Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. (19113 Views)

. / Clinton Again Fingers Extreme Poverty As The Root Cause Of Extremism And Terror / Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by BetaThings: 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

In the light of such marvelous truth, the LOVE of GOD that he should send his one and only SON to die for your sins, YET YOU CONTINUE to follow after DEATH and DESTRUCTION!!!

You cannot on the last day LIE that you never heard about JESUS and his offer of SALVATION to you.

Islam is inherently destructive and violent in nature, even a baby can confirm this is true.

Repent now before it is too late.

But if you reject GOD , I am afraid what you will find waiting for you after death are not virgins, dates, wine and milk BUT HELL FIRE itself.
And christianity is peaceful? which version, which country?
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Sagamite(m): 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2011
abubello:

sagamite

So  al l the palestinians killed were killede at war?

No 1, let me make it clear that I am not saying Palestinians are not facing injustice.

No 2, most times the killing of Palestinians is during conflict, they are not some sitting ducks being killed for their religion or being non-believers (basically they are not being killed in the name of religion). They have some reetards intentionally killing innocents of people more powerful than them who then retaliate.

No 3, these Palestinians killed during conflict, not for religion will not compare to the amount killed by Islamic fundamentalists who think their religion is disrespected and kill for religion.

LagosShia:

first let me ask you to get a dictionary.secondly i will present to your the verse in question in different Quran translations.lastly,i will present to you the the commentary by a famous Quranic exegesis.

Pickthall:
Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.

Yusuf Ali:
Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.

English Quranic Commentary on Verse 2:190 by Ayatollah Agha Mehdi Pooya:

I must first say that I struggle to understand all these religious stuff written in Arabic. My concentration goes quick. You can make my life much easier by trying to interpret in simple English as often as you can.

From my understanding so far, are you saying the Quran terms "hostilities" that justifies "self-defence" through violence/fight as aggression, transgression, and ascribing falsehood to Allah and His last prophet?

These "aggression, transgression, and ascribing falsehood to Allah and His last prophet" are what is termed as oppression, persecution, seduction by the Quran?
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Sagamite(m): 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2011
LagosShia:

"Violence And Christianity Again"!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-697223.0.html

mind you,the wars started by bush were started based on his religious conviction.he termed the war on afghanistan a "crusade".also what is known as israel is called a "jewish state" with the help of big brother america and the christian/atheist west.

Why are you showing me this?

Are they killing each other because they believe their religion tells them to do it as a religious duty?

In regards to your Bush statement, don't feed me with the propagandish rubbish you have been fed.

Don't try it.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by LagosShia: 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2011
Sagamite:

I must first say that I struggle to understand all these religious stuff written in Arabic. My concentration goes quick. You can make my life much easier by trying to interpret in simple English as often as you can.
there is no single word written in arabic in my post except if i am blind.

From my understanding so far, are you saying the Quran terms "hostilities" that justifies "self-defence" through violence/fight as aggression, transgression, and ascribing falsehood to Allah and His last prophet?

These "aggression, transgression, and ascribing falsehood to Allah and His last prophet 2 are what is termed as oppression, persecution, seduction by the Quran?

why do you try hard to be irrational?

where does the verse say "ascribing falsehood to Allah and His last prophet" is termed as aggression?

in verse 2:190,"hostilities,aggression and transgression" refers to physical assault or a declaration of war.if you read well what i posted you will not find it hard to see.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by MyJoe: 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2011
Evil_Brain:
I can't believe the sort of childish, nursery school arguments the muslims on this thread are using to defend their religion. Like "but, but, Richard the Lionheart was a christian and he killed people" or "see the violence in the US, and they're christians". Its really pathetic.

If you people had an ounce of sense, you would look at the mountain of evidence, admit you have a problem and start thinking of what little things you can do to fix it. Instead, you're pointing at others like a bunch of four year olds.

The first step on the road to a solution is acknowledging that there is a problem. From what I've seen from you people, Islam is going to remain a violent religion for a very long time. Pity.
You have said it all in this post. I specifically took up this Vodaxcool fellow on the "you-are-a-thief", "ehen-you-nko-you-no-be-thief" approach and all I got was crass illogicalities, going on and on about Bible and USA and Christians being violent. You get the sense these guys can't even appreciate there is a problem they need to find a solution to. You try to discuss religious violence in the 21st century with a supposedly educated adult man and he tells you Joshua killed people 3000 years ago or that the US government has bombed people! It's a pity, indeed.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by LagosShia: 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2011
Sagamite:

Why are you showing me this?

