Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun (22034 Views)

Bandits Will Eventually Get To Buhari By Abimbola Adelakun / Abimbola Adelakun: Don’t Blame Peter Obi For His Zealous Supporters / Taking The Buhari/Jubril Story Seriously By Abimbola Adelakun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Ovamboland(m): 12:35pm On Jan 13, 2022
RexTramadol1:

Journalism is about saying the truth and nothing more

She might not have a vested interest but did she put up facts?

Has the UAE, China and Singapore who were on same trajectory as Nigeria as at 1999 still on the same pace with Lagos which is said to be the height of Tinubu’s brilliance?

If Lagos is not a paradise, even with BAT and his protégé being there since 1999, what will change in his 8 years at the center that will make Nigeria a paradise?

How has his likely opponents most of them chief executives of states performed when they had the same 8 years he's had?
We are not selecting out of the managers of UAE, Singapore, Johannesburg Cairo or Rabat. We are selecting out of tested Nigerians and their relative success in their past assignment will weigh heavily in the decision not discounting Ethnic, religious factors and of course burning desire of those who have no aim or objectives but axes to grind
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Dubetex96(m): 12:36pm On Jan 13, 2022
Akaegwu:
Tinubu is the best man for the job. He succeeded in removing criminal gangs from the street to motor parks and garages in South western Nigeria. He can do same with bandits, terrorists and kidnappers across the country.
Vote for him, he will stop medical tourism because all the government hospitals in Lagos is world class and he's a very young healthy man in his early 50's.
He will not blip Nigerian resources because the one stolen from Lagos is enough for him.
He will be better than buhari. He is Buhari's pro max,ie same product with little improvement in the erea of gathering political criminals across the country country as against only northern political criminals.
He will turn Nigeria to world powers. Same has been achieved in Lagos where agberos are the real powerful tools ready to conquer the world. I stand with Tinubu.

Op you just succeeded in spewing rubbish here. Tinubu is a capital NO NO we cannot come and suffer for another 8years. If suffer no dey tire u may u go meet your God
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by flokii: 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2022
Omooba77:

Did you read Akande"s book........ angry

If it's 'My Participations' you're implying, I'm yet to..
Is there anything special there than a one-sided account of Baba Akande on politics? do well to enlighten me please.
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by nedekid: 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2022
flokii:
The author of this beautiful nonsense I just read is nothing but a fo0l.. show me one politician that is not corrupt. Is it Atiku that is a saint or Peter Pandora box Obi, the international crime lord?

The author should indicate interest to run for presidency since she thinks it's child's play.. let's see the number of votes Nigerians will give her.
Very annoying set of people.
Do you understand no crime was commited by peter obi with respect to Pandora? For that reason neither the efcc, icpc has seen cause to investigate or charge him.
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by nedekid: 12:41pm On Jan 13, 2022
Dubetex96:

Op you just succeeded in spewing rubbish here. Tinubu is a capital NO NO we cannot come and suffer for another 8years. If suffer no dey tire u may u go meet your God
Someone that wrote something similar to you earlier was called a "buhari" grin
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by noisy45(m): 12:45pm On Jan 13, 2022
Akaegwu:
Tinubu is the best man for the job. He succeeded in removing criminal gangs from the street to motor parks and garages in South western Nigeria. He can do same with bandits, terrorists and kidnappers across the country.
Vote for him, he will stop medical tourism because all the government hospitals in Lagos is world class and he's a very young healthy man in his early 50's.
He will not blip Nigerian resources because the one stolen from Lagos is enough for him.
He will be better than buhari. He is Buhari's pro max,ie same product with little improvement in the erea of gathering political criminals across the country country as against only northern political criminals.
He will turn Nigeria to world powers. Same has been achieved in Lagos where agberos are the real powerful tools ready to conquer the world. I stand with Tinubu.

You are mad
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by DeepSight(m): 12:45pm On Jan 13, 2022
alphaNomega:

Tinubu the drug pusher? Has he been able to visit USA since he was declared wanted? Let him go and clear his case before you put a drug baron as your number one citizen.

