Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Bathing Every Day Not The Best? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bathing Every Day Not The Best? (19387 Views)

Houseboy Injures Spinal Cord Peeping At Madam Bathing / She Drank Carrot Juice Every Day For 8 Months: You Won’t Believe What Happened / Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Seun(m): 6:01am On Apr 09, 2006
They claimed that white people bath only once a week, which is apparently false.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:05am On Apr 09, 2006
damn shocked shocked shocked, that is way false and yah i could c how a white person would be offended
sorry o they no know ooo, they must have read it in a Shakespeare book about the rennaisance period or something
I will apologize on the behafe, and welcome to[b] Nairaland [/b] Lexanne
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Lexanne: 4:46am On Apr 10, 2006
Thank you Seun for clearing that up. Yes it is a false assumption and I felt that being a white woman I simply must defend myself. I wish that I knew where the ones making their false claims got their information. But, As I said before, it is easier to say something negative when that`s what you really want to say perhaps out of hatred for another race. I hate no one and I judge no one. My bath is daily and I would be disgusted if those I associated with weren`t clean. Thank you Josboy for that warm welcome to the forum cool
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Nia: 5:32am On Apr 10, 2006
The generalizations on this thread is just terrible.
While I don't agree with bathing just twice a week, there's some truth in what the teacher is saying. For women, overwashing privates increases the chance of getting an infection because it kills normal flora whose function is to help fight infection. We need not easily dismiss everything we hear. I suggest people at least talk to a doctor or nurse for better clarification.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Zahymaka(m): 4:42am On Apr 11, 2006
Who's read Arms and the Man -- by Bernard Shaw? You should see something about what people believed then.
I think it's as ridiculous as saying we should brush after breakfast -- imagine me eating with my horrible tasting mouth. Ughhh.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Free(f): 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2006
yea i dont know how some people eat then go brush their teeth
i just cant do that,
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Maxflame(m): 12:45am On Apr 13, 2006
Will you bloody subtards bloody stop being lazy and have your baths twice a fucking day! 4 pages on such a topic? angry Yeah i typed out Bleep you have a FUCKING problem with that? angry
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:12am On Apr 13, 2006
You dont even know what the discussion is exactlyd about, and here you are you making assumptions
why not read the four pages first, before making such allegations wawa!!!
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Maxflame(m): 2:45am On Apr 13, 2006
Why don't you read the four pages yourself and find out i've posted here far earlier that you and if the topic has changed then a forum rule which states we should keep all posts on topic has been broken and the bum of a mod isn't doing S H I T about it. angry
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by funmi2(f): 5:11pm On May 05, 2006
hmmn. smiley DR NIA. lol grin
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by eveseh(f): 8:25pm On May 05, 2006
i bath every blessing day,
what's wrong with that anyway?
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by eveseh(f): 8:26pm On May 05, 2006
i bath every blessing day,
what's wrong with that anyway?
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by superman(m): 9:20pm On May 15, 2006
does this explain why wite ppl get wringled up like ha jagulover at their early age
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Bisanke(f): 9:21pm On May 15, 2006
lol smiley
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2006
ONE THING I BELIEVE IS THIS

TAKING OUR BATHS EVERYDAY DEPENDS ON OUR SKIN TYPES

THOSE WITH VERY OILY SKINS ARE ADVISED BY DERMATOLOGISTS TO TAKE THEIR BATHS AT LEAST TWICE A DAY, THIS IS DONE TO REDUCE THOSE BREAKOUTS CALLED PIMPLES.

I HAVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT TAKING OUR BATHS ONLY TWICE A WEEK. THATS ABSURD. AND UNTIL THAT SCIENTIST TEACHER PROVES TO ME ADVANTAGE OF TAKING MY BATH TWICE IN A WEEK, I WILL STICK TO MY BATHING TWICE OR THRICE A DAY SEF.

HOPE THAT TEACHER KNOWS THAT OUR SKIN BREATHES THROUGH THE PORES, AND IF WE TAKE OUR BATH ONLY TWICE A WEEK, DONT U THINK THAT DIRT WILL JUST BLOCK THOSE PORES WHICH MAY CAUSE SOME HAZARDS FOR US?

AS FOR WASHING DOWN BELOW, HMMMM, I FEEL U SHOULD WASH IT EVERYTIME U USE THE LADIES O. IT IS SELF CLEANSING AS THEY SAY, BUT I CANT DO WITHOUT WASHING IT ALWAYS THOUGH NOT WITH SOAP ALWAYS SHA, because AS I WAS THOT IN SCHOOL, THERE ARE SOME FRIENDLY BACTERIA THERE WHICH HELPS TO FIGHT THOSE BAD ONES THAT CAUSE CANDIDA AND CO

WHAT IF ITS THE WEEK U DECIDE TO WASH IT ONLY TWICE AND "HE" DECIDES TO GO DOWN BELOW WITH HIS MOUTH ONLY TO PERCIEVE THE SMELL OF ROTTEN FISH OOZING FROM DOWN BELOW. EMBARRASING!!!! DONT U THINK?

