Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. (5820 Views)

Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua / If You Hate Tinubu, You Hate Yoruba People / Why Is Tinubu So Desperate? See What I Saw (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by cherishmichael: 7:50am On Jan 12, 2022
The first family member you saw this morning, to he or she belongs all those insults.
KoshCAD:
Answer the question, I am talking to hypocrite like you.

Cos I hate hypocrite.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by KoshCAD: 7:51am On Jan 12, 2022
dokyOloye:

Ignored
Before nko, what will hypocrite do before.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Sonyboom765: 8:39am On Jan 12, 2022
Your son's like Peter Peter Obi, Orji Kalu, Theodore Orji, Abaribe Ekweremadu Ikpeazu Ugwuayi Anyim etc ba. You igbo father need is brain checked for excessive foolishness like you displayed in this comment.

Sebastine1994:

have you noticed igbo would reject even their son if he is a thief and fool

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by dokyOloye: 8:46am On Jan 12, 2022
blaqoracle:
in Igbo land the children are taught how to hate by their lazy and week parents.
Imagine a yerobber man calling Igbo lazy? grin
Funniest shii I heard this year yet
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Jomonix: 8:47am On Jan 12, 2022
AbijaJ:
If Igbos could hate Awolowo (both while alive and in death) who never governed any of their states in his lifetime, to the extent of spreading lies about him commiting suicide by ingesting rat poison, how much more Tinubu? Bottom line is that they hate strong Yoruba leaders. They instead try to prop up weak Yoruba leaders that they can intimidate and control. If Igbos say they like any Yoruba leader it is because they perceive such person as being weak.

Hate is on both sides my friend. The scale of hate is heavier on your side bros
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by LivingSage: 9:31am On Jan 12, 2022
That's why they'll never preside over the affairs of this country. Thier hatred for Yoruba will continue to choke them.

We want and strongly behind Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by oyatz(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2022
KosiGee:

He did not mention Igbos!! Really ??
Tinubu messed up mister, he wanted people to have an open mind and he had to mention Evans of all people?

What will be will be…I wish him luck but stop turning this into an Igbo hates Yoruba nonsense: most of us here have Yorubas as great buddies and nothing will change that not even the toxic environment of Nairaland.

I reserve hate for evil and greedy individuals like Rochas, Uba family of Uga etc…

Bros, nobody is interested in all this long story, star projecting your preferred candidate.

It's a CONTEST and Tinubu has the right to contest.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by oyatz(m): 12:36pm On Jan 12, 2022
GoodHardDick:

Why the igbos seem like they adore atiku over tinubu is because atiku selected Peter obi to be his running mate (these made the igbos felt loved)

And of course Tinubu is another disaster waiting to happen in Nigeria. How do you expect a drug dealer to become your president? What exactly does he have to offer? Wasn't he among the core people who sold Buhari to Nigerian?

Bros, tell yourself the truth. Nigeria is dying and needs someone young and vibrant, someone filled with wisdom to rescue the country. Not someone like Tinubu at all. Tinubu has nothing to offer Nigeria. That man will suck Nigeria dry

Politics is all about interests.

You adore Atiku because he appears to protect your interests.

Then stop demonizing other Nigerians who think Tinubu will protect their interests.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by NnamdiN: 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2022
I do not hate him but I'm worried because it is not yoruba people alone that will suffer if he eventually becomes president. Like suffer no dey tire una? From buhari to tinubu no be ment be that?

You think igbo people would give two phucks if it were lagos/yoruba/south west presidency alone ?

And as long as igbos are still Nigerians and can stay and vote for anyone they like , they also reserve the right to criticise any badger however they want.

Lastly they also have some iįdiots from the South East. eyeing the presidency, Yall are free to abuse and criticise as you please
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by DEROX: 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
DMerciful:
Lagos is for all. Unless Biafra comes, igbos will eventually take over Lagos, give it time
grin which kind time if not now but you think the indigenes are sleeping ba? lol continue wishing
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by DEROX: 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2022
Grayoso:

You are 100% correct. Be better than an Igbo, or possess what he greedily covets, and he will hate you passionately and uncompromisingly. Simple as that.

Tinubu is far better than all Igbo political leaders combined and he controls Lagos that covetous Igbos want more than anything else in the entire Universe.
you are too correct bro
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by MDM2021: 7:57am On Jul 30, 2022
NnamdiN:
I do not hate him but I'm worried because it is not yoruba people alone that will suffer if he eventually becomes president. Like suffer no dey tire una? From buhari to tinubu no be ment be that?

You think igbo people would give two phucks if it were lagos/yoruba/south west presidency alone ?

