Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup (36180 Views)

'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) / Man Set To Eat Snake Pepper Soup This Sunday , Shares Pictures - Nigerians React / What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Omeizadean(m): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
Do u mean u cooked and ate a snake with it's scales? Damnn!

3 Likes

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by fola044: 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2022
Na like DIS dem dey chop snake meat ? Chop snake meat and leave d bones show say na amateurs chop am ,I trust myself ����
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by micflo28(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
This is an indication that poverty is leading people to discover alternative source of proteins. We bash china but we eat the most hideous things.
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by davillian(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
MARKone:
Venomous snake, coined from the word vein, is intravascular, meaning it must be carried via blood, so OP if you had accidentally injested the "poison" orally while eating your snake meat pepper soup, nothing for happen to you.
Gbam
The venom needs to get to the blood stream but it's only normal to chop off the head for safety reasons.......

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
"Potentially, any large venomous snake such as cobras and puff adder can inject sufficient amounts of venom during a bite to kill a large mammal like a horse or cow.

"However, unless a human has a serious stomach or mouth ulcer where venom could enter the bloodstream, the ingestion of snake venom is mostly not dangerous."

"Snake venom is a complex protein and are broken down by intestinal processes and substances,"
SOURCE:
SEE SOURCE
here.

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by coolh3ad(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
Rochasstatue:
Puff Addy indeed.
Why not Puff Daddy?
Olodo.
Use google and get the right spelling.

Chaaiii grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by kambili999(f): 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2022
magnum247:
I still dey try wrap my head how una dey take chop snake meat....Chukwu ajuu lipsrsealed
as in ehnnnn ... Ndi a we ezigbo obi
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Dybala11(m): 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2022
vibratingpenis:

I will refer you to these two resources but there are other tons of these articles littered with google search.

(1). https://www.nairaland.com/6923837/first-time-killing-eating-snake/3#109107972

(2). https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://animal-club.co.uk/will-a-venomous-snake-die-if-it-bites-itself/%23:~:text%3DSince%2520the%2520production%2520of%2520venom,be%2520from%2520the%2520bite%2520itself.&ved=2ahUKEwjXrPDr5531AhVWhv0HHZ8GCi8QFnoECAQQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2nAp5UcNhlDuPzjomOy0Me
Please read through the article you posted, nowhere was it written there that the venoms of snakes are in their blood. My claims that the venoms of snakes are produced and stored in a special gland still stands. Or have you lost your ability to read and comprehend?? grin
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by FarahAideed: 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
Damn most of you are still in your primal state
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by OwoukoUrua(m): 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
Lilsameey:
Fatality.

Please someone should clear me on this.
Someone told me the bone is dangerous, is it true?

I've heard this before
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by FX2BROWN: 8:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
I had eaten snake before, I bought a smoked one @ Badagry-around- about for #1,200 then, it was 2011. It has fish-meat-kind of taste. Nothing is wrong eating it. OP, thanks for the piece of information.
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by incogni2o: 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
HardMirror:
lalasticlala or which ever mod pushed this to front page is not serious at all. Who told you there is poison in the tail of a snake ?

1. You are wrong. There is no poison in the tail of any snake. Snakes are not scorpions that have stingers on their tails. Though snakes can use their tails to sort of pinch anyone holding their head. This is only if you are holding the snake while alive and the pinching is from dried scales at the end of the tail not like it is venomous at the tail it is just like a rat using its claws to scratch you it has no venom.

2. You are right about the babies biting. Even new born vipers can deliver deadly bites.

3. You did not remove the skin of the snake. Which is disgusting.

4. Poisonous animals are animals with toxins in their body delivered from touching or eating them. Venomous animals are those that sting or bite. Snakes are venomous not poisonous

Thank you Mr Lecturer.

But you could have taken it easier.

This is not thesis defence na grin

He still shared a lot of useful information.

