Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,672 members, 7,827,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results (17204 Views)

Doctor Who Witnessed Sylvester Oromoni's Autopsy Speaks (Video) / Autopsy Result Of Sylvester Oromoni Junior Has Been Released (photos) / Oromoni Sylvester: Statement From Dowen College On Death Of 12-Year-Old Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by grandstar(m): 11:14am On Jan 09, 2022
Iyaebe:
It's doing me as if I should buy this case but unfortunately I can't.Women were honeys in the early times and no one dares touch the source of Honey(which is Bees) but modern women have become ordinary flies,I'll stop here.Dem kill your child, you kom social media dy rant kom dy disgrace real women.

What are you saying? This girl is probably a teenager.
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Phoenixflap: 11:27am On Jan 09, 2022
othermen:
Scientific results can be very prone to manipulation, not only because they require human interpretations, but even more so, because they are based on it.

There are certain procedures and results that are not so much prone, where such inclination is addressed by existing standards, validity and reliability.

But it is not an evidence of naivety if you think that interpretations of such can be very skewed towards the intended purpose of the examiner or the researcher.

It is so as to reduce such skewed interpretations, that seven pathologists with perhaps different or two interests had to probe into his body.

Again, most scientific procedures defers to authority. The ones that didn't, are the remarkable findings, that goes through rigorous and frustrating peer reviews that may sometimes demand decades or 'half of' to become established by the scientific community.

The scientific community has their norms, values and even a collective conscience, that sometimes a deviant finds that the structures can overwhelm if you attempt to dissuade it or persuade its established findings.

Imagine for the purpose of relation or appreciation: that our leading scientists and even the greatest scientists of different ages have built their findings on a certain proposition or assumption, which an emerging scientist have now found as flawed, because of the threat such finding may have to their reputations and life-time work, there might be some hesitancy to the truth; some rigour that will or may truly overwhelm the emerging scientist to lose bearing may even be orchestrated.

Although I have used the word orchestrated, such orchestration that overwhelms, may not be the intent or may be the intent of the agitated.

The medical field have an interest in being perceived as dependable and well-grounded. Cases of false diagnosis, clinical errors, medical negligences are not so much in the interest and so not so much investigated, unless by a resourceful relative or friend to the dead or misdiagnosed... because the effect of such false diagnosis may in addition to death of the victim, lead to withdrawal of such health-care provider license and to the perception of the discipline...so there are often little questions allowed to be asked.

In tertiary hospitals even foremost in the country, you can make a call through to anyone who has lost someone there, they probably weren't even met with sympathy in the relation of their loss, the fellow may not even see anyone to interrogate, and though a report is issued, the reports are so worded that reading it in your state of internal disarray, gives little meaning to settling such disarray. If it gives meaning, it would be to the extent of their callous dismissal, which is intently defensive and strikingly intended to absorb from any suggestion of culpability. And so, many have died, who shouldn't have, but we may not know.

The system however, is not built and made in such a way, that we can probe adequately to understand not just how this is so but if this is so, but it is an hypothesis you can test. In probing, it is the same medical field that is accused that we defer to and the medical field aside its interest in being perceived as dependable and well-grounded, is also skewed by interpretations in relating its suggestion as to the causes of its finding.

Imagine for purpose of relation or appreciation: that I have worked with KPMM for a better part of my life, but my work has affected my health, in such that, my fixation on the computer screen and the lighting of my work station, have now damaged my eyesight.

''My doctor said this may be so. I relate to KPMM my condition and beseech its assistance in redeeming my eyesight which was damaged in its service. KPMM responds and knows such assistance would only lead to endless law suits by its former employees who may cite whatever current health predicament they have as a failure of KPMM to provide a safe work environment.

Aware of such tendency to weaponisation, KPMM does not decline my solicitation for help right away, they invite me to meet with their own doctors for an examination or confirmation. Their doctors, who are much more renowned than mine in the field then establish that my eye condition or predicament cannot be linked to KPMM, that although it is as a result of exposure to light or non exposure to adequate lightning, but the light from my computer screen in KPMM is standard and adequate and not hazardous to the eyes. Their examination report is worded with the support of KPMM lawyers.

