Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi (29798 Views)

Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer / A New Force Tries To Dismantle The Cabal In Aso Rock - The Nation / PDP Deceitful Cabal Has Held Delta Down Since 1999 – Ogboru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by aminulive: 9:54am On Jan 12, 2022
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Popular Critic and Author, Farouq Kperogi has claimed that the 'cabal' has rejected the presidential ambitions of APC national leader, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo.

In an article titled: "Why the 2023 Presidential Race Will Be a Shot in the Dark", made available to POLITICS NIGERIA, Kperogi explains the various permutations and candidates being considered by the 'cabal'. The article read;

"Bola Tinubu’s announcement that he has informed Muhammadu Buhari of his intention to run for president in 2023 has triggered frenetic social media conversations about the 2023 elections. My own prognostication is that the race won’t be as predictable as many people think it will be."

"Even Aso Rock power brokers are in disarray. Their strategies and choices keep evolving like a kaleidoscope. At some point, they wanted to perpetrate one of their own in power, which would mean ditching the informal but nonetheless politically potent power sharing arrangement between the North and the South."

"They realized that such a move is not only politically risky but is also fraught with the sort of danger that might dissolve the Nigerian union if it succeeded."

"Then they toyed with the idea of supporting a “weak” candidate from the South-South, such as Rotimi Amaechi, whom a northern PDP candidate— with whom they’d strike a deal— can easily defeat."

"At some point, I heard that the cabal settled on PDP’s Atiku Abubakar. But it appears that they later chickened out perhaps because they can’t trust Atiku or because Atiku won’t commit to their terms."

"Then came the Goodluck Jonathan card. I’ve confirmed from people who should know that indeed the Buhari cabal had settled on supporting Jonathan as APC’s candidate—with one of the members of the cabal, possibly Malami, as his running mate."

"As of a few days ago, the cabal, fearful of untoward backlash from the southwest if they support Jonathan to win APC’s nomination (recall that the Southwest helped them upstage the same Jonathan in 2015) has backtracked and is restrategizing."

"As should be obvious by now, members of the cabal want neither Bola Tinubu nor Yemi Osinbajo. They both know this. Tinubu signaled this knowledge when he said Buhari “didn’t ask me to stop. He didn’t ask me not to attempt and pursue my ambition.”

"Why would he use a negation (“he didn’t ask me to stop. He didn’t ask me not to…”) instead of an affirmation or a neutral statement to characterize Buhari’s attitude toward his ambition? It’s because he knows Buhari’s puppeteers resent his presidential ambition."

"Where this gets even more intriguing is that the cabal is NOT nearly as influential and powerful as it once was when it was led by the late Abba Kyari. It’s now easily vanquishable. Here’s why."

"Mahmood Yakubu, INEC’s chair, was singlehandedly put in his position by Abba Kyari. So, he was beholden to him and did his bidding. Recall that Kyari, whose office isn’t recognized by the constitution, breached protocol by inviting Yakubu to his office at the Presidential Villa for a closed-door meeting on October 26, 2018."

"None of the remaining members of the cabal has that sort of influence on the INEC chairman who is in his final term and therefore need not ingratiate himself with anyone for any favors. Notice that the INEC chairman has been showing unaccustomed independence lately, such as going against Aso Rock honchos by insisting on electronic transmission of votes."

"There’s no Abba Kyari to dictate to him, and he’s not indebted to members of the current cabal led by the perpetually narcotized and incompetent Abubakar Malami."

"So, don’t dismiss anyone’s ambition just yet. And don’t be overconfident about anyone’s--or any political party's-- chances. This is probably the most variegated, endlessly changing patterning of political variables in Nigeria’s recent political history."

https://politicsnigeria.com/2023-presidency-the-cabal-has-rejected-tinubu-and-osinbajo-kperogi/

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by Anazp: 9:54am On Jan 12, 2022
J
Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by SarkinYarki: 9:55am On Jan 12, 2022
That one dey sha .. Osinbanjo is the best among all of them but God dey

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by rayvelez(m): 9:57am On Jan 12, 2022
Time shall tell...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by Kriss216: 9:57am On Jan 12, 2022
The disgrace and shame go loud... I pity Tinubu in advance

132 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by cyril10(m): 10:03am On Jan 12, 2022
Tinubu should rest already, Nigeria belong to all, it is not Tinubu personal property.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by BigSarah(f): 10:03am On Jan 12, 2022
How do you know? Unappointed cabal spokesman...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by SarkinYarki: 10:09am On Jan 12, 2022
cyril10:
Tinubu should rest already, Nigeria belong to all, it is not Tinubu personal property.

Nigeria is not Bourdillon

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by sweetonugbu: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by SadiqBabaSani: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2022
Even the Heavens Reject Tinubu

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by SadiqBabaSani: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2022
The Arrogance of Tinubu is sickening

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by federal9: 10:22am On Jan 12, 2022
El Rufai will win APC presidential ticket.

