Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging (72043 Views)

I Have Finally Gotten The Crucifix I Was Looking For (PICS) / Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos / Masquerade Pictured Holding A Bible And Crucifix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Mfangatak: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2022
Did Jesus appear to anyone saying the picture is mockery, provocative or sickening? If yes, did He anyone to fight for him?

1 Like

Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Lordedifice1: 7:43am On Jan 10, 2022
Jesus is not on the cross
That's not Jesus
It's just a picture
The real Jesus is in your heart

1 Like

Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by lebron7(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

By condemning a blasphemous act by a Muslim who treats the crucifix with disdain? You expect the Christians to clap for her? I was thinking maybe you Muslims will punish her for blasphemy, this is the only way to run a sane and healthy community but you support her. If Christians retaliate by playing the code of Muhammad as a rapist and homosexual, you people will start killing them. Why not punish this particular woman to avoid all these drama.
I doubt if you know how to read
What do you mean by "you Muslims". I clearly stated above that I am not religious in any form or fashion
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by bibbiana(f): 8:13am On Jan 10, 2022
It's only Christians who cherish images that will be pained. Those things are not my God.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Henadih(m): 8:41am On Jan 10, 2022
If it is true that she is a Muslim then we need to sat if it were to a christian that hold the Picture of Muhammed and do this some person in the North and other parts would have gone up in violence shouting on top of their voice, causing violence everywhere. They would not call their own to order. You don't respect other people's religion and believes but you want them to respect yours. No one has the monopoly of violence that I know.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Tochj(m): 8:48am On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, the respect you demand here isn't for God or Jesus Christ, but instead for you? undecided
Yes, I can't use Qur'an for joke not bcoz I believe in it but I respect Muslims who believes in it.

2 Likes

Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by ALFADOS(m): 8:55am On Jan 10, 2022
Landmack:
I think CAN must look into this
No difference from idols worshippers lol
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by ALFADOS(m): 8:59am On Jan 10, 2022
[quote author=Landmack post=109221192]I think CAN must look into this[/quote I see no difference from idols worshippers lol
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by LaJoe2: 9:21am On Jan 10, 2022
only Heathens believe thats Jesus or a true image of Him
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Reallv: 9:42am On Jan 10, 2022
No be person design the clothes and the accessories?.....la waaaa
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by FILEBE(m): 9:46am On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The woman is being ridiculed for carrying an idol that has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ or what He called His followers for. undecided

Those of you deperate to make this about God are instead the ones who ridicule God's name. undecided

It is what represents some people's belief. She has to respect it. It is a simple Humanity thing. After all, humanity is all about peaceful coexistence.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by l0uie(m): 9:50am On Jan 10, 2022
This only proves how peaceful Christianity is amongst all other religion. If a Christian had tried this in some Islam eaten country, it would have been a different matter. Truly, Christianity is peaceful and boasts of sane people, unlike those who go about perpetuating inhumane acts on people in the name of their god and in turn say that they are peaceful, piss-ful in deed.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by kingsmaila(m): 9:58am On Jan 10, 2022
We Muslims do not play with Idols. The statue in her hand is an Idol but not Jesus Image. No one can prove to me that is Jesus Image(Isa A.S) In Islam, we were enjoined not to redicule other people's faith. What she did is bad.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 10:24am On Jan 10, 2022
promisedeco:

So because they are, in your words, pegans, they should be disrespected??
If the Pagans are incensed by it, let them speak up. Last I checked, pagans rarely get incensed about such things instead they celebrate such exposure given of their beliefs. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 10:26am On Jan 10, 2022
Tochj:
Yes, I can't use Qur'an for joke not bcoz I believe in it but I respect Muslims who believes in it.
Well, since this is personal for you, keep the name of God out of your agitation is all I ask. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2022
FILEBE:
It is what represents some people's belief. She has to respect it. It is a simple Humanity thing. After all, humanity is all about peaceful coexistence.
There is in fact no law that states you must respect the belief of others. However we as humans try as much as possible to accord that respect every much we can. However, where we find those who refuse to, we have no right to impose on them that which they refuse. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by FILEBE(m): 11:14am On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
There is in fact no law that states you must respect the belief of others. However we as humans try as much as possible to accord that respect every much we can. However, where we find those who refuse to, we have no right to impose on them that which they refuse. undecided

It doesn't have to written in the law for we to do what is right. If we have to depend on law to respect your belief, I don't think we would be having this conversation at all. People you had argued with here on NL would have done more that verbal assaults.

