Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer (30584 Views)

Amaechi: I Am Afraid Of Wike, I Will Never Go Back To Rivers State / 2023 Presidency: The "Cabal" Has Rejected Tinubu And Osinbajo - Kperogi / Patrick Obahiagbon Gets Senatorial Ticket After Kneeling Down To Beg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Salvador1: 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2022
The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, on Friday, revealed that the All Progressive Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, wooed him to join the ruling party with a senatorial ticket.

He said the former Lagos State governor offered him the ticket after the Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, failed to fulfill his promise after he emerged as the PDP’s presidential flagbearer.

He, however, said he turned down the offer and insisted that he would remain in the main opposition party despite his grievances, adding that he never contested the primary to settle for a vice-presidential or senatorial ticket.

“I didn’t contest so I can become a vice presidential candidate, I am not like others who were not serious and bought senatorial form alongside presidential form and that’s why when Tinubu offered me senate slot, I didn’t go for it,’’ wike said during an ongoing media parly in Port Harcourt.

The PUNCH had on July 8 2022 reported that some governors elected under the platform of APC met with Wike in Porth Harcourt, Rivers State’s capital ahead of the 2023 elections.

The governors include Kayode Fayemi; Rotimi Akeredolu and Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Ekiti, Ondo, and Lagos States respectively.

Others in their entourage include the Ekiti State Governor-elect, Biodun Oyebanji; former Ekiti State governor and Peoples Democratic Party chieftain, Ayodele Fayose, among others.

Before the APC governors’ visit, there had been reports that the APC candidate, Bola Tinubu, and Wike met in France. The reports were, however, debunked by the former Lagos State governor’s media aide, Tunde Rahman, who described them as “fake news”.

The PUNCH reported that the APC governors may have banked on the fallout of Wike with PDP leadership after the main opposition party’s presidential primary to woo the Rivers governor to their side ahead of the 2023 presidential election.

https://punchng.com/i-rejected-tinubus-senatorial-ticket-offer-wike/

11 Likes

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Racoon(m): 12:58pm On Sep 23, 2022
Anyway politics is all about horse trading.Wike better never enter any deal with Tinubu because sane and determined people are going to reject him and the devilish regime the APC will want to enthrone.

How can a party that has bastardized the economy, allowed insecurity to fester uncontrollably, kept students at home for more than half a year get votes from the same people who have been denied their right to education? The same group of Nigerians, who have no jobs, people who are pauperised, how can they vote for the APC?

How can the youths, whose parents and relatives, have been killed by terrorists and bandits, who have been displaced, give their votes again to failed promises? This must be a case of Stockholm syndrome but it must not happen.

139 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2022
I would have loved wike to be the candidate for PDP

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by lhordspy: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
With Due respect, Sometimes am always tempted to say GOV. Nyesom Wike talks too much like a baby, a little child who just started putting words together. Chattering away, lost in an undisturb ecstasy realm created for himself, mindless of the chaos in the world.

No matter how right he is on this Ayu's chairmanship matter. With my small experience in life, one doesnt have to keep approaching every little matter in an aggressive way, 'Gbas gbos' here and there. Talking Non-challantly without any form of control,decorum and modesty

It will always end up with more enemies queueing behind the already enough ones, People not taking you serious. And lots of betrayers.

The Election will come and go, the spotlight will die off eventually. The only thing left will be just wike and lots of enemies.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Salvador1: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2022
So all these London meeting is for tinubu and APC to give wike senatorial tickets. Asin...

I ask why didn't Tinubu promised wike by stepping down so he can become APC presidential candidate.
Tinubu na full time mumu man ooo.

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Salvador1: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2022
Nlfpmod lalasticlala seun.
Put this in front page let's discuss something.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Kingozymandias(m): 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2022
lhordspy:
Bxb

Wike is a rambunctious immature man. If at all Asiwaju made this offer must he talk about it publicly?!! Gosh what a Talkative!!. angry

Atiku dodged a bullet not picking this one as his running mate

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Salvador1: 1:07pm On Sep 23, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Wike is a rambunctious immature man. If at all Asiwaju made this offe rmust he talk publicly. Talkative.

Atiku dodged a bullet not picking this one as running mate
but you want him to be saying atifku own publicly.

Hypocrisy is a disease.

138 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Bobloco: 1:09pm On Sep 23, 2022
wike the wiked

9 Likes

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by mrvitalis(m): 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2022
The truth is APC have nothing to offer wike ... absolutely nothing backing APC would mean his governorship candidate would most likely lose

Tinubu can't ask Ameachi candidate to step down for wikes candidate for his own ambition

The only person wike can have a deal with is labour party ... because wike knows that working for obi would get his Candidate favour in the minds of Obidients

Not having a structure is obi biggest advantage in this coming election

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Kingozymandias(m): 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2022
Salvador1:
but you want him to be saying atifku own publicly.

Hypocrisy is a disease.

I do not understand what you mean. I am not a Tinubu supporter, I stan Peter obi but I prefer class and decorum in all things

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Truthisunique2: 1:26pm On Sep 23, 2022
So all these tinubu people noise na senate slot Dem fit offer wike abi

Someone that has governor candidate

Like fayose and the likes wike doesn't have anywhere going, na apc e dey use catch cruise

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Macphenson: 1:28pm On Sep 23, 2022
Why do I have a feeling that Wike will soon be obedient. He rejected Tinubu's offer, he is at logger heads with Atiku.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by LegendHero(m): 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wike my man. After Asiwaju, Wike is the next Southern politician I will always give my respect.

