Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,261 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) (30844 Views)

Man Sets Himself Ablaze After Wife Left Him In Jigawa State / Man Sets Himself Ablaze After Butchering His Wife In Abia (photos) / Man Sets Neighbour Ablaze For Chasing His Fiancée (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by nwekeugochukwu: 5:59am On Jan 07, 2022
Man Sets His Mother Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Photos)

The Niger State Police Command has paraded a 39-year-old man, Stephen Jiya, who was arrested for the murder of his mother, Mrs Comfort Jiya, IgbereTV reports.

The deceased, a former Principal of Government Girls’ Secondary School, Sabon Wuse and Maryam Babangida Girls’ Science College, Minna, died after she was set ablaze by Stephen.

Comfort was in her kitchen at her residence in Darusalam Area of Minna, when her son said to be a drug addict, returned from Suleja on Monday December 20, and poured petrol on her before lighting her up.

Spokesperson of the command, DSP Wasiu Abiodun, in a statement on Thursday, January 6, 2022, said the suspect confessed to the crime claiming that his mother usually intruded into his marital affairs.

"Earlier on 20/12/2021 at about 2030hrs, Police operatives attached to GRA Division arrested one Stephen Jiya aged 39yrs ‘m’ of Niger motel area of Suleja," the PPRO stated.

"The suspect was arrested at Darusalam, Minna for the offence of culpable homicide of his mother; one Mrs Comfort Jiya aged 61yrs (deceased) ‘f’ of Darusalam, Minna.

"During interrogation, the suspect confessed to the crime and claimed that on 19/12/2021, he had misunderstanding with his wife at his home in Suleja which attracted intervention of neighbours and the issue was laid to rest while he left to work. On his return from work, he discovered that his wife had left home to Minna without his consent.

"He confessed further that he left Suleja to Minna on 20/12/2021 with a plastic bottle of premium motor spirit (PMS) and went to the family house where he met his mother cooking in the kitchen.

"The suspect sprayed the deceased with the PMS in his possession and set her ablaze because she usually intrudes into his marital affairs, thereby suspected her for his wife's disappearance from home.

"The outcry of the deceased and the flame attracted neighbours who rushed her to General hospital Minna and she was later referred to another medical facility where she later gave up the ghost. Suspect has been arraigned in court for prosecution.

"The Command therefore wishes to advise parents/guardian to closely monitor their wards against influence of bad peers and use of hard drugs which always have strong connection to crime." Abiodun added.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYZ8otUNXMv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by inoki247: 6:00am On Jan 07, 2022
eh eh jus kill the man to make thr equation solved....

Na why I no dey put mouth for Husband nd wife Mata doz people sabi use anoda person as scape goat...

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by dollynnn(f): 6:04am On Jan 07, 2022
This one na son of the devil angry
See stupid excuse. Some people are just devil incarnate in human form. The heart of man is desperately wicked.
I still do not know the driving force,or should I say, the evil spirits that propel men to do despicable and barbaric acts.
Lex Talonis should be applied in his case. He should also be set ablaze to settle scores

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by jeffizy(m): 6:05am On Jan 07, 2022
Say no to drugs!! .

What a wasted life. RIP to the woman.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Totilopussylick(m): 6:06am On Jan 07, 2022
People perish where there's no knowledge angry

They should make sure he spend the remaining days of his life behind bars sad angry

4 Likes

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by vastolord4(m): 6:07am On Jan 07, 2022
Lol.. what happens when you just can't channel your frustration towards something else.. Nigeria just can't get better
Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by VictorUSA(m): 6:10am On Jan 07, 2022
Some troublesome mothers cannot mind themselves. Though I'm not in support of the man's action, but I admit that this will serve as deterrence to mothers who poke their noses into their children's marital affairs.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 07, 2022
Nah frustration caused all this kind thing.
Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Stephen0mozzy: 6:12am On Jan 07, 2022
VictorUSA:
Some troublesome mothers cannot mind themselves. Though I'm not in support of the man's action, but I admit that this will serve as detterence to mothers who poke their noses into their children's marital affairs.

If stuupid was a username, it will be VictorUSA. How are you able to contain so much senselessness in one post. Have some decency please.

The dumbasss son was more influenced by his drug addiction to carry out such despicable act than whatever it is the mother may have done.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Ihuomanice1(f): 6:13am On Jan 07, 2022
Nawa oo, so this is how she just die for nothing.... May her soul rest well

And this should be serve as a warning to all mother In-laws out there, that likes taking side to their sons without knowing their wife's feelings
Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by VictorUSA(m): 6:17am On Jan 07, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:

If stuupid was a username, it will be VictorUSA. How are you able to contain so much senselessness in one post. Have some decency please.

The dumbasss son was more influenced by his drug addiction to carry out such despicable act than whatever it is the mother may have done.
To hell with you.If stupid was a name, you would have made it your surname.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Romanoff(f): 6:19am On Jan 07, 2022
Baba God, pikin wey go kill us, no let us born am, make we use am do menstruation.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Afamsi: 6:26am On Jan 07, 2022
Maybe the man was maltreating his wife and the mother being a good woman and mother inlaw was trying to show her son the right approach to marriage, but the devil in him would not have that

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Boogyman557: 6:38am On Jan 07, 2022
Holly Gram cool AMABOBI YEEEEEE

wey my KALA..

time to BLAST some people left leg and right leg..