No law says I should help my brother when in need. These are why we are human. Humanity first before any religion. We share different faith doesn't mean I wouldn't help you in times of need.

I won't force my belief on you and shouldn't make a mockery of it either. II belive it is what you hold true and close to your heart.

What the lady did is provocating. It wouldn't be if it were her belief. It wouldn't be much if she were a Christian.

Kobo. What isn't right isn't right. Irrespective ot whatever you believe.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 11:23am On Jan 10, 2022
FILEBE:
What the lady did is provocating. It wouldn't be if it were her belief. It wouldn't be much if she were a Christian.

Kobo. What isn't right isn't right. Irrespective ot whatever you believe.
No law says I should help my brother when he is in need, means I commit no crime when I chose not to help him when in need. We each hold different to different ideas and shouldn't go around forcing our personal choices on others. undecided

It seems the lady in question is indeed a Christian. lipsrsealed

By the way, even if she is not a Christian and let's assume for a second that she is wrong, you who claim to be are under Law not to be provoked by such things - Matthew 5 vs 21 -22 - So does 2 wrongs make a right or something? undecided

The Christian ideal is such that you resist the urge to be provoked by such things as this and you love your enemy, going the extra mile on their behalf when possible- Matthew 5. This are ideals we are meant to live by - meaning such issues as this ought not to be issues where Christians are concerned. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by LLMG: 11:37am On Jan 10, 2022
the difference is that if it were to be the other way round, scores of innocent Nigerians would have been dead by now, that's the true definition of intolerance. you know you are lying to yourself when you say Christians are Nigeria's problem.
02Kebreal:
They are trying to put the blame on Muslims and Islam here calling the lady a Muslim.
Nairaland Christians and hypocrisy.
This is obviously a Christian showing her love for the Christian god and their Mary.
Now they r trying to call her Muslim.
No Muslim lady will do this for whatever reason.
Most of the problems this country is faced with today are caused by Christians and their intolerance and blame games.
Nonsense!
Shebi when Hisbah and other Muslim communities rise against anyone that tries to blaspheme Islam U guys will begin to shout Muslims are terrorists.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by FILEBE(m): 11:50am On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No law says I should help my brother when he is in need, means I commit no crime when I chose not to help him when in need. We each hold different to different ideas and shouldn't go around forcing our personal choices on others. undecided

It seems the lady in question is indeed a Christian. lipsrsealed

By the way, even if she is not a Christian and let's assume for a second that she is wrong, you who claim to be are under Law not to be provoked by such things - Matthew 5 vs 21 -22 - So does 2 wrongs make a right or something? undecided

The Christian ideal is such that you resist the urge to be provoked by such things as this and you love your enemy, going the extra mile on their behalf when possible- Matthew 5. This are ideals we are meant to live by - meaning such issues as this ought not to be issues where Christians are concerned. undecided

I am not even speaking as a Christian or any religion here . Respect people's beliefs. That is the tolerance you should be preaching.
I am speaking as Human.

If it were the other way round and it turned to a riot , wouldn't you have blamed her for being stupid?

Kobo. It is simple stuff. Don't make it complicated.

If she truly is a Christian then I have nothing to say . I would say it is between her and Christians If they find it right or wrong. But being from another religion is wrong. Last I checked, Islam doesn't even believe in the crucifix.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 11:59am On Jan 10, 2022
FILEBE:
1.I am not even speaking as a Christian or any religion here . Respect people's beliefs. That is the tolerance you should be preaching. I am speaking as Human.

2. If it were the other way round and it turned to a riot , wouldn't you have blamed her for being stupid?

3. Kobo. It is simple stuff. Don't make it complicated.
If she truly is a Christian then I have nothing to say . I would say it is between her and Christians If they find it right or wrong.

4. But being from another religion is wrong. Last I checked, Islam doesn't even believe in the crucifix.
1. The respect you seek is not written any where in stone so she has a right to reject your desire if she chooses without consequence. undecided

2. The other way around of what? If she demand respect from you simply on the basis of you both being human, you are free by law to deny her it. undecided

3. Christians, according to Jesus Christ, ought not to find any fault in her actions. undecided

4. It does not matter to Christians since they are not meant to concern themselves with such things to begin with. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by cyrilamx(m): 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
Smartini:
I'm a Christian but why the outrage? I find the picture hilarious because it's just a carved image.