Now, it is the aspiration of any doctor to work with the KPMM medical consultants and he defers to them in the end. The consultants are the foremost in the country, they have among their directors, the leading professors in optometry and ophthalmology. No bank will give a loan that would help afford a medical report, so superior. The government hospitals do not even have the facilities for such examination. ''

Such relation above is the reality of many and may be the reality of Oromoni, science would not come to their aid unless afforded. Financial resources would; such financial resource has perhaps aided the college, but if the family spend more, the result can also be skewed to their intent.

It all underscores the necessity of financial resource to medical justice.

I Read this enlightening post with rapt attention and admiration.

You raised very important concerns.

The cloud of Accountability must hover above all, especially from people saddled with the responsibilities of value provisions.

Reputation is a valuable asset and when cases of negligence and quackery is reported real-time, it’ll help in ensuring justice because of massive public outcry and condemnation.

This case is getting attention because of public outrage and interest and it’ll be difficult to just sweep it under.

Public outcry when amplified can effect a change!

1 Like

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Kdon2: 11:47am On Jan 09, 2022
PVision2020:
Nigerians are mostly emotional and less logical. Even when confonted with superior facts and arguments we always tend to follow the mob, thanks to the social media.

Over 7 pathologist from different tribes, interest and institutions gave a verdict but jungle justices/juror on social media aren't concern about scientific fact.
If it doesn't align with what we want to here then someone must have been paid.

As if that's how it works in Nigeria. In Nigeria there is no fact anywhere. The fact you have can be made to disappear. Did you ever hear of gandollar scandal. Or abacha loot that a whole sitting president kept denying it ever happened. Fact in Nigeria is subjective my brother. Don't be cocky about fact as far as Nigeria goes.

1 Like

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by KingofHearts(m): 11:59am On Jan 09, 2022
Financial resources to medical injustices” could this be crowdfunded? Same with criminal injustice as the richer man gets the best of the system over the weaker man. So many poor people have experienced so much criminal and medical injustice without the ability to fight for the truth to be revealed and executed.
Could we crowdfund?

quote author=othermen post=109208224]Scientific results can be very prone to manipulation, not only because they require human interpretations, but even more so, because they are based on it.

There are certain procedures and results that are not so much prone, where such inclination is addressed by existing standards, validity and reliability.

But it is not an evidence of naivety if you think that interpretations of such can be very skewed towards the intended purpose of the examiner or the researcher.

It is so as to reduce such skewed interpretations, that seven pathologists with perhaps different or two interests had to probe into his body.

Again, most scientific procedures defers to authority. The ones that didn't, are the remarkable findings, that goes through rigorous and frustrating peer reviews that may sometimes demand decades or 'half of' to become established by the scientific community.

The scientific community has their norms, values and even a collective conscience, that sometimes a deviant finds that the structures can overwhelm if you attempt to dissuade it or persuade its established findings.

Imagine for the purpose of relation or appreciation: that our leading scientists and even the greatest scientists of different ages have built their findings on a certain proposition or assumption, which an emerging scientist have now found as flawed, because of the threat such finding may have to their reputations and life-time work, there might be some hesitancy to the truth; some rigour that will or may truly overwhelm the emerging scientist to lose bearing may even be orchestrated.

Although I have used the word orchestrated, such orchestration that overwhelms, may not be the intent or may be the intent of the agitated.

The medical field have an interest in being perceived as dependable and well-grounded. Cases of false diagnosis, clinical errors, medical negligences are not so much in the interest and so not so much investigated, unless by a resourceful relative or friend to the dead or misdiagnosed... because the effect of such false diagnosis may in addition to death of the victim, lead to withdrawal of such health-care provider license and to the perception of the discipline...so there are often little questions allowed to be asked.

In tertiary hospitals even foremost in the country, you can make a call through to anyone who has lost someone there, they probably weren't even met with sympathy in the relation of their loss, the fellow may not even see anyone to interrogate, and though a report is issued, the reports are so worded that reading it in your state of internal disarray, gives little meaning to settling such disarray. If it gives meaning, it would be to the extent of their callous dismissal, which is intently defensive and strikingly intended to absorb from any suggestion of culpability. And so, many have died, who shouldn't have, but we may not know.

