Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,504 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Livestock Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Livestock Farming (3062 Views)

My Journey Into Livestock Farming (Noiler 1st) / Amazing Profit On Livestock Farming. / Super Gro For Livestock Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Livestock Farming by Volat101: 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2022
This dry season is the best time to stock your farm especially for farmers that prefer Red sokoto or maradi on their farm.
It will be easy for the goat to acclimatize to the to this part of the region (Southern part of Nigeria).
Red sokoto can do well in the South if properly manage.
The picture depict the Red sokoto goats on quarantine phase.

Re: Livestock Farming by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 4:02am On Jan 06, 2022
Am following please where is your farm location.
Re: Livestock Farming by Volat101: 5:39am On Jan 06, 2022
Our farm is located in Iseyin, Oyo State
Re: Livestock Farming by Volat101: 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
Dried cassava peel is available in Oyo State at 1500/bags.
Good breed with good feeding and proper management gives a good outcome in livestock farming.
Re: Livestock Farming by IamAsiri: 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2022
Volat101:
Dried cassava peel is available in Oyo State at 1500/bags.
Good breed with good feeding and proper management gives a good outcome in livestock farming.

Where in Oyo state sir? And also, do you sell your sokoto maradi goats?
Re: Livestock Farming by IamAsiri: 10:44pm On Jan 06, 2022
And please can you tell me if there's anything wrong with my goats? Saw this urine colour this afternoon. What I gave them to eat in the morning is this "agunmaniye" leaves.

Re: Livestock Farming by Volat101: 6:00am On Jan 07, 2022
IamAsiri:

Where in Oyo state sir? And also, do you sell your sokoto maradi goats?

Our farm is in Iseyin.
For your foundation stocking, training, consultation, we are available
Re: Livestock Farming by Volat101: 6:03am On Jan 07, 2022
IamAsiri:
And please can you tell me if there's anything wrong with my goats? Saw this urine colour this afternoon. What I gave them to eat in the morning is this "agunmaniye" leaves.

How well do you provide water to them? Is their water trough enough? Water should be readily accessible to them always especially in this period.
However, I do advice farmers to always have thermometer on their farm to always check their rectal temperature before admitting any medication
Re: Livestock Farming by IamAsiri: 8:50am On Jan 07, 2022
Volat101:

How well do you provide water to them? Is their water trough enough? Water should be readily accessible to them always especially in this period.
However, I do advice farmers to always have thermometer on their farm to always check their rectal temperature before admitting any medication

I usually fill their water bowl everyday. I pour away the remaining water, clean the bowl and give them fresh one. Please, is it water-related? And what do you advise that I do?
Re: Livestock Farming by DwanAy2021: 9:51pm On Jan 12, 2022
how much can I get a goat for rearing?

1 Like

Re: Livestock Farming by Volat101: 4:33am On Jan 21, 2022
DwanAy2021:
how much can I get a goat for rearing?
Depending on the breed and age
Re: Livestock Farming by pheonixdld2(m): 2:45am On Feb 05, 2022
Like the maradi or Sokoto Red of 3 months....Female is how much?
Volat101:

Depending on the breed and age
Re: Livestock Farming by Sportwin(m): 2:18pm On Feb 05, 2022
what breed is the local goat?
can i get in abuja ?
how about maradi or sokoto red ? how much ?
Re: Livestock Farming by Volat101: 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2022
pheonixdld2:
Like the maradi or Sokoto Red of 3 months....Female is how much?

I won't adviser you if it's your first time in rearing red sokoto to go for 3 months old.
I will advise you go for Older ones provided you have reared them before, if not go for WAD.

I'm not familiar with 3 months old price
Re: Livestock Farming by Volat101: 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2022
Sportwin:
what breed is the local goat?
can i get in abuja ?
how about maradi or sokoto red ? how much ?

Sure, it can get it at Abuja. The breed is Red Sokoto.
I'm not familiar with Abuja price
Re: Livestock Farming by Sportwin(m): 3:19pm On Feb 05, 2022
Volat101:

Sure, it can get it at Abuja. The breed is Red Sokoto.
I'm not familiar with Abuja price

just give an estimate
so i get an idea of what it would cost
Re: Livestock Farming by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 06, 2022
LAND FOR SALE @ Alaro, Iraye-Oke, Epe, Lagos state. (627.087 SQ.MTS) GREAT DEAL!!!
•Price: ₦1,700,000
•Land size: 627.087 SQ.MTS
•Location: behind Alaro community high school. Iraye-Oke, Epe, Lagos state
•Documents available:
-Family receipt
-Deed of assignment
-Survey
Fast developing environment. 25min drive to LASU Epe branch. 15 min drive to Sagamau-Benin express way (Lagos joining point).
25min drive to Ibadan-Ijebu Igbo Rd. The land is fenced on all sides, no gate. Purchase from direct owner. For more details contact owner via whatsapp & reference MZGproperties.

whatsapp: +447424409537
Re: Livestock Farming by Volat101: 6:39am On Apr 15, 2022
There is still time for you to execute that long term dream of establishing a livestock farm. It's not necessary to start large, you can start by fattening rams, goat, cattle and sell them off after a while. For instance, there is still time for you to buy rams, fatten and sell them on Ileya. Rams in this Ileya will be more expensive than last year base on the current market price
Get in touch with us for your livestock sourcing (goats, rams and cattle), training and consultation.
Re: Livestock Farming by Maryam1234(f): 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
Sportwin:

just give an estimate
so i get an idea of what it would cost
Budget 30,000 for this particular ones, yes you can get it in Abuja.

