Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria (28716 Views)

Get Your Health More And More Better Now With Hygiene Made Winter Bedsheets / Why Black Men Need To Take Their Mental Health More Seriously / Ban On Codeine: Lagos Unveils Comprehensive Strategy To Address Mental Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Mom007(f): 6:57pm On Jan 12, 2022
Excuse me. So you could park your car and walk back after the guy called you to say he couldn't find the keys but you couldn't park your car to hand him the keys like one would do to a fellow human being instead of throwing it on the floor for him to pick as if he was a sub human! The time you didn't want to waste showing simple courtesy and dignifying your fellow man, did you not waste that and more looking for the key and trying to gain entrance into your locked office? Na waa o. What did you say is the topic of this your thread again?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2022
Felimax:
Lagos and the funny stories and mad experience. Thank God I am no longer there. Port Harcourt is better at least with better pay also.
We were inside a bus at Alen junction about to leave for Iyana-ipaja when we started looking for the owner of a big traveling bag who we suspected is also a passenger in the bus, for almost 10 mins nobody could lay claim to the bag, so we decided to give it out or just leave it by the bus stop there that was when this man screamed that he is the owner of the bag.
All the while we were looking for the owner he has been with us but his mind very far away. I felt it.

Lol bro which ph? Na japa I wan japa comot from this place go lag after my service, this place dry abeg

1 Like

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Comedian2019: 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2022
Thank God I have left Lagos. Wereys everywhere.
I once asked one innocent looking young man where a particular junction is (not knowing I was at the junction already). He told me to go ahead, that I will pass two more junctions, that the third one is the junction.
To reconfirm, I asked a woman selling paraga how far is that junction from where I was, she then told me I was already there, that the bus I would take to Agege is just across the street.
I then discovered that the innocent looking man is far from innocent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by bakesntakes(m): 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ishilove:
I opted to post this in the Health section because I realised, for the first time in all my years in Lagos (and that is my entire life) that many are mad in Lagos but few are are confined in asylums. We don't take mental health seriously enough in Nigeria.

I had left office around 5.30 pm and had not gone far when a junior colleague called me that he had left his entire earthly possessions back in the office, vis his house keys, wallet and phone and the admin office was closed. His excuse was he did not know I would be leaving early. After blasting him for his lackadaisical attitude, I told him where to meet me to get my keys. I was already in transit and the traffic was rapidly moving and If he hurried he would meet me at the traffic light before it turned green.

He drove halfway and had to run the remaining half because of the traffic. He was just about 45 seconds away from me and I could see his approaching form, but the lights had changed to green and we were about moving, so I quickly tossed the bunch of keys on a horizontal signboard on the road median. The dude got to me just as we were about to cross and I yelled at him to go back and check the board. He nodded and ran back.

To my chagrin and ongoing bafflement, he called me back that there were no keys on the board. I told him to check properly, on the sides and even under the board. He rang off, and then called back some minutes later, insisting that he couldn't find any keys. I was forced to alight half way and go back to the junction where all these drama was unfolding. I thought my eyes were paining me when I checked and discovered that the bunch of keys had grown legs and run off in the 45 seconds/ 1 minute it took for my colleague to reach the point where I had tossed the keys.

That is how me and this boy started rigmaroling the road median like construction workers, searching through dirt and grass for my large, shiny bunch of keys that had mysteriously disappeared in plain sight. After about 30 minutes of fruitlessly searching even in portions of the median that I knew I had passed before that fateful toss, we were forced to give up after admitting to ourselves that a Lagosian had seen me tossing the keys and immediately pounced on them like the lunatic he was.

Kai, it is still paining my spirit, soul and body. cry

My question now is this: what is anyone going to do with a bunch of keys that is totally useless to him? What?

There is a legion of lunatics roaming freely on this streets of the Gidi. undecided

You tired of spending so much money on airtime and data?

Earn free airtime and cash by taking surveys.

No payment needed for registration

Follow link in signature and sign up now
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Felimax(m): 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
Senomi:

Lol bro which ph? Na japa I wan japa comot from this place go lag after my service, this place dry abeg
Goodluck!
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by teemy(m): 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
@ Ishilove, confirm if anyone is tailing you home. Same for your friend. Tell him to watch for if someone is trailing him.