Are they killing each other because they believe their religion tells them to do it as a religious duty?

In regards to your Bush statement, don't feed me with the propagandish rubbish you have been fed.

Don't try it.

oh, wait a minute!
when muslims whether rightly or wrongly commit any act of violence you ascribe it to his religion.right?but when catholics and protestants butcher themselves,"their religion does not tell them that".

no problem.i like the double-standard.now i will take up my bible and show you verses where the bible propagates violence.you have failed to do that with the Quran because the Quran clearly states conditions before a muslim is allowed to fight.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by BetaThings: 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2011
divinereal:

Still think Islam is just another religion?

Are you burning with the Peace of Islam?

So why don't you bring examples from Nigeria?
at least I would be able to relate to them
You would also do well to document incidents from countries that were fighting occupation (USSR, France) like Iraq was
failed societies (Rwanda - during the genocide and  Congo) and compare same to Pakistan and Somalia  

Who fought the Boer war?
Who started the rift between India and Pakistan
Christians have fought more wars than muslims = WWI and WWII
The holocaust was the handiwork of christians
Note these countries - Panama, Grenada, Cuba, Angola, Iraq, Vietnam, North Korea, Libya, Mexico
One christian country of just 300m people have invaded them all

When Germany toppled the French govt and occupied the country, CDG started sabotaging the Germans
He was supported by both Britain and the US and his movement was called the resistance
When Iraqis did that in 2003, the Iraqis were called insurgents
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Sagamite(m): 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2011
LagosShia:

there is no single word written in arabic in my post except if i am blind.

Maybe you need to go to specsavers.

- ghayrallah

- fitna

- surah

Frankly, after seeing those 3, I lost the will to live and could not go past the 2nd paragraph when I started seeing Shitim and Moab.

If they can not talk about Sagamu, Ijebu-ode, Ago Iwoye, Iperu and likes, honestly I am not interested.

LagosShia:

why do you try hard to be irrational?

where does the verse say "ascribing falsehood to Allah and His last prophet" is termed as aggression?

in verse 2:190,"hostilities,aggression and transgression" refers to physical assault or a declaration of war.if you read well what i posted you will not find it hard to see.

If I recall correctly, I asked you questions? As that is my understanding of this you provide when I asked you to detail what the Quran termed hostilities:

"The message of Islam is universal. From early times the Muslims were only permitted to fight in self defence. When there is no option, and in the face of persecution, however, the Muslims must fight. The strength of Islam lies in its certainty of ultimate victory over aggression, transgression, and ascribing falsehood to Allah and His last prophet. Fitna can mean oppression, persecution, seduction - all implying the "discord" that attachment with ghayrallah (other-than-Allah) brings about. It is used as in verse 217 of this surah - war is detestable but fitna is worse than slaughter. Islam promotes peace, order and harmony in the human society and keeps man on the right path. When the enemies of Islam found that the light of this message was sweeping darkness from every corner, the disbelievers vowed to annihilate it. It was only then that, no recourse being left for the believers, they had to resolutely take up the sword in defence. Verses 39 and 40 of al Hajj also give permission to fight when any people is wronged, oppressed and persecuted.
If Numbers 25: 1 to 3 and 31: 7 to 18 in the Old Testament are read carefully one comes to the conclusion that when the Israelites, in Shitim, began to worship the gods of Moab the Lord God asked Moses to "take all the leaders of the people and hurl them down to their death before the Lord."

