Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist (25223 Views)

Olorunfemi Adeyeye Graduates After 7 Years / Unilag Student Activist Olorunfemi Remains Suspended After Seven Semesters / UNILAG Student Rusticated For Twerking With The Statue Of Former VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by fergie001: 9:27am On Jan 11, 2022
PREVIOUS THREAD;
https://www.nairaland.com/3310038/adeyeye-olorunfemi-rusticated-unilag-facebook#48793424

Olorunfemi Adeyeye in an interview in 2016 insists he doesn't regret his action.

A student of the University of Lagos, Olorunfemi Adeyeye, who was suspended in 2016 by the school's authorities, has finally been reinstated.

Adeyeye, a student of the Department of Building, alongside some students’ union leaders, was suspended for participating in a protest on April 6 and 8, 2016.

The protests led to the school being shut and the indefinite suspension of the students’ union body.

Adeyeye was also accused of criticising the leadership of the institution on their inability to manage situations as “democrats” in a Facebook article tilted: The Senate of the University of Lagos; a conglomeration of academic ignorami, which he published on social media platforms.

While under suspension, the school authorities also accused Adeyeye of leading a team tagged ‘Save Unilag Coalition’ comprising of individuals from the National Association of Nigerian Students into the school campus to disrupt the activities of the office of the Dean of Student Affairs on March 31, 2016.

SOURCE

The Facebook post that landed Mr. Adeyeye in hot waters;

The Senate of the University of Lagos; a Conglomeration of Academic Ignorami.

The University of Lagos prides itself as a cosmopolitan University and over the years has maintained the status quo of excellence among her peers in Nigeria and the world at large. I promise not to make this BOMB as lengthy and circuitous as my last post on this medium. I will also make it as lucid as possible.

I mentioned in my last article WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT THE GREAT NIGERIA STUDENTS the jejunity of the Mission statement of the UNILAG,Hardly had I finished the article when the whole statement of mine started receiving fulfillment .One would call me a prophet!.

I now see the reason for the backwardness of my Nation, we blame those at the corridor of “power” forgetting those at the corridor of “education”; the corridor of “common sense “.I am a discussant of History and it has made me realise that from time immemorial, whenever there is problem in the society ,tertiary institutions are places of solace,they are citadels of solutions.

Government would go to schools to consult undergraduates, lecturers; professors as they posed to be the backbone of the society. Now, Nigeria is in shambles, the economy is crumbling, where is Dr Nduibisi Nwokoma of the Economics department?, Buhari is still waiting for your economic model computation and those econometrics rubbish theories you teach your students.

Prof. G.L Oyekan!.., there is infrastructural decay!. Prof. Idoro Godwin, buildings are collapsing and projects are poorly handled!. This is not project planning class where you come to disturb students with your unending battery of questions e.g What is Objective? ..answer- Objective is ….Question 2- What is “is”?. What a comedian!

Vice Chancellor sir!, you remain a first class Chemical engineering graduate from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife.What has happened to the Great Ife in you!. Our power generation is deteriorating and you are alive . The Nation’s investment of knowledge on you to make you a scholar is a WASTE. Your first class honours degree is the true definition of a FIASCO.

That’s by the way,the protest that led to Senate’s resolution to dissolve the Student Union and the forceful blood covenant Oath-taking was a peaceful one. One that started on a calm note with the intention to end in a day only if the DSA or VC came to talk to the students during the act. The Egocentricity of an African man would not just allow them to come, They are PhD holders. I call them ACADEMIC IGNORAMUSES!

The irresponsibility, insensitivity and irresponsiveness to the welfare of the students of the VC and his misMANAGEMENT have shown that they are all misfits when it comes to parenthood.

They all stood up when the former mistake we had as president tried to rename Unilag to Maulag because the brand UNILAG gives them the pride they need to sleep with any girl-student and admission-seekers effortlessly. These are the goings-on in Unilag, let the world know!. The likes of Ogbinaka Karo were ready to tear down the nation if the renaming was not revoked. Now,this is our own issue; Welfarism, we can’t find them. Are they telling me that the Name issue is greater than Welfarism. Is the aesthetics of a building more important than the structural stability? , If you don’t know, go ask the MD, Lekki Gardens.