You and other Nigerians are destined to suffer because you have severe amnesia

noisy45:

You are mad

Dubetex96:

How sarcasm is lost on you.
Sad.

Akaegwu, pity them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Osilama1: 12:45pm On Jan 13, 2022
Maxymilliano:
The country desperately need true change in leadership now and not a recycling of corrupt, greedy and self serving rogues.
focus on your community cos even if u elect an Angel as president with rogues as gorvenors and legislature it makes no difference... I wonder why tinubu is headache for some of you there's PDP vote them... Trying to mudsling tinubu ll tilt the game in his favor... What does the writer want to do with his identity a man who was gorvenor and senator previously yet you are asking identity... I don't bother to read bias write up like what that woman put up... Tinubu is just a candidate he ll have to campaign pple should focus on others too...
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Osilama1: 12:47pm On Jan 13, 2022
oyatz:
I read the columnist's article to the end and here are my inferences;

The writer believes

1) Tinubu is a bad candidate.

2) Tinubu is responsible for the problems in Lagos State.

3)That Tinubu is the cause of the problems in Nigeria from 2015 till date.

After enumerating everything negative that will happen if Tinubu becomes the president, she didn't point out any solution , especially the candidate with the Midas' Touch that will solve the problems in Nigeria.

Somebody must become the president. Is that person free of all that this woman accussed Tinubu of.

In my own opinion, Abimbola Adelakun seems like someone who has a personal axe to grind with Tinubu.
It's better for her to start canvassing for her candidate, whose morality is at par with that of Angel Gabriel.
as simple as ABCD plus people should realize there would be national assembly and gorvenors so nobi only president go effect change...
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Cantonese: 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2022
oyatz:

Look my friend, the beauty of democracy is the plurality of choices.

There are over 10 other Presidential aspirants, why not chose one with unblemished records and start promoting his candidacy?

Why this funny idea that if Tinubu is contesting, other aspirants are automatically prevented from contesting?

In developed democracies, you won't see so many people asking that a particular citizen must not contest or people campaigning against a particular citizen like they are doing here.

Tinubu has a God given and constitutional right to aspire to the highest office in his country, it's evil trying to take away that right from any citizen.

Tinubu is not saying you or your candidate should not contest, so why are you saying he should back out of the race.

Allow the electorates to chose the best candidate

Thank you for your decent response.

Agreed that democracy thrives on choices. Nobody is restricted or should be restricted in anyway from expressing their democratic rights or aspirations.

I am not advocating for Osibanjo, neither am I a supporter of the failed party, APC, but looking at his pedigree, do you not see him as someone who will make things work?

Nobody stops BAT from contesting, but looking at Adelakun’s comment, where can you find any fault in reality?

At this point for me, we should stop recycling certain old politicians, not just BAT, but others who have held this nation by its jugular and consistently suffocate the citizens.

This nation needs to move forward. We must not elect our leaders out of sentiments. We must elect only people who understand what the words “change” and “next level” mean in the true sense.
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Shikini: 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2022
Very good write-up
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by onatisi(m): 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2022
buhari is presently the winner of the THE WORST PRESIDENT NIGERIA HAS EVER HAD , but if tinubu is elected , he will definitely and easily defeat buhari to win that award . Tinubu will be worse than buhari , he wilt be worse than the very perfect example of worst (buhari).
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Playthepianos: 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2022
CSTRR:

You don't need to look for Angel Gabriel.

There are a lot of people higher up in the morality scale than tinubu.
A clown that his representative could not even say his source of income on national TV.

You telling us that we have no earthly choice than tinubu is an insult to all of us.

I even think atiku is less corrupt than him.

And I will never vote for atiku.

I love you for this.
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by DeepSight(m): 12:56pm On Jan 13, 2022
oyatz:

In developed democracies, you won't see so many people asking that a particular citizen must not contest or people campaigning against a particular citizen like they are doing here.

Tinubu has a God given and constitutional right to aspire to the highest office in his country, it's evil trying to take away that right from any citizen.

