Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans (44287 Views)

Ayo Adebanjo Seeks Probe Of Tinubu's Source Of Wealth / APC Suspends Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Anti-Party Activity / The Moment Police Arrested Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Attack On Kwankwaso’s Convoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by osazsky(m): 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
christistruth01:

What if the Bullion Vans were carrying APC party Documents ?

Eg names and details of APC election observers Nationwide

It is the Party that Pays them

please remove truth from your monika..christis is better bros..abeg i go like smoke from the weed you are getting these inspirations from
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by prophetfire: 8:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Hahaha...Ruffy Baba is asking a pedestrian and near infantile question. I am not sure Seun Okinbaloye of Channels TV would ask such question that sounds like beer parlour discussion to the point the person being interviewed ignored him.

I just hope the media will take its job very serious as we approach 2023, to ask very important questions to empower the electorates on the quality of each candidate.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
That's the most important question that should be asked him. If you call it infantile, then you are a big problem to the country.

1 Like

Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by olatuns2017: 8:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
Sammydanny:
A heated exchange ensued on TV after the Director-General of Bola Tinubu Support Management Council, Abdulmumin Jibrin was asked about his principal’s age and how he amassed his wealth.

Arise TV journalist, Oseni Rufai who asked the question, stated that last he checked "Tinubu was an accountant at Mobil".

He further asked how the former Governor of Lagos could amass so much wealth that "he could afford a bullion van" prior to an election at his home.

Responding to the question, Jibrin refused to answer the question and stated that emphasis should be on what Tinubu has achieved, how he turned around the revenue of Lagos, and infrastructural development.

Watch the video below:

[flash=425,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OQp2u-BVDo[/flash]

Do we have journalists in Nigeria?

Answer is capital NO
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by ariesbull: 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Hahaha...Ruffy Baba is asking a pedestrian and near infantile question. I am not sure Seun Okinbaloye of Channels TV would ask such question that sounds like beer parlour discussion to the point the person being interviewed ignored him.

I just hope the media will take its job very serious as we approach 2023, to ask very important questions to empower the electorates on the quality of each candidate.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

You are thinking like the average yoruba man....
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by Pakute: 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2022
ityP:

Well, he was interested in becoming President. He didn't mind siding with the devil to achieve that. But he knows Tinubu is corrupt. Partly why he didn't use him as Vice
Stop fooling yourself by changing the narratives, the only reason Tinubu was substituted was the dilemma of a Muslim/Muslim ticket.
Besides, all politicians are corrupt including Buhari, none is exempted.
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by PaNnamdi: 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Sir,quit the scare mongering. Asiwaju Tinubu was the Executive Governor of my state for 8 solid years and it was from one progressive milestone after another and when those enemies of Nigeria you court and support withheld our state LG allocations, we kept our heads high and never bowed. It's still fresh in my mind till date,listening to same Asiwaju Tinubu you hate like PMB, because he is not from your tribe and religion,telling the worried LG workers that none of them will go hungry for a day and none of them will have his or her salary owed or delayed. Sir,Asiwaju Tinubu kept his word! Our state ,under the leadership of Asiwaju Tinubu, turned around the adversity, looked inwards, and used that opportunity to empower the private sector and in turn raised our IGR. By the time our allocations was released by the late HE Yardua, our then Governor, HE Fashola, had so much fund to turn our state into a construction site and in few months we were the 5th largest economy in Africa!
This is because we ,unlike your states, have a capable and competent leader in Asiwaju Tinubu.
If Asiwaju had messed up like most of your own Governors, today,we won't be so proud and happy and confident enough to support him. Asiwaju Tinubu earned our support, respect and admiration. We know his antecedents as a tireless hardworking and brilliant leader. Nigeria deserves such a leader who could transform Lagos so phenomenally but the tribal bitterness, bigotry and hatred in your heart is preventing you from making a fair and unbiased decision. I can't cure you of bitterness and bigotry but I can appeal to well meaning fellow Nigerians to please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.
Asiwaju Tinubu is extremely capable and competent to lead Nigeria to greater heights.
A vote for Asiwaju Tinubu is a vote for Excellence. We are known for Excellence in Lagos State and we will deliver same excellent service when Asiwaju Tinubu becomes the President.
All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. May God bless Nigeria forever

So as Nigerians we shouldnt question the character of who want to become our president.so because tinubu is a former governor of your state we should support him blindly like goats

u are attacking me and even labelled me a bigot because of simple question on the character of tinubu,u don't even know how to defend your client that you collected money from to defend.