Now answer the question.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by LagosShia: 1:58pm On Jun 28, 2011
MyJoe:

You have said it all in this post. I specifically took up this Vodaxcool fellow on the "you-are-a-thief", "ehen-you-nko-you-no-be-thief" approach and all I got was crass illogicalities, going on and on about Bible and USA and Christians being violent. You get the sense these guys can't even appreciate there is a problem they need to find a solution to. You try to discuss religious violence in the 21st century with a supposedly educated adult man and he tells you Joshua killed people 3000 years ago or that the US government has bombed people! It's a pity, indeed.

here is your call for a "mature" discussion on what the problem is:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-659269.0.html
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Sagamite(m): 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2011
LagosShia:

oh, wait a minute!
when muslims whether rightly or wrongly commit any act of violence you ascribe it to his religion.right?but when catholics and protestants butcher themselves,"their religion does not tell them that".

no problem.i like the double-standard.now i will take up my bible and show you verses where the bible propagates violence.you have failed to do that with the Quran because the Quran clearly states conditions before a muslim is allowed to fight.

Don't wait a minute, take 10 minutes and get your English right.

WHEN muslims commit any act of violence because he feels his religion requires him or it is his religious duty it is ALWAYS, muthafcking ALWAYS, wrongly. Never use rightly, that is the mentality that is a problem. The passive support!

When you provide catholics and protestants butchering themselves as religious duty/command/edict, then you have a good basis of comparison.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2011
MyJoe:

thats true. they are bunch of fools snd the world know them so.
killing in the name of allah is heir second name.

whats the difference btw osama and their prophet
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by BetaThings: 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2011
Sagamite:

Stop chatting shyt!

How can you compare deaths in war with someone waking up and going to kill people because they are kafirs or he feels his religion has been disrespected?

You can as well compare deaths in war to death in armed robbery, you will make better sense.

Go and take a census of those killed in recent times in the name of religion and you will see all other religions combined is nowhere near Islamic fundamentalist murders.
Death in war may be relevant where it is targeted at people of a certain race or religion
If I started a war specifically at christians, it is different from armed robbery which is likely to be targeted at everyone
It is worrying when people who should know that extremists exist in every religion use the actions of extremists to judge a religion
Without any doubt, if I say in the presence of Al-Qaida/Boko Haram members, what I say to people here, my life will be taken
Then who is the muslim? Me or Al-Qaida/Boko Haram
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by LagosShia: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2011
Sagamite:

Maybe you need to go to specsavers.
yet again those words are not written in arabic. do you understand that? those are arabic words you can read in English.if you don’t understand their meanings, then that is another thing.
“ghayrallah”=other than God
“Fitna”-discord,strife
“Surah”-Quranic chapter.

Frankly, after seeing those 3, I lost the will to live and could not go past the 2nd paragraph when I started seeing Shitim and Moab.
Shitim and Moab are not Arabic words. They are Hebrew. Moab is a name found in the bible.what do you expect me to do if you don’t even know your bible and the words found in it?

If I recall correctly, I asked you a question as that is my understanding of this you provide when I asked you to detail what the Quran termed hostilities:
Now answer the question.

The word “hostility” clear refers to an armed or violent assault.i have stated that.i can also provide you the verses in context to compliment verse 2:190 and also back my words:

"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by ovo4u(m): 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2011
I hate the 5 letter words [b]ISLAM [/b]talkless of even considering it as religion. Well i love my friends thought who are muslim but sometime i am afriad cos no one can trust any ISLAMIC man. cry cry cry This ISLAM people are contributing nothing to the world but just their useless f'**king BOMBING and foolish Sharia Law in norther Nigeria, If they really practise what they say about not drinking Alcohol, why don't they tell the Federal Government in Nigeria that they don't need that tax money from Alcohol (Beer)? Just look at Nigeria which has already so many responsibility to tackle with, just because of this f**king people we are set to go back and back cos of their Bombing. F.uck Boko Haram, F.uck Osama in Hell, f.uck Abdulmutallab's in US prison hole, i hope his ASS really get raped there and if you want to be there there with this ISLAM people who doesn't have anything to contribute to the World or Nigeria, then F.uck YOU too. I am tired of this Animals. We need peace in the World angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by MyJoe: 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2011
LagosShia:

here is your call for a "mature" discussion on what the problem is:

Thank you. I'm reading the opening post and I think it's a good write-up - so far.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2011
Islam, they say, means peace, but they kill and cuase violence claiming they are fighting for God. For me, I think the ulterior motive of the first muslims was to kill but how could they convince people to join them if they say they are out there to kill and to be cause violence? They could only achieve that by branding their evil desire to look good inorder to have more converts. As such, they called their religion ISLAM which ordinarily means peace but this is an outright contradiction! Just in a similar way NEPA was changed to PHCN yet their function and product is the same- BLACK OUT- NO ELECTRICITY!