Ishilove, It would also be a good idea to tell the neighbors to be on the lookout for any funny face entering your place tomorrow when you leave for wok

1 Like

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Felimax(m): 7:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
Comedian2019:
Thank God I have left Lagos. Wereys everywhere.
I once asked one innocent looking young man where a particular junction is (not knowing I was at junction already). He told me to go ahead, that will pass
Laff wan finish me. That Lagos for you. Home of almost very mad people.
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Allisgud: 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2022
That's lunacy plus wickedness
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Elsueno: 7:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
Felimax:
Lagos and the funny stories and mad experience. Thank God I am no longer there. Port Harcourt is better at least with better pay also.
We were inside a bus at Alen junction about to leave for Iyana-ipaja when we started looking for the owner of a big traveling bag who we suspected is also a passenger in the bus, for almost 10 mins nobody could lay claim to the bag, so we decided to give it out or just leave it by the bus stop there that was when this man screamed that he is the owner of the bag.
All the while we were looking for the owner he has been with us but his mind very far away. I felt it.

I did something similar, parked my car behind the person & went into a close by eatery....after a while, the owner of the car I blocked came in & was shouting pls who is the owner of so so car with so so plate No...He even came close to where I was eating, I am seeing & hearing him, but my mind didn't process the information till he left...I was like, isn't that my car...I quickly ran out & apologize grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Felimax(m): 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
Tallesty1:
And the title of the book I dropped before opening this thread is nearly all the men in lagos are mad
The day one lastma official lay on top my boss bonnet na that day na me know say almost everybody for Lagos na mad. Na so my boss just dey carry the guy dey go for Allen round about. The guy fly comot. God thank you o

1 Like

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Highorbit7O16: 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
I was at Ojota the other day n this happened in my bus
Driver : Se e dami duro ni?
Conductor : Emi kor o. Oloshi kan lo fi igi gba moto.

Why will that guy try to immitate the conductors way of letting driver know when to stop the bus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Felimax(m): 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
Elsueno:

I did something similar, parked my car behind the person & went into a close by eatery....after a while, the owner of the car I blocked came in & was shouting pls who is the owner of so so car with so so plate No...He even came close to where I was eating, I am seeing & hearing him, but my mind didn't process the information till he left...I was like, isn't that my car...I quickly ran out & apologize grin
grin grin grin una wan kill me with laff! I beg o.

1 Like

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Originalsly: 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2022
Bro.... this has nothing to do with madness. Lagos is a big city... too many people ... too much competition ... few opportunities... hard times. People.are "street smart" .....you may be "book smart" ... but not street smart. The average Lagosian will not do what you did because of exactly what happened to you. What can he do with the bunch of keys?... nothing.... wickedness. The person who snatched the keys was in the shadows watching you.... waiting for you to offer a reward to anyone who can find them. Did you? I bet you didn't.... not street smart. Even N1000 would do. Again... whoever took them is street smart ... not mad.

4 Likes

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by gnykelly(m): 7:16pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ishilove:
I opted to post this in the Health section because I realised, for the first time in all my years in Lagos (and that is my entire life) that many are mad in Lagos but few are are confined in asylums. We don't take mental health seriously enough in Nigeria.

I had left office around 5.30 pm and had not gone far when a junior colleague called me that he had left his entire earthly possessions back in the office, vis his house keys, wallet and phone and the admin office was closed. His excuse was he did not know I would be leaving early. After blasting him for his lackadaisical attitude, I told him where to meet me to get my keys. I was already in transit and the traffic was rapidly moving and If he hurried he would meet me at the traffic light before it turned green.

He drove halfway and had to run the remaining half because of the traffic. He was just about 45 seconds away from me and I could see his approaching form, but the lights had changed to green and we were about moving, so I quickly tossed the bunch of keys on a horizontal signboard on the road median. The dude got to me just as we were about to cross and I yelled at him to go back and check the board. He nodded and ran back.

To my chagrin and ongoing bafflement, he called me back that there were no keys on the board. I told him to check properly, on the sides and even under the board. He rang off, and then called back some minutes later, insisting that he couldn't find any keys. I was forced to alight half way and go back to the junction where all these drama was unfolding. I thought my eyes were paining me when I checked and discovered that the bunch of keys had grown legs and run off in the 45 seconds/ 1 minute it took for my colleague to reach the point where I had tossed the keys.

