Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Bathing Every Day Not The Best? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bathing Every Day Not The Best? (19353 Views)

Houseboy Injures Spinal Cord Peeping At Madam Bathing / She Drank Carrot Juice Every Day For 8 Months: You Won’t Believe What Happened / Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by cuju: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2007
I dont believe your teacher's theory. It's absurd shocked
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by cuju: 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2007
What nutrients will be washed off?
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by cuju: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2007
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by styrax(m): 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2007
PLEASE NOTE

bath and shower

the two connote different things to different people
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 6:27am On Dec 12, 2007
Styrax

Well yea bath and shower are two different things, even though most people does not know that

A bath is when you sit in a pool or tub of water and a shower is when you allow water to fall from above or in front and wash away.

@topic

That is the most disgusting thing have ever heard, to take a bath or shower 2times a week, ewwwwwwwww i can't imagine her your instructor under smells, maybe like rotten egg mixed with onions and some spoilt tomatoes embarassed :- embarassed embarassed
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by ifyalways(f): 6:37am On Dec 13, 2007
@ poster why not skip taking your bath for 2 days and see how it goes first wink

after that then i can comment,for now am undecided
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by TOYOSI20(f): 2:41am On Oct 28, 2008
:-x
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by chiogo(f): 4:41am On Mar 23, 2010
LMFAO!! Nutrients indeed.

I thought this ideology pertains to washing of rice before cooking.

Nutrients down there?? I don die!! cry cry cheesy
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by agathamari(f): 4:07pm On Mar 23, 2010
for the idiots who said white people dont bathe (wash/shower) everyday - you obviously dont have any clue what your talking about

@poster are you sure your teacher said to bathe twice a week or wash your hair twice a week? washing your hair everyday is bad because it strips the hair or its natural moisture, but bathing doesnt matter if it is one a day or once an hour makes no differnce.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by xxcarolxx(f): 9:44pm On Mar 23, 2010
cant believe this thread is from 06, im obyino & i do shower daily, the thoughts of not washing is stomach churning.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by mamagee3(f): 1:56am On Mar 29, 2011
cuju:

I dont believe your teacher's theory. It's absurd shocked
Right on point with nothing added nor subtracted from it!
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by chi21: 10:56am On Mar 29, 2011
I love this topic thanks for bring this topic up. I move to Anthother country and  my landlord is from Asia the don't bath every day like 4 time a month not only that the don't brush there mouth in the morning only at night the do. The man is a teacher at UBC school. He teach his student on how to become  an MD. The also said when you stay out in the cold for example in winter you want out in the cold and come back you should not take any bath that you will get sick from taking the bath.
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by kandiikane(m): 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2011
I Read a report on this issue too. But I was not surprised White people came up with it,

You need to shower everyday to remove dead skin cells and to not shower down there? I doubt they say do not wash it but not to over wash it because it can mess up your pH balance,

Abeg na dis kind dutty dem bin don tell me but westernised people dem wa bin small n now den don confirmed me suspicion,

I am not a Racist grin
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by MaiSuya(m): 12:00am On Apr 05, 2011
funny thread. abeg make una dey baff o! grin
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by aribisala0(m): 1:28am On Apr 05, 2011
you can get away with that in cold countries.in naija once daily is usually not enough. apart from hygiene reasons i think for us africans it has some ritualistic significance on a subconscious level.
but if i may ask what is health lecture never heard of that. what are you studying exactly.
as far as the nutrient thing goes that is poppycock.
there may be other specious reasons for not bathing daily but i never heard of anyone going to hospital for over bathing unless maybe some mental problem like OCD.
and please for goodness sake make sure you wash nkiru wink every day
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by InkedNerd(f): 7:24am On Apr 05, 2011
@OP: I've heard the same as well. I remember reading two separate articles about a guy named Sean Bonner who went an entire year without taking a bath. One article was from a website called New Naturalista. Another was from either MSN.com or Yahoo.com. Here's some links to the sites >>> http://newnaturalista.com/2011/inspiration/no-soap-or-shampoo-for-a-year/ & http://www.boingboing.net/2011/01/04/i-havent-used-soap-i.html
Re: Bathing Every Day Not The Best? by ayorinde217(m): 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2018
I agree with him, I think he substantiated his claim about it. taking a shower everyday and bathing twice per week is enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Growing Healthy And Getting Healing Naturally via these Resources / Blood Is Coming Out Of My Nose Instead Of Mucus / NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT FIBROIDS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.