Therefore, from the look of things and mode of operand of Islam (not minding the English meaning), it is a violent religion that is out there to get blood, kill in the name of jihad.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by ovo4u(m): 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2011
I hate the 5 letter words [b]ISLAM [/b]talkless of even considering it as religion. Well i love my friends thought who are muslim but sometime i am afriad cos no one can trust any ISLAMIC man. Cry Cry Cry This ISLAM people are contributing nothing to the world but just their useless f'**king BOMBING and foolish Sharia Law in norther Nigeria, If they really practise what they say about not drinking Alcohol, why don't they tell the Federal Government in Nigeria that they don't need that tax money from Alcohol (Beer)? Just look at Nigeria which has already so many responsibility to tackle with, just because of this f**king people we are set to go back and back cos of their Bombing. F.u.ck Boko Haram, F.u.ck Osama in Hell, F.u.ck Abdulmutallab's in US prison hole, i hope his As.s hole really get violated there and if you want to be there there with this ISLAM people who doesn't have anything to contribute to the World or Nigeria, then F.u.ck YOU too. I am tired of this Animals. We need peace in the World Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by LagosShia: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2011
the below is from a widely read and non-islamic source answering the insinuation that there is violence in the Holy Quran.

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?

Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter,  But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful,  If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).

It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties

A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them,  (as quoted above).
Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them,  for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-cool:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Sagamite(m): 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2011
BetaThings:

Death in war may be relevant where it is targeted at people of a certain race or religion
If I started a war specifically at christians, it is different from armed robbery which is likely to be targeted at everyone
It is worrying when people who should know that extremists exist in every religion use the actions of extremists to judge a religion
Without any doubt, if I say in the presence of Al-Qaida/Boko Haram members, what I say to people here, my life will be taken
Then who is the muslim? Me or Al-Qaida/Boko Haram

Who's fault do you think it is primarily that the actions of extremists is used to judge Islam?

LagosShia:

yet again those words are not written in arabic. do you understand that? those are arabic words you can read in English.if you don’t understand their meanings, then that is another thing.
“ghayrallah”=other than God
“Fitna”-discord,strife
“Surah”-Quranic chapter.

So you now see there are Arabic words in the text?

I struggle reading such. My concentration vamooses!

LagosShia:

Shitim and Moab are not Arabic words. They are Hebrew. Moab is a name found in the bible.what do you expect me to do if you don’t even know your bible and the words found in it?

No 1, you are silly to think I am a Xtian or read the Bible.

No 2, if it is not in Yoruba or English, or better still Ijebu, I am not interested. I get bored with the so-called "scriptures".

LagosShia:

The word “hostility” clear refers to an armed or violent assault.i have stated that.i can also provide you the verses in context to compliment verse 2:190 and also back my words:

"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter,  But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful,  If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).

So where do some muslims get their edict to kill because their religion is disrespected?

Where do muslim scholars get the guidance to order killing or support it because they feel the religion has been offended?

How is tumult and oppression worse than slaughter? Are those violent?
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by MyJoe: 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2011
Sagamite:

Who's fault do you think it is primarily that the actions of extremists is used to judge Islam?

So where do some muslims get their edict to kill because their religion is disrespected?

Where do muslim scholars get the guidance to order killing or support it because they feel the religion has been offended?

Thank you. I have asked the above, particularly the bolded, again and again. Let's see how Shia answers.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by LagosShia: 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2011
Sagamite:

you can find my answer here:

I think my posts in the above link should answer you. besides, there is nowhere in the Quran where Muslims are even ordered to kill for apostasy for instance. in contrast, the bible others everyone to be stoned!

Again,the link should answer you.