Let us wait until he declares his presidential ambition.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by ChangetheChange: 10:24am On Jan 12, 2022
U need no prophet to tell u that, only confused and deluded fools still think Buhari and his Fulani cabal will support Tinubu or Osibanjo dead on arrival presidential attempt...Quote me anywhere.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by ScamHunter: 10:25am On Jan 12, 2022
That's probably the first sensible decision from the cabal. Rewarding any Yoruba man with the presidency is akin to rewarding treachery against the south. Even though there's no altruism on the part of the cabal, I think it serves the Yoruba tribe just fine to learn that treachery should be rewarded with more treachery. Very evil people.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by Jollylolly(f): 10:30am On Jan 12, 2022
this guy just change his weed seller again. Always looking for cheap weeds.

Kpero guy thinks we dont know who Bubu was refering to when he said he has a prefered candidate but he wont say his name because of elimination? But we know who has been delegsting duties, asking to reparesent him locally and internationally lately.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by techmo(m): 10:33am On Jan 12, 2022
cool

Mumu guy, throwing lambs from US to his idiotic followers in Nigeria

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by slivertongue: 10:34am On Jan 12, 2022
Trouble in paradise

4 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by slivertongue: 10:35am On Jan 12, 2022
Tinubu has been scammed

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by johnmartus(m): 10:38am On Jan 12, 2022
Useless man always trying to get that attention.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by adamsmith914: 10:38am On Jan 12, 2022
ChangetheChange:
U need no prophet to tell u that, only confused and deluded fools still think Buhari and his Fulani cabal will support Tinubu or Osibanjo dead on arrival presidential attempt...Quote me anywhere.
Keep your hypocritical opinion to yourself, Mumurist pdp Apologist.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by omenkaLives(m): 10:39am On Jan 12, 2022
And this, Kporegi knows, because he's part of the cabal I presume?

Pdp and their supporters are fixated on attacking Tinubu rather than trying to project their own option to Tinubu. Later, when they're decimated in the elections, because they failed to adequately prepare themselves, they'd start screaming SERVERS all over the place.

What a group of unconscionable dummies.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by adamsmith914: 10:41am On Jan 12, 2022
techmo:
Mumu guy, throwing lambs from US to his idiotic followers in Nigeria
Very stupid Basketmouth Himself & Rhino Omokr, 2 fugitive journalist on the run.

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by adamsmith914: 10:42am On Jan 12, 2022
omenkaLives:
And this, Kporegi knows, because he's part of the cabal I presume?

Pdp and their supporters are fixated on attacking Tinubu rather than trying to project their own option to Tinubu. Later, when they're decimated in the elections, because they failed to adequately prepare themselves, they'd start screaming SERVERS all over the place.

What a group of unconscionable dummies.
You are correct.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by okefranci: 10:43am On Jan 12, 2022
Who are the cabals?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by oyatz(m): 10:49am On Jan 12, 2022
cyril10:

This is the beauty of democracy.

Nigeria belong to ALL, including citizen Tinubu.

We must let our democracy mature to a stage that ANY citizen irrespective of what the Cabal or the president want ,can run for presidential election.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by ba7man(m): 10:53am On Jan 12, 2022
Kperogi is a PDP clown critic so this is expected from him.

PDP and their minions keep giving Tinubu free publicity at the expense of their own options of candidate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by Odin13: 11:01am On Jan 12, 2022
Something Yoruba people are yet to understand

They think Tinubu is contesting for Yoruba state Governor.

Mc olumo campaiginng for Tinubu.. a real joke

21 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by Maxymilliano(m): 11:02am On Jan 12, 2022
This will be the most interesting and unpredictable election cycle in Nigeria's history.

But one thing is certain

7 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by slimghost(m): 11:07am On Jan 12, 2022
The fact that we are even discussing a Tinubu presidency tells you all you need to know about the future of Nigeria.
Any serious young man should be thinking of leaving this country for his own good.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by freshkpomo(m): 11:14am On Jan 12, 2022
tongue

I watch a show today on TV.

I heard Tinubu said he will continue from the foundation Buhari built.. do you mean he is coming to give us Buhari suffering pro max? Herdsmen killing version 2?

Let me also remind you that Osinbajo is part of this evil government, and if he wins people from this government will also be part of his cabinet.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi by JosephXavier: 11:14am On Jan 12, 2022
2022 will be a very interesting and dicey year

Never run out of airtime, never run out of data

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDDC: How Akpabio Moved Against Oshiomhole, Sylva, Omo-Agege / Return Of Benin Artefacts: Obaseki Hosts German Officials In Benin / APC Mega Rally in Bayelsa State.... Live On AIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.