Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

It's Too Good To Be True, The Girl I Avoided For Months Dashed Me Money - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / It's Too Good To Be True, The Girl I Avoided For Months Dashed Me Money (550 Views)

If It Sounds Too Good To Be True, That’s Probably Because It Is / "The Girl I Dumped Years Ago Became My Boss At Work" / Advice Me! People Owing Me Money Just Killed My Passion For My Brand! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Too Good To Be True, The Girl I Avoided For Months Dashed Me Money by Mindshift(m): 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
Ruth Dashed me Money for New Year

If I was ever told this would happen, I'd say it's a lie. It'd be a big fat lie cause of all the people that I'd expect to dash me money, Ruth doesn't come close. She can't even enter the top 20 and yet she did.

I'm just as shocked cause our relationship is nothing to write home about. It's not even worth calling a relationship

Truth is, I met Ruth when I was in 100lv. And those days I knew she liked me so much. But you know, as per normal correct guy, we no dey too like anyone wey like us.

It's not that she's not a pretty girl o, she is but then that time I had my eyes on another babe. And to be honest, Ruth was not that fine to me then.

I totally avoided and ignored her. I remember the times we'd be walking together and she'd try holding my hands on the road. I dey everly shaparly comot am. No be me you go put inside entanglement

I wish I never did though.... If only I had known

What happened?
The girl I had my eyes on turned me down and by that time Ruth already gave up on me. How wouldn't she....
She saw I was not looking at her at all and she got the gist. I wish she didn't sha

Well, after I was rejected, I wasn't bothered about it. I still kept on with my life and 100lv finished.

Upon getting to 200lv, Ruth started a business where she sells really nice thrifts at very affordable prices and she started making money.

This is clearly not my problem, I was still living my life, looking for another babe (I didn't get tho)

Skip to 300lv, just after Corona break towards the end of 2020
I saw Ruth

I saw Ruth and I had to look twice.
Omooo
This can't be Ruth
Omooo, you know what they call a total turn around? If 'Revenge Body' was a person ,I'd say it's totally her.

You could say she went from nobody to somebody. She totally transformed into a 'hot cake'

I didn't know when tears started to drop from my eyes. At that moment, I knew I don Bleep up....
If only I was patient, I would have been eating the fattest bone by now.

Well, I surely can't give up. Not yet, I sumed up courage and I decided to go and ask her out.

And you know what obviously happened

Washed cannot describe what she did to me. I was turned down dramatically.
So from all I've said you can see that if someone would give me New year's money, it's obviously wouldn't be Ruth.

But funny enough, she did. It was just like a giveaway. It was because to me it was something that really surprised me and helped me.

I couldn't forgive myself easily on Ruth's matter, so I usually check her status from time to time. I was like a stalker basically (don't judge me, we all have our shortcomings).

But something happened one day. I checked her status as usual and I discovered the source of her wealth. She was talking about how she struggled with her business initially and how she started making waves.

One thing she said that helped me personally was how she developed a saving habit. Her close friend Sonia told her about Cowrywise which is an app that helps you save and she decided to try it out. In her whole semester of doing the business in 200lv, she couldn't really point at what she was using money for, but upon getting the app, she was able to become disciplined with the help of the App. By the end of the second semester of 200lv, she has amassed wealth. She even got mad interest after saving.

It makes you wonder, what's the use of banks when you have Cowrywise where you can save and get better Interests

I saw her business go from zero to hero. Let's just say, we're no longer mates. She's way more successful and I was still on the same spot.

Omooo, me sef want money o

I sat down to think about my life. If you were asked to nominate someone with the worst saving habit, I would top that list cause damn!

I get an allowance of 2k from my parents per week. It's so small right?
Yeah, I thought so too until I got Cowrywise. Ruth spoke about the regular savings plan feature where you can't withdraw any amount you save until after 3 months.

I decided to Man up and take the step. If Ruth could do it, then I surely can't lose to her. She posted a link on her status which I followed to also register for Cowrywise for free. It didn't take time to open and set up my account immediately and started.