The system however, is not built and made in such a way, that we can probe adequately to understand not just how this is so but if this is so, but it is an hypothesis you can test. In probing, it is the same medical field that is accused that we defer to and the medical field aside its interest in being perceived as dependable and well-grounded, is also skewed by interpretations in relating its suggestion as to the causes of its finding.

Imagine for purpose of relation or appreciation: that I have worked with KPMM for a better part of my life, but my work has affected my health, in such that, my fixation on the computer screen and the lighting of my work station, have now damaged my eyesight.

''My doctor said this may be so. I relate to KPMM my condition and beseech its assistance in redeeming my eyesight which was damaged in its service. KPMM responds and knows such assistance would only lead to endless law suits by its former employees who may cite whatever current health predicament they have as a failure of KPMM to provide a safe work environment.

Aware of such tendency to weaponisation, KPMM does not decline my solicitation for help right away, they invite me to meet with their own doctors for an examination or confirmation. Their doctors, who are much more renowned than mine in the field then establish that my eye condition or predicament cannot be linked to KPMM, that although it is as a result of exposure to light or non exposure to adequate lightning, but the light from my computer screen in KPMM is standard and adequate and not hazardous to the eyes. Their examination report is worded with the support of KPMM lawyers.

Now, it is the aspiration of any doctor to work with the KPMM medical consultants and he defers to them in the end. The consultants are the foremost in the country, they have among their directors, the leading professors in optometry and ophthalmology. No bank will give a loan that would help afford a medical report, so superior. The government hospitals do not even have the facilities for such examination. ''

Such relation above is the reality of many and may be the reality of Oromoni, science would not come to their aid unless afforded. Financial resources would; such financial resource has perhaps aided the college, but if the family spend more, the result can also be skewed to their intent.

It all underscores the necessity of financial resource to medical justice. [/quote]
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by KingofHearts(m): 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
Only if the outcry is sustained enough to ensure the powers in charge given to the pressure. Nigerians forget things too easily,after a while they will move to next matter or only come back to it when it happens again.We have short memories about our pain and suffering!

quote author=Phoenixflap post=109212669]

The cloud of Accountability must hover above all, especially from people saddled with the responsibilities of value provisions.

Reputation is a valuable asset and when cases of negligence and quackery is reported real-time, it’ll help in ensuring justice because of massive public outcry and condemnation.

This case is getting attention because of public outrage and interest and it’ll be difficult to just sweep it under.

Public outcry when amplified can effect a change![/quote]
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by mormoney85(m): 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2022
yanabasee:
Seems to me like she was sniffing cokes....

Sylvester deserves better....

The parents of the murderers must have had people in higher places and in the police force, and they're doing everything possible to cover this case underneath.....

As far as the NPF have released a statement... Never believe them... they go with the highest bidder...
did u c those boys parents celebrate their children's acquaintance no because they know they truth and they know what they did
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Phoenixflap: 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2022
KingofHearts:
Only if the outcry is sustained enough to ensure the powers in charge given to the pressure. Nigerians forget things too easily,after a while they will move to next matter or only come back to it when it happens again.We have short memories about our pain and suffering!

quote author=Phoenixflap post=109212669]

Public outcry when amplified can effect a change!

You are right about Nigerians moving on too quickly, but the solution I am proposing is a “sustained outcry” that’ll be detrimental to the elites reputation.

1 Like

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by KingDamzzy(m): 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2022
Nigerians like to choose emotions over logic. Some of the best pathologists have examined the case and have all seperately agreed on one outcome; the boy died of natural causes.

It's very unfortunate and sad but it is what it is. Only the autopsy result can stand in the court of law and it doesn't show any foul play.

I wish the family of Sylvester the fortitude to recover from the loss but they need to move on now and stop pushing conspiracy theories.

1 Like

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Annie001: 12:39pm On Jan 09, 2022
uncleck:
The best solution to this case rn is: compensate the family and close the case

You are a big fool
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Germi9: 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2022
yanabasee:
Seems to me like she was sniffing cokes....

Sylvester deserves better....

The parents of the murderers must have had people in higher places and in the police force, and they're doing everything possible to cover this case underneath.....