And as long as igbos are still Nigerians and can stay and vote for anyone they like , they also reserve the right to criticise any badger however they want.

Lastly they also have some iįdiots from the South East. eyeing the presidency, Yall are free to abuse and criticise as you please

So you think Nigerians will not suffer if any of the other party candidates win? Why was Zik afraid of having the secession clause in the constitution pre-independence? And why the fear about restructuring the country this time again?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by MDM2021: 8:01am On Jul 30, 2022
Jack005:
Tinubu betrayed the south and you expect SS and SE to like him? I am not igbo but I detest the man called tinubu.. Stick with it..

Can't stay without attaching SS to yourself? Inferiority complex or what?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Jack005(m): 8:04am On Jul 30, 2022
MDM2021:

Can't stay without attaching SS to yourself? Inferiority complex or what?
shut up and who are you? I'm from Phalga in Rivers State.. Nonsense Tinubu supporter.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 30, 2022
As business minded people, we can easily smell failures from business deals. Nigeria is like a business deal. We know who can protect the interests of its citizens over myopic ethnic bigotry. Twice we echoed it on Buhari, thrice we are shouting about Tinubu. He won't even enrich the Yourbas (Mark my words), rather he will sell them for a piecemeal all in the name of religion and selfishness.

If I speak the truth, let me please become an Igbo - A tribe that is so watered for every situation in this country. A tribe that gets success even when burnt.

Let Tinubu win is my constant prayer, so that prosperity will vindicate us again. Nonetheless, Atiku is coming because the Fulani hegemony and totalitarianism can not be quenched; they are very thirsty but Igbos will serve them enough rivers.

I weap for those who see it that, those with foresight are only Igbos. Those who speak against the genrontocratic nature of Nigeria, are Igbos. I weep for those, who does not feel the impact of the dysfunctional educational system in this country but busy chasing Igbo hatred while the elites sends their kids overseas for studies; in order to bequeath Nigeria to them.

Keep being busy hunting the already hunted, that have grown thick skin to survive the jungle. Ask yourself, can you stand where the children of those you protect and project stand?

Why must everyone who says the truth be tagged Igbos? Do you subtly ascribe to them as truly wise against your tribe? Ask yourself introspective question when creating the next thread. And please, try to be sensible with it.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Telekinetic: 8:40am On Jul 30, 2022
Movic1:
I've seen a lot of comments and opinions online, the hate coming from Igbo people towards Tinubu is too much.

You said Tinubu hate you, the question is do you like Tinubu?

You expect someone you hate to love you?
Come o! Is ‘Igbo hate’ the only strategy you guys have at your campaign offices?? Everywhere on NL you guys keep wailing ‘Igbo hate’ even when Omoluabis like David Hundeyin are the ones criticizing the dingBAT druglord. Abeg make una rest. Igbo hate Igbo hate but tomorrow na una go dey beg Igbo money when e burst… Smh!!

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by workchopNG: 9:11am On Jul 30, 2022
Movic1:

I don't think we are one, the Igbos would prefer a Northerner than to see a Yoruba man become the next president of this country.

A simple question for you... Please mention at least one time the Yorubas or Hausa/Fulanis gave a block vote to an Igbo man in an election.

1999 and 2003: Igbos gave block vote to Obasanjo a Yoruba man even when Ojukwu was on the ballot paper. That's our instinct of a better leader, not tribalism.

2007: Igbos gave her block vote to Yaradua a Fulani man even when other Igbo names are on the ballot paper. That's our instinct of a better leader, not tribalism.

2011 and 2015: Igbos gave her block vote to an Ijaw man even when other Igbos are on the ballot paper. That's our instinct of a better leader, not tribalism.

2019: Igbos gave her block vote (95% actually) to a Fulani man even when other Igbos are on the ballot paper. That's our instinct of a better leader, not tribalism.

All these years, what flies in and outside the Internet space has always been... "Igbos don't love themselves," "Igbos are their own enemies," "Igbos are not united," etc.

This time, we've decided to vote an Igbo not because he's an Igbo man, but because he's perceived by many (not just Igbos) as the better option, the naysayers have turned it to "Igbos are tribalistic."

Now there comes 2023, Igbos and all other tribes including Yorubas, Hausa/Fulani, Ijaw, etc... (no matter their numbers), have decided to go with PO whom they perceived as a better option as usual, some people because of reasons best known to them choose to turn it to tribalism.

This is the first time since 1999 that Igbos are supporting an Igbo man. This is the first time almost all the youths are supporting this same one man. Why are you guys trying to bring tribalism into this?