Let Jesus and Mary fight for themselves if they're angry with what the young lady did. We can't continue to fight for our Gods in heaven - this is 2022.

grin grin grin
Yea you right. We shouldn't also fight when someone make derogatory remarks about our parents, our tribes, our loved ones and all we cherish. We just smile and let those who concerned fight their battles.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2022
cyrilamx:
Yea you right. We shouldn't also fight when someone make derogatory remarks about our parents, our tribes, our loved ones and all we cherish. We just smile and let those who concerned fight their battles.
That is what Jesus Christ actually taught us to do.... it is a sin to be angered by such things- Matthew 5 vs 21 - 22 - and it is equally sin to fight back when attacked - Matthew 5 vs 38 - 41 undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by FILEBE(m): 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. The respect you seek is not written any where in stone so she has a right to reject your desire if she chooses without consequence. undecided

2. The other way around of what? If she demand respect from you simply on the basis of you both being human, you are free by law to deny her it. undecided

3. Christians, according to Jesus Christ, ought not to find any fault in her actions. undecided

4. It does not matter to Christians since they are not meant to concern themselves with such things to begin with. undecided

You are just trying to be stubborn. You know what you are saying doesn't actually make sense .
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
FILEBE:
You are just trying to be stubborn. You know what you are saying doesn't actually make sense .
Feel free to specifically address the particular point that you feel does not make sense there. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by FILEBE(m): 12:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Feel free to specifically address the particular point that you feel does not make sense there. undecided

It is now becoming tiring repeating myself. You chose to not understand. Just reread what I am about to say with an open mind. Will you? Okay. Good.

If as a Christian she did what she did, it won't be controversial as it is. Whether it is right or wrong in Christianity will be between the Christians. I won't even open the the topic.

If she does it as a Muslim. Then she is wrong everywhere . It is just act of mischief. You simply don't do that .

Understood? Leave what the Bible or Quran says about the object. Just focus on being human first .
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
FILEBE:
It is now becoming tiring repeating myself. You chose to not understand. Just reread what I am about to say with an open mind. Will you? Okay. Good.
Understood? Leave what the Bible or Quran says about the object. Just focus on being human first .
If your intention is to tackle the human respect angle of this alone, then as I already stated.
Kobojunkie:

2. The other way around of what? If she demands respect from you simply on the basis of you both being humans, you are free by law to deny her it. undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Jacksparrow7(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2022
shocked which kind rough play be this. If she want Christianity make she join. It's too early for bad news. Imagine I hear say they kill person because of wood one Craftsman calve.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by FILEBE(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If your intention is to tackle the human respect angle of this alone, then as I already stated.

You understand this is about a belief right?
If it were an Islamic clergy that does this.... infact Kobo, please no vex . I don't want to continue this with you. You are just trying to be stuborn and oppose everything. Your belief is your belief . I will respect it. I wouldn't desecrate it. Thanks.

Please don't reply . Abeg.
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2022
FILEBE:
You understand this is about a belief right?
If it were an Islamic clergy that does this.... infact Kobo, please no vex . I don't want to continue this with you. You are just trying to be stuborn and oppose everything. Your belief is your belief . I will respect it. I wouldn't desecrate it. Thanks.

Please don't reply . Abeg.
As humans we each have our beliefs, yes and as you stated, in an ideal world, we would each indeed respect each other's belief. However, an ideal world this ain't, so? undecided
Re: Papaya Ex: Controversial Photoshoot Using The Crucifix Got People Raging by FILEBE(m): 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
As humans we each have our beliefs, yes and as you stated, in an ideal world, we would each indeed respect each other's belief. However, an ideal world this ain't, so? undecided

Because it is not an ideal world I should become a nuisance and go on a rampage ? I will have to wait for an ideal world to be sensible and be good to myself and others. I can't say it clearly enough, I don't care what religion is right or wrong . Just respect other's beliefs that aren't yours.

See ehn. Kobo, I'm done with this convo. Please do yourself the favour of having an open mind

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Paul Enenche's Glory Dome In Abuja To Be Dedicated On Saturday (Photos) / Collins: My Visit To Ayo Babalola Prayer Mountain At Ikeji Arakeji (Photos) / What Does The Bible Say About Masturbation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.