Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,861 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results (17185 Views)

Doctor Who Witnessed Sylvester Oromoni's Autopsy Speaks (Video) / Autopsy Result Of Sylvester Oromoni Junior Has Been Released (photos) / Oromoni Sylvester: Statement From Dowen College On Death Of 12-Year-Old Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Sammydanny: 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2022
Anabelle Oromoni, the sister of Sylvester Oromoni, a Dowen College student who died last year, has reacted after the Lagos State government said autopsy results showed her brother died a natural death.

Sylvester's family had said he was beaten up by older students and given a substance to drink.

They added that Sylvester named 5 of the boys who allegedly assaulted him.

However, the Lagos State Government later cleared the five students and five employees of Dowen College accused of complicity in the death of 11-year-old Sylvester Oromoni.

The state cleared them as well as the school following the Legal Advice of the Director of Public Prosecution, DPP, Ms. Adetutu Oshinusi.

According to the advice, the interim and final autopsy reports issued by the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital and toxicology report of post mortem samples and that of the Central Hospital, Warri were in agreement as to the cause of death namely: Septicaemia, Lobar Pneumonia with Acute Pyelonephritis, Pyomyositis of the right ankle and Acute Bacteria Pneumonia due to severe Sepsis.

The result of the toxicology is also not indicative of any toxic or poisonous substance in the body of the deceased

The DPP’s legal advice, therefore, concluded that based on these findings, there is no prima facie case of murder, involuntary manslaughter and or malicious administering of poison with intent to harm against the five students, Favour Benjamin aged 16, Micheal Kashamu (15), Edward Begue (16), Ansel Temile (14) and Kenneth Inyang (15).

Speaking during a radio interview on Nigerian Info, Sylvester's sister, Anabelle said the claim that her brother died a natural death is simply a tactic to justify the reopening of the school.

She added that in Nigeria, "there is always power plays involved".

Asked whether the family has seen the toxicology report that shows sylvester died a natural death, she said its been word of mouth and the government and police have refused to show them the report.

She said: "They haven't shown us anything. We've been asking them to show us."

[flash=425,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t73G96spFCI[/flash]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Sammydanny: 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2022
cc Seun, Lalasticlala
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2022
It's doing me as if I should buy this case but unfortunately I can't.Women were honeys in the early times and no one dares touch the source of Honey(which is Bees) but modern women have become ordinary flies,I'll stop here.Dem kill your child, you kom social media dy rant kom dy disgrace real women.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Sammydanny: 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2022
shocked
Iyaebe:
It's doing me as if I should buy this case but unfortunately I can't.Women were honeys in the early times and no one dares touch the source of Honey(which is Bees) but modern women have become ordinary flies,I'll stop here.Dem kill your child, you kom social media dy rant kom dy disgrace real women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by yanabasee(m): 2:50pm On Jan 08, 2022
Seems to me like she was sniffing cokes....

Sylvester deserves better....

The parents of the murderers must have had people in higher places and in the police force, and they're doing everything possible to cover this case underneath.....

As far as the NPF have released a statement... Never believe them... they go with the highest bidder...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Sammydanny: 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2022
Hmmm
yanabasee:
Seems to me like she was sniffing cokes....

Sylvester deserves better....

The parents of the murderers must have had people in higher places and in the police force, and they're doing everything possible to cover this case underneath.....

As far as the NPF have released a statement... Never believe them... they go with the highest bidder...
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by othermen: 8:28am On Jan 09, 2022
Scientific results can be very prone to manipulation, not only because they require human interpretations, but even more so, because they are based on it.

There are certain procedures and results that are not so much prone, where such inclination is addressed by existing standards, validity and reliability.

But it is not an evidence of naivety if you think that interpretations of such can be very skewed towards the intended purpose of the examiner or the researcher.

It is so as to reduce such skewed interpretations, that seven pathologists with perhaps different or two interests had to probe into his body.

Again, most scientific procedures defers to authority. The ones that didn't, are the remarkable findings, that goes through rigorous and frustrating peer reviews that may sometimes demand decades or 'half of' to become established by the scientific community.