And this is what the Quran says about those who do not believe in islam and do not harm us:

(Qur'an 60:7-cool:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by BetaThings: 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2011
Sagamite:

What would you have me do? Go after Boko Haram/Al-Qaida with an axe
Most of the muslim preachers they kill are only guilty of calling them to the right path
I have never seen where suicide is permitted, but somebody (from Pak) once told me it is ok
I could not argue too much with him in a foreign country lest both of us rot in some foreign jail
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by BetaThings: 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2011
MyJoe:

Thank you. I have asked the above, particularly the bolded, again and again. Let's see how Shia answers.
While asking, did you provide a solution to Rev King's imposition of death penalty on fellow christians
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by MyJoe: 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2011
@LagosShia

Your attended is needed here
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2011
a bloody religion that turned good people to idiots.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by LagosShia: 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2011
[size=18pt]What The Bible Says About Stoning- Everybody must get stoned [/size]

For touching Mount Sinai
13There shall not an hand touch it, but he shall surely be stoned, or shot through; whether it be beast or man, it shall not live: when the trumpet soundeth long, they shall come up to the mount.
Exodus 19:13

For taking "accursed things"
Achan , took of the accursed thing. , And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. , So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger. Joshua 7:1-26

For cursing or blaspheming
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

For adultery (including urban despoil victims who fail to scream loud enough)
If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

For animals (like an ox that gores a human)
If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned. [b]Exodus 21:28

[b]For a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night

If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her , and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say , these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. , But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. Deuteronomy 22:13-21

For worshipping other gods
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , tone them with stones, till they die. Deuteronomy 17:2-5

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers , thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 13:5-10

For disobeying parents

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother , Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city , And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

For witches and wizards

A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27

For giving your children to Molech
Whosoever , giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones. Leviticus 20:2

For breaking the Sabbath
They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. , And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones, And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

For cursing the king
Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die. 1 Kings 21:10

ofcourse christians would tell me Jesus said this:
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.(John 8:7)

True,but Jesus also said this:

The Fulfillment of the Law 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

SO WHY DID JESUS SAY WHAT HE SAID IN JOHN 8?

the answer can be found here,in the preceeding verses of John 8:7:

They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

so why were they tempting him?

throughout,the pharisees keep bringing riddles and posers to Jesus.they want to either trap him breaking the law of Moses,or if he (Jesus) enforces it,they will then set him up with the roman authority.Jesus did not have political power,so why would they bring an accused woman for Jesus to punish her if their intentions were pure?Jesus knew that so he gave them the right answer and freed himself from the trap of both the jews and the romans and threw the ball back into their court.so it is wrong to say Jesus changed the law or was actually against enforcing the law based on john 8.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by ovo4u(m): 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2011
^^ Shut up and tell me where is this Rev King today? do you think majority of the christain have time for trash or bombing? get life boy and stop asking silly question, I can tell you without the help of Churches in the world, The world would have had another hardship. If you think am lieing then count how many social welfare those This silly Religions of yours does to help the poor people in the world? i don't just mean Nigeria alone. cry cry cry cryMumu Mallam people.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Sagamite(m): 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2011
LagosShia:

you can find my answer here:

You surely do not think I should go and read all that to get an answer to a simple question? undecided

Go and extract the relevant points and answer the question.

LagosShia:

I think my posts in the above link should answer you. besides, there is nowhere in the Quran where Muslims are even ordered to kill for apostasy for instance. in contrast, the bible others everyone to be stoned!
Again,the link should answer you.

And this is what the Quran says about those who do not believe in islam and do not harm us:

(Qur'an 60:7-cool:

I don't give a toss what some folktales say if no one is following it.

I give a toss when I see some people in he modern world commit evil atrocities in the name of religion.

I give a toss when a majority of their clique are silent or give passive support and there are platforms for so-called scholars to preach what you claim is not in your scriptures.

BetaThings:

What would you have me do? Go after Boko Haram/Al-Qaida with an axe
Most of the muslim preachers they kill are only guilty of calling them to the right path
I have never seen where suicide is permitted, but somebody (from Pak) once told me it is ok
I could not argue too much with him in a foreign country lest both of us rot in some foreign jail

Thank you. At least you get where we were heading to.

I doff my hat to the muslim preachers that sacrifice themselves for progress. I think if we had had more muslims like that right from time, Islam would not have been blackened and people would not have generalised.