Re: Livestock Farming by safarifarms(m): 12:17am On Sep 05, 2023
Like how old are these?
Maryam1234:

Budget 30,000 for this particular ones, yes you can get it in Abuja.
Re: Livestock Farming by Maryam1234(f): 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
safarifarms:
Like how old are these?
6 Months Sir
Re: Livestock Farming by safarifarms(m): 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2023
Maryam1234:

6 Months Sir
Wow. That's amazing.

I've been considering crossing this with WAD goats for improved growth but there's so much talk about being challenging for them to survive in the South.
Re: Livestock Farming by Maryam1234(f): 8:19am On Sep 06, 2023
safarifarms:

Wow. That's amazing.

I've been considering crossing this with WAD goats for improved growth but there's so much talk about being challenging for them to survive in the South.

They're going to survive well in The South trust me.

I have farmers in the South and the result is positive across different locations.

Before you say,Jack they've adapted.

The only breed that will give you issues is Sahel that's if you incoperate them during raining season hence,at humid weather you're okay as well.

I will advise you learn from those into Goat farming In The South for firsthand experience
Re: Livestock Farming by safarifarms(m): 11:03am On Sep 06, 2023
Maryam1234:

They're going to survive well in The South trust me.

I have farmers in the South and the result is positive across different locations.

Before you say,Jack they've adapted.

The only breed that will give you issues is Sahel that's if you incoperate them during raining season hence,at humid weather you're okay as well.

I will advise you learn from those into Goat farming In The South for firsthand experience

Thank you very much for the heads up and encouragement. Unfortunately I'm not sure there are commercial goat farmers in my state (Akwa Ibom), at least I've not heard of one and in my little search I've not found one yet.

The lady I was linked up with only raises about 20 goats in 2 different locations. She said she had a bad experience with the sokoto red. But by chance she has an unplanned sokoto red/WAD hybrid that is now at its 1st pregnancy. Someone dropped a Sokoto red buck in her farm for a few days and next thing a doe produced a red goat. So she's watching out to see how it will go.

Meanwhile is the Sahel goat same as Bornu white?

And what are the major challenges and diseases to watch out for if rearing sokoto red goat?
Re: Livestock Farming by Matobicfarms: 3:16am On Sep 08, 2023
[quote author=safarifarms post=125604134]
Wow. That's amazing.

I have never had any probs with SR here in the South. The last I got, Courtesy of Maryam1234 (NL) are also doing perfectly well. Good management matters.
Re: Livestock Farming by safarifarms(m): 8:01am On Sep 08, 2023
Matobicfarms:

I have never had any probs with SR here in the South. The last I got, Courtesy of Maryam1234 (NL) are also doing perfectly well. Good management matters.
Thank you very much for the encouragement.

Are there any challenges or diseases that are peculiar to SR goats?

How often do you spray them for external parasites and how often do you deworm?

Thanks
Re: Livestock Farming by Matobicfarms: 11:28am On Sep 08, 2023
safarifarms:

Thank you very much for the encouragement.

Are there any challenges or diseases that are peculiar to SR goats?

How often do you spray them for external parasites and how often do you deworm?

Thanks

Common goats diseases are PPR/POX not just SR things. Vaccines are available.

I practice zero grazing for now, so I only spray new arrivals on the farm during their quarantine period.

I deworm new arrivals during quarantine then monthly or when necessary.
Re: Livestock Farming by safarifarms(m): 7:51am On Sep 09, 2023
Matobicfarms:

Common goats diseases are PPR/POX not just SR things. Vaccines are available.

I practice zero grazing for now, so I only spray new arrivals on the farm during their quarantine period.

I deworm new arrivals during quarantine then monthly or when necessary.

Thanks once again.

I've heard of much mention of the PPR and I should be vaccinating my goats for that today. I've also read or watched videos where many diseases like the PPR, CCPP, pox, CD-T etc are mentioned but those sources are not based in Nigeria. Those in Nigeria mostly mention PPR and I think someone on another nairaland thread mentioned CD-T for pregnant goats. Is the pox prevalent in your area?

And please what is the type of acaraside that you use for spraying?
Re: Livestock Farming by Matobicfarms: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2023
safarifarms:

Thanks once again.

I've heard of much mention of the PPR and I should be vaccinating my goats for that today. I've also read or watched videos where many diseases like the PPR, CCPP, pox, CD-T etc are mentioned but those sources are not based in Nigeria. Those in Nigeria mostly mention PPR and I think someone on another nairaland thread mentioned CD-T for pregnant goats. Is the pox prevalent in your area?

And please what is the type of acaraside that you use for spraying?

There was once a report of POX-like symptoms in our area so we took precautions. I saw some other diseases mentioned here on NL, but as you know just watch out for the most predominant in your location. We use Amitrax - acaricide.
Re: Livestock Farming by safarifarms(m): 10:59am On Sep 09, 2023
Matobicfarms:

There was once a report of POX-like symptoms in our area so we took precautions. I saw some other diseases mentioned here on NL, but as you know just watch out for the most predominant in your location. We use Amitrax - acaricide.

Thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate.
Re: Livestock Farming by Matobicfarms: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2023
safarifarms:

Thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate.

You are welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Learn The Truth About Integrated Farming From Founder Of Songhai Farm G Nzamujo / Broiler Farming: Unleased! / HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.