nigeria after he suspected that the Buhari regime plotted his arrest, saying he was in Benin Republic to secure the release of Igboho.

https://punchng.com/yoruba-nation-crisis-rocks-sunday-igbohos-legal-team-as-olajengbesi-resigns/

5 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by Baawaa(m): 5:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
For about six months, 49-year-old Igboho has been in detention in neighbouring Benin Republic since his arrest around 8pm on July 19, 2021 at the Cadjèhoun Airport in Cotonou. Also, Akintoye has since fled Nigeria after he suspected that the Buhari regime plotted his arrest, saying he was in Benin Republic to secure the release of Igboho.
The professor is not serious, he should come back to Nigeria to continue the struggle,

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by Ttalk: 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2022
What's wrong with all these charge and bail lawyers sef?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by Asgard73: 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2022
Nice one from the legal team. Make them go look for their Odua republic lawyer.

Yoruba sef

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by shadeze: 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2022
Who are these people? We don't know them here in Mt. Kilimanjaro

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by Jostoman: 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2022
This olajengbesi has really done his best, good luck to you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by donpapa(m): 6:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
undecided
Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by princechurchill(m): 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
Just like they did to Abiola

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by CannibalTorment: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
What nonsense

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by babasolution: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2022
Looool,these people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by longetivity(m): 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2022
See misleading headline...... see quack journalism

4 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by hisexcellency34: 7:13pm On Jan 02, 2022
Who the hell is Olajengbesi?

3 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by helinues: 5:33am On Jan 03, 2022
grin

Let FG repatriate Igboho so that he can spend some time in prison then regain freedom, his supporters are saying we should shut up

Poor illiterate Igboho, I am very sure he must be bitting his fingers by now shouting Had I Known

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by butterfly777(m): 5:50am On Jan 03, 2022
On Yoruba nation we stand.

4 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by Abdul05: 5:55am On Jan 03, 2022
grin definitely the Yorubas are different from ibos

16 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by LordGuru1: 9:06am On Jan 03, 2022
cry
See it: https://rumble.com/vqc7s5-what-is-the-mark-what-is-666.html

Download and share to all before it gets removed again.

2 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by InMyZone: 9:06am On Jan 03, 2022
Yo
Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:08am On Jan 03, 2022
grin wink wink grin wink smiley

Meanwhile,
As seen somewhere on cyberspace

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2022
Lol

Even Nnamdi Kanu lawyer is tired but doesn't know how to leave. He has committed himself too much that if he tries to move out he will be hunted down and killed.

Recently all his press release is an indication of a man that is tired but don't know the way out..

Soon Igboho legal team will clear off and leave him to his fate.

8 Likes

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2022
Bomoad:
Buhari is a terrible human being

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by VOsimhen144(m): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2022
Tribal bigotry written all over this thread. I think say una drop this yeye character for 2021

Ndi new year new me. Spit!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by MrImole: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2022
What next?
Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by Guyman02: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2022
Kudos to Igbos, see how every Igbo lawyer is scrambling to be a part of Nnamdi Kanu legal team and these ones have abandoned the man who brought serious attention to Fulani herdsmen militia terrorism in Yoruba land

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by Lornalma: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2022
Oga o
Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by Charmingrascal(m): 9:10am On Jan 03, 2022
Olanjegbesi is a greedy and corrupt guy.
He was a SUG President during my undergraduate years at Unibuja.
He might actually be working for Buhari just to get favour.

He is a desperate guy, who could be using Igboho's case for his own gain.

I know him too well.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pelumi Olajengbesi Resigns From Being Sunday Igboho’s Legal Team Member by eFast20: 9:10am On Jan 03, 2022
I pray Igboho is out soon

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Security Operatives, Set Customs Van Ablaze In Delta / Terror: Lagos Police, South-West Amotekun On Alert / Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.