Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,851 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel (25482 Views)

Biden Signs Same-sex Marriage Into Law amid funfare (Video, Photos) / Cuba Overwhelmingly Approves Same-sex Marriage In Referendum (Photos) / 'New Type Of Early Human' Found In Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by GameGod(m): 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
JERUSALEM, Jan 4 (Reuters) - Israel on Tuesday lifted restrictions barring same-sex couples and single men from becoming parents through surrogacy within the country, upholding a Supreme Court ruling to end the ban.

"It is a historic day for the LGBTQ struggle in Israel," Health Minister Nitzan Horowitz said at a news conference, announcing the ministry had issued a circular granting equal access for all to surrogate pregnancy.

Israel's LGBTQ+ community had demanded for years to be allowed to pursue surrogacy, which is already accessible to heterosexual couples and single women.

In July, the Supreme Court, petitioned by gay rights activists, ruled that the surrogacy ban for same-sex couples and single men violated their rights and must be lifted within six months.

The restrictions had applied only to surrogacy arrangements in Israel, and some of those barred from pursuing the process at home travelled abroad to do so.
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-lifts-restrictions-same-sex-surrogacy-2022-01-04/

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by isaiah4life(m): 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
Where dey born Jesus! cry

A land of pilgrimage is now a land soiled with atrocities.

How banal.

174 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by illicit(m): 6:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
I laugh at religious people

We don't need religions

We need just common sense

185 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Oshin56(m): 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
Over to you pastor righteousness

55 Likes

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Anigreat: 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2022
shocked

Israel is not doing well on this one.

17 Likes

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:36pm On Jan 04, 2022
isaiah4life:

How banal.

Lol so you didn't know that Isreal is a democracy and a liberal one at that even abortion is legal.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:38pm On Jan 04, 2022
This is why I laugh when some nairalanders want us to believe that Isreal is God's own country or that the Isreali's of today are the same Isrealites in the Bible.

The only problem I have with Isreal and don't support is the occupation of Palestine and a refusal for a two state solution. That said Isreal is a liberal democracy and I love that

100 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by BKayy: 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
And Africans are tormenting themselves over Abrahamic religions.
Look at Israel.
The Black man has serious issues

144 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Optimistguy1969: 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
This life no really balance o.

BKayy:
Look at Israel.
You say wetin ?!

2 Likes

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by isaiah4life(m): 6:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
I'm aware. It has been in operation since 1956 but gained more grounds in 1977.

I was just disappointed with the recent happenings.

A place I envisage to visit for the JP title grin

Ladyhippolyta88:

Lol so you didn't know that Isreal is a democracy and a liberal one at that even abortion is legal.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by GameGod(m): 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2022
isaiah4life:

How banal.
Continue dey deceive una self

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by tsinzu: 6:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:
This is why I laugh when some nairalanders want us to believe that Isreal is God's own country or that the Isreali's of today are the same Isrealites in the Bible.

The only problem I have with Isreal and don't support is the occupation of Palestine and a refusal for a two state solution. That said Isreal is a liberal democracy and I love that
Israel is not occupying palestine

6 Likes

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Jack005(m): 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2022
Israel? Hmm... Are these bible stories really true? Nawaoh!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2022
tsinzu:

Really?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 1Sharon(f): 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

The amount of Jew-worship in Nigeria is pathetic to see.

Nigerians stop worshipping Jews.

You look up to them as Gods chosen people but they look down on you as a pagan.

They don't like you, the way you like them

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by AntiBMC(m): 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
Hmm. I'm beginning to really doubt that this Israel is the same with that of the Bible.

The way the word ‘jew’ pops up in all this Illuminati, new world order BS, is upsetting.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Righteousness2(m): 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
These are of sons and Daughters of Belai in Israel.
The Sons and Daughters of Perdition in Israel.
The Generation of the likes of Jeroboam, Jezebel, Ahab and others who caused the wrath of GOD to Destroy the people

GOD is not a respecter of Persons, these Evil, abominable and Wicked ones will taste the Wrath of GOD.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by jmoore(m): 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2022
LGBTQ is an association of insane individuals.

You love homosexuality but you want to reproduce with heterosexuality. Foolish people!

