Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,938 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:10 PM

Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? (726 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Who Lives In Rooms Like This? / Don't Marry Someone You're In Love With - Reno Omokri Advises / Can You Marry Someone Whose Nude Photos/video Has Leaked On Social Media?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Olayetan(m): 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2022
As the topic says

Will your parents allow you to marry someone from a different religion?

Many parents believes two different people from different religion background can affect the children spirituality as they won't understand which is best to follow and might leave them confused.

What do you think of this and what advise do you have for people who are in love, but comes from different religion background...

Pls, also attend to the bolded phrase, let's learn from your wisdom...

1 Like

Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by frankkydee(m): 8:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
It's absurd in this kind of generation.
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Wawelexy(m): 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2022
Make them thank God if them even see anybody... Na pikin dem go just dey see
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Bola146(f): 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2022
Capital NO

3 Likes

Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Opeyemiextra(f): 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2022
I, myself, won't even try it. I cannot with my hand package confusion for my children. There is already enough confusion in the world to contend with. Adding the complexities of different religions into marriage is not worth the risk except you are casual with it.
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Olayetan(m): 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2022
Wawelexy:
Make them thank God if them even see anybody... Na pikin dem go just dey see

But, which religion will they teach the children if they marry outside their parents consent...
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Hashabiah: 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2022
Bros my woman is a Muslim but we still dey battle some very strange things. You cannot steal from the devil and expect to go free just like that. Now I am not complaining about my decision,but just be prepared to face some things that words cannot explain .
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Olayetan(m): 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2022
Opeyemiextra:
I, myself, won't even try it. I cannot with my hand package confusion for my children. There is already enough confusion in the world to contend with. Adding the complexities of different religions into marriage is not worth the risk except you are casual with it.

What if you fell in love with someone from a different religion?
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Olayetan(m): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hashabiah:
Bros my woman is a Muslim but we still dey battle some very strange things. You cannot steal from the devil and expect to go free just like that. Now I am not complaining about my decision,but just be prepared to face some things that words cannot explain .

I hope your decision won't affect your unborn kids.
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Tejumola856: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
I don’t think so
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Opeyemiextra(f): 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
Olayetan:

What if you fell in love with someone from a different religion?

I can't except I was deceived into which is most likely not going to happen. I just chose the peace that comes with being with someone who I'm on the same page in very important things with. Why should I go through that stress when it's easily avoidable.

I have gone through some things that I cannot gamble with certain things ever.
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by WonderManly(m): 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2022
You see...

Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Hashabiah: 9:07pm On Jan 10, 2022
Olayetan:

I hope your decision won't affect your unborn kids.
Bros, let me be honest with you : every marriage has its own challenges(be it physically, financially, or Spirititually ) and this is something we both took into consideration before getting involved with each other . But what has kept us going going was just just two things : God and the love we have for each other. And as for our kids, there is no way no way they will have issues because they are in Jesus Christ .
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by HeeBraHim2(m): 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2022
My mum is a Christian and my dad is a muslims...... My Dad didn't stop my mom from going to church but he ban it for us (the children).

The day my dad know my mom use to take me to church secretly was the day he take me out of Ibadan and put me to modrassa in Minna state.

Allihamdulilahi... Me and all my elders and younger one are now proud Muslims.... We now understand the reason why my dad stand firmly for us and we keep thanking him for sowing islam in our life since young age.

3 Likes

Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by boringdraw: 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2022
Yes they will, we were trained to value character of individuals and the family.

Under 1.5 goals
Spain » LaLiga2
R. Oviedo - Eibar
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Dbrawllm0098(f): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
No. You can’t build a life together going different places at the end. And religious education of children is too important to negotiate.
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by yuping(m): 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2022
Olayetan:
As the topic says
Will your parents allow you to marry someone from a different religion?
...[/b]
Pls, also attend to the bolded phrase, let's learn from your wisdom...
Some people just have mental problem which affects their logical thinking, if that same parent that reject different religion marriage see their child want to get married to an America white man they will not ask for religion or tribe. Or have you seen any tribe or religion in Nigeria that don't allow their child marry a foreigner? All this yeye law and code of conduct only exist within us
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by ImoleNaija: 11:14pm On Jan 10, 2022
There are some decisions my parent can't make for me. One of them is the point of discussion here.

