Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights (431 Views)

Landlord Issue I Need More Knowledge About This / How Do I Eject This Tenant? / My Landlord Served Me A Quit Notice And I Want To Know What What My Rights Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights by gistray: 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2022
I moved in this compound last year January 30th and my rent is due this month 30th after the agent lied to me the landlord won't be leaving with me in this compound

The compound has one 2 bedroom and one 3 bedroom

The landlord stays in 3 while I stay in 2

Throughout my stay in this house I have tried my possible best to be the best tenant.

I pay utility bills, I helped fix some little issues in the house.

The land landies husband is ill and have collapsed 2 times and in those 2 times it was me who helped lift him up and took him in...

No need mentioning all what I've done in other to live in peace with this people.

So the matter in ground now is that.

My rent is few days due and I won't be staying here anymore.

Since this is owerri and I plan on moving to Lagos after the rent is due.

I intend selling off some of my properties which I have already listed online.

Could you imagine after someone showed interest and came to pick up one of the properties, my properties I bought with my money.

This woman( landlady) said I shouldn't move anything from the building.

For my own property o!!!

She said my Generator smoke changed the color of her paint in the backyard.

I can't even comprehend that...

Does this woman or landlady has the right to tell me how to do with my properties or what?

Should I take permission from her before selling my own properties?

Am I to repaint the wall?

Also note that, I called my agent and told him I'll be selling some properties in my house that it doesn't mean I'm parking... it just means since I won't be here and I'm moving to Lagos I need to offload some load.

Remember when I moved in many electrical faults in this house and I fixed them.

Now, can the landlady stop me from moving my properties even when rent haven't expired because of paint in the backyard wall that I have no control over?

They didn't build anywhere to keep Gen so it was kept at the balcony same place there's was kept.

Lawyers please help
Re: Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights by gistray: 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2022
Help me answer
Re: Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights by Haakeem(m): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2022
Stupid landlady,na greediness go kill am last last.

Does her husband knows about it?? If yes and he insists you leave the gen behind, kind repaint their wall for them and flee from d house of that ungreatfull souls,greediness full their head.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights by gistray: 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2022
The worst part is that my Gen is in exact same place her own Generator is, for peace to rain I even took my Generator outside the balcony with no security.

This woman told me never to wash my clothes outside but every Sunday they do watch theirs outside,

This woman told me never to touch their tap even if during emergency, but sometimes I do pump water with my Gen and even pump theirs.

This woman accused me of being a Yahoo boy even when I told her and and son whom I thought went to school that I'm a web developer and a freelancer

Even during this new year I went to church to Elele where father Ede worships.

But this people thought I went to party and locked the gates as if it's their business.

They were shocked after I came back with anointing water I brought for them to give their old father who have collapsed many times.

I have paid Power bills to date yet for 3 months no atom of light

I just want to know my rights so I can know how to deal with this people.

I real want to deal with this people
Re: Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights by gistray: 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2022
Haakeem:
Stupid landlady,na greediness go kill am last last.

Does her husband knows about it?? If yes and he insists you leave the gen behind, kind repaint their wall for them and flee from d house of that ungreatfull souls,greediness full their head.

The man is sick

And I've in two occasions help them take care of him when he collapsed to the ground.... they couldn't even lift him up
Re: Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights by jetwonder(m): 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2022
grin Are you sure u no sleep with this woman? from your storyline, the landlady is in love with you and does not want you to move out
Re: Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights by gistray: 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2022
jetwonder:
grin Are you sure u no sleep with this woman? from your storyline, the landlady is in love with you and does not want you to move out

Please be serious

She's old
I'm very young guy
Re: Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights by wonderr(m): 10:18pm On Jan 07, 2022
Well she doesn't seem to believe that you are selling your properties she believes you want to park out subtly but she has made up her mind that anytime you want to park out you will paint the place, I can only advise you to paint it if you can afford it but if not you should park your loads out by any means
Re: Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights by gistray: 11:47pm On Jan 07, 2022
Answer me please
Re: Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights by KB9ice(m): 8:19am On Jan 08, 2022
gistray:
Answer me please
MY BROTHER NEVER U EXPECT REWARD 4EVERY GUD U DO TO MANKIND ONLY GOD CAN REWARD. KINDLY REPAINT D WALL AND MOVE OUT IN PEACE.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Solve This Tenant Vs Landlord Issue Let Me Know My Rights by Nonny12121: 9:40am On Feb 03, 2022
Op is a Frustrated fool

(1) (Reply)

Invest In Real Estate In Port Harcourt Rivers State.. �� / Toly Palace: The Hell Called Serviced Apartment / For Sale: Luxury 5 Bedroom Fully Detached Duplex, Ikoyi ~ ₦1.3b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.