They should have mixed sperm from two men to form a baby. Or use the egg of a woman to fertilize an egg of another woman.

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:50pm On Jan 04, 2022
tsinzu:

Well they are occupying Palestine and building illegal settlements in the west bank which is a violation of international law
https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/11/1104792

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_law_and_Israeli_settlements

https://m.dw.com/en/us-denounces-israels-illegal-settlement-building-in-the-west-bank/a-59634720

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2022
Righteousness2:
These are of sons and Daughters of Belai in Israel.
The Sons and Daughters of Perdition in Israel.
The Generation of the likes of Jeroboam, Jezebel, Ahab and others who caused the wrath of GOD to Destroy the people

GOD is not a respecter of Persons, these Evil, abominable and Wicked ones will taste the Wrath of GOD.

At this point, whoever takes this one serious on this forum needs to have their head checked

You are just a comic relief grin grin

110 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2022
1Sharon:

The amount of Jew worship in Nigeria is pathetic to see.

They believe Israel is a Christian nation grin grin

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Jokerman(m): 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2022
Babylon is now in Israel.... grin
Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2022
BKayy:
Look at Israel.

The thing funny me too grin

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2022
isaiah4life:
I'm aware. It has been in operation since 1956 but gained more grounds in 1977.

I was just disappointed with the recent happenings.

A place I envisage to visit for the JP title grin

What are you disappointed about angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by isaiah4life(m): 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2022
He could be three times older than you. Haba!

But that "comic relief" you used made me lie down laughing uncontrollably. You this lady. Lolzzzzzzzz

Ladyhippolyta88:

At this point, whoever takes this one serious on this forum needs to have their head checked

You are just a comic relief grin grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by isaiah4life(m): 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
I will answer your question, but first, I have been meaning to ask. Are you married? I am asking because you are one of the front runners of feminism on nairaland.

Note: I am not asking to redicule your tenet, seek solemn in a relationship or bater words. I just want to know, please.

Ladyhippolyta88:

What are you disappointed about angry

1 Like

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2022
isaiah4life:
He could be three times older than you. Haba!

But that "comic relief" you used made me lie down laughing uncontrollably. You this lady. Lolzzzzzzzz

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2022
isaiah4life:
I will answer your question, but first, I have been meaning to ask. Are you married? I am asking because you are one of the front runners of feminism on nairaland.

Note: I am not asking to redicule your tenet, seek solemn in a relationship or bater words. I just want to know, please.

This your question get as e be how does my marital
status concern feminism,where are you driving at cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by RenaissanceGuy: 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2022
Many years ago, I used to be very emotional about the modern Israelites and how they were God's special people who can never be defeated in a war. Thank God I now know better.
GodIsBiafran:

You are still a because you still believe that the God of the bible is the almighty God.
Ignorance and arrogance usually go hand in hand. I leave you to your fate, at least for now.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by Flamemignon1(m): 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2022
Congrats Israel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by isaiah4life(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
I was just curious. The way you advocate for women emancipation especially as it pertains to the radical route reminded me of my best friend. She was ruthless in her judgement. She a got scholarship to further abroad. I was scared for her because I thought she won't marry.

Only for me to grace her wedding a few years ago and see that Aunty feminist has become a puppet in the hands of her husband.

I visited her when they relocated back to Nigeria and the babe became something else. I was tempted to ask, what happened? She smiled and said nothing. Since she's my bestie, she told me that she just changed when she got married.

This was what prompted me to ask. Or ascertain whether your marriage changed your view.

Because if you tell me that my friend (name withheld) will be submissive like this, I won't believe it.

For decretion sake, I won't post the accolades she won while being an ardent follower of the feminist movement in Nigeria.

Ladyhippolyta88:

This your question get as e be how does my marital
status concern feminism,where are you driving at cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Same-Sex Couples Can Now Opt For Surrogacy In Israel by 1Sharon(f): 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

They believe Israel is a Christian nation grin grin

Lol they're so Clueless I swear. Alot of Israelis are actually atheists.

Oh and they hate Christianity.

48 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gunfire And Explosions At Moscow Concert Hall In Russia / Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" / Obama's Trip To Africa Comes With A Hefty Price Tag (extra Security, Etc).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.