Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,399 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers (17923 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Passengers In A Bus & Edo LGA Boss, Prof. Waziri Edokpa / Gunmen Kill Nicholas Ofodile, Three Others, Kidnap Passengers In Kogi (Graphic) / Bus Driver Shot Dead As Gunmen Kidnap Passengers In Rivers. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by NwaNimo1(m): 6:42pm On Jan 12, 2022
Passengers in a commercial bus heading to Lagos from Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, were kidnapped on Tuesday when unknown gunmen intercepted the bus in Isiala Mbano, Imo State.

Our correspondent gathered that the incident which happened at Odo Rubber road in Obiohuru in the Isiala Mbano Local Government Area of the state, had caused tension in the area.

The passengers were travelling in a bus marked Government Akwa Ibom State when the gunmen struck, took them away leaving behind the vehicle and luggage.

A community source told our correspondent that “no one knows where they were taken to. The bus was still steaming when the villagers saw it on Tuesday at that lonely area called Odo Rubber. Phones and luggage of the passengers were intact.”

Our correspondent gathered that the vehicle had been pushed out of the lonely road and handed over to the police.

The President-General of the community, Dr Sharon Ohaka, who spoke to our correspondent on the phone on Wednesday, said the bus had been pushed out of the lonely road by the youths. He also disclosed that the community had invited the police.

He said, “The vehicle had been pushed out of the lonely road. We have invited the police at the area command level and the divisional headquarters at Ishiebu. They have taken over the vehicle and the passengers’ luggage and the investigation process.

The spokesperson for the Imo State Police Command, Micheal Abattam, had yet to respond to a text message sent to him by our correspondent as of the time of filing this report.

https://punchng.com/gunmen-intercept-commercial-bus-in-imo-kidnap-passengers/

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by Kellibae(f): 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2022
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by inoki247: 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2022
Dere people will soon look for who to blame for the kidnap....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by Ezehillary(m): 6:46pm On Jan 12, 2022
God help us from the hands of apc and hope uzodinjo, i they pity those people that was kidnaped, what a way to start the new year. Aluu mee

15 Likes

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by sharpden: 6:46pm On Jan 12, 2022
So it's no longer ESN or UGM?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by Ryda(m): 6:47pm On Jan 12, 2022
Man can no longer drink water drop cup.
That's if they'll allow you raise the cup angry

Insecurity is almost everywhere!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by Northernblood5(m): 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2022
Fulani Herdsmen should be wiped out of the surface of earth.
Since the beginning, they have never contributed anything reasonable to the development of any country. From Somalia to Sudan to Niger to Nigeria, nothing i repeat, nothing positive

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by BadNews: 7:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by mediainc: 7:36pm On Jan 12, 2022
The freed prisoners will eat.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by BigSarah(f): 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2022
Na WA o
Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by verybadmouth(m): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2022
AfghanEASTan

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by Younghacka(m): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2022
What Is Really Happening In The East
The Once Peace Loving And Accommodating Igbos Have Now Decided To Join The Northerners In Competition.
Whatever Their Grievances This Is Never The Way To Go About It, Dialogue Remains The Best Form Of Settlement.
Please They Should Advise Themselves Before The East Turns To afghan-Eastern
☮️

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by futurerex: 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2022
Hopeless Uzodingba of Supreme court on the beat.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by Terryli: 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2022
so bad
Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by bestman09(m): 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2022
sad
This is not what we are known for. The average Igbo man is a legit hustler and can do anything legit to make money but these lazy fools are bent on tarnishing our image.
We will surely overcome, no matter what.

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by Angelfrost(m): 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2022
The kidnappers are quite likely from that community... Investigations should begin from there.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by pretydiva(f): 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2022
This is terrible. May no harm come to them.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by wwwihy: 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2022
IPOB and ESN Canibals

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by RichDad1(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2022
Buhari will not sleep in Abuja grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by ablejesus26(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
May God save them.
If only the senseless security can swing into action and get the kidnappers.
Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by dododawa1: 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2022
First suspect are the villagers

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by Boogyman557: 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2022
Holly Gram cool AMABOBI YEEEEEE

U SEE y I de talk say make EVERYBODY carry der own KALA...

As I de here so, I get 2 KALA, old and new KALA

Any AMA or STREET wey I de JAZZ in, I de carry my KALA...

I SWEAR DOWN

Any MANCHI way go JUNZ or CAT WALK 4 my UNIFORM.

I go make sure sey I BLAST em left leg wit my old KALA then use my new KALA BLAST em right leg

I go BLAST em BLOKOS join

WTF MAN

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by wwwihy: 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
ablejesus26:
May God save them.
If only the senseless security can swing into action and get the kidnappers.

After burning police stations and killing policemen...where do you want to see policemen....you guys should get sense now

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by ablejesus26(m): 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
wwwihy:

After burning police stations and killing policemen...where do you want to see policemen....you guys should get sense now

For your mind now you don talk sense be dat too��

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by Pakute: 9:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
AfghanEASTstan

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by InoGetJoy: 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan - Proverbs 29:2
All this rubbish started during the tenure of the bleaching supreme court governor and his lackeys in Abuja.
I have faith my state will overcome this evil and the enemies (and imbeciles who always laugh and make fun when they hear about evil in my state) will be put to shame

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by Bashirkareem31: 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
Definitely tinubu's fault

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by supereagle(m): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
The most peaceful State before Uzodinjo came to power through the supreme court ruling.
Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by gbemishile: 9:05pm On Jan 12, 2022
Haha.maybe all of them went to piss.tgey shouldn't have moved the bus away from the road so Dem go still see am there when all of them come back.

Wailing wailers pro max,make una avoid this thread jor cus tinubu no dey there.make we wait for tinubu post so una go fit wail well well
Re: Gunmen Intercept Commercial Bus In Imo, Kidnap Passengers by InoGetJoy: 9:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
Bashirkareem31:
Definitely tinubu's fault
Nobody is blaming TInubu. Don't post rubbish just for Likes and Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thieves And Receivers Of Stolen Property Arrested And Paraded In Benue (Photo) / Lady Spends 5 Years In Prison For Violating Environmental Sanitation Law / Guardian Burns Boy’s Body With Hot Iron (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.