The scientific community has their norms, values and even a collective conscience, that sometimes a deviant finds that the structures can overwhelm if you attempt to dissuade it or persuade its established findings.

Imagine for the purpose of relation or appreciation: that our leading scientists and even the greatest scientists of different ages have built their findings on a certain proposition or assumption, which an emerging scientist have now found as flawed, because of the threat such finding may have to their reputations and life-time work, there might be some hesitancy to the truth; some rigour that will or may truly overwhelm the emerging scientist to lose bearing may even be orchestrated.

Although I have used the word orchestrated, such orchestration that overwhelms, may not be the intent or may be the intent of the agitated.

The medical field have an interest in being perceived as dependable and well-grounded. Cases of false diagnosis, clinical errors, medical negligences are not so much in the interest and so not so much investigated, unless by a resourceful relative or friend to the dead or misdiagnosed... because the effect of such false diagnosis may in addition to death of the victim, lead to withdrawal of such health-care provider license and to the perception of the discipline...so there are often little questions allowed to be asked.

In tertiary hospitals even foremost in the country, you can make a call through to anyone who has lost someone there, they probably weren't even met with sympathy in the relation of their loss, the fellow may not even see anyone to interrogate, and though a report is issued, the reports are so worded that reading it in your state of internal disarray, gives little meaning to settling such disarray. If it gives meaning, it would be to the extent of their callous dismissal, which is intently defensive and strikingly intended to absorb from any suggestion of culpability. And so, many have died, who shouldn't have, but we may not know.

The system however, is not built and made in such a way, that we can probe adequately to understand not just how this is so but if this is so, but it is an hypothesis you can test. In probing, it is the same medical field that is accused that we defer to and the medical field aside its interest in being perceived as dependable and well-grounded, is also skewed by interpretations in relating its suggestion as to the causes of its finding.

Imagine for purpose of relation or appreciation: that I have worked with KPMM for a better part of my life, but my work has affected my health, in such that, my fixation on the computer screen and the lighting of my work station, have now damaged my eyesight.

''My doctor said this may be so. I relate to KPMM my condition and beseech its assistance in redeeming my eyesight which was damaged in its service. KPMM responds and knows such assistance would only lead to endless law suits by its former employees who may cite whatever current health predicament they have as a failure of KPMM to provide a safe work environment.

Aware of such tendency to weaponisation, KPMM does not decline my solicitation for help right away, they invite me to meet with their own doctors for an examination or confirmation. Their doctors, who are much more renowned than mine in the field then establish that my eye condition or predicament cannot be linked to KPMM, that although it is as a result of exposure to light or non exposure to adequate lightning, but the light from my computer screen in KPMM is standard and adequate and not hazardous to the eyes. Their examination report is worded with the support of KPMM lawyers.

Now, it is the aspiration of any doctor to work with the KPMM medical consultants and he defers to them in the end. The consultants are the foremost in the country, they have among their directors, the leading professors in optometry and ophthalmology. No bank will give a loan that would help afford a medical report, so superior. The government hospitals do not even have the facilities for such examination. ''

Such relation above is the reality of many and may be the reality of Oromoni, science would not come to their aid unless afforded. Financial resources would; such financial resource has perhaps aided the college, but if the family spend more, the result can also be skewed to their intent.

It all underscores the necessity of financial resource to medical justice.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by uncleck: 8:28am On Jan 09, 2022
The best solution to this case rn is: compensate the family and close the case

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Anazp: 8:28am On Jan 09, 2022
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by super254(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2022
smiley smiley wink
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by peppermint7(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2022
Start hustling now so you can all leave this shithole
This is one of the best thing you can do for your family and generation

Nigeria is the worst thing that can happen to any unborn child

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by nanauju(f): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2022
kiss
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Lemmy123(m): 8:30am On Jan 09, 2022
Eweeeeeey!

It's sad that they let this story go this way. God knows I wouldn't be having it if it were my brother. I'd rather scratch people's faces, make trouble and go to jail, you know, something to at least give me some consolations that I avenged my brother's death and not attending to some perfunctory interviews....