You see the thing is this - when a known gangster and criminal decides the contest the presidency, people have a right to be alarmed: not only does it speak ill of the society as a whole, but there is the concern that the society being so corrupt, the known gangster may just succeed.
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Osilama1: 1:01pm On Jan 13, 2022
RexTramadol1:

Journalism is about saying the truth and nothing more

She might not have a vested interest but did she put up facts?

Has the UAE, China and Singapore who were on same trajectory as Nigeria as at 1999 still on the same pace with Lagos which is said to be the height of Tinubu’s brilliance?

If Lagos is not a paradise, even with BAT and his protégé being there since 1999, what will change in his 8 years at the center that will make Nigeria a paradise?

that's not Journalism it's her bias opinion... Let her write on other candidate to then I can agree it's Journalism...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by lugado: 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2022
Omooba77:

https://punchng.com/tinubus-presidency-affliction-must-not-rise-a-second-time/

What's all this long story about Tinubu contesting. He's a Nigerian like you and he has the right as a Nigerian to do so
I still don't understand why people are protesting
It's not as if he would be appointed
You compare Nigeria to advanced countries and arab worlds , are they ruled by younger men?

You all want younger people, but nobody is coming out
Being a leader is not about age, its about having vision
And she feels so pained about this she should go ahead and contest
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by lugado: 1:06pm On Jan 13, 2022
DeepSight:

You see the thing is this - when a known gangster and criminal decides the contest the presidency, people have a right to be alarmed: not only does it speak ill of the society as a whole, but there is the concern that the society being so corrupt, the known gangster may just succeed.

How is he a criminal
You don't have proof
If you do fo to court to stop his aspirations
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by anonymous1759(m): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2022
Cantonese:

Looking at the write up without bias, can you dispute the fact that very bad leaders have been foisted on us as citizens? This country has gone from bad to worse on all indices.

We had an Ambode who was doing quite well in terms of infrastructure and trying to make Lagos better and a mega city, but he was removed because he did not play ball. With him by now, agberoism would have become history.

By now people living in a so called mega city like Lagos should be ashamed of agberos, okadas and keke napeps. Their activities had been successfully curtailed by Brig. Marwa before 1998 and we had peace. Today agberos have even taken over control of traffic lights in parts of Lagos. The leader of NURTW presently campaigns and the reason is simple. Get BAT in and have an additional 8 years of the nuisance in Lagos.

Adelakun has no axe to grind. The truth is there for everyone to see, except one chooses to behave like the proverbial ostrich.

He’s greed is responsible for the national calamity that we experience today nationally. Before 2014 BAT was a regional leader. His leading ACN to team up with CPC was to gain national prominence and as we have finally heard to satisfy his “life long ambition”. If what we presently experience from APC is the best of our president, as he said, what difference will APC under BAT make?

For me the candidate for the SW should be Osinbanjo. The difference is very clear.

Mention one state Agberoism doesn’t exist in Nigeria? I’ve seen it in The south south south East and south west . For Me Tinubu set a Template in Lagos. There’s no state in Nigeria that’s doing better than Lagos in terms of continuity .

One thing I admire about Tinubu he listens and always have intelligent people around him.
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by adelaja70(m): 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2022
But why are the Okoros always jumping from one Tinubu thread to the other... Well, maybe it's cause they have jesters as candidates... Lmao!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by wilyparker(m): 1:18pm On Jan 13, 2022
BigSarah:
If Nigerians can vote for buhari, twice why not Tinubu?

The fact you've to warn Nigerians about incompetent leaders in 2023, is a clear indication that most Nigerians deserve the worse of the worst
Nigerians did not vote Buhari he was selected into office. Our votes do not count in this country
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Funkymode(m): 1:19pm On Jan 13, 2022
Make the afobaje of Lagos go sit down jaare, make we see front
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by DeepSight(m): 1:23pm On Jan 13, 2022
lugado:

How is he a criminal
You don't have proof
If you do fo to court to stop his aspirations

You are free to allow your bias to govern you and defend it with such simplistic arguments.
After all, when asked why he had failed to try Babangida for corruption, Obasanjo replied with exactly the same words - if you have proof, bring it. Very easy and also very deceitful response.
Those of us who live in the real world know that the workings of the world are far more complex than your words suggest.
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by wilyparker(m): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2022
oyatz:

Look my friend, the beauty of democracy is the plurality of choices.