Rejecting Senatorial ticket do not necessarily mean rejecting Asiwaju. The only alternative Wike can support if he is not supporting Atiku is Tinubu because he stand to gain more from a Tinubu in power than anybody else aside Atiku.

I also like how he made reference to Tinubu being the last man standing who survived the storm during his discussion with Rivers PDP Excos yesterday. Right from time, Wike has always respected Tinubu and I am pretty sure he will give the needed tactical support.

Asiwaju do not need to win Rivers. Far far from it, what we need is to make sure we get the minimum 25% and that PDP will not be able to get bloc votes. Rivers & Delta are very important to PDP in the South. Take those bloc vote from those states away and PDP will collapse.

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2022
Salvador1:
So all these London meeting is for tinubu and APC to give wike senatorial tickets. Asin...

I ask why didn't Tinubu promised wike to step down so he can become APC presidential candidate.
Tinubu is funny, Wike that decided the 3 Senate tickets in Rivers

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Okoroawusa: 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2022
Wike didn't say this. I watched the media chat from beginning to the end.

Mynd44 and Seun what kind of fake news is this?

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2022
LegendHero:
When we told you all apc and tinubu have nothing to offer wike

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by LegendHero(m): 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
When we told you all apc and tinubu have nothing to offer wike

You are still a kid.

Nothing Wike said negate him working for Asiwaju if he wants to. He said he does not want to be a Senator, that does not mean there are no other bargaining tool.

Go and ask your leaders in the SE, they will tell you who Asiwaju is especially when talking about negotiating abilities.

Wetin Wike wan gain for Peter Obi hand? Person wey no fit win and still won't help Wike future political goals. Who be Paul Obi in the scheme of things? The GCE holder or which one? Peter Obi is not in their network, in politics network matters.

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Otuegbe: 1:43pm On Sep 23, 2022
Tell us what obi offered you. Abi "I no dey give shishi " also affected you
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by femisplash: 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2022
A very reasonable offer from Tinubu. Less than 7 months time, Wike becomes an ordinary individual with no relevance both at state and party level. A more reasonable way of keeping him in reckoning would have been through senatorial position, that was same offer that was given to the likes of Saraki & co who were second term Governors who at the time joined APC.
I love the fact that Tinubu wasn't promising Wike any bigger position closer to power over APC loyal members. What we have today is unknown people who never worked for the emergence of APC being appointed into corridors of power over loyal members who worked for the party.
Tinubu would surely be rewarding loyalty.

115 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by BATified2023: 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2022
Racoon:
Anyway politics is all about horse trading.Wike better never enter any deal with Tinubu because sane and determined people are going to reject him and the devilish regime the APC will want to enthrone.

How can a party that has bastardized the economy, kept students at home for more than half a year get votes from the same people who have been denied their right to education? The same group of Nigerians, who have no jobs, people who are pauperised, how can they vote for the APC?

How can the youths, whose parents and relatives, have been killed by terrorists and bandits, who have been displaced, give their votes again to failed promises? This is simply impossible.
hope u remember lecturers went on 6 months strike during pandora governance in anambra?

Do u remember him tu lie increased ANSU tuition fee by 70% n u also said education isn’t meant for d poor so in terms of education how is he different from d buhari u criticize?

Hope u know anambarians we’re more jobless during pandora tenure that Obiano had to campaign with it?

So u expect all of us that saw the awkuzu n ezu river massacre to still vote your killer man?

U are a joke cos the same thing u want to criticize buhari with was done by your pandora him tu lie

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by BATified2023: 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2022
Salvador1:

I ask why didn't Tinubu promised wike to step down so he can become APC presidential candidate.
if tinubu na mumu who know your wise father?

I can bet he’s not even known on your street

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by AdamuKD: 1:50pm On Sep 23, 2022
grin
Tilumbu with bribe
Thunder please where you dey right now?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by BATified2023: 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2022
mrvitalis:
The truth is APC have nothing to offer wike ... absolutely nothing backing APC would mean his governorship candidate would most likely lose

Tinubu can't ask Ameachi candidate to step down for wikes candidate for his own ambition

The only person wike can have a deal with is labour party ... because wike knows that working for obi would get his Candidate favour in the minds of Obidients

Not having a structure is obi biggest advantage in this coming election
igbos n delusion

The big guns know for sure it’s between tinubu n atiku,it is u inconsequential nincoompoops that are seeing your pandora as a man that matters

U don ever see any reasonable person talk about your pandora before?

110 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Salvador1: 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2022
BATified2023:
if tinubu na mumu who know your wise father?

I can bet he’s not even known on your street

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2022
Kingozymandias:

I do not understand what you mean. I am not a Tinubu supporter, I stan Peter obi but I prefer class and decorum in all things

Politics is a survival of the fittest not gentleman game
Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by BATified2023: 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2022
Macphenson:
Why do I have a feeling that Wike will soon be obedient. He rejected Tinubu's offer, he is at logger heads with Atiku.
put your feelings in check bro,this is matter for real men n not love

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
BATified2023:
igbos n delusion

The big guns know for sure it’s between tinubu n atiku,it is u inconsequential nincoompoops that are seeing your pandora as a man that matters

U don ever see any reasonable person talk about your pandora before?

How many bullets dey inside the big guns? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by saintkel(m): 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
Tinubu in d mud

2 Likes

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by Afamsi: 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
This testimony by wike shows that Tinubu is the physical expression of Corruption in Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I rejected Tinubu’s senatorial ticket offer by ShaqFu: 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
John Wike on the beat! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You’ll Be Lucky To Escape Lawsuit, Tinubu’s Team Tells Chimamanda Adichie / Tinubu's Backing Of Hilda Baci's Shows His Vision For Nigeria - Omo-Ikirodah / Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.