Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,722 members, 7,955,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup (36563 Views)

'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) / Man Set To Eat Snake Pepper Soup This Sunday , Shares Pictures - Nigerians React / What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by tutudesz: 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2022
undecided
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by olarwhumy6(f): 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2022
I think thats a Viper Op.
How do you guys eat snakes tho? , mere looking at the pics gives me goosebumps.

6 Likes

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Saynotoapc(m): 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2022
Nice write up �

Snakes don't bite with their tail.
The tail na sakamaje, it will only pierce you with it, so as to drop it then face the real consequences.

7 Likes

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by ShawnT(m): 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Snake meat yummy
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by fapcrook(m): 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
God forbid bad thing in our life. MBA. Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by ABCthingx: 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
The third point is true.
Puff Adders don't lay eggs instead they hatch it in their tummy.
Their babies freely can give you unwarranted amount of venom.
And their venom kills slowly.

8 Likes

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Ate247(m): 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
When he said the little one's might bite you. Abi snake no dey lay egg again.

2 Likes

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by ednut1(m): 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
Disgusting

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Bolsman(m): 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
Kilode! Una dey vex o.
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by brainhgeek(m): 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
FamilyAdviser:
Secondly, after a successful hunting, cut off the head and the tails before roasting it. The poisonous venom of Puff Addy is in the [/b]head and the [b]tails, if you didn't cut it off the venom may spill to the body and you may end up getting yourself killed.

Ironla. Unku you can lie o. Besides, that looks nothing like a puff adder but like a viper.
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by damiloladuke: 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
OK
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Mrkumareze(m): 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
Mariangeles:
So, snake bones are similar to fish bones. undecided

Honestly we don dey chop snake unknowingly for years.. you see all dis Smoked fish from North, I leave the rest for you to findout cool

2 Likes

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by emmykk(m): 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
After eating snakes you kiss someone daughter

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Totilopussylick(m): 7:40pm On Jan 06, 2022
magnum247:
I still dey try wrap my head how una dey take chop snake meat....Chukwu ajuu lipsrsealed
Na your type de lick plate of snake pepper soup.

Come here and be pretending undecided

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by HacheNoire: 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2022
Poverty is real!

Puff Ader!

Only poverty can make you eat such meat

3 Likes

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by chatinent: 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
I cannot can't eat snake.
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by PotatoSalad(m): 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2022
The Igbos ate lizards during the civil war, to the extent that lizards became scarce.
Although this is uncomfortable too, I'm not surprised. People can eat anything angry
Na dog own weak me pass. Imagine eating man's best friend. cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
Bleiz:
Venomous snake can't be poisonous

we will retrench people not sack them as in FG way

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by illicit(m): 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
Mariangeles:

Exactly

It tastes like fish and chicken too

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by pussymonger1: 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
ZAZU..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by illicit(m): 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2022
Lilsameey:
Fatality.

Please someone should clear me on this.
Someone told me the bone is dangerous, is it true?

It's not true, especially when it has been cooked

But the head and anything on or from it is not eaten

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by tyeenigga(m): 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2022
They taste alike
Mariangeles:
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by madridsta007(m): 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2022
FamilyAdviser:
Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup

Yesterday we caught big Puff Addy snake and used it for pepper soup. ( SEE PREVIOUS THREAD
https://www.nairaland.com/6923837/first-time-killing-eating-snake) To be candid, it was my first of eating snake and I thought I will die but guess what ? I woke up very healthy and even stronger with nourishing skin.

Well after my Junior brother finished preparing the snake meat I begged him to list the Measures which he just did and I thought it wise to share it to my fellow Nairalanders.

Preparing snake especially poisonous ones like Puff Addy required skills else you may end up poisoning your self lol...

Firstly, when hunting for snake like Puff Addy, target the head and avoid the tail from touching u.

Secondly, after a successful hunting, cut off the head and the tails before roasting it. The poisonous venom of Puff Addy is in the head and the tails, if you didn't cut it off the venom may spill to the body and you may end up getting yourself killed.

Thirdly, it is very pertinent to roast the snake before cutting it open because if it is pregnant the little ones may bite you, roasting it will kill whatever may be inside of it.
Fourthly, remove all the instestines although some people do eat it but it safe to remove it. Aftrr slicing it to your taste, use Maggie,salt,saint leaves, spicity, ginger and add enough pepper to it.