This is the way forward:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-678977.64.html#msg8425417
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 28, 2011
@ Lagos shia,  cool

Please do tell and show me any christian that justified stoning according to the bible in this modern age.
Even if just one news excerpt  shocked
Google is your friend
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by nagoma(m): 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2011
Why is islam ls linked with violence? Because there is no Soviet Union. "We must to have another enemy. No need to invent a new one just dust up the crusades credentials and spread it wide. The black new christian converts will offer more zeal, hatred and enthusiasm in opposing the new old enemy - Islam." I imagine.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by LagosShia: 2:45pm On Jun 28, 2011
VIOLENCE IN THE BIBLE:

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.   (Zechariah 13:3)

Stand in silence in the presence of the Sovereign LORD, for the awesome day of the LORD's judgment has come.  The LORD has prepared his people for a great slaughter and has chosen their executioners.  "On that day of judgment," says the LORD, "I will punish the leaders and princes of Judah and all those following pagan customs.  Yes, I will punish those who participate in pagan worship ceremonies, and those who steal and kill to fill their masters' homes with loot.  "On that day," says the LORD, "a cry of alarm will come from the Fish Gate and echo throughout the newer Mishneh section of the city. And a great crashing sound will come from the surrounding hills.  Wail in sorrow, all you who live in the market area, for all who buy and sell there will die.  "I will search with lanterns in Jerusalem's darkest corners to find and punish those who sit contented in their sins, indifferent to the LORD, thinking he will do nothing at all to them.  They are the very ones whose property will be plundered by the enemy, whose homes will be ransacked.  They will never have a chance to live in the new homes they have built.  They will never drink wine from the vineyards they have planted.  "That terrible day of the LORD is near.  Swiftly it comes – a day when strong men will cry bitterly.  It is a day when the LORD's anger will be poured out.  It is a day of terrible distress and anguish, a day of ruin and desolation, a day of darkness and gloom, of clouds, blackness, trumpet calls, and battle cries. Down go the walled cities and strongest battlements!  "Because you have sinned against the LORD, I will make you as helpless as a blind man searching for a path.  Your blood will be poured out into the dust, and your bodies will lie there rotting on the ground."  Your silver and gold will be of no use to you on that day of the LORD's anger.  For the whole land will be devoured by the fire of his jealousy.  He will make a terrifying end of all the people on earth.   (Zephaniah 1:7:18)

Murder and Slavery:Now We know Why the Jews Want to Annhilate the Palestinians:

The tribe of Benjamin, however, failed to drive out the Jebusites, who were living in Jerusalem.  So to this day the Jebusites live in Jerusalem among the people of Benjamin.  The descendants of Joseph attacked the town of Bethel, and the LORD was with them.  They sent spies to Bethel (formerly known as Luz), who confronted a man coming out of the city.  They said to him, "Show us a way into the city, and we will have mercy on you."  So he showed them a way in, and they killed everyone in the city except for this man and his family.  Later the man moved to the land of the Hittites, where he built a city.  He named the city Luz, and it is known by that name to this day.  The tribe of Manasseh failed to drive out the people living in Beth-shan, Taanach, Dor, Ibleam, Megiddo, and their surrounding villages, because the Canaanites were determined to stay in that region.

When the Israelites grew stronger, they forced the Canaanites to work as slaves, but they never did drive them out of the land.  The tribe of Ephraim also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Gezer, and so the Canaanites continued to live there among them.  The tribe of Zebulun also failed to drive out the Canaanites living in Kitron and Nahalol, who continued to live among them. But they forced them to work as slaves.  The tribe of Asher also failed to drive out the residents of Acco, Sidon, Ahlab, Aczib, Helbah, Aphik, and Rehob.  In fact, because they did not drive them out, the Canaanites dominated the land where the people of Asher lived.  The tribe of Naphtali also failed to drive out the residents of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath. Instead, the Canaanites dominated the land where they lived.  Nevertheless, the people of Beth-shemesh and Beth-anath were sometimes forced to work as slaves for the people of Naphtali.  As for the tribe of Dan, the Amorites forced them into the hill country and would not let them come down into the plains.  The Amorites were determined to stay in Mount Heres, Aijalon, and Shaalbim, but when the descendants of Joseph became stronger, they forced the Amorites to work as slaves.   (Judges 1:21-35 )

