Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Bathing Every Day Not The Best? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bathing Every Day Not The Best? (19388 Views)

Houseboy Injures Spinal Cord Peeping At Madam Bathing / She Drank Carrot Juice Every Day For 8 Months: You Won’t Believe What Happened / Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by oasis: 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2006
@Rolly

Read through everything that has been said so far, instead of rehashing the same old statements of unconditional daily baths.

If you disagree with points that have been raised, then tell us why you feel that way.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Rolly: 8:18pm On Feb 17, 2006
i just read the first few posts and i decided to reply i just read the rest but anyway sha, thats my opinion and i've dropped it and i'm not disagreeing with anybody. the poster of the topic asked a question and i've answered in the best way i can and thats it. ok?
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Eastcoast(f): 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2006
@seun, because a teacher is in the US doesn't necessarily mean he/she really knows what they are talking about.

i used to have this chemistry teacher that , i can't even describe. she did not even know anything. God forgive me for saying so. But really she was dull. We always had party's in class, no homework. The only homework i remember her giving us was making flash cards.it was so funny.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by kimba(m): 8:54pm On Feb 17, 2006
who said so, hygiene is best, i think they say that cleaniliness is Next to Godliness
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by oasis: 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2006
i just read the first few posts and i decided to reply i just read the rest but anyway sha, thats my opinion and i've dropped it and i'm not disagreeing with anybody. the poster of the topic asked a question and i've answered in the best way i can and thats it. ok?

OK. But if you're going to take part in a discussion, don't you think it makes sense to read all that has already been said, so you don't appear like a slowpoke who's repeating a point that has already been disproved?
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by uniben82(f): 10:31pm On Feb 17, 2006
Don't believe everything you hear, especially when it generalizes an entire race for a behavior that's specific to some.  The notorious "419" scam may have originated from Nigeria (according to what I've heard and read).  But that doesn't mean that every Nigerian is a scam artist.  By the way Rolly, it a good thing that you're able to "baf everyday, twice sef and i will wash down there as much and as often as i like." Because the tropical nature of the Nigerian weather (excessive heat & humidity) can be unkind to any female who chooses not to get cleaned up daily wink abi? Alright, I'm done with this topic. You all have a wonderful evening.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by 2cantango(f): 5:13am On Feb 18, 2006
I have heard different things concerning bathing, Some say twice a week, some say once a week, some say don't use soap at all and just use water to wash yourself
I'm white, and I wash every day, (two or three times each day during Summer) smiley
My son has to wash twice each day, regardless of the weather. My daughter washes several times each day, not because she has to, but just because she loves water. My daughter actually has eczema and has found that normal soaps are too harsh for her skin, so she washes her body with sorbeline, which does wonders for her skin. So really, my view is that washing daily should be natural for personal comfort, regardless of skin colour or condition.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by oasis: 5:47am On Feb 18, 2006
So really, my view is that washing daily should be natural for personal comfort, regardless of skin colour or condition.

If it's good for my family and myself, it must be good for the whole world. Wow!
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by 2cantango(f): 7:02am On Feb 18, 2006
oasis:

If it's good for my family and myself, it must be good for the whole world. Wow!

When in public I know I'm not abusing the nasal passages of those around me grin
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Maxflame(m): 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2006
I've heard thesame thing too. Read this people.
http://www.webhealthcentre.com/general/ph_rout.asp
And for those of you that have Eczema
http://www.allergy-clinic.co.uk/infantile_eczema.htm
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by oasis: 5:37pm On Feb 18, 2006
When in public I know I'm not abusing the nasal passages of those around me

Oh, I didn't realise you take your daily bath because you have body odor. In that case, you do have a good reason for daily baths. However, some people are not involved in strenous activities that lead to sweating.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Maxflame(m): 5:46pm On Feb 18, 2006
Yeah i agree. I don't.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by otokx(m): 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2006
i think its because the water rates are high that is why they don't have their baths everyday. Infact I hear that ONYINBO no dey wash im plate well well; dem go just carry tissue paper wipe am first them come sprinke water take rinse am. No be dem bring baptism by sprinkling. Make dem enter bush JO,
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Maxflame(m): 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2006
You sure?
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by oasis: 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2006
Infact I hear that ONYINBO no dey wash im plate well well; them go just carry tissue paper wipe am first them come sprinke water take rinse am. No be them bring baptism by sprinkling. Make them enter bush JO,

That is hilarious.