Anyway, I can't marry from any other religions aside Christianity. In fact, I like ladies with churchy (or simple) looks. Jezebel look is a turnoff for me.
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by nerdfrost(m): 1:33am On Jan 11, 2022
I have no religion...I think I'll marry someone like me because I no get strength for religion

Na religion destroy Africa
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 11, 2022
Mine said I should pick from Islam
The girls are tight and they will do anything to please my cock
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by KingWarri: 1:35am On Jan 11, 2022

Gone are those days... Over religious people create hatred and boundaries against others. That's one thing Nigeria is suffering from today.

Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Fiscus105(m): 2:20am On Jan 11, 2022
Opeyemiextra:

And if the man you married in same faith/religion decides to change his faith several years after you have married him with many kids?
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by jericco1(m): 2:23am On Jan 11, 2022
My parents won't stop me, however I won't unless a non Muslim.
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by GOFRONT(m): 6:57am On Jan 11, 2022
Hmmm......Religion, truely the Opium of d people.
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by VESSEL1111: 7:09am On Jan 11, 2022
...abeg it depends some people will get lucky ofd marrying partner from different religion and it will work out and some people will not.... my gal frd is the first daughter from a Muslim parents but she attends church anytime she loves and her parents DNT complain Abt it.......

......make money and you will marry anyone u feel like.. without hiccups
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Opeyemiextra(f): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2022
Fiscus105:

And if the man you married in same faith/religion decides to change his faith several years after you have married him with many kids?

Now that is a good and reasonable question to really think on. I hope that won't happen but in the event that it does, certain things will have to be discussed. Believe me though, that would never happen with me or to me. That you don't fully understand what you believe is the only reason you will just move on to another religion. Such a person would most likely manifest this trait in other aspects so...
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Fiscus105(m): 2:00pm On Jan 11, 2022
Opeyemiextra:

Now that is a good and reasonable question to really think on. I hope that won't happen but in the event that it does, certain things will have to be discussed. Believe me though, that would never happen with me or to me. That you don't fully understand what you believe is the only reason you will just move on to another religion. Such a person would most likely manifest this trait in other aspects so...

I'm Very sure you are still below 30, from 30 above, most especially 35 upward you will understand clearer full philosophy of life.

I have seen man that changed from xtian to Muslim, xtian to herbalist, Muslim to Christian.

Let me tell you popular converts. Olusegun Mimiko was Muslim even as commissioner but he changed to full blown Christian , what of Adewale Ayuba? A Muslim devotee to the extent of being Baba Adinni, today, he is attending Redeemed.

At adult thre are certain steps you would take that you can never imaging find ursef in it when you are young.

Life seems to be rossy during teenage years.
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by Opeyemiextra(f): 2:05pm On Jan 11, 2022
Ohkay, Sir.
Fiscus105:

I'm Very sure you are still below 30, from 30 above, most especially 35 upward you will understand clearer full philosophy of life.

I have seen man that changed from xtian to Muslim, xtian to herbalist.

Let me tell you popular, converts ,Olusegun Mimiko was Muslim even as commissioner but he changed to full blown Christian , what of Adewale Ayuba, he devoted to the extent of being baba adinni, today he is attending redeemed.

At adult thre are certain steps you would take that you can never imaging find ursef in it when you are young.

Life seems to be rossy during teenage years.
Re: Will Your Parents Let You Marry Someone From A Different Religion? by BigDawsNet: 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2022
They don't care tho

(1) (Reply)

Dinner Date With My 80+ Years Grandma. A Lovely Evening / My Husband’s Manhood Is Not Working – Divorce-seeking Woman Tells Court / I Hate When A Woman Dance Seductive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.