Whatever works for the Oromonis.. But sincerely, I'm disappointed

2 Likes

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by omoadeleye(m): 8:32am On Jan 09, 2022
Okay. Autopsy result was reported as natural cause while the family still believe it's not natural without evidence. What's going on.

Y'all both have all the resources to go extra length to prove anything.

But, God is behind the army of the great artillery.

3 Likes

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:32am On Jan 09, 2022
Iyaebe:

No be social media the case started and got serious?

You go just open mouth spit rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Oluomo90(m): 8:33am On Jan 09, 2022
The result of the autopsy is a big surprise to me.

4 Likes

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Nastydroid(m): 8:33am On Jan 09, 2022
It’s obvious the school won’t want to run out of business

2 Likes

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by yesloaded: 8:33am On Jan 09, 2022
Parent should please always find time to know well being of their children

I can't send my kids to boarding school btw but if you must send your kids to boarding, ensure you visit them at least once every 2 weeks and the school is within the same state where you lives

It's better to leave your kids in care of your trusted family members in case you are outside the country than taking them to boarding school

I'm not saying boarding school is completely bad but honestly, some boarding school don't worth it

Forget the building or over hyped name, do proper findings about any school you will enrol your children

RIP to the your boy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 09, 2022
This girl talk too much

You can't just be insisting some boys killed your brother without presenting evidence to back up the claim.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by PVision2020(m): 8:34am On Jan 09, 2022
Nigerians are mostly emotional and less logical. Even when confonted with superior facts and arguments we always tend to follow the mob, thanks to the social media.

Over 7 pathologist from different tribes, interest and institutions gave a verdict but jungle justices/juror on social media aren't concern about scientific fact.
If it doesn't align with what we want to here then someone must have been paid.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:34am On Jan 09, 2022
If you are at logger head with big people in Nigeria..

The best way to make people aware is social media.. the case go trend for few weeks and die down...

No justice.. nothing..

Going through normal channel without social media can get you murdered
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Boogyman557: 8:34am On Jan 09, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Seun360(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2022
These people should move on, people lose love ones every day and life continues.

They just want to pin the death of their son to innocent pupils.

Thanks to science, innocent people would have suffered for what they didn't do.

5 Likes

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2022
Once you know how 9ja works

Poor man.. law is made for..

Don't forget the poor in context means

Money and fame..

Even davido and wizkid are poor compared to some people and they can well be walked over just like Sylvester's family

1 Like

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Wonob6a: 8:35am On Jan 09, 2022
Buhari is a terrible human being
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:36am On Jan 09, 2022
Heard anything new or convincing about the guy in Ife that someone got murdered in his hotel?

Tsw..

2 Likes

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by knowhowk: 8:37am On Jan 09, 2022
Well ! The Family should leave it to Almighty God ... Anyone Expecting Justice in Naija is like waiting for the blinking of the Crab by the Sea Shore ... Period...

Was this Boy Really beaten seriously by His Mates? Did he sustained any Serious Injury ? What led to the Swollen of His Lips as shown in a Picture ? Was he given a Substance to Drink ?

Everyone has one Health Challenges or the other in the body ..If anyone should go for a Medical Test ,An ailments Serious non serious must be seen ,This boy might also have a non life threatening or life threatening health Challenge no doubt before but saying his whatever health Challenge led to his death and he died Naturally is like Saying someone who had a Malaria before and was later Poisoned Died of Malaria because it was seen in His Autopsy that he once had a Malaria prior to His Death...

Nigeria I hail thee...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Bougos: 8:37am On Jan 09, 2022
Iyaebe:
what's this one saying

1 Like

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by superCleanworks(m): 8:38am On Jan 09, 2022
i hope the truth comes out real soon.

because like this it is already going under the ground already.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LAUTECH Indefinite Closure: I Don’t Have Money – Aregbesola / Primary And Secondary Schools Teachers In Abia To Resume On August 4 / Why Do Some Nigerians Think Being A Male Nursing Student Is An Abomination???!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.