Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test (46315 Views)

Man Slumps & Dies After DNA Test Showed He Is Not His Son's Biological Father / Woman Shocked As Her Mother Dresses Her Daughter In Shoes She Wore 35years Ago / Will You Be Angry With Your Wife If You Discover She's Saving From Upkeep Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by beautyfunke(m): 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
ogbiwa:
A woman was left horrified after learning she's actually related to her husband.

The woman has been married to her husband for about a year and the couple share a child together.

So when she discovered her partner was part Native American, she thought she'd do some digging.

She did some research and looked into his family tree, before discovering the pair were in fact related.

After going back just a short way, she saw her maiden name on the list, so compared his family tree with her own.

That's when she found out her great grandmother was his great grand aunt.

Taking to Reddit, she said: "I did some genealogy research on my husband's maternal side of the family.

"I find his great-great-grandfather who is officially Seminole Indian.

"We are excited at this point because we find that his grandmother was also born in Oklahoma on Seminole territory.

"Well, I decide to go back a lil further and I become alarmed when I find my mother's maiden surname down the line.

"I look into it further and find that they were born on Chickasaw territory in Oklahoma."

She added: "At this point, my adrenaline kicks in and I immediately jump back to my mother's family tree.

"And there I found her. The woman that connects us. My second great-grandmother, and my husband third great grand aunt.

"The first thing I thought of was my mother-in-law saying 'I feel like she's a part of me' when we first met. Funny how that works.

"No going back now. We're married and we have a daughter together. It really is a small world."

After sharing her story online, many flooded to the comments section to discuss the situation.

One said: "It's fine, don't flip out over it.

"People tend to generally stay in one geographic area, lots of people all around you are distantly related somehow. Can't avoid it."

Another thought the discovery was quite cool.

They added: "I can see why it might disturb you at first. But your kid will have quite an interesting ancestry of being two tribes."

While a third wrote: "My husband and I did this too but found out I'm distantly related to his best friend."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/woman-discovers-shes-related-husband-25886303
after 3 times banging...make the leave me alone
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by WahalaNoDeFinis: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
Wahala Pro Max
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by treatise: 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
ArchiLimited:
Sometimes people just like digging for things that aren't necessary. Then when they now find what they're looking for, they start suffering from self inflicted depression. Which one is second great grand aunt. Some of our parents that married from the same village, if they decide to dig back some generations, there's no how they won't find a connection somewhere. But some things aren't just necessary

Put differently, the more you peel a bulb onion the more tearful you become.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Godstiger(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
Come to think of it, 'aren't we all related in one way or the other'?

1 Like

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by havenz(m): 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
After you don find out, waiting you wan come do, abi you wan unfu*k all dey fu*k, my dear nobody can unfu*k dey pu**y that have been fu*ked. Next time just catch break for love and do a proper findings before getting married.Thanks.
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by AmazingELixir: 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2022
lipsrsealed

What do we say about fathers deliberated impregnating their daughters and mothers have children with their sons.

I'm very sure most youths of today if their partner is not of thesame father and motherwith them...fvck can still be fvcked.
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by juman(m): 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2022
Nonsense ni yen.
Through great grand aunt, great grand mother, great great grand father.

What of us from small villages that marry one another.
Almost everybody in the village is one way or the other related to you.
May be through great grand something.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by tstx(m): 2:34pm On Jan 08, 2022
yuping:
Where is Africans record, guess the government throw it away.

Wetin concern Black man concern record
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by BigDawsNet: 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2022
akdjr:
If truly we are all descendents of Adam and eve, then how come we are having different DNA?

What's the genesis of Asian, Blacks
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Itulah(m): 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2022
potent5:
I am investigating Obi Cubana's lineage; who knows, we might be related by blood. grin

Ole angry

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Ugonna62: 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2022
ArchiLimited:
Sometimes people just like digging for things that aren't necessary. Then when they now find what they're looking for, they start suffering from self inflicted depression. Which one is second great grand aunt. Some of our parents that married from the same village, if they decide to dig back some generations, there's no how they won't find a connection somewhere. But some things aren't just necessary
That is it .
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2022
potent5:
I am investigating Obi Cubana's lineage; who knows, we might be related by blood. grin
grin When Bill Gate dey there ....you go prove how you turn black
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Coolgent(m): 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2022
potent5:

Based on our research.. Dangote is your Uncle
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by InaNla877: 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2022
Accra It's a great site to reach Ghanaian audience.