I Split my allowance into two and started saving 1k into Cowrywise per week. I also saved other money I receive or those that were given to me as gift.

I almost died

I had to live on 1k per week and honestly the first three weeks was hell for me but did I die?

No, I survived.

What kept me going was the fact that whenever I got sad, I'd always check my Cowrywise wallet. Seeing how much I've saved kept me going. I wasn't used to savings so it wasn't easy at first.

I came to realize those things I spent money on and was not necessary. It was a good instance of cutting your coat according to your size and I thank God I did.

I started saving since July, my aim was six months and it got completed just yesterday.
Omooo, if I was told I'd be able to save up to 50k, I'd almost fight the person cause I know myself. It's close to impossible!

As nearly impossible as it is, I was still able to save as much all thanks to Ruth. What better New year's gift can one ask for than this?

I know it may not be much to you but it's something I have never done before. Half of this was from my allowance and the other half was from people. I never knew people use to dash me so much money sha.

I wish I knew about Cowrywise early though, I could have done much more. 2022 we go harder.

Cowrywise is really one of the best things that happened to me in 2021. All thanks to my stalking.Turns out everything no matter how negative it may seem has its own advantage.

This year, I'm going to explore the other features of Cowrywise.
Cowrywise is the first fintech company in Nigeria with an SEC license in the fund. It's just like “the CBN” for investments. The SEC regulates the operations of investment companies, just as the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN) regulates banks. As an investor, the SEC ensures your funds are safe.

Figured it's also a very good investment platform where you can buy mutual funds that are set to grow steadily and give you returns.

Mutual Funds are a mix of diverse types of assets, so investing in one Mutual Fund often means you’re investing in many assets at once.
The interesting thing is you can invest as low as #500 and also choose your risk management level.

It also has a special feature called a savings circle where you can save with your friends and family members or save for your personal investment or even save together with your partner.

Yes, exactly what you're thinking

I've obviously not giving up on Ruth's matter and I don't think I will anytime soon. If things workout between us, we could even do that couples savings function together.

Interesting, I have something I can add to my New year resolution. Hallelujah

If you also want to achieve financial savings goal you never thought you could achieve, you should get Cowrywise Asap and start saving. Click the link below to get started for FREE

https://get.cowrywise.com/r/OreolYGh

Oh yeah, less I forget, there's a special festive season bonus package which is going to end in a few days. You get 1k from Cowrywise when you open an account for free. All you need to do is save as low as #500 into the regular savings account when you open it and then you get your 1k welcome bonus.
It's more of like a sort of savings encouragement.
Click here to get it
https://get.cowrywise.com/r/OreolYGh

Anyways, enough about Cowrywise, they are not paying me for this advert.
The important thing is I'm going to shoot my shot again. Ruth must gree for me.

Wish me luck
Also be deliberate about your saving culture this year. Set a goal for your self and achieve it.

I'm praying for your success. Goodluck

Re: It's Too Good To Be True, The Girl I Avoided For Months Dashed Me Money by operAhdam: 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2022
nice story..bur low-key how much cowrywise pay u comrade wink

1 Like

Re: It's Too Good To Be True, The Girl I Avoided For Months Dashed Me Money by Mindshift(m): 4:06am On Jan 06, 2022
operAhdam:
nice story..bur low-key how much cowrywise pay u comrade wink

angry As much as you can imagine wink
Re: It's Too Good To Be True, The Girl I Avoided For Months Dashed Me Money by Samson1104(m): 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
You just waste person time with this your advertisement comrade
Re: It's Too Good To Be True, The Girl I Avoided For Months Dashed Me Money by nastyjee: 11:44pm On Jan 06, 2022
Go and do thanksgiving you are chilling with the big girls
Re: It's Too Good To Be True, The Girl I Avoided For Months Dashed Me Money by Mindshift(m): 8:05pm On Jan 10, 2022
Samson1104:
You just waste person time with this your advertisement comrade

Check my new post comrade cheesy, someone made use of what you called a waste of time grin

(1) (Reply)

Fraudulent Company / Research Work Aid / Advertising Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.