There are over 10 other Presidential aspirants, why not chose one with unblemished records and start promoting his candidacy?

Why this funny idea that if Tinubu is contesting, other aspirants are automatically prevented from contesting?

Tinubu is not saying you or your candidate should not contest, so why are you saying he should back out of the race.

Allow the electorates to chose the best candidate
Because our votes do not count. The ruling party will ring the election. I prefer Osinbajo
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by blackfase(m): 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2022
Oga be calming down. Read what the man wrote about Tinubu and spot the serious sarcasm therein. The comment is anti Tinubu...

alphaNomega:

You're a fuçking piece of shít
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by blackfase(m): 1:29pm On Jan 13, 2022
Oga be calming down. Read what the man wrote about Tinubu and spot the serious sarcasm therein. The comment is anti Tinubu...

alphaNomega:

Tinubu the drug pusher? Has he been able to visit USA since he was declared wanted? Let him go and clear his case before you put a drug baron as your number one citizen.

You and other Nigerians are destined to suffer because you have severe amnesia
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by oyatz(m): 1:33pm On Jan 13, 2022
wilyparker:
Because our votes do not count. The ruling party will ring the election. I prefer Osinbajo

So if Tinubu is out of the race, your votes will start counting?

Are you one of the APC delegates that will vote in the party's primaries?
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by oyatz(m): 1:38pm On Jan 13, 2022
DeepSight:

Who is the gangster and who has been convicted of any crime by the court?

Why not spend this same level of energy, time and resources to market a good candidate that is free of all vices and can turn Nigeria into Singapore, Dubai and all those nice places mentioned by the writer?
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Indispensable85(m): 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2022
Omooba77:

But can win the heart of men.....

Not being able to win his polling unit means he doesn't have the capacity to win the heart of men.

We know the influential ones in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by DeepSight(m): 1:47pm On Jan 13, 2022
oyatz:

Who is the gangster and who has been convicted of any crime by the court?

Why not spend this same level of energy, time and resources to market a good candidate that is free of all vices and can turn Nigeria into Singapore, Dubai and all those nice places mentioned by the writer?

I reproduce my response to your brother-in-arms above:

You are free to allow your bias to govern you and defend it with such simplistic arguments.
After all, when asked why he had failed to try Babangida for corruption, Obasanjo replied with exactly the same words - if you have proof, bring it. Very easy and also very deceitful response.
Those of us who live in the real world know that the workings of the world are far more complex than your words suggest.
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Omooba77: 1:50pm On Jan 13, 2022
Indispensable85:

Not being able to win his polling unit means he doesn't have the capacity to win the heart of men.

We know the influential ones in Nigeria.
That is your old thinking....Do you think thuggery will win now.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Nchenches: 1:51pm On Jan 13, 2022
BigSarah:
If Nigerians can vote for buhari, twice why not Tinubu?

The fact you've to warn Nigerians about incompetent leaders in 2023, is a clear indication that most Nigerians deserve the worse of the worst
Lol. Conspiracy is the thing for kingmakers during their choice for who leads Nigeria.

Tinubu wants to profit from this conspiracy.
Re: Tinubu’s Presidency: Affliction Must Not Rise A Second Time - Abimbola Adelakun by Indispensable85(m): 1:52pm On Jan 13, 2022
Omooba77:

That is your old thinking....Do you think thuggery will win now.... grin grin grin grin

Has it won before?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Is Not Thinking About Next Election – VP Osinbajo / APC Crisis: Buhari Asks Osinbajo To Intervene / Maduka Vows To Dredge River Niger To Onitsha To Activate The Sea Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.