Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift (6242 Views)

50-Year-Old Nigerian Shares Her Regrets About Her Parents Sending Her Abroad / See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 / See Message My Cousin Left For Me In A Pot. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Nicepoker(m): 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2022
Mercychen:
Ok. You try.

Why is it everything nairalanders will doubt and condemn?

Why do you find it difficult to believe this
story or is it because he disclosed it on nairaland?

Look, there are people who do more than that but because they don't voice it, it now looks like an impossible thing to you guys.
There are people who are stinkingly rich but for security reasons, they pipe low. So
Please, you guys should drop this poverty mentality. Its 2022.

OP, I believe you. Even if it's not true now, it will soon become a reality because you have spoken the word and it must manifest for you. #positivewordsalways.
You are contradicting yourself in the last paragraph. Where do you belong aunty.

3 Likes

Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Newboss(m): 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2022
This is why I don't dash family money. Yeye people. Make everybody go hustle. Nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by faithfull18(f): 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
Funny grin Younger or elder sis. It's the sense of entitlement to another person's pocket for me.
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Depressed101: 5:56pm On Jan 04, 2022
Winters23:
I have seen alot of family drama here on nairaland and i use to think they're all made up until it happened to me yesterday.

It have been my personal tradition to give family & friends cash gift during yuletide depending on what i can afford to give out, this season turns out to be the time i gave out the most because of the successes i recorded in business during 2021 and so i decided to share two million naira each to all immidiate family members.

It was heavy on my pocket as i was sending it out but i believe it will solve one or two problems for them.

But unfortunately one of them sent me a text message shortly after receiving the alert of N2m.

I was enraged and almost lost my cool, but as God will have it i manage to regain my sanity within a few hours.

see attached the thank you message
Same thing my sister sent me, when I sent her some money to her during the festive period, I promptly told her to send the money back... that entitlement mentality that you owe them something irks me

2 Likes

Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Depressed101: 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2022
fabiano09:
2 mill is 4K usd , it’s not much for a lot of Nigerians
it's alot for most Americans.. Who and who was given 2m in December? How many Nigerians make 2m a year?.

And how much was given to op to be where he is today? Nigerians always fee entitled

7 Likes

Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Adaanna(f): 6:02pm On Jan 04, 2022
Wow!! Is the send it back for me grin
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by infogenius(m): 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2022
Winters23:
I have seen alot of family drama here on nairaland and i use to think they're all made up until it happened to me yesterday.

It have been my personal tradition to give family & friends cash gift during yuletide depending on what i can afford to give out, this season turns out to be the time i gave out the most because of the successes i recorded in business during 2021 and so i decided to share two million naira each to all immidiate family members.

It was heavy on my pocket as i was sending it out but i believe it will solve one or two problems for them.

But unfortunately one of them sent me a text message shortly after receiving the alert of N2m.

I was enraged and almost lost my cool, but as God will have it i manage to regain my sanity within a few hours.

Cool. Bettet sister.
She wished you well and prayed for you.
I believe you will one day not too long from now gift her #50m + dat Hilux IJN.

Don't take it the other way but let it motivate u that u can do more.
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
Depressed101:
it's alot for most Americans.. Who and who was given 2m in December? How many Nigerians make 2m a year?.

And how much was given to op to be where he is today? Nigerians always fee entitled
I agree with you, I was actually referring to the people doubting that someone can gift all his siblings 2 mill each

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Elliotwaveforec: 6:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
Don't you know women are ingrates?
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Depressed101: 6:57pm On Jan 04, 2022
fabiano09:

I agree with you, I was actually referring to the people doubting that someone can gift all his siblings 2 mill each
very possible
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2022
Mercychen:
Ok. You try.

Look, there are people who do more than that but because they don't voice it, it now looks like an impossible thing to you guys.
There are people who are stinkingly rich but for security reasons, they pipe low. So

OP, I believe you. Even if it's not true now, it will soon become a reality because you have spoken the word and it must manifest for you. #positivewordsalways.

ChoChoChoCho You talk too much Callidora.....

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by silibaba: 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2022
Newboss:
This is why I don't dash family money. Yeye people. Make everybody go hustle. Nonsense

But you dash pastor.
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by jesmond3945: 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2022
Winters23:

wow such entitlement
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Newboss(m): 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
silibaba:

But you dash pastor.

I don't follow any religion
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
Evolutionlove:

ChoChoChoCho You talk too much Callidora.....

Idontgiveafuck Biko, hapu maka na this new year. Achoro mu nsogbu gi.
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Nicklaus619(m): 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2022
What an ungrateful brat. angry With less than that amount someone life would be changed forever.