Shame on you for supporting a man of questionable character as president.am sure u are among those zombies that voted this buhari into power.
Now I have a question for you
1)was tinubu not indicted for drugs trafficking YES or NO
2)does tinubu have the moral capacity to lead Nigeria from corruption YES or NO
3)what companies did tinubu have and how did he acquire his massive wealth by just been a governor?

Answer these my questions with facts and stop arguing like a intoxicated man at a bar.
if you FreeStuffsNG have a working brain answer these 3 questions.
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by thundafire: 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
If the questions were not pedestrian, Jibrin Abdulmumin, PhD, won't have ignored his question.
The age of Asiwaju Tinubu is in public domain and Asiwaju Tinubu has already addressed the unnecessary politicization of his right to procure services to get a secured cash to his house as a private citizen. Ruffy should be asking questions on emerging and serious issues that help us know how prepared Asiwaju' s team is for the job. I know a few of such questions but won't state them here but asking a campaign manager for the age of his principal for such important interview is useless and unproductive use of time. Hence, he was ignored on that question.
Those whose only political strategy for winning election is by deploying lies, bigotry and tribal bitterness will lose las las. They always lose but still never learn because their hearts are filled with bitterness.
My appeal goes to the media to be serious minded. Nigerians rely on them to grill the candidates on serious issues of governance.

Please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu. Asiwaju Tinubu is extremely capable and competent to lead Nigeria to greater heights. God bless Nigeria forever.
Tinubu daughter is 62 and BAT himself is 68 can u explain more,he also have children that are elderly yet why did he change his age on Wikipedia and his public media guys are trying to show everyone na 68years. So he is just like buhari and will be a disaster and we shouldn't support old recycle men who have nothing to offer. Deadmeatgrill will surely love ur comment
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by ityP(m): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2022
Pakute:

Stop fooling yourself by changing the narratives, the only reason Tinubu was substituted was the dilemma of a Muslim/Muslim ticket.
Besides, all politicians are corrupt including Buhari, none is exempted.

Lmao. You don't know what you're saying. Same Muslim/Muslim ticket Tinubu would use or which? Same Muslim/Muslim ticket that Hell-Rufai asked Buhari about and he actively encouraged?
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by Latakia(f): 8:49pm On Jan 12, 2022
ityP:

Buhari and Atiku, a guy you lots call corrupt are also friends. Even the "corrupt" Goodluck is friends with him now. No wonder we're hearing rumors of GEJ's defection. Say something else
Eeyah maybe the rumours is from radio Biafra... And your Atiku was defeated blue and black with the combination of BAT and GMB upon all the dollars he spent and the ones he gave your suplme leada so as to lift the no erection in southeast grin

But how did u see the picture of Bubu on how he received the incoming president inside the executive office compare to the Abakaliki man grin

1 Share

Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by rezy15(m): 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria forever.
You are Nigeria's enemy. A decade from now are you going to look your children in the eye and tell them you settled for mediocrity and a voted for a spent fowl like tinubu in a largely youthful nation? I would rather vote a weak minded sycophant like you than vote another empty gallon in 2023. When will Nigerians start craving sense?

1 Like

Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by Pakute: 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2022
ityP:

Lmao. You don't know what you're saying. Same Muslim/Muslim ticket Tinubu would use or which? Same Muslim/Muslim ticket that Hell-Rufai asked Buhari about and he actively encouraged?
Your brain should have told you an opposition party trying to upset the apple cart would never have flown a Muslim/Muslim ticket which would make it less attractive than the party in power with a Christian/Muslim ticket. Speculation about Muslim/Muslim ticket is less likely viable considering the religious plurality of the country.
Kaduna state is never a yard stick for the country. Elrufai is a bigot who uses the machinery of the state to spite the minority Christians of southern Kaduna. Abeg rest.
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by FreeStuffsNG: 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
rezy15:

[s]You are Nigeria's enemy. A decade from now are you going to look your children in the eye and tell them you settled for mediocrity and a voted for a spent fowl like tinubu in a largely youthful nation? I would rather vote a weak minded sycophant like you than vote another empty gallon in 2023. When will Nigerians start craving sense[/s]?
Full of bile and no single decency as usual. You will still lose las las. You lost against PMB and you always lose because your heart is full of bitterness and bigotry.

Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by naijapips02: 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
If the questions were not pedestrian, Jibrin Abdulmumin, PhD, won't have ignored his question.
The age of Asiwaju Tinubu is in public domain and Asiwaju Tinubu has already addressed the unnecessary politicization of his right to procure services to get a secured cash to his house as a private citizen. Ruffy should be asking questions on emerging and serious issues that help us know how prepared Asiwaju' s team is for the job. I know a few of such questions but won't state them here but asking a campaign manager for the age of his principal for such important interview is useless and unproductive use of time. Hence, he was ignored on that question.
Those whose only political strategy for winning election is by deploying lies, bigotry and tribal bitterness will lose las las. They always lose but still never learn because their hearts are filled with bitterness.
My appeal goes to the media to be serious minded. Nigerians rely on them to grill the candidates on serious issues of governance.

Please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu. Asiwaju Tinubu is extremely capable and competent to lead Nigeria to greater heights. God bless Nigeria forever.

You are actually very senile if you can't see how those two questions portrays the very character of the criminal you are supporting. Someone that is glaringly lying about his age and that amass as much wealth that two bullion vans would be needed to move his sharing money (from being a common staff in Mobil) doesn't deserve any reputable position in this country.
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by rezy15(m): 9:02pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Full of bile and no single decency as usual. You will still lose las las. You lost against PMB and you always lose because your heart is full of bitterness and bigotry.
People like you only flex muscle on social media. In real life you're as weak minded as the touts in agbada you bend down to worship. In a sea of capable hands, your weak brain decided to select a man like tinubu to support? Bro u dey weak me. I'm from the north, his candidacy won't fly. The core north knows, the middle belt knows, the docile rams across the street nod in agreement. Better accept it and have peace
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by Boniwhite: 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2022
adelaja70:

Omo ibo... List wetin Tinubu do, wey other politicians never do.
sir otumba adelaja?
Kochika?
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by Foolishbuhari: 9:19pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Why won't it be an infantile question, so far it involves the brown toothed thief? When you BMC dolts claimed Diezani had a 32 million dollars diamond studded bra, it was not beer parlor gist o abi?
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by LofiLogic: 9:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Brother you must be a F*'L, a very big one.
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by snoopz: 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2022
This jibrin no get shame
Answer simple question about your principal officer, you dey beat around the bush...
There is no way anybody can legally explain how bullion vans got to tinubu's house
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
Hw is the Question pedestrian
I told you BMC îmbeciles are actually dense upstairs (not as an insult but a fact)
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by ostartruth: 9:28pm On Jan 12, 2022
Nigerians should be wiser now. How can we replace Buhari with Tinubu. God forbid. Is it that Nigerians are daft? Dont we ask questions or reason? Is it just to please out ethnic and relgious inclinations? I beg if na play make Tinubu stop am.
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by Enifolabi(m): 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Tinubu is corruption personified

A man who boldly boasted that he's richer than Osun state , such man won't make a good president.

Where did he get the money from?

Is Dangote not richer than Osun State?
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by richie240: 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Lolz
The frustration on 'roofie's' face was palpable!
He met his match. In fact I doff my heart for d prof. grin
The kid thot he could bulldoze his way with d prof as he does with other guests.
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by tkgindofa(m): 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I can see that you people forget history quickly; so is now that election is by the corner, that you know "deploying lies, bigotry and tribal bitterness " is inappropriate. But that's the strategy your boss adopted before dethroning PDP, so wait patiently for the return match.
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by Bimpe29: 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2022
JAMB question by Rufai.
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by Funflipper: 10:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
olatuns2017:

Do we have journalists in Nigeria?

Answer is capital NO

He is a disgrace to journalism and whatever news channel he works for.
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by Gamelord007: 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2022
o
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by CoolAmbience(m): 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
Hw is the Question pedestrian

Of course, the question is pedestrian.

How did Rufai know the content of the bullion van that was driven into Tinubu's house?

He could have asked him to shed more light about the controversy that resulted from the bullion van that was seen being driven into Tinubu's home, sometime ago?

Journalists in Nigeria are really very inept. You don't just go about accusing people of amassing wealth and embezzlement without proofs.

