Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,195 members, 7,811,515 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? (9571 Views)

Bola Tinubu's Statement On The Lifting Of The Twitter Ban / Buhari Orders Conditional Lifting Of Ban On Twitter / House Of Representatives Reject Lifting Of Twitter Ban By Majority Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by evansjeff(m): 7:01am On Jan 13, 2022
It’s no longer news that the Federal Government has lifted the suspension of Twitter in Nigeria. Since the news broke yesterday, many Nigerians on social media including this platform have been of the opinion that this is connected with the 2023 elections, some argued that they lifted the ban because they know they need it to campaign for the elections.

Now, as a neutral, I’ve found it difficult wrapping my head around this argument, because recalling from previous elections, one may say that if favours the current administration more to continue with the suspension as many who voted them into power do not even use the platform, in fact, some of them don’t even know what it is used for or how to use the platform.

Again, considering the fact that the government is aware that many young and smart Nigerians use the platform for stern criticism of the administration and could be an important asset in exposing the negative activities going on the country and thereby affecting their chances in the forth coming elections,

How many Nigerians even follow government officials on Twitter? Even those that follow them do so so as to have an opportunity to criticize them directly.

So I’m still trying to figure out how this is related to the 2023 elections and I hope comments here can help.

9 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by SadiqBabaSani: 7:03am On Jan 13, 2022
Damage control fr the government, this government have alws had problems with free speech

47 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by SarkinYarki: 7:20am On Jan 13, 2022
It does
Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by evansjeff(m): 7:39am On Jan 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:
It does

Okay...but how exactly?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by Jostoman: 9:37am On Jan 13, 2022
They want to use it to campaign

8 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by SarkinYarki: 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2022
Simple, since the banning of twitter this wicked administration pushed Nigerians to start using VPN and the use of VPN has had adverse effect on the govt ability to mine data necessary to track the online moods of Nigerians ... Secondly going into campaign season with the twitter ban active would be very counter productive to the APC as the opposition will use it as clarion call to rally more youth against the APC.. thirdly the effectively only prevented the govt agents from pushing their own narrative on twitter as regular Nigerians and opposition figures used VPN to continue to push their narrative against the failed govt and the govt had no presence there to even try to defend itself ....the biggest losers of the this entire ban was the Federal Govt , Corporate Customer Relations and advertisers like us

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2022
They banned Twitter With the mindset of suppressing freedom of speech, both praises and criticisms alike..... especially criticisms...

But even those in power couldn't even stay away from Twitter...I know some Governors who are guilty of this.

The unbanning of Twitter is politically Motivated because they need hashtags like #Tinubu2023 to trend .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by GboyegaD(m): 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2022
Truth is they have suppressed freedom of speech and that is a big dent on the pay. The luck they have is that there's no other competent party this, we may have to choose the lesser evil at the next election.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
w
Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by Maxymilliano(m): 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
Banning of twitter had rubbed of negatively on the current governor, lifting of ban is only seen as a campaign gimmick as election draw near

14 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by DogmaNation: 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
APC n Buhari think sai them wise.!
Make them come campaign for twitter make we see gringrin

10 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by Adesina18111(m): 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
Na dem sabi...one thing Nigerian govt don’t know is that we are used to anything...there is always a way out in Nigeria...they banned Twitter and Nigerians are always active on it...lifting the ban now has no effect cuz we already found the way out of the ban...The Govt of Nigeria have always been motivating us to reason beyond them...my PVC is still intact grin grin

15 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by allahIsAnIDOL: 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by treesun: 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
evansjeff:
It’s no longer news that the Federal Government has lifted the suspension of Twitter in Nigeria. Since the news broke yesterday, many Nigerians on social media including this platform have been of the opinion that this is connected with the 2023 elections, some argued that they lifted the ban because they know they need it to campaign for the elections.

Now, as a neutral, I’ve found it difficult wrapping my head around this argument, because recalling from previous elections, one may say that if favours the current administration more to continue with the suspension as many who voted them into power do not even use the platform, in fact, some of them don’t even know what it is used for or how to use the platform.

Again, considering the fact that the government is aware that many young and smart Nigerians use the platform for stern criticism of the administration and could be an important asset in exposing the negative activities going on the country and thereby affecting their chances in the forth coming elections,

How many Nigerians even follow government officials on Twitter? Even those that follow them do so so as to have an opportunity to criticize them directly.

So I’m still trying to figure out how this is related to the 2023 elections and I hope comments here can help.

BMC to continue to lie to unsuspecting crowd who can not see their future!

14 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by tunary(m): 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by smites: 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2022
2023 election

1 Like

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by MansoryMX(m): 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2022
Was Twitter banned? Because even with ordinary free and cheapest vpn you can find both in android and IOS you can use Twitter perfectly

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by SecretReporter(f): 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2022
J
Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by DropsMic(m): 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2022
Pro
Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by 1nigeriamyfoot: 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2022
Buhari is daft

8 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by MrImole: 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2022
Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by loadedvibes: 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2022
No mind them
Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by Beehshorp(m): 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2022
I wonder what the presidential candidate of ApC gonna campaign with.

9 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by GIANTPLUSHUB: 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2022
Election things

2 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2022
evansjeff:

abeg Twitter ban nor concern us now, na 2023 elections and how to remove old hag politicians like Buhari and Tinubu

6 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by Germi9: 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2022
Hames34r:
Ok
Na everyday you dey post one edited game ?? SCAMMER

2 Likes

Re: 2023: How Will The Lifting Of Twitter Ban Favour The Current Administration? by Heterodox(m): 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2022
So the taxation part is not worth talking about?

Everything not about current administration

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrocam Asks Court To Liquidate BRT Operator Over Alleged N63.4m Debt / Sowore Tells FG To Pay Workers Between N100k-N250k / Arabic Words and Letters on Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.