As far as the NPF have released a statement... Never believe them... they go with the highest bidder...
I was about to think same way until i read that the autopsy report from warri tallied with the other from lagos thereby concluding that the lad died a natural death
Which means the family conducted their own which agreed with that of the government anyhow sha we all know that shit happens in naija
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Walz001: 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2022
Make them carry the matter enter another level and leave the government out of it ... for a faster better and result oriented
Oborowey no get issue na to consult am
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by uncleck: 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2022
Annie001:

You are a big fool
Thank you
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Prenonjebose: 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2022
othermen:
Scientific results can be very prone to manipulation, not only because they require human interpretations, but even more so, because they are based on it.

It all underscores the necessity of financial resource to medical justice.
Very interesting read, and mostly true. Self preservation, status quo ante, and elitism has primarily driven much of what happens in the society.
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by richie240: 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2022
Dhur!
Are u surprised? Did they not stick to a 'lekki masaka' lies even without any evidence to back such?
PVision2020:
Nigerians are mostly emotional and less logical. Even when confonted with superior facts and arguments we always tend to follow the mob, thanks to the social media.

Over 7 pathologist from different tribes, interest and institutions gave a verdict but jungle justices/juror on social media aren't concern about scientific fact.
If it doesn't align with what we want to here then someone must have been paid.

You forgot to add that one of d pathologists was a representative of d attention-seeking dramatic family.
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by richie240: 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2022
O'boi, since DT family threw a 'posthumous' birthday few days after his purported 'murder' was when I know dt d family is weird!

They are just attention-seekers at best!

OMEGA009:

I’m so tired of this BS. The family had their own TRUSTED pathologist at the autopsy and yet, they’re still crying foul on social media, looking for sympathy. The autopsy was done TWICE!!! In Lagos and in Warri, with the same result but the family are still stoking the embers of lies and hate on social media. Have you seen any other NGO take up the matter since then? The facts speaks for itself. See the high caliber of pathologists present at the autopsy. Even their own representative is high caliber but nooo, they’re still crying foul. Probably trying to hide their own incompetence and insensitivity. Why did they not withdraw the boy when he complained about the bullying and said he didn’t want to go back to the school? Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by tobianodino(m): 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2022
She dey talk about a case still in court for social media ����

Own-goal
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by g4everybody(m): 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2022
Ijaya123:
The government should mention the natural causes that resulted in the death of that boy.

After all, natural causes can be identified.

It seems u lack comprehensive or didn't read d article. This is what u get when u zero ur mind about fact and want to hear what u like.

The emotional sentiment here is beginning to stale
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Ijaya123: 3:07am On Jan 10, 2022
g4everybody:

It seems u lack comprehensive or didn't read d article. This is what u get when u zero ur mind about fact and want to hear what u like.

The emotional sentiment here is beginning to stale

You with better comprehension, can you please state the natural causes in case I missed it

That’s not so hard to do I guess.
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by g4everybody(m): 4:13am On Jan 10, 2022
Ijaya123:

You with better comprehension, can you please state the natural causes in case I missed it

That’s not so hard to do I guess.

The cause of death was clearly stated in both autopsy report, but ur illiterate mind can't comprehend as stated above.
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Ijaya123: 8:29am On Jan 10, 2022
g4everybody:

The cause of death was clearly stated in both autopsy report, but ur illiterate mind can't comprehend as stated above.

Please point it out to me
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by Xisnin(m): 2:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
tutudesz:

Recant which statement
He initially claimed his son told him the names.
Another story claimed his son told his uncle the names.
But when questioned directly by the police he said the son told a family friend the names and not him.
Till now, nobody knows the identity of the family friend.

I think Nigerians should demand for a full release of the police report.
Re: Anabelle Oromoni, Sylvester's Sister Reacts To Autopsy Results by tutudesz: 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
Xisnin:

He initially claimed his son told him the names.
Another story claimed his son told his uncle the names.
But when questioned directly by the police he said the son told a family friend the names and not him.
Till now, nobody knows the identity of the family friend.

I think Nigerians should demand for a full release of the police report.
The police should carry out a full investigation, regards of the autopsy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aptech Computer Education, Uyo: The Unheard Afflictions Of Staff And Student / Weather Signs & Symbols Meaning (pix) / Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.