Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Job Interview; Please Help. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Interview; Please Help. (9854 Views)

I've Been Invited For An Interview, Please Say A Word Of Prayer For Me / Job Interview.. Please Is This Legit / Adron Homes Properties Interview...Please I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Interview; Please Help. by Shytreasure(m): 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2022
Good evening everyone, I'm sorry to bother you all; please help me out on this matter that's quite disturbing.

I graduated from the university November last year, and since i could not immediately resume the business i was into while in school due to paucity of Capital, i decided to apply for a job just to keep myself engaged and avoid idleness (besides, i have a number of responsibilities).

Fortunately for me, at the point of giving up, having sent my curriculum vitae to a number of Organisations, schools etc, i got a message earlier today, inviting me for an interview and aptitude test.

[/b]The point is that, my degree certificate is not ready, and i applied as a B.Sc. holder. Although i have a National diploma which i also included in the CV, but the job requirement is a degree [b]

Ever since i got the message, i have been thinking of the best approach to address this situation as i don't want to miss this opportunity. Please, bosses and experienced ones in the house what should I do?

Lalasticlala, please i don't mind if this is moved to the front page.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by advanceDNA: 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
Your certificate is the least of your worries...
U can always show your transcripts as employers know that certificates sometimes take time after graduation.

Your real worry is NYSC certificate, if it’s a full time position that requires your discharge certificate you might be rejected or offered something lesser many companies offers interns, IT staffs, or holiday jobbers..

On the other hand, if the HR person has carefully looked at your resume, chances are they know you just left college...

Either way... package what you have, including proofs you have graduated without any exception. If you can get your transcript before going.. do so....

Guy.. u go dey alright las las..

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by SultanOfPuna: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by slawormiir: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read comments

1 Like

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by jojofola: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2022
Beware of GNLD sha

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Lalami3232(m): 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2022
This na one reason I love programming jobs. Dem no need your certificate most times except dem want make you sign contract. All dem wan know be say "ARE YOU A GOOD PROGRAMMER?". If dem test you say you good, your job don set even without a degree.
Now to your question, you no get statement of result yet? How about your NYSC certificate? In the absence of none, E go hard for dem to believe you sha, you need something to show. But no worry, just go with your CV like that. If the job no reach your hand, then the job no be your own. But I pray make you get the job sha cus boredom/poverty bad oooo

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go ****"

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by luemz(m): 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2022
From my experience attending job interviews, what they ask is mainly just a copy of your CV.
Except it was otherwise stated that you should bring your credentials. It's usually at the documentation stage your certificate may be needed.
My advise, is just go with what you have. If they ask, just tell them certificate from the school is not ready yet and you'd make it available as soon as it is ready.
Best of luck on your interview mate!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by DominionGreat: 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
If na GLND na them go the rush you self .no worry

1 Like

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by ajalaridwan1718(m): 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
jojofola:
Beware of GNLD sha
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Rhado: 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Shytreasure(m): 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
advanceDNA:
Your certificate is the least of your worries...
U can always show your transcripts as employers know that certificates sometimes take time after graduation.

Your real worry is NYSC certificate, if it’s a full time position that requires your discharge certificate you might be rejected or offered something lesser many companies offers interns, IT staffs, or holiday jobbers..

On the other hand, if the HR person has carefully looked at your resume, chances are they know you just left college...

Either way... package what you have, including proofs you have graduated without any exception. If you can get your transcript before going.. do so....

Guy.. u go dey alright las las..

Thank you very much for this, it's very helpful.
Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Shytreasure(m): 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2022
jojofola:
Beware of GNLD sha

grin grin. It's not GNLD... Thanks for the advice.
Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by TheDemola: 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2022
Get your statement of result or To whom. That should help

3 Likes

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Shytreasure(m): 8:21pm On Jan 04, 2022
DominionGreat:

grin grin
Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Shytreasure(m): 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2022
Rhado:
Congratulations

Thank you.
Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by aktolly54(m): 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2022
Go show them your school fee receipt and login into school portal to show you truly graduate then they will understand you no dropout

1 Like

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Aleora(f): 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2022
Your location
Shytreasure:
Good evening everyone, I'm sorry to bother you all; please help me out on this matter that's quite disturbing.

I graduated from the university November last year, and since i could not immediately resume the business i was into while in school due to paucity of Capital, i decided to apply for a job just to keep myself engaged and avoid idleness (besides, i have a number of responsibilities).