Then, with Micah's idols and his priest, the men of Dan came to the town of Laish, whose people were peaceful and secure.  They attacked and killed all the people and burned the town to the ground.  There was no one to rescue the residents of the town, for they lived a great distance from Sidon and had no allies nearby.  This happened in the valley near Beth-rehob.Then the people of the tribe of Dan rebuilt the town and lived there.  They renamed the town Dan after their ancestor, Israel's son, but it had originally been called Laish.   (Judges 18:27-29)

Ten Thousand Murdered at God's Command

After Joshua died, the Israelites asked the LORD, "Which tribe should attack the Canaanites first?"  The LORD answered, "Judah, for I have given them victory over the land."  The leaders of Judah said to their relatives from the tribe of Simeon, "Join with us to fight against the Canaanites living in the territory allotted to us.  Then we will help you conquer your territory."  So the men of Simeon went with Judah.  When the men of Judah attacked, the LORD gave them victory over the Canaanites and Perizzites, and they killed ten thousand enemy warriors at the town of Bezek.  While at Bezek they encountered King Adoni-bezek and fought against him, and the Canaanites and Perizzites were defeated.  Adoni-bezek escaped, but the Israelites soon captured him and cut off his thumbs and big toes.  Adoni-bezek said, "I once had seventy kings with thumbs and big toes cut off, eating scraps from under my table.  Now God has paid me back for what I did to them."  They took him to Jerusalem, and he died there.  The men of Judah attacked Jerusalem and captured it, killing all its people and setting the city on fire.  (Judges 1:1-cool

Kill All of Babylon

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge!  Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD.  "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction".   (Jeremiah 50:21-22)

Family Killed

Then Zimri, who commanded half of the royal chariots, made plans to kill him.  One day in Tirzah, Elah was getting drunk at the home of Arza, the supervisor of the palace.  Zimri walked in and struck him down and killed him.  This happened in the twenty-seventh year of King Asa's reign in Judah.  Then Zimri became the next king.  Zimri immediately killed the entire royal family of Baasha, and he did not leave a single male child.  He even destroyed distant relatives and friends.  So Zimri destroyed the dynasty of Baasha as the LORD had promised through the prophet Jehu.  This happened because of the sins of Baasha and his son Elah and because of all the sins they led Israel to commit, arousing the anger of the LORD, the God of Israel, with their idols.  (1 Kings 16:9-13)

Exterminate 7 Nations

You must destroy all the nations the LORD your God hands over to you.  Show them no mercy and do not worship their gods.  If you do, they will trap you.  Perhaps you will think to yourselves, 'How can we ever conquer these nations that are so much more powerful than we are?'  But don't be afraid of them!  Just remember what the LORD your God did to Pharaoh and to all the land of Egypt.  Remember the great terrors the LORD your God sent against them.  You saw it all with your own eyes!  And remember the miraculous signs and wonders, and the amazing power he used when he brought you out of Egypt.  The LORD your God will use this same power against the people you fear.  And then the LORD your God will send hornets to drive out the few survivors still hiding from you!  "No, do not be afraid of those nations, for the LORD your God is among you, and he is a great and awesome God.  The LORD your God will drive those nations out ahead of you little by little.  You will not clear them away all at once, for if you did, the wild animals would multiply too quickly for you.  But the LORD your God will hand them over to you.  He will throw them into complete confusion until they are destroyed.  He will put their kings in your power, and you will erase their names from the face of the earth. No one will be able to stand against you, and you will destroy them all.   (Deuteronomy 7:16-24 )

Kill Everyone in 7 Nations

When the LORD your God brings you into the land you are about to enter and occupy, he will clear away many nations ahead of you: the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. These seven nations are all more powerful than you.  When the LORD your God hands these nations over to you and you conquer them, you must completely destroy them.  Make no treaties with them and show them no mercy.  Do not intermarry with them, and don't let your daughters and sons marry their sons and daughters.  They will lead your young people away from me to worship other gods.  Then the anger of the LORD will burn against you, and he will destroy you.  (Deuteronomy 7:1-4 )
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 28, 2011
^^

So how many christians actually follow this in the real sense.
Least we are able to differentiate between old and new testament.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / Can A Muslimah Touch A Man She Is Bethrothed To? / Hajj 2021: Only Saudi Arabia Residents And Citizens Can Partake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.