My secondary school teacher once told me that during his days at the University of Ibadan, they protested when the chicken on their breakfast meal was reduced to 1 instead of the usual 2. For Christ’s sake ,was it this same Nigeria? .We never asked for all these things Bello and his cohorts enjoyed,all we asked for was water/light and all we could get from a sensible Senate is the threat of expulsion. Are there no “common sense” persons in the management anymore?
We mourn late Prof. Ayodele Awojobi freshly..
I promised not to make this too lengthy but I stand in this era for change as I don’t want to be much too a victim of circumstances because I have never gained anything from this system of education. I learn everything myself just like most of us. My lecturers are too busy to teach but are very ready to threaten you with failure. Where is Julius Faremi? .

I am ready not as Adekunle Gold but as an active citizen for any step they might want to take against me. E e ba mi ni’be. I remain Adeyeye Olorunfemi.
#IwontSign.
#RescueULSU.

7 Likes

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by Follygunners: 9:39am On Jan 11, 2022
The question is why was he rusticated in first place? Speaking the truth? Rubbish! angry

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by BruncleZuma: 9:39am On Jan 11, 2022
Good one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by casdoruche: 9:39am On Jan 11, 2022
Aluta continua Victoria ascerta

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:39am On Jan 11, 2022
Great.. freedom of speech pls.. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by LaSenior: 9:39am On Jan 11, 2022
cheesy
Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by BigSarah(f): 9:40am On Jan 11, 2022
Damn these people that made me sign indemnity form that year...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by Sheuns(m): 9:41am On Jan 11, 2022
Una think say he no go don find something better to do with his life 5 years after?

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by Born2winKingOG: 9:41am On Jan 11, 2022
hero

7 Likes

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by realstars: 9:42am On Jan 11, 2022
Ok
Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by Humanace: 9:42am On Jan 11, 2022
they wasted 5years of his life ......lesson learnt

7 Likes

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by iamezekwesiri: 9:42am On Jan 11, 2022
Is a win win for everybody both the school and him... I hope he used that opportunity to bag another degree?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 11, 2022
Ibo
Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by DAMIMONY: 9:43am On Jan 11, 2022
NO BE CULTIST,NO DRUGS,NO RAPE CASE,NO ACADEMIC MALPRACTICE.UNA WASTE THIS GUY 6 YRS.ALAYE JA FUN ORI EH.FIGHT FOR YOURSELF THIS COUNTRY MADT GAN

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by Ehins22(m): 9:43am On Jan 11, 2022
wink
Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by Uyi168: 9:43am On Jan 11, 2022
I can't because of one yeye unionism loose my studentsip.
It's not worth it. The students you are fighting for may not even recognize your efforts. They will all move on as if nothing had happened.

41 Likes

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by usah4(m): 9:43am On Jan 11, 2022
This country is a shit hole Gaskiya

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2022
Great, the message have been passed already.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by largeman4u(m): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2022
This is good news.

Check my signature for Tokunbo Cars

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by spinna: 9:44am On Jan 11, 2022
Bomb � but na yourself you bomb..
Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by opera1(m): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2022
It's very hard to fight authority

5 Likes

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by Maxymilliano(m): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2022
Hmm ... University in Nigeria now operate like political parties

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by Slynation(m): 9:45am On Jan 11, 2022
After 6years...when he must have graduated and finished service if he had gotten admission in another school...!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by naija4life247: 9:45am On Jan 11, 2022
Follygunners:
The question is why was he rusticated in first place? Speaking the truth? Rubbish! angry

Nigerians are tyrants. Ordinary secondary school class captain will write your name in noise makers list just because his girlfriend is crushing on you.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by Donlamzy(m): 9:45am On Jan 11, 2022
What a country, he was reinstated after 6 years , if he don collect another jamb that 2016 sef e go don serve finish by now… I remembered that year , just like yesterday, just because Nigga was saying the truth and exposing your corrupt ass

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by officialsaw01(m): 9:45am On Jan 11, 2022
Is he a formal OAU student? Cuz I'm seeing OAU main gate there o. If yes, I'm not surprised,

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by MoMercyDada(m): 9:47am On Jan 11, 2022
The Nigeria system as a whole hates any iota of truth... What a country ��‍♂️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by rave1047: 9:47am On Jan 11, 2022
Good one
Re: UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:47am On Jan 11, 2022
Nice development! However, I hope he spent the past 5 years pursuing a degree in another university or learning professional certifications that would be beneficial to him in the long run rather than waiting for University of Lagos to call him back. I wish him all the best in his endeavours.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister / Cultism: Uyo High School Shut, Students Order Principal To Release Cultists / Accept 2.2 Or Have A Spilled Over For You to get 2.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.