Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Men should take control of their marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men should take control of their marriage (579 Views)

Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? / 7 Ways Nigerian Couples Can Make Their Marriage Work Again / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men should take control of their marriage by DenreleDave(m): 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2022
This is not them say, it is what I have heard and watch live.... I have seen pictures, I have seen videos, I have seen ladies say it too...

Some unfortunate people are spreading it, they believe that Girlfriends/House Wives should cause their boyfriends/Husbands some troubles so as to make their relationship healthy and interesting as a way of killing boredom. For God sake, only a crazy and insane man will want trouble in his marriage...

Why am I concerned? I am concerned for the married fellows...
It is so bad that even married women are following the trend of single ladies. Most married women are frustrating their husband in marriage now bcox some of them see it as a way of following the latest trend... They forget that; nollywood is just an act, motigbetional speaker are not even doing what they advise others to do. They inculcate whatever they watch on nollywood or see on social media in their marriages.

Married ones, be warned... Causing trouble is not a way of showing ur husband love, it is not making ur marriage boredomless... You are simply making him regret marrying you in the first place...

Any man that likes trouble in his marriage is insane.. So the moment your husband sees your troubles as a way of showing love, know that you both are insane..

Men wants a woman who can give them PEACE.... We want PEACE...

Ladies should stop frustrating us, don't make us regret marrying you....

Notable mentions: oladidd

1 Like

Re: Men should take control of their marriage by DenreleDave(m): 3:15pm On Jan 09, 2022
moralistic:
I regret bin married

ithink7:

Please why are you women like this. I’m dealing with a similar situation, only for the girl to tell me “if I’m not giving you hot hot who else will “
Men basically want peace of mind.

Lessons123:
We are in the same shoes that makes two of us. I have realized that every Marraige has its own issues. But we all have to manage. My wife was also the most peaceful woman in courtship till after some years in marriage and if I had seen these attitudes I would have not made this mistake. @oladiddy just tolerate the best you can and as advised try and get another self contained apartment close to your home to work leave in the morning and return back home after work from the apartment note you must do everything not to allow her make you loose your job.

oladiddy:
My wife and I have been married for over 3 years now with a beautiful daughter who is 2years plus but things are falling apart everyday.

Whenever we had arguments she will want to sabotage my job. Couple of months ago, we had an argument and I was to give update to my team via teams meeting (I work from home)..My wife keep raising her voice, I left the living room and went to bedroom lock the door behind to continue with my meeting but surprisingly to me, my wife went through the window and started the drama again.

Just yesterday there was another drama and she picked my phone unknowingly and call my overall boss.

Note: it is from this job am sponsoring her Masters in one of the centers in Uniport and also feeding the family. More than 70% of my monthly earnings goes to her. I am not a social person..I don't drink and either spend lavishly.

My wife is a very proud person and she has this obvious non challant attitude which are all seen by family members. Everybody keep talking about her but she's not changing. Although I have my own differences as well but she believe I can't control her. She's not submissive at all...I can say that over again and again.

Even while she's doing her masters, I was the one taking care of my daughter at home (thanks to covid)..in fact all my team members knows my daughter as my second colleague. I believe we all know how working from home with kids is like.

Please I need your advice. I am already thinking of divorce but the fear of loosing my daughter to her custody is my biggest challenge.

I am loosing my mind.

Please push to FP!
Re: Men should take control of their marriage by DenreleDave(m): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2022
Guyman02:
I went through a similar situation and lost my job, she then came to her senses after we passed through some difficult times and she realised that nobody cared about us.
Go and stay somewhere else and do your job diligently, your daughter will be fine with her, just send them upkeep money.
If only you know what I went through been out of job for several months because of interference from my wife you won't be tolerating the nonsense going on in your home
Re: Men should take control of their marriage by DropsMic(m): 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2022
Will they listen..
Re: Men should take control of their marriage by Kriss216: 3:28pm On Jan 09, 2022
I'm not yet married, but I'm 100% certain once I get married, if my wife want Peace, I'll give her Heaven. But, if she choose trouble, I'll give her War!

I don't have this believe of pleasing a woman just to maintain a happy home. I believe in fighting fire with fire.

1 Like

Re: Men should take control of their marriage by 99thEnemy(m): 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2022
Kriss216:
I'm not yet married, but I'm 100% certain once I get married, if my wife want Peace, I'll give her Heaven. But, if she choose trouble, I'll give her War!

I don't have this believe of pleasing a woman just to maintain a happy home. I believe in fighting fire with fire.
Which nationality will she be? grin
Re: Men should take control of their marriage by Kriss216: 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2022
99thEnemy:
Candidlady got answer to that question

1 Like

Re: Men should take control of their marriage by Candidlady: 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2022
Kriss216:

And y'all will both burn...

99thEnemy:

What kinda absurd question is this...? undecided
Re: Men should take control of their marriage by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2022
A lady friend of mine once said that if she doesn't give her husband "small trouble", the marriage will be boring...

I didn't know how else to convince her that men value peace of mind above all else, cause from her stance her mind was already made up...

So I just smiled and told her to do whatever works for her undecided...

As for me....
I've promised myself that I'll reciprocate every vibe my wife gives me, if she gives me peace, I'll give her peace, if she trys to spice the marriage up with "small trouble", I'll use more spice in brewing a much bigger wahala undecided....
Re: Men should take control of their marriage by yuping(m): 10:57pm On Jan 09, 2022
undecided
Re: Men should take control of their marriage by 99thEnemy(m): 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2022
Candidlady:

What kinda absurd question is this...? undecided
I'm sorry, I forgot you are Nigerian grin

Kriss216:
Congratulations Kriss grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Wife Built House And The Husband Rents It For The Family Unknowingly / Am Just Tired Of Life / House Hunting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.