This tribalism narrative didn't come up all these years Igbos were supporting other tribes, why now?

Again my question, can you tell me at one time when Yorubas have given an Igbo man just 5% of her votes?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by DeleTaller: 10:07am On Jul 30, 2022
Sebastine1994:

Who dragged kalu to court if not Igbo.

For 10 years, kalu no rest.

Mind you kalu can never be president, he would contest but we don't support him

And why haven't the igbo dragged Obi to court. Abi there wasn't any case of him being corrupt as a sitting governor? It is a criminal offence as a sitting governor to involve your self in a business that has to do with your family and state fund, but Obi did that and yet he is claiming he help the state to invest the money.
Secondly, it is a criminal offence when a governor has to go with him with huge sum of money worth 250million found in Obi official car moved from Anambra to Lagos and Obi had to lie and told the IG of police that the money belongs to the contractor... Yet he was mandatory to deposit the money back into the state account in the presence of Police and the EFCC. So why has igbo not dragged him to court? There was also an allegation that he used Sars to kill the youths and till today you have not dragged him to court but you are from afar dragging Tinubu for Lekki shooting. Throughout Obi's tenure his internal generation revenue did not pass 400m monthly but the same year Obiano became governor he started generating 1.2b monthly....have you igbo felt concern about such diff margin? Is it not enough reason to at least drag Obi to explain why? .. Throughout his tenure, Obi put his beloved uncle in charge of all parks and Market in Anambra and nobody dragged him for how much they realised but you igbo will always question Tinubu why he made his daughter the iyaloja general.
I don't have problem with igbos cause I have some of them as friends and neighbours, but I don't like sentiments.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Jnkay: 10:07am On Jul 30, 2022
My dear OP make proper research about this people called Igbos you will notice they have that God's natural grace to see ahead of us. I live in Ibadan and I voted Buhari in 2015. The Igbos warned us about Buhari but we called them haters. They warned us about the recruiting terrorist we call them Igbos. Be honest with yourself is the country better under the current president or has terrorist not invaded the whole country including the FCT. Experience has thought me that they do not hate us but I think we are the one that do not understand them or believe in their God given grace to choose right. They do not hate Baba Tinubu nor Fashola but they always go for the best. They did not vote their people Chuba Okadigbo and Ewerem for president but voted for our own Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan from Bayelsa because they believed these candidates were better than Okadigbo, Ewerem etc from the Igbo land. I am beginning to appreciate they choice of presidential candidate. Just as God has given us Southwest people the grace in the area of Education God has given Igbos grace in the area of trading and ability to decern the future and chose right when it comes to presidential candidate. I used to hate them but no more because I have understood their area of grace.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Secondly: 10:12am On Jul 30, 2022
Igbos don't like Tinubu because Igbos hate the idea of someone making himself a king who everyone else must worship or suffer.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Secondly: 10:14am On Jul 30, 2022
Jnkay:
My dear OP make proper research about this people called Igbos you will notice they have that God's natural grace to see ahead of us. I live in Ibadan and I voted Buhari in 2015. The Igbos warned us about Buhari but we called them haters. They warned us about the recruiting terrorist we call them Igbos. Be honest with yourself is the country better under the current president or has terrorist not invaded the whole country including the FCT. Experience has thought me that they do not hate us but I think we are the one that do not understand them or believe in their God given grace to choose right. They do not hate Baba Tinubu nor Fashola but they always go for the best. They did not vote their people Chuba Okadigbo and Ewerem for president but voted for our own Obasanjo, Yaradua and Jonathan from Bayelsa because they believed these candidates were better than Okadigbo, Ewerem etc from the Igbo land. I am beginning to appreciate they choice of presidential candidate. Just as God has given us Southwest people the grace in the area of Education God has given Igbos grace in the area of trading and ability to decern the future and chose right when it comes to presidential candidate. I used to hate them but no more because I have understood their area of grace.

So wha you are saying is that you are now fully obidient?

Of course.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Great0ne1: 10:18am On Jul 30, 2022
Movic1:
I've seen a lot of comments and opinions online, the hate coming from Igbo people towards Tinubu is too much.

You said Tinubu hate you, the question is do you like Tinubu?

You expect someone you hate to love you?
They hate tinubu as much as they hate nnamdi azikiwe, dave umahi, orji uzo kalu, hope uzodimma, sani abacha. Are you also going to ask why igbos hate buhari ?
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by 3ple9iner: 10:18am On Jul 30, 2022
Sebastine1994:

Who dragged kalu to court if not Igbo.

For 10 years, kalu no rest.