Finally, it is safe to prepare and eat snake if only you have done it before. Don't just assume you can do it, always seek for help of snake eaters if you cut any or you follow this guidelines I listed above. Snake meat is best when you eat with your family,friends and loved ones. I can't wait to eat another snake.

"may kill you..."

I love the caution you included in this piece.
Wondering why I should go through this risk because I want to eat snake. undecided
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Lovenorth: 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
We must fight with snake lovers

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by nedekid: 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2022
So with all the beef, turkey, chicken, snail, fish etc in this world na snake person go see chop? shocked

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by vibratingpenis: 7:51pm On Jan 06, 2022
FamilyAdviser:
Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup

Yesterday we caught big Puff Addy snake and used it for pepper soup. ( SEE PREVIOUS THREAD
https://www.nairaland.com/6923837/first-time-killing-eating-snake) To be candid, it was my first of eating snake and I thought I will die but guess what ? I woke up very healthy and even stronger with nourishing skin.

Well after my Junior brother finished preparing the snake meat I begged him to list the Measures which he just did and I thought it wise to share it to my fellow Nairalanders.

Preparing snake especially poisonous ones like Puff Addy required skills else you may end up poisoning your self lol...

Firstly, when hunting for snake like Puff Addy, target the head and avoid the tail from touching u.

Secondly, after a successful hunting, cut off the head and the tails before roasting it. The poisonous venom of Puff Addy is in the head and the tails, if you didn't cut it off the venom may spill to the body and you may end up getting yourself killed.

Thirdly, it is very pertinent to roast the snake before cutting it open because if it is pregnant the little ones may bite you, roasting it will kill whatever may be inside of it.
Fourthly, remove all the instestines although some people do eat it but it safe to remove it. Aftrr slicing it to your taste, use Maggie,salt,saint leaves, spicity, ginger and add enough pepper to it.

Finally, it is safe to prepare and eat snake if only you have done it before. Don't just assume you can do it, always seek for help of snake eaters if you cut any or you follow this guidelines I listed above. Snake meat is best when you eat with your family,friends and loved ones. I can't wait to eat another snake.

I keep telling you guys that no snake is poisonous , if it is you won't be able to eat it.
Refer to this post for more elaboration @
https://www.nairaland.com/6923837/first-time-killing-eating-snake/3#109107972

ba7man:
Na poisonous snake like this dem kill like rat??

Snakes aren't having it good in Nigeria at all. No matter how big or poisonous they are, they always end up in the pot when they meet a Nigerian.

No snake is poisonous dude, if it were poisonous it wouldn't be edible. That puff adder is said to be venomous and the venom is used to kill their prey for food or for defense mechanism.

In the context of what you were saying, snakes can either be venomous or nonvenomous and in this case are constrictors.

Examples of venomous snakes are the vipers, elapids, etc and the constrictors are python, anacondas, king snakes, etc

How can my fellow human being be saying that snakes such as the puff adder has venom in the tail; who is telling you guys all these please?

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Dybala11(m): 7:52pm On Jan 06, 2022
MARKone:
Venomous snake, coined from the word vein, is intravascular, meaning it must be carried via blood, so OP if you had accidentally injested the "poison" orally while eating your snake meat pepper soup, nothing for happen to you.
Reduce the lies pls, the word "venom" was not coined from vein, ahba now we're not kids o. And your claims that the venom of a snake is carried by it's blood is bogus, instead the venom of a snake is stored in a poison gland located at the back of it's head. Chai, oga o.

4 Likes

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by chikason22(m): 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2022
33bandit:
Since I now know the rules make I go find snake grin grin
The snake might find you first
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Hosquire: 7:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
Lala
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Tapout(m): 7:54pm On Jan 06, 2022

familyadviser

There's no venom in the tail of a snake. Don't know why alot of people think there is.
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Dybala11(m): 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2022
vibratingpenis:

I keep telling you guys that no snake is poisonous , if it is you won't be able to eat it.
Refer to this post for more elaboration @
Why not look to get educated instead of making such assumptions?? Have you been bitten by a venomous snake before??
I've been bitten by one before, that was years ago while I was still in Secondary school. There is a gland where the venoms are stored.
Have you ever heard or seen a scenario where a snake bit itself to death before??
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Dybala11(m): 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2022
chikason22:
The snake might find you first
undecided
Wahala be like gold digger o.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup / We Design Cakes For All Narialander Who Want To Do There Birthday And Wedding / Delicious Dog Meat Pepper Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.