Under Jonathan, Tinubu was taken to the Code of Conduct Tribunal? What was the outcome of that matter?
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by damosky12(m): 10:24pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You are still not enlightening the electorates with how you embellished the infantile question. Let me indulge you once more.
It's not infantile to ask a political office contender how he amassed his wealth. How is that infantile. It's either you don't have a pellucid grasp of what that word means or you're just being unreasonably adamant.

If you stock 100 bullion vans with legitimate wealth, especially as a private citizen, it is not a crime. It is a crime if the funds are a proceed of crime and if the owner claims it is clean money,a serious investigative journalist will do more than sit in an air conditioned AC studio to ask a campaign manager that kind of question at a time the electorates hunger for more important questions that border on decisions Asiwaju Tinubu could take as a President and will affect their lives and businesses.
First, if you are being sound, you should be able to tell that the person who asked the question is not an "investigative journalist" but a journalist just echoing a key question on the minds of many Nigerians.

Secondly, going by Tinubu's records, as the journalist rightly pointed, he has no business that could have fetched him such huge amounts of wealth. If he does, it's not known to the public. Now, it's reasonable that the public would be interested in how he amassed such wealth since he is vying to be the president.

The legitimacy of how Tinubu amassed his bullion van wealth is apparently one of the most important questions any politically conscious Nigerian would be interested in. Corruption is one of the foundations of Nigeria's several vices. We want to clear the air around the corruption suspicions of whomever we are voting for. No one cares what magic Tinubu can conjure until he is proven to be a safe haven from corruption. It's only disappointing that his campaign manager is trying to play this fact down. It's strengthens the public suspicions even further.

If you allow bigotry and hatred to enable a journalist to get away from doing his or her job, it's your choice but for me, asking my political campaign manager my source of wealth, age and other infantile questions are a complete waste of time and opportunity to help the electorates.
The campaign manager's job is to stand in Tinubu's place and give justifiable reasons why we should vote him. One of the ways to do this is to shed some light into the shades of Tinubu's bullion van wealth. He's got to let the public know that Tinubu truly legitimately earned that wealth. As it stands, the public can't tell the source of that wealth. Nothing lucid points to how he amassed such wealth. Nigerians are curious. The journalist spoke the mind of Nigerians. But, alas! The manager failed.

That's why I am appealing to the media to take its job seriously. For God sake, the world is talking about Energy transition at a time oil is approaching $100 and a journalist is asking about age of a potential President ? What will we do when the world shifts from oil significantly? There are so many more important questions ,more important than beer parlour discussions.

How can Nigerians trust a man they don't know. Tinubu, so far, is largely mysterious. There are many shady sides to him. One of this is the bullion van incidence. A responsible campaign system will be care about clearing the air if they have nothing to hide. But it turns out that this ones seem not to be responsible or they indeed have something to hide

Is Jibril EFCC to report a real or imagined crime to or is Jibril Asiwaju's account officer or his mother who gave birth to him?
Nigerians should not allow the media get away with mediocre performance. Please go and watch the Tofa vs MKO debate and watch intelligent questions to ask potential a President . I insist that the questions are infantile and pedestrian and I appeal to the media to get serious.
We rely on them.

This is not a debate sir. Comparing a journalist's chat with a campaign manager is a chip off the whole block. Asking a campaign manager to clear the air on the public suspicions of his campaign subject, Tinubu, is totally in order. These are things Nigerians are curious about. With that interview, the press obviously was acting in sync with their responsibility as the voice of the people. Let Tinubu clear the air on these suspicions. Let him come out clean.
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by mafluxfire: 10:31pm On Jan 12, 2022
Even at a time when he became nightmare and of course log in the wheel of political recklessness of Obj and his roforofo politics, and at a time when Obj used effectively EFCC to witch hunt his political enemies which eventually dump many politicians to the dustbin of history, he stood his ground and survive the onslaught. I think some people are just relying on heresy about him or may be they were still in primary during that time.
Re: Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans by Osilama1: 10:40pm On Jan 12, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

ruffy is an empty tv host seun okinbaloye knows his Job well...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Funny Handshakes Between Saraki And Ahmad Lawal (photos). / Senate Drops Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / How The Nigerian Army Fights Boko-Haram (Drone Strike At 15m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.