Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Livestock Farming - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Livestock Farming (3136 Views)

My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) / Amazing Profit On Livestock Farming. / Super Gro For Livestock Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Livestock Farming by FarmTech(m): 12:16am On Sep 24, 2023
safarifarms:

Just like I advised the guy, check the big vet shops in your city, they are likely to have it. It will be cheaper and safer.

Remember that the vaccine has to be maintained at low temperature. So if you are transporting it without special provision for keeping it cool the vaccine would be useless as the microbes would have been destroyed.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Livestock Farming by Volat101: 7:10pm On Oct 15, 2023
simpleworld:
Good today to masters and learned once here. I really interested in going to goat farming but before going into it what is the minimum capital I can start with
And what are the structure
Lastly is there market and good returns on the goat farming

Let me buttress the response that was given to you by the @safarifarms in regards to the establishment of livestock farming. I will always advise new farmers to start small with the indigenous goats within their region so that it can serve as a training platform for them. After acquittance to the animals which will take sometime, you can now bring in other animals outside your region and later crossbreed of exotic breeds.

Good housing, proper feeding and management are the keys points to a good livestock farming. If those things are done properly you will spend less on drugs.

Have a good plan for their feeding which can be in form of pasture establishment or concentrate feed (which is expensive). Some pasture you can establish are brachieria, stylo, centrosema, lablab, mucuna etc.
As a beginner, your target should be healthy animals and multiplication before you can think of any sales.

1 Like

Re: Livestock Farming by Volat101: 7:12pm On Oct 15, 2023
FarmTech:

Thanks.

You can also check at the state veterinary clinic. Cold chain must be observed from point of purchase (if not pls do not purchase) and during transportation till administration.
Re: Livestock Farming by FarmTech(m): 11:26pm On Oct 15, 2023
Volat101:

You can also check at the state veterinary clinic. Cold chain must be observed from point of purchase (if not pls do not purchase) and during transportation till administration.
Noted. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jobs At National Programme For Agriculture And Food Security / Which Other Company Apart From AMO FARMS Buy Broilers From Farmers / Oxygen Air Pumps For Sale(low Noise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.