But no, handwashing of plates is your thing. Most homes now come with the following equipments standard: washing machine, dishwasher, and some come with a swimming pool/jacuzzi. Each of these require the same amount of water each time to operate?
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by AngelMary(f): 9:44pm On Feb 18, 2006
Hey people,

Pls don't judge all the "oyinbos" as a group of filthy creatures who dread the thought of getting cleansed. This teacher voiced a personal opinion of hers. Now she doesn't believe in a bath or not is her problem.
I take proper bath(including head bath) every single day for the past 24 years. Even when I was down with severe chicken pox, I used to sponge my body with lukewarm water, disinfectant and eau de cologne. And I can vouch for the fact that all the people I know (i.e my husband, my family, my husband's family, our friends, relatives , neighbours etc) does the same.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Eastcoast(f): 1:32am On Feb 19, 2006
This thread is really funny. it amazes me when we sometimes think of ourselves as far superior than oyinbo pple. Action speaks louder than words. how come they are then more developed than us. if u are more superior, it has to be shown in everything. B4 una descend on me, get it straight, i'm not saying they are superior or anything like that but it is just my opinion based on what some of y'all have posted.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by oasis: 2:20am On Feb 19, 2006
@Eastcoast

I quite agree with you.  Blacks in general live their lives on suppositions, dreams, and prayers to God.  The oyibos on the other hand carefully and painstakingly explore their way to a proof.

What we're seeing here goes beyond mere chit-chat.  It is a testimony to why our nation lags behind via our ingrained habits of sitting on the fence.  The very same people we're chatting with here are probably going to ascend to leadership positions one day.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Maxflame(m): 10:08am On Feb 19, 2006
oasis:

@Eastcoast

I quite agree with you. Blacks in general live their lives on suppositions, dreams, and prayers to God. The oyibos on the other hand carefully and painstakingly explore their way to a proof.

What we're seeing here goes beyond mere chit-chat. It is a testimony to why our nation lags behind via our ingrained habits of sitting on the fence. The very same people we're chatting with here are probably going to ascend to leadership positions one day.

I will buy you booz anytime. cheesy Blacks in general i think are still being affected by the slavery thing coz all they want to do is "hammer fast" and "oppress the next man" Bloody showoffs! theres more to life than that.Get the f**k over it!
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Eastcoast(f): 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2006
@maxflame, many blacks are still affected by slavery. I go to a church with a black pastor, he told us abut one of his kids with blue eyes. he was like it hurts him to see his son with blue eyes becoz he got it from one of the slave masters that must have raped his ancestors. It coould be hard to forget slavery.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Maxflame(m): 6:11am On Feb 20, 2006
If i had blue eyes i would be glad. Its in the past and if blacks keep sulking they won't go nowhere.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by sweetpea(f): 11:47am On Feb 20, 2006

Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best?
« #8 on: February 16, 2006, 12:43 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
no offence to white folks but they can be pretty dissgusting sometimes wetin taking your bath 2

Someone help me,lol,almost breaking my teeth with laughter. grin
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by sweetpea(f): 11:52am On Feb 20, 2006
What if adviced to bath ones a day?I think that would still be ok that saying twice a week,person go dey oouuzz now? grin
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:59am On Feb 20, 2006
@hot-angel
nutrient d or nutrient c
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
ask again
nutrient d or nutrient c
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Ama(f): 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2006
I live in London and yes it is cold over here too but I have a scrub and a rinse everyday and I slap on the moisturizer. I also floss, shave (all the necessary bits of my body if know what i mean), wash my hands regularly and make sure I have clean nails and so on . I can understand why somebody might say that baths (ie immersing yourself in the bath too many times may not be good). I am a woman and I say this without apologizing that I strongly believe that every woman should have a full body scrub and a rinse DAILY!! Call it whatever you want to call it but you have to do it FULL STOP. There is no alternative! undecided

Please don't quote this if you haven't had a BATH today. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Bishop(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2006
Haba guys ,why una dey crucify the poor onyinbo teacher the man said with the believe that you guys at least as a nesse-city have a swimming pool in your posh apartment and for some of you who have had the priveledge of seeing a flowing stream :just jump in to it and all your under and its dirt would flow with it while keeping your vitmain E,D,F,C etc intact.

If you live in lagos you can make use of the nearest canal,this time of raining season there would be adequate flowing wtare to do the job.

Its simple biology,keep me posted and save us from the trouble of the aftermath of porous odour that might eminate from down under due to improper bathing
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by tejuoso1(f): 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2006
i heared that one woman did not bath for 80 days to save a someone's life. i'm not sure about the reson but it sounds like the woman prayed for 80days without bathing for the person, and the person did survive. i wonder what all the monthly and daily jebejebe had done. ewwww
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by tejuoso1(f): 5:00pm On Feb 23, 2006
oops, sorry for that ibon on top
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Eastcoast(f): 12:59am On Feb 24, 2006
@teju oso, your username reminds me of one market that i used to go to at yaba called tejuosho market.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by tejuoso1(f): 11:17am On Feb 24, 2006
smileyha ha, i don't even know what to say.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 25, 2006
grin grin
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Fimmy(m): 10:39am On Feb 26, 2006
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad i ve read alot of scripts about this what she said it true.
there are lot of nutirents which get washed away during bath,this is not limited to whites alone cos i think we are all human being.
n u guys there to be sure of something before u jump into conclusion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! / First Case Of Lassa Fever Confirmed In Lagos / Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.