Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test (46288 Views)

Man Slumps & Dies After DNA Test Showed He Is Not His Son's Biological Father / Woman Shocked As Her Mother Dresses Her Daughter In Shoes She Wore 35years Ago / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by ogbiwa: 8:03am On Jan 08, 2022
A woman was left horrified after learning she's actually related to her husband.

The woman has been married to her husband for about a year and the couple share a child together.

So when she discovered her partner was part Native American, she thought she'd do some digging.

She did some research and looked into his family tree, before discovering the pair were in fact related.

After going back just a short way, she saw her maiden name on the list, so compared his family tree with her own.

That's when she found out her great grandmother was his great grand aunt.

Taking to Reddit, she said: "I did some genealogy research on my husband's maternal side of the family.

"I find his great-great-grandfather who is officially Seminole Indian.

"We are excited at this point because we find that his grandmother was also born in Oklahoma on Seminole territory.

"Well, I decide to go back a lil further and I become alarmed when I find my mother's maiden surname down the line.

"I look into it further and find that they were born on Chickasaw territory in Oklahoma."

She added: "At this point, my adrenaline kicks in and I immediately jump back to my mother's family tree.

"And there I found her. The woman that connects us. My second great-grandmother, and my husband third great grand aunt.

"The first thing I thought of was my mother-in-law saying 'I feel like she's a part of me' when we first met. Funny how that works.

"No going back now. We're married and we have a daughter together. It really is a small world."

After sharing her story online, many flooded to the comments section to discuss the situation.

One said: "It's fine, don't flip out over it.

"People tend to generally stay in one geographic area, lots of people all around you are distantly related somehow. Can't avoid it."

Another thought the discovery was quite cool.

They added: "I can see why it might disturb you at first. But your kid will have quite an interesting ancestry of being two tribes."

While a third wrote: "My husband and I did this too but found out I'm distantly related to his best friend."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/woman-discovers-shes-related-husband-25886303

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Oxb90: 8:05am On Jan 08, 2022
Wahala no dey finish. Oh, na oyibo people? There own no be problem after all.

8 Likes

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by potent5(m): 8:07am On Jan 08, 2022
I am investigating Obi Cubana's lineage; who knows, we might be related by blood. grin

165 Likes 7 Shares

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 08, 2022
I know it from a white couple

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Botking: 8:15am On Jan 08, 2022
So what now, na to divorce the man?
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by matrix199(m): 8:21am On Jan 08, 2022
Let her dig deeper, she would discover that she and I are also related.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by yanabasee(m): 9:01am On Jan 08, 2022
By the time DNA test is reduced to a minimum price of 20k... there will be massive trouble everywhere in the world.

There will always be trust issues amongst family members.....

I hope we get to see those days...

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by yuping(m): 9:06am On Jan 08, 2022
Where is Africans record, guess the government throw it away.
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by slawormiir: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Nonsense

We are all related in this gadamnnn world

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
Hmmm
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by MrImole: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
So?
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by grandstar(m): 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
Shocking.

For me, I doubt anything shocking will come u. Both parents are Ondo town. And I am sure we go back many generations.

However, that can't be said about Americans, especially Whites as they are a country of immigrants.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Toscarel: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
Now they know they're relate, what next?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by CalabarPikin: 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2022
Reason I don't wish to marry from my state.....that's if at all I see reasons to
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by famousroland(m): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2022
VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU WAHALA NO DEY FINISH FOR THIS OUR WORLD grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by 29slayers(f): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2022
Alaaye, continue fucking him...as usual who day one concern, after how many kids sef undecided
Check my bio for legit IG hokup
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by oluwaseyi0: 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2022
The marriage is still very valid

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by MinorityTribe: 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2022
Go a little further and you may find out you are all related to an ape.

13 Likes

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Vinnie2000(m): 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2022
potent5:
I am investigating Obi Cubana's lineage; who knows, we might be related by blood. grin

U go fit agree to become him GateMan? lipsrsealed tongue
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2022
If God created only Adam and Eve then we are all related.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Teejay13(m): 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2022
This once take style no get work.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by akdjr(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
If truly we are all descendents of Adam and eve, then how come we are having different DNA?

14 Likes

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by whippersnapper(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
Let me too go and dig oh . This DNA thing is serious. Because my friends always tell me i resemble dangote.

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
akdjr:
If truly we are all descendents of Adam and eve, then how come we are having different DNA?
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by maxwelloweezy(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
Research
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Amumaigwe: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
matrix199:
Let her dig deeper, she would discover that she and I are also related.

Yes na. No be from Adam and Eve again?

1 Like

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by damosky12(m): 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
Lol
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by candidbabe(f): 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
Divorce straight!!!!!!
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by yanabasee(m): 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

We are all related in this gadamnnn world

We ain't all related....

I can never be related to Buhari.....

Seems Buhari is your uncle... Mr Bomber

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents / Tee Nsofor: Nigerian Intersex Lady Receives Support As She Comes Out / Man Weds His Beautiful Japanese Bride ( See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.