BLAST der YANNSH join

WTF MAN
Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 07, 2022
So pathetic... when Dem born this man ,they were all rejoicing they gave birth to a male child.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Galileopapi(m): 7:11am On Jan 07, 2022
I'll speak on this incident as soon as it hit front page
I'll modify my post and explain how it happened

**Modified**
I happen to know the victim of this vicious attack, she was a very nice, friendly and popular woman around her locality, the said son is actually a twin, she has been so kind to him she has done everything possible to establish the guy, amongst his siblings he was the only one who refused to go to school, always getting withdrawn. His twin brother is a lawyer, the younger brother is a graduate and I had landed a reputable job in Lagos before the incident.
I'll try to be brief as possible

On the 20/12/21 her son came visiting her from suleja, after she requested seeing him, this guy had been so cruel to his wife, always beating her to nonsense whenever he finds fault, from a reliable source I had he abuses drug, cocaine, heroine.

So on this ocassion after beating his wife he, threatened he was going to kill her and no one would stop him, mind she already has two kids for him, so she took flight with her kids to his mum's house she was there on a temporary pending when the issue with her husband is resolved.

When he came to see the mum he requested the mum cook for him before coming which she did, as soon as this man came in after the greeting and everything, the mum entered the kitchen to get him the food the followed her took the petrol he was hiding in his pocket poured it on his mum and lit her on fire, then locked the kitchen and was going after the wife who had fled the scene and was calling for help

This woman did nothing to deserve that kind of treatment from her son, she gave this guy a school to manage he ran it down and sold the building, she invested in a pure water factory gave him, he wrecked the business and sold everything not even mentioning the fact she was heavily involved in him settling down with his estranged wife. She did nothing to deserve such wickedness from a 38 years old son like that
Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by LoveFayfay(f): 7:45am On Jan 07, 2022
Children killing their Parents..... A big curse, if you'd ask me.
Life is complex....
Mtcheeew, don't really know what to say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by NaijaCover(m): 7:45am On Jan 07, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Briller: 8:16am On Jan 07, 2022
VictorUSA:
Some troublesome mothers cannot mind themselves. Though I'm not in support of the man's action, but I admit that this will serve as detterence to mothers who poke their noses into their children's marital affairs.

Hmmm. SMH. You obviously are a child who lacks sense.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Briller: 8:19am On Jan 07, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:

It's crazy he actually spewed that rubbish. It's now wrong for a mother to try and protect her daughter in-law from a drug-addicted and obviously violent son.

If she were to be taking the side of her son, people would complain. Now she was intervening to save the head of the girl, and that is also seen by VictorUSA as bad. SMH.

God help this generation.

17 Likes

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by FirmTR(m): 8:27am On Jan 07, 2022
People wey normal for this country nor really many..
Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by akosy(m): 8:45am On Jan 07, 2022
Power of Drugs...
Him go clear for prison

1 Like

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Authoreety: 9:13am On Jan 07, 2022
Wahala
Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by BestRicePlug28(f): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2022
nwekeugochukwu:
Man Sets His Mother Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Photos)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYZ8otUNXMv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Rest on mama

May our children not kill us in Jesus mighty name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by verybadmouth(m): 9:14am On Jan 07, 2022
U
Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by vibratingpenis: 9:14am On Jan 07, 2022
You should have asked why their prophet get no mama, the fool lit his own mum, he is only emulating the idiot prophet that was sacrificing to one lunatic demon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Victorclean1: 9:14am On Jan 07, 2022
Abomination. 9months of suffering before birth is worth celebrating. This guy is a demon and probably the case should be handed to a female chief judge to handle.

Female chief judge will sure handle the case very well. I know what women can do

1 Like

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Gamusgamus: 9:14am On Jan 07, 2022
What a shame
Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by ogoloray(m): 9:14am On Jan 07, 2022
D
Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Godada(m): 9:15am On Jan 07, 2022

There are indeed lots of mothers out there that intrude in the affairs of their kids. Whatever happens to allowing married couples sort themselves out.

Mothers should know their boundaries and mind their own marriage. Such mothers also had issues with their mother in law.

That said, there is no excuse for the actions of the son. It's unpardonable. Anger is counterproductive. Just look at where his uncontrollable anger landed him.

A matured man of 39 cannot hide under the guise of been a drug addict. He should face the wrath of his actions.

What a loss.

By the way, where is the wife who is in the middle of this storm.

1 Like

Re: Man Sets Mum Ablaze In Niger State For Intruding In His Marital Affairs (Pix) by Odide009: 9:15am On Jan 07, 2022
The guy look like a unrepentant bandit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12 Cultists In Police Net Over Calabar Killings. / Suspected Ritualist Apprehended In Uganda With Dried Babies (Photos) / Boy Sells Father’s Vehicles Worth N7.5m For N350,000 –NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.