Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,830 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound (1739 Views)

What's The Best Engine Sound You've Heard? / Honda Sound Sitter Calms Your Baby With Relaxing Engine Sound - Photos / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by izaac23(m): 12:37am On Jan 06, 2022
My A/C in my Corolla 2003 was always top notch that at lowest, it freezes my hands when driving if I don't push the vent away from pouring directly on my hands,

But in recent months, if I engage it at that lowest, the breeze from the vent hardly blow to where I am sitting until I increase it and is not as cold as before atall, (although still manages to get cool)

When I engage the a/c, the engine sound changes when accelerating from a standstill or driving very slow. (It sounds like a spoilt farm truck) but when spead increases, it gets back to normal sound.

Some say it is normal that the engine is loaded, while some say that the sound is coming from the compressor and it needs attention.

Pls, my people help me, wat can I do to remedy this??
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by Conner44: 12:44am On Jan 06, 2022
You’re even lucky that your Keke napep came with ac sad

I got the one with power steering cool

4 Likes

Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by melviniyke2002(m): 5:55am On Jan 06, 2022
Go to any good ac technician to check,maybe ur low on feon(gas),as for d sound u described its ok.

1 Like

Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:30am On Jan 06, 2022
Mosbus
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by diportivo: 9:28am On Jan 06, 2022
izaac23:
My A/C was always top notch that at lowest, it freezes my hands when driving if I don't push the vent away from pouring directly on my hands,

But in recent months, if I engage it at that lowest, the breeze from the vent hardly blow to where I am sitting until I increase it and is not as cold as before atall, (although still manages to get cool)

When I engage the a/c, the engine sound changes when accelerating from a standstill or driving very slow. (It sounds like a spoilt farm truck) but when spead increases, it gets back to normal sound.

Some say it is normal that the engine is loaded, while some say that the sound is coming from the compressor and it needs attention.

usually at the turn of the new year,all nissan muranos reset and then misbehave for few days before it will go back to normal

you are good to go bros

sha change the rear wiper of the murano please...that one doesn't usually reset

thank me later

7 Likes

Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by izaac23(m): 10:35am On Jan 06, 2022
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by diportivo: 10:44am On Jan 06, 2022
izaac23:

Some people can be so negative and bitter that it can only be traced back to thier brought-up

limawu

ain't nobody bitter here dude

you made a request without stating the sort of vehicle to let people with experience help u with ur issue.....for him he thinks its a keke napep,for me I think its a nissan murano...every other person will imagine what sort of vehicle it is until u fix up

u dey here dey talk upbringing....u ready for the violence??

undecided

8 Likes

Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by izaac23(m): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2022
melviniyke2002:
Go to any good ac technician to check,maybe ur low on feon(gas),as for d sound u described its ok.

Thank you my person
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by izaac23(m): 10:52am On Jan 06, 2022
diportivo:

limawu

ain't nobody bitter here dude

you made a request without stating the sort of vehicle to let people with experience help u with ur issue.....for him he thinks its a keke napep,for me I think its a nissan murano...every other person will imagine what sort of vehicle it is until u fix up

u dey here dey talk upbringing....u ready for the violence??

undecided

Am sorry, I did not know I didn't include the vehicle name, my mistake...
It's Toyota Corolla 2003 model
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by izaac23(m): 11:07am On Jan 06, 2022
I got it scanned, this is only wat I got
New issues grin

Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by OmodavidoX(m): 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
izaac23:
I got it scanned, this is only wat I got
New issues grin
according to google. You have got a leak in your evaporator system
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by diportivo: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2022
OmodavidoX:

Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by OmodavidoX(m): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
diportivo:

lol I no be Mech o. Na wetin google result bring I post
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by izaac23(m): 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2022
OmodavidoX:

Alright, thank you.
Pls I need more vivid explanation to this my people, help.
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by AutoMoTech(m): 3:30pm On Jan 07, 2022
izaac23:
My A/C in my Corolla 2003 was always top notch that at lowest, it freezes my hands when driving if I don't push the vent away from pouring directly on my hands,

Your AC is not as cold as it used to.
Engine noise is more now when you turn on your "AC".
You have an issue with your AC system. You don't feel you need to find an AC person to help diagnose the system?
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by Blacklaurel: 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2022
Take your ride to an ac technician let him check the filter behind the glove box and the gas level. With regards to the "cro cro" sound when moving from a standstill especially with the ac on (from personal experience) the tensioner pulley assembly is on its way out, try and replace it.

1 Like

Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2022
izaac23:

Did you do any repair on it recently?
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2022
AutoMoTech:

Your AC is not as cold as it used to.
Engine noise is more now when you turn on your "AC".
You have an issue with your AC system. You don't feel you need to find an AC person to help diagnose the system?
VAWULENCE.
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by Adejuwonhis(m): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ur engine power is going low.. try servicing it regularly
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by MOTIONTECH(m): 12:30am On Jan 09, 2022
izaac23:

Alright, thank you.
Pls I need more vivid explanation to this my people, help.
It has nothing to do with your AC don't bother.
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by izaac23(m): 1:21am On Jan 15, 2022
Blacklaurel:
Take your ride to an ac technician let him check the filter behind the glove box and the gas level. With regards to the "cro cro" sound when moving from a standstill especially with the ac on (from personal experience) the tensioner pulley assembly is on its way out, try and replace it.

Thank you
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by izaac23(m): 1:22am On Jan 15, 2022
MOTIONTECH:
Did you do any repair on it recently?

No, I have not.
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by izaac23(m): 1:23am On Jan 15, 2022
Adejuwonhis:
Ur engine power is going low.. try servicing it regularly

I do that sir
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by MOTIONTECH(m): 8:37am On Jan 15, 2022
izaac23:

No, I have not.
You need a proper diagnosis, it's hard to tell what problem could be remotely.
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by 9icetoo(m): 8:42am On Jan 15, 2022
Blacklaurel:
Op, have you done this?
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by nbolaji(m): 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2022
izaac23:

@opp I think I am currently experiencing something similar to this with my car.
As regards the coolness of your Ac, check your Ac Ac filter to see if it's not blocked. The cro cro" the sound coming from your cooling system is probably coming form your compressor bearing. It's worn out
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by izaac23(m): 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2022
9icetoo:

Op, have you done this?

Yes sir, I have done that, but where I stay, it's impossible to see those fancy a/c guys with machines,
The one I took to told me that I need to buy the vehicle recommended gas written on the bonnet, and also fill the a/c oil, but he said the sound change is normal because is due to load on the engine.

But am still skeptical about this, that is why I have not touched it cuz his solutions was just a guess work, nothing more.
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by izaac23(m): 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2022
nbolaji:

@opp I think I am currently experiencing something similar to this with my car.
As regards the coolness of your Ac, check your Ac Ac filter to see if it's not blocked. The cro cro" the sound coming from your cooling system is probably coming form your compressor bearing. It's worn out

Can the bearing be worked on, and can you estimate how much it will cost me??
Re: My A/C Not Cool As B4 And Changes Engine Sound by nbolaji(m): 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
izaac23:

Can the bearing be worked on, and can you estimate how much it will cost me??

Yes it can. 10k is the maximum quote I have received.

I want someone that can fix it without losing the gas but they all can't do it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Henessey!!!! / Which Car Do I Buy Please / Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse Is Not D Most Expensive Car In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.