Thanks to the OP
Thanks for yours too

2 Likes

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by favour32(m): 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
Snake and fish no much difference in taste.
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by taiwiki(m): 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
MARKone:
Venomous snake, coined from the word vein, is intravascular, meaning it must be carried via blood, so OP if you had accidentally injested the "poison" orally while eating your snake meat pepper soup, nothing for happen to you.
you might be right about what you have written except that venomous snake wasn't coined from the Word vein. Both words are not related. Venomous was coined from venom which was coined from the Latin Word venemum which means potent drug.
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Asiseeit: 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2022
Dybala11:

And you believed the info he posted there without verifying it. grin

Lol. I believe - after I verified it. The venom itself won't hurt when injested orally as it would if injested through a bite. However it can affect the metabolism of the liver. Nah mumu go believe what nairalanders say without verifying.
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by PennywysCares(m): 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
FamilyAdviser:
Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup

Yesterday we caught big Puff Addy snake and used it for pepper soup. ( SEE PREVIOUS THREAD
https://www.nairaland.com/6923837/first-time-killing-eating-snake) To be candid, it was my first of eating snake and I thought I will die but guess what ? I woke up very healthy and even stronger with nourishing skin.

Well after my Junior brother finished preparing the snake meat I begged him to list the Measures which he just did and I thought it wise to share it to my fellow Nairalanders.

Preparing snake especially poisonous ones like Puff Addy required skills else you may end up poisoning your self lol...

Firstly, when hunting for snake like Puff Addy, target the head and avoid the tail from touching u.

Secondly, after a successful hunting, cut off the head and the tails before roasting it. The poisonous venom of Puff Addy is in the head and the tails, if you didn't cut it off the venom may spill to the body and you may end up getting yourself killed.

Thirdly, it is very pertinent to roast the snake before cutting it open because if it is pregnant the little ones may bite you, roasting it will kill whatever may be inside of it.
Fourthly, remove all the instestines although some people do eat it but it safe to remove it. Aftrr slicing it to your taste, use Maggie,salt,saint leaves, spicity, ginger and add enough pepper to it.

Finally, it is safe to prepare and eat snake if only you have done it before. Don't just assume you can do it, always seek for help of snake eaters if you cut any or you follow this guidelines I listed above. Snake meat is best when you eat with your family,friends and loved ones[b]. I can't wait to eat another snake.[/b]
op you can't wait to eat another snake abi. Isoorit I will report you to Mummy G.O to figure out a place for u in hellfire

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Bigcowhorn: 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
The only snake i will ever eat is python

Why would i want to risk my bacon eating poison snakes?

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2022
FamilyAdviser:

Yesterday we caught big Puff Addy snake and used it for pepper soup. ( SEE PREVIOUS THREAD
https://www.nairaland.com/6923837/first-time-killing-eating-snake) To be candid, it was my first of eating snake and I thought I will die but guess what ? I woke up very healthy and even stronger with nourishing skin.

Well after my Junior brother finished preparing the snake meat I begged him to list the Measures which he just did and I thought it wise to share it to my fellow Nairalanders.

Preparing snake especially poisonous ones like Puff Addy required skills else you may end up poisoning your self lol...

Firstly, when hunting for snake like Puff Addy, target the head and avoid the tail from touching u.

Secondly, after a successful hunting, cut off the head and the tails before roasting it. The poisonous venom of Puff Addy is in the head and the tails, if you didn't cut it off the venom may spill to the body and you may end up getting yourself killed.

Thirdly, it is very pertinent to roast the snake before cutting it open because if it is pregnant the little ones may bite you, roasting it will kill whatever may be inside of it.
Fourthly, remove all the instestines although some people do eat it but it safe to remove it. Aftrr slicing it to your taste, use Maggie,salt,saint leaves, spicity, ginger and add enough pepper to it.

Finally, it is safe to prepare and eat snake if only you have done it before. Don't just assume you can do it, always seek for help of snake eaters if you cut any or you follow this guidelines I listed above. Snake meat is best when you eat with your family,friends and loved ones. I can't wait to eat another snake.