Fortunately for me, at the point of giving up, having sent my curriculum vitae to a number of Organisations, schools etc, i got a message earlier today, inviting me for an interview and aptitude test.

[/b]The point is that, my degree certificate is not ready, and i applied as a B.Sc. holder. Although i have a National diploma which i also included in the CV, but the job requirement is a degree [b]

Ever since i got the message, i have been thinking of the best approach to address this situation as i don't want to miss this opportunity. Please, bosses and experienced ones in the house what should I do?

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Shytreasure(m): 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2022
luemz:
From my experience attending job interviews, what they ask is mainly just a copy of your CV.
Except it was otherwise stated that you should bring your credentials. It's usually at the documentation stage your certificate may be needed.
My advise, is just go with what you have. If they ask, just tell them certificate from the school is not ready yet and you'd make it available as soon as it is ready.
Best of luck on your interview mate!

Thank you very much, this is also very helpful.

1 Like

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by LZAA: 8:25pm On Jan 04, 2022
Your diploma will cover for you bro
Most organisations overlook it after seeing the photocopy sef
As a HR what we mostly search for is the individual's appearance,capacity and tact
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by AFULA(m): 8:26pm On Jan 04, 2022
Okay
Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Shytreasure(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2022
LZAA:
As a HR what we mostly search for is the individual's appearance,capacity and tact
Good luck

I really appreciate this, thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Karleb(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2022
grin grin

JJC!

Go there with your statement of result. Tell them you are a fresh graduate and the certificate is not ready.

Dazzal!
Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Lemmy123(m): 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2022
Eweeeeeey!

From my experience, back then when I use to go for interviews, they don't usually ask for certificate at the first interview, it's when you have passed and you need to do documentation that they request for it. But you can always show them your dashboard on your school portal for verification..

For me right now, digital skill is the new gold.
Please hire me for your writing jobs. Check my signature below

1 Like

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Shytreasure(m): 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2022
Lalami3232:
This na one reason I love programming jobs. Dem no need your certificate most times except dem want make you sign contract. All dem wan know be say "ARE YOU A GOOD PROGRAMMER?". If dem test you say you good, your job don set even without a degree.
Now to your question, you no get statement of result yet? How about your NYSC certificate? In the absence of none, E go hard for dem to believe you sha, you need something to show. But no worry, just go with your CV like that. If the job no reach your hand, then the job no be your own. But I pray make you get the job sha cus boredom/poverty bad oooo

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go ****"

This is quite consoling, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by kernniejay(m): 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2022
The first thing you need to go with is CONFIDENCE. Don't be timid or feel inferior. Go with your CV and copy of your ND certificate or statement of result and other credentials you could lay your hands on. If asked, explain to them that your B.Sc certificate or notification is not ready yet. Even though they may be worried that you'll soon have to leave for your NYSC, the interview invite is a first sign that they are interested in you, have confidence.

3 Likes

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by yyba: 8:53pm On Jan 04, 2022
LZAA:
Good luck
HR for nairaland abi ?

1 Like

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Rilwayne001: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2022
DominionGreat:

Naso that year I go GNLD interview, dem no even ask for my CV or certificate. They just started brainwashing me, not even interview. After like 4 hours or different section of talk talk, Sapa hol me. I wan faint. Chai. My eye don see oh!

@op, you can print your school results up to your final year. Let them know your certificate isn’t ready. Be more confident of yourself and don’t sell yourself cheap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by Focusmind: 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2022
Get your CONFIDENCE and POISE ready. These are the things needed. Certificate can come later.

However, do not be overly excited. GNLD may be the one knocking. These guys have finished job seekers in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by GboyegaD(m): 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
Just explain your situation if the discussion gets there.

1 Like

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by LZAA: 9:26pm On Jan 04, 2022
yyba:
HR for nairaland abi ?

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by dannypaul(m): 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2022
This just reminded me when I was in similar conundrum.

I think I went to the interview with my project as evidence.

But when the interview started, my confidence, poise and knowledge of subject matter covered for for the absence of Physical cert.

Personally after the interview during documentation, I informed the HR my certificate is yet to released by my sch but I'll mk it available as soon as it is.

He understood.

So my advice to you is to be confident and mesmerize the panelists with your knowledge of the role.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Job Interview; Please Help. by onlinestaff2020: 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2022
Shytreasure:

Oga, go and get oluwole certificate.

Employers don't know the difference between real result and fake, as far as you can confidently defend it.

Do u need it?

Pm me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of This Job Should He Go For? / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment Programme 2013 / Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.