Mind you kalu can never be president, he would contest but we don't support him
Yiu dragged Kalu for 10 years but he his still a senator and was celebrated after his release.

The Abia state governor is still in power.

Who una they deceive.

Even Jonathan was a failure we shouldn't rule that out because of Buhari being a failure too.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by mightyokwy(m): 10:27am On Jul 30, 2022
BigSarah:
Lol if buhari Can get elected twice,why not Tinubu?...

Nothing concern tribe, just individual perspectives..

Tinubu 2023

Insha Allah
In other words we should continue living like animals because some group of idiots elected a brain dead old man into power in 2015. If after experiencing the hardships buhari subjected Nigerians since past 7 years and still want us to continue the path of hardships with Tinubu, then you are worst of the idiots that elected buhari into power.
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by NnamdiN: 10:59am On Jul 30, 2022
MDM2021:

So you think Nigerians will not suffer if any of the other party candidates win? Why was Zik afraid of having the secession clause in the constitution pre-independence? And why the fear about restructuring the country this time again?
I answered a question as it concerns me so I don't understand what you're on about.
My problem is with the individual and party. Tinubu is wrong number for me.
Buhari's Failure is APC's/Tinubu's Failure and it makes zero sense to reward Failure. Even if we're still going to suffer let it be in the hands of someone new, we shouldn't be acting as if we have the Stockholm syndrome. We changed PDP because they failed, the APC guys have failed even woefully, let's try the Labour guys
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Goke7: 11:36am On Jul 30, 2022
naijaking1:

Better, younger, and more honest Yoruba presidential candidates: Osibanjo, Fayemi, and Fayose are better than Tinubus, and Igbos will likely support them, but since Tinubus pays your rent, go ahead and spew hatred against Igbos, because you have to earn your keep.

really? the same osinbajo that is equally hated? grin there is no yoruba candidate that the igbos will support

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Goke7: 11:40am On Jul 30, 2022
OritoJasi:

One of Tinubu's biggest mistake that will continue to haunt him was his decision to start the trend of appointing Igbos into Lagos state cabinet. Maybe he thought that would endear those ingrates to him but that policy decision has failed because that hasn't stopped them from not only hating him but even having the effrontery to demand for more slots, as if they're the only non-yorubas in the state.

Awolowo made a similar mistake when he chose an igbo candidate (Phillip Umeadi) as his running mate in 1979. Till today I can't fathom what he was smoking for him to have made such a foolish decision of choosing a southern running mate, and an igbo at that Any Yoruba person that tries to please or trust them will live to regret it.

even amosun as governor appointed an igbo an perm sec, honestly, yoruba political leaders always want to be politically correct and continue to allow SW to be a testing ground for political correctness to the disadvantage of the SW.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by diadem10: 11:52am On Jul 30, 2022
Jnkay:

Will you keep quiet? The same Igbos that voted for Atiku? Na ment?

Personally, we didn't expect much from Buhari. What we expected him to do was to curb corruption and also the Terrorism in the North which he didn't do of course. Point is how is Atiku better than Buhari yet was voted by the Igbos. So what are you saying exactly?

Was Peter Obi not in PDP just a month ago? Na ment? Same Peter Obi who achieved absolute nothing in his state but was stashing out his state funds while using his daughter name for corruption. So tell me what's he gonna do for Nigeria? Let him go make his Anambra great first. Yeye dey smell.

You claim Igbo always voted for the best yet their region remain unproductive with their useless leaders. Take Abia state for example. Even Ta Orji is representing them at the senate after destroying Abia state as a governor. They still voted for him. Na ment? Igbos don't have a problem with their incompetent leaders. They only have a problem with their leaders who join APC to show the level of their bigotry and toxicity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by Dubaku543: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

And if Yorubas vote a northerner over their candidate they start wailing like the victims they always love to be.
Igbos jettisoned their son Ojukwu to vote massively for Obasanjo because they wanted a one Nigeria and believed in it.

It is the Yorubas turn to reciprocate such feat if they believe in unity building of this nation coupled with the fact that Obi ticks better than the other candidates. If you believe in one Nigeria prove it now!
Re: Why Do Igbos Hate Tinubu So Much? Can Someone Explain. by tamdun: 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2022
Sebastine1994:

Is there any governor that is as hated as hope uzodima of imo state or rochas. We see the truth and say it no matter what
Those two u mentioned (uzomia and okorocha) are better than ikpeazu but u hate them more because they are in apc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Withdraw My Support For Tinubu Over His "God" Statement / Picture Of Tinubu VP Shetimma Dining With Bokoharam / MY Pastor Almost Scattered His 27 Years Church Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.