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by cejaypriesty(m): 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2022
We are all related one way or the other .Go to the village you will hear something like his great great grand father was the uncle of your great great grand aunty .So don't bother digging ,we are all related.

1 Like

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
[quote author=ogbiwa post=109181281]

While a third wrote: "My husband and I did this too but found out I'm distantly related to his best friend."

]
Hewoo shocked shocked
I bet she don dey eye her hubby best friend cheesy cheesy
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by dnawah(m): 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
ArchiLimited:
na so person go do DNA for him grandchildren, come find out say him some no be him own.
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2022
ogbiwa:
A woman was left horrified after learning she's actually related to her husband.

The woman has been married to her husband for about a year and the couple share a child together.

So when she discovered her partner was part Native American, she thought she'd do some digging.

She did some research and looked into his family tree, before discovering the pair were in fact related.

After going back just a short way, she saw her maiden name on the list, so compared his family tree with her own.

Taking to Reddit, she said: "I did some genealogy research on my husband's maternal side of the family.

"We are excited at this point because we find that his grandmother was also born in Oklahoma on Seminole territory.

"Well, I decide to go back a lil further and I become alarmed when I find my mother's maiden surname down the line.

"I look into it further and find that they were born on Chickasaw territory in Oklahoma."

She added: "At this point, my adrenaline kicks in and I immediately jump back to my mother's family tree.

"And there I found her. The woman that connects us. My second great-grandmother, and my husband third great grand aunt.

"The first thing I thought of was my mother-in-law saying 'I feel like she's a part of me' when we first met. Funny how that works.

"No going back now. We're married and we have a daughter together. It really is a small world."

After sharing her story online, many flooded to the comments section to discuss the situation.

"People tend to generally stay in one geographic area, lots of people all around you are distantly related somehow. Can't avoid it."

They added: "I can see why it might disturb you at first. But your kid will have quite an interesting ancestry of being two tribes."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/woman-discovers-shes-related-husband-25886303

If you know this and you are wise, you don't need to fight Igbo man, Yoruba, Hausa , Ijaw or any other tribe.
Some of those people that you think are from Yoruba , a research may shock you that they migrated from another tribe. Nigerians kill themselves over any useless thing, forgetting that your language can be learned by any man including the Chinese. My grand father migrated from one tribe to another. We only got to know because we were told. Just imagine if I had been fighting against the tribe he migrated from , not knowing that am also from there. Here on nairaland, you'll see Igbo fighting Hausa , Yoruba people .

The reason you think you are an Hausa is because you were raised that way, so you grew up to accept that you are an Hausa man. But a research could shock you were your forefathers migrated from .

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by BJanta: 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2022
ogbiwa:

Everybody is related to the other person one way or the other, even across races and tribes.Are we just all not children of Adam and Eve ? Even that great-gran gran relationship is too distant to be significant. So stick to your hussie, madam .
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Hahjascho(m): 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2022
When you search for what is unreal, you get unreal results.
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Pero003: 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2022
Make I go check my own sef may be me and bahari fit go get the same DNA
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:04pm On Jan 08, 2022
potent5:
Good luck grin
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Babastrong(m): 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2022
Me, i dey dig dig to reach where dangote is tapping his grace.
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2022
Englandboy:
I know it from a white couple

why am i expecting them to be a yoruba couple?
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by KingDash: 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2022
akdjr:
If truly we are all descendents of Adam and eve, then how come we are having different DNA?
even jesus no fit explain this one.

2 Likes

Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Stevegoddy23: 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2022
Wahala be like Keke napep. DNA is causing a lot of havoc than abortion.

Source:
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Jhayeahsam01(m): 3:22pm On Jan 08, 2022
We r all related o.
We r from Adam and eve
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Soukiss(m): 3:26pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Nonsense

We are all related in this gadamnnn world
slawormirr have said it all
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by Pidginboss: 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
grandstar:
Shocking.

For me, I doubt anything shocking will come u. Both parents are Ondo town. And I am sure we go back many generations.

However, that can't be said about Americans, especially Whites as they are a country of immigrants.

They are Indians and thus native to the lands the. The whites who are Europeans as are the migrants
Re: American Woman Shocked To Discover She's Related To Her Husband After DNA Test by everythinggirly(f): 3:30pm On Jan 08, 2022
We are all related jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife Still Asks Her Ex For Money / What Are The Odds Of Marrying Your Age Mate? / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.