Op, just ignore her, block her from accessing you either in all ways including calls and social media until she get sense.
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Nicklaus619(m): 7:56pm On Jan 04, 2022
Mercychen:
Ok. You try.

Most of them are broke while most are kids, so things like this sound weird to them, so don't be suprised
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Oppy2k2: 7:56pm On Jan 04, 2022
Where Una dey get this type of broda?
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by bunsuq: 8:08pm On Jan 04, 2022
Entitlement mentality.
I know how many time I sent thank you messages when my sister gifted me with 50k. I thanked her so they I thank her husband join.
It was a very relief.
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Irupetepete: 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2022
fabiano09:
2 mill is 4K usd , it’s not much for a lot of Nigerians
haba
When all I want to start a biz is just 500k..
That guy is an ungrateful nonentity
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Irupetepete: 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2022
Winters23:

this must be a joke!!! Abi eye dey pain me ni?
If I see 500k like this start business, that person will be in my prayers for the rest of the year
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Irupetepete: 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
HenryDion:
The reason I don't give isn't because there's no money, but scared to sow the seed of entitlement mentality. Once you start, get ready to finish it.
true...
Those who appreciate gift or help most are random people we help. When it comes to family, they believe they are entitled to whatever you give
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Springboot: 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
Dbrawllm0098:
Fake

I don't think it is fake, 23rd of December a female friend of mine requested for a loan of 1m from me and I already have a policy of not borrowing women money, I sent her 400k because she's actually a very nice person and we've known each other for over a decade. I specifically told her it's not a loan that it's a gift and she can look for the remaining from else where, she sent me a nasty msg afterwards and I was perplexed. I just ignored her.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by mcjohny(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
Winters23:

Baba just nack me 20k I must dey alright biko
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Oyindidi(f): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2022
Where I dey when God dey give people this kind brothers Ungrateful human being
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by biafraisdead(m): 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2022
Springboot:

I don't think it is fake, 23rd of December a female friend of mine requested for a loan of 1m from me and I already have a policy of not borrowing women money, I sent her 400k because she's actually a very nice person and we've known each other for over a decade. I specifically told her it's not a loan that it's a gift and she can look for the remaining from else where, she sent me a nasty msg afterwards and I was perplexed. I just ignored her.
How can u not think it's fake cos similar thing allegedly happened to u? Let me ask u, is the Op's sister same person with the person who asked u for 1 million? U see that what u said is not logical?lest I forget, I do not believe ur stories too, may be u meant 40k.

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Emmypure: 12:36am On Jan 05, 2022
Senior man I believe you, make I send account number?
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Springboot: 2:10am On Jan 05, 2022
biafraisdead:

How can u not think it's fake cos similar thing allegedly happened to u? Let me ask u, is the Op's sister same person with the person who asked u for 1 million? U see that what u said is not logical?lest I forget, I do not believe ur stories too, may be u meant 40k.

Lol, so many frustrated hungry children on nairaland, of what use is it to change 40k to 400?did u even read? Not everyone online is as poor as you are okay.

2 Likes

Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Ekpekus(m): 6:25am On Jan 05, 2022
Uyi168:
make una dy talk lie, una hear.

50million plus hilux kee una there
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Jimmythewise: 7:23am On Jan 05, 2022
honeyball:

Trust me, your over generosity to famiies will do you more harm than good. You are over doing it.

Set boundaries and be stingy for a while and see a what happens.

Bunch of ingrates.

Have you seen the series Billions?
The billionaire David Axelrod said he has no family and therefore owes non of them anything. They were no where when he was nobody including his dad who deserted the mother. He only knows his mom , wife and kids. Na only those ones de chop him money.

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by NoToPile: 7:25am On Jan 05, 2022
honeyball:

Trust me, your over generosity to famiies will do you more harm than good. You are over doing it.

Set boundaries and be stingy for a while and see a what happens.

Bunch of ingrates.

Preach it oo.

At least the OP is the one seeing such entitlement himself. If it's his wife that's telling him now they will say she doesn't want them to help the family.

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Message My Sister Sent To Me After Sending Her #2m New Year Gift by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 05, 2022
Uyi168:
make una dy talk lie, una hear.

50million plus hilux kee una there
you think say na everybody poor for nairaland?? Better stop spending time on romance thread!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Handle A Nagging, Disrespective And Poor Sex Life Wife / Facts About Penis......matured Mind Only Please / Married and Engaged Members Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.