I bet with my left nyansh that Lala is behind this with a code name or the OP is one of the initiates of Lala
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Judolisco(m): 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2022
Mariangeles:
So, snake bones are similar to fish bones. undecided
they taste alike also
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by silibaba: 8:59pm On Jan 06, 2022
magnum247:
I still dey try wrap my head how una dey take chop snake meat....Chukwu ajuu lipsrsealed

Don't dull cool
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by vibratingpenis: 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2022
Dybala11:

Please read through the article you posted, nowhere was it written there that the venoms of snakes are in their blood. My claims that the venoms of snakes are produced and stored in a special gland still stands. Or have you lost your ability to read and comprehend?? grin

May the sweppes am taking is highing me.

My main argument is that no snake is poisonous that if it were poisonous it wouldn't be edible.

I really don't under your angle of argument at all.

But if it is okay, there is no way and place I can say that snakes carry venom in their blood, I've never thought of that in my life.
Every body knows it is stored in a modified type of salivary glands under their upper jaw, the organ is muscular because when venom is to be delivered the organ is compressed to push out some venom.

1 Like

Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by FamilyAdviser: 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2022
HardMirror:
lalasticlala or which ever mod pushed this to front page is not serious at all. Who told you there is poison in the tail of a snake ?

1. You are wrong. There is no poison in the tail of any snake. Snakes are not scorpions that have stingers on their tails. Though snakes can use their tails to sort of pinch anyone holding their head. This is only if you are holding the snake while alive and the pinching is from dried scales at the end of the tail not like it is venomous at the tail it is just like a rat using its claws to scratch you it has no venom.

2. You are right about the babies biting. Even new born vipers can deliver deadly bites.

3. You did not remove the skin of the snake. Which is disgusting.

4. Poisonous animals are animals with toxins in their body delivered from touching or eating them. Venomous animals are those that sting or bite. Snakes are venomous not poisonous

Puff Adder tail is very poisonous. Do not be deceived or decieve others. Get your facts right
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by walesalak(m): 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2022
FamilyAdviser:

Finally, it is safe to prepare and eat snake if only you have done it before. Don't just assume you can do it, always seek for help of snake eaters if you cut any or you follow this guidelines I listed above. Snake meat is best when you eat with your family,friends and loved ones. I can't wait to eat another snake.
Also remember not to eat the snake alone. You dont want have a venomous snake turn to full one in your stomach and be dancing zazuzeh in your stomach..lol

They say snake must be cut in pieces into odd numbers like 1,3,5,7,9 and not even numbers like 2,4 6 8 10....what eva is the reason I dont know.....
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by vibratingpenis: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2022
wink
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by vibratingpenis: 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2022
Numerouno94:

Some snakes re poisonous. Do a little research on Garter snake.

What are you calling poisonous?
Is it the venom?
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by HardMirror(m): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
FamilyAdviser:

Puff Adder tail is very poisonous. Do not be deceived or decieve others. Get your facts right
will you stop typing nonsense
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by weljewel: 9:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
Praise God
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by PBeni(m): 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
brainhgeek:

Ironla. Unku you can lie o. Besides, that looks nothing like a puff adder but like a viper.

Puff adder is in the viper sub species. In other words, it's in the viper family with; gaboon viper, pit viper, saw scaled viper, Russel's viper, long-nosed viper.
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Zane2point4(m): 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2022
Illiteracy try go school you said no

If the snake no bite and inject you with its fangs
There’s no way you’ll be hurt, even if u like drink the full poison once the snake no inject the stuff into your veins.
Re: Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2022
;
chikason22:
The snake might find you first
undecided
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NAFDAC Cautions Public Against Consumption Of 2 Brands Of Sardine / Big Python Killed Around A Farm (Pictures) / GWR: Tope Maggie Completes 200-Hour Cooking (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.