BABES, ABEG CLEANLINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by molluma(f): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2006
well the teacher should spend a typical day in lag or maiduguri and see if she ,and the teacher has to be a she wont bath twice a day.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by kellorah: 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2006
lol.
wel, it depends on da weather and if u got BO then OBVIOUSLY u need a wash,say 3 times a day!
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by shango(m): 4:44am On Jul 24, 2006
Blacks say daily bath is a must, no matter what. Blacks have no real reason for this position.
Whites say twice a week will suffice. Whites probably have done extensive research on the effects on the skin.
Scientists say eczematous skin gets worse with frequent baths. Do you agree or disagree?

whites have said many things. doesnt mean it is true idiot. They did extensive research and supported facts in the past such as africans weren't humans after "extensive" research in anthroplogy and physiology. Whites aren't the be all and end all of knowledge my friend.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Oracle(m): 4:56am On Aug 26, 2006
When the teachers tell you, about not bathing regularly
do you ask them how many they take their bath?
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by naijacutee(f): 10:21am On Aug 28, 2006
If you lived in Norway, I would say ok, as you wont sweat as much but if your in Nigeria then youll stink of BO
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by naijacutee(f): 10:35am On Aug 28, 2006
But some white people bath once a week! Its not false!!!

Here In Oslo, during the summer people bath (close to)daily but during the winter most people bath once or twice a week or even less. I know this is true, because I was talking to a friend yesterday and she being black was complaining that her class was going on a school trip to the North of Norway to pick flowers, and theyll be there for 3 days without any showers. She was upset that she was the only one bothered by this and not the rest of her class as they didnt find it strange. And this is autumn, its not even winter yet.

The truth is that it is only now that norwegians are beginning to put bathrooms in their homes. You can read the statistics here :http://www.ssb.no/norge_en/bolig_en/main.html And I believe this goes for most other countries close to the poles hence which are colder that us nearer the equator. Just the same as most countries closer to the equator would have people taking more showers! Its simple logic.

Hence most white people do not have daily showers.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by spoilt(f): 4:44am On May 22, 2007
not bathing at least once a day wont work well for most guys. the funk that emits from their underarm is enought to suffocate an elephant! shocked shocked
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by English1(f): 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2007
I wonder if 'bathing' means different things to different people. You can wash without 'bathing'.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by iykstein(m): 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2007
how can u wash without bathing, if the difference is the use of soap, then, not using soap is like pouring water on dry mud, QED
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by iykstein(m): 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2007
mind u, spoilt, it's not just the guys, check out the stench from the ladies, even when they bath twice a day,
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by soulpatrol(f): 2:46am On Jun 05, 2007
there seems to be confusion as regards to what bathing is. i hope you know that what we nigerians term as bathing is completely different from what north americans call it. when a naija person says i'm taking a bath, they mean essentially that they are taking a shower/ (and for those without direct water supply from the tap, using bucket and water to pour water on the body. he he he. u know now) tongue .
however, what a north american means by bathing is when they soak in a tub for while, as in when they run water into the bathtub, with bubbles and all and soak in it for hours. its completely different than taking a shower, which just takes couple minutes.
so pls, folks, note the difference and dont get bathing and taking a shower confused. cool
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by English1(f): 9:17am On Jun 05, 2007
Yep, in Europe 'bathing' would mean sitting in a big bathful of water and washing. Showering is standing under a shower. Anything else we don't call bathing. So if you filled up a sink with water and soap and stood there naked and washed yourself thoroughly all over, that's not called bathing, it's called washing. That's how we wash without bathing cheesy. That's what I meant by 'bathing' meaning different things to different people.

so, in Europe, just because someone doesn't 'bathe' everyday it doesn't mean they haven't cleaned themselves thoroughly. I think this is probably where some of the confusion has come in. We just use different words to describe the same things. Not everyone does 'bathe' every day - but I don't know anyone who doesn't wash at least once a day.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by soulpatrol(f): 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2007
thanks, English for further clarifying. i know a lot of americans/europeans dont "bathe" daily per se, but it doesnt mean they dont clean themselves up somehow, be it using a washcloth to clean the face, armpits etc. however, i still think not taking a shower daily is gross.  i've lived with all kinds of americans over the years, and sometimes i feel like i'm the only one that ever uses the shower stall! na so so wash clothe boku for inside bathroom.  grin ughh! i can't do without taking a shower everyday, and i think it is an offense to the general public to be smelling.
to make matters worse, most workplaces/public establishments etc ask people not to wear perfume because of the new scent free environment rubbish! i'm like WTF? so now its ok for some dirty pig to be walking around whoozing up the whole place because they shouldnt wear perfume. ha! that one get as e be o. cool
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by English1(f): 7:24am On Jun 06, 2007
Funnily enough I read an article in the newspaper yesterday saying that parents shouldn't bathe their babies more than three times a week as it is drying to their skin. They should wash the babies on the other days.

Just shows the difference between bathing and washing.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by Aduks(f): 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2007
I can't doubt this 'cos i've heard it times without number too, but it is never going to work in a country like ours.The only antidote i have for heat is to shower, how on heart can one stay without bathing for three days in a country where power supply is so poor, it can't work!
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by soulpatrol(f): 11:43pm On Jun 08, 2007
the heat in naija is enough to force you to take a shower, even if you have to go to a konga (well), armed with a water drawer to fetch water. hmm. did a lot of that back in my uni days. living in those wretched female hostels with no running water no easy o. sometimes you could pay those small small girls/boys to help you fetch water outside the compund when the well is dry, and sometimes ya just had to go fetch it yourself. so uncool, especially when you trying to form in the midst of some fine guys and they see you passing by with a bucket of water. buhahahah!  grin grin memories.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by soulpatrol(f): 11:45pm On Jun 08, 2007
a fine chick fetching water by herself aint good for her rep. the rep levels can go waaay down. but then, i just dust myself and fetch my thing. na spit i go take shower before? shoot, i no send o! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS! / First Case Of Lassa Fever Confirmed In Lagos / Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.