That is how me and this boy started rigmaroling the road median like construction workers, searching through dirt and grass for my large, shiny bunch of keys that had mysteriously disappeared in plain sight. After about 30 minutes of fruitlessly searching even in portions of the median that I knew I had passed before that fateful toss, we were forced to give up after admitting to ourselves that a Lagosian had seen me tossing the keys and immediately pounced on them like the lunatic he was.

My question now is this: what is anyone going to do with a bunch of keys that is totally useless to him? What?

There is a legion of lunatics roaming freely on this streets of the Gidi. undecided

Exactly. You should not isolate yourself from this melee. You need to visit somewhere like London and observe yourself how you behave to know that Lagos is also in you.

3 Likes

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Cleanworld(f): 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
Mom007:
Excuse me. So you could park your car and walk back after the guy called you to say he couldn't find the keys but you couldn't park your car to hand him the keys like one would do to a fellow human being instead of throwing it on the floor for him to pick as if he was a sub human! The time you didn't want to waste showing simple courtesy and dignifying your fellow man, did you not waste that and more looking for the key and trying to gain entrance into your locked office? Na waa o. What did you say is the topic of this your thread again?
So you know no say na were first dey call people were ni? grin undecided

2 Likes

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by ElijahIme1992(m): 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2022
Looooooooooool sorry Op I know it's painful but ur story just make me dey laff....
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
ShaqFu:
Nope, it's not lunacy, it is wickedness. I'm very sure the person who took it saw you throw it to that guy and this was his or her way of showing you their true colours.
And most lagosians are wicked like that. That is why I fail to see anything attractive about living there. Imagine getting lost and people on the streets misleading you.
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
With your story I think na you need to check yourself up...
If you had parked and give him the key you won't have lost the key...
You are driving while you toss the key to the board... The key might have fallen somewhere coz javelin thrower self can tell you the accurate place the javelin is going to land... grin

1 Like

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2022
Typical example:
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
g
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Irupetepete: 7:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
ednut1:
Topic does not relate with the post na
imagine say this kin thing happen to you for Calgary
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by AquaPetals(f): 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ogbeni, why didn't you alight and give him the keys? Hand to hand?
Where art thou rushing to?
Now you have ended up wasting hours also lossing the key in process.
You Are actually the one who needs mental evaluation. Both you and your colleague.

11 Likes

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Tallesty1(m): 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2022
Piekna:

Worthwhile book
Yes. It's hard to stop once you start.
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by duro4chang(m): 7:41pm On Jan 12, 2022
Tallesty1:
And the title of the book I dropped before opening this thread is nearly all the men in lagos are mad
Your book is a liar.
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by afroxyz: 7:43pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ishilove:

Only the way lagosians drive would tell you about the mental state of people

1 Like

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by emaskocoded(m): 7:48pm On Jan 12, 2022
Tallesty1:

Pls is it the soft copy you have, I've been trying to download it but can't find it
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2022
If this was a naija movie I would say your friend took the key but pretended not to take it so he can loot, and the blame will be on you.
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2022
DesChyko:
Omo.. In the right place and time, everybody in Lagos is mad laidis lipsrsealed

Imagine the thoughts in the minds of passers-by who saw you and your colleague going about your business while searching grin
They have taken mkpurummri cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by Piekna(f): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2022
Tallesty1:
Yes. It's hard to stop once you start.

Yeah, haven’t had such an engrossing read in a while
Re: We Need To Take Mental Health More Seriously In Nigeria by thelegend1(m): 7:59pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ishilove:

I will suggest you evaluate your mental health before labeling others lunatics. You couldn't spare 5 mins to park by the road and give your colleague the Keys in hand, and was eventually delayed for over 30 minutes. Yet you came here to rant and blame someone else.
I'm very sure you would've waited and even bought gala and coke (to offer the person) if it was your boss or senior colleague.

Are you related to or mentored by Buhari? Quit with your double standards.

Take responsibility for once as an adult!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Foods That Benefits The Body, But Harm The Teeth. / Girl Burnt By Hot Water Dies After Battling With Serious Injuries. Photos / Ayeni Adeyemi David dies while trying to save electrocuted neighbor. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.