Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

What The Heart Wants - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What The Heart Wants (315 Views)

A Cut In The Heart (A True Life Story) / The Heart � Robber / The Heart Wants What It Wants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What The Heart Wants by sochey(f): 7:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
Another emotional rollercoaster....

There was something magical with the way he talked, the sweet melancholic echo of his voice in my head, the up and down movement of his full lips. The persistent twinkle in his eyes, his long meaningful stare, his squared shoulders revealing every toned muscle underneath that body hug black shirt he wore. It was as if he was made strictly from granite, like the god of love took his time to fashion him. He looked more like a Greek demigod that has been sent to earth to cause disruption among the egoistic, Hot females of this earth.

But of course, we all know that he wasn’t as true as he claimed, wasn’t as pure as he looked, his heart probably filled with deceit, his lips with lies. If he could make the whole population of the female world to fall for him, he certainly wouldn’t get best grades when it comes to me. I am an independent, hardworking and above all intelligent woman; I’d be damned to fall for the devil’s son.
But have you seen those eyes, those full lips or the manly voice that bubbles out of his throat each time he speaks? Christ, it was like the whole of him was a sin to behold. Like your female bits are being tickled just by thinking of him. What am I saying; the mere sight of him turns every woman on, well even if you claim to be into girls, you certainly can’t resist the aura that surrounds him.

Christ, how would it look when we have children? Our son as charming as he and our daughter as beautiful as the rising sun. Face so bright and pure like it knows no wrong, heart so full of wondrous goodness. The mere sight of He and I walking down the street holding hands could send any jealous girl to her early grave and guess what, I wouldn’t even care, couldn’t give a damn about what people thought. I’d be so happy living my best life with a man like god, raising sweet beautiful family like it’s the only thing I knew best.

However, happy ever after is beginnings to another story, we all know that life isn’t so much as a bed of roses and a man so pure definitely have his flaws. A wolf in sheep's clothing, maybe. Dirty underwear turned upside down, perhaps. If I never had brothers I’d probably not know how so unclean men could be around their personal hygiene. Like wearing the same boxers every single day, turning it out when the front gets noticeably dirty. I’d rather die alone, despondent; my heart locked away from love than have something to do with such man, thank you very much!

“Claire?”

God, what were you thinking when you made such man? You could have just made me blind, not able to see the perfection behind such arduous work of creation. Like you took your time in forming every single bone in his body. I’m quite certain you didn’t take any of his ribs, because the man looks so strong, so agile, so like something immortal. Ugh, if I just knew which part of the heavens you resided, I’d probably pay you an interrogatory visit and you’d be rest assured to answer all my deeming questions.

“Claire, Claire. Snap out of it will you. It’s like you’ve traveled to Mississippi and back. I hope you brought back some imaginative little mermaid?” Jennifer shouted, snapping me off my daydream.

“How long was I out?” I asked, looking around my surroundings. It took me a minute to realize that I was still in my workplace; stack of papers piling up to the ceiling, my working desk scattered and disoriented. It looked more or less like a semi mad house instead of a working space.

“Like the whole day. What’s happening Claire, you’ve been doing this for the past week, ever since that hot guy was employed. Don’t tell me…”

“Nothing like that, I’m just going through a lot of things right now!” I cut her off, rolling my eyes as an afterthought.

“Of course you are. You seem to forget that I’m your best friend, I’ve known you for years!”

“Yeah, yeah, okay. Could you tell me why you’re here miss ‘best friend’?” I asked, feigning annoyance.

“Came to remind you about the project, boss says he needs it by Monday!” she informs.

“Okay, I’ll work on it over the weekend” I replied.

She rolls her eyes and saunters off. Giving myself a very resounding imaginative slap, I faced my work before the day runs off and the clock begins to tick closing hours. Moreover, I have a lot to do than think about some hot dude around the block!

(1) (Reply)

[wooing A Ghost] / Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Episode 2 / Chidimma, Beware. That Your Husband? Na Me Get Am

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.