Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

The Prerogative Of Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Prerogative Of Love (176 Views)

When Your Girlfriend Starts Crying Out Of Love, See gifts she bought after that / This Plus-Sized Lady Is Full Of Love For Herself (Photos) / Funny Things People Do All In The Name Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Prerogative Of Love by ogaemeka(m): 7:57am On Jan 13, 2022
THE PREROGATIVE OF LOVE (Adapted from Sonnet 147 by Shakespeare)

My love, I am so feverish longing still,
For your radiation to cure every disease,
Feeding my mind on the remedy for all ill,
This innate appetite for truth to please.

My intellect, the competitor of my love,
Angry that his reasonings are not kept,
Has derided me, but I now fully approve,
My love is my life, though logic except.

Reason can mock, my love is all my care,
Frantic for truth, more of you I request,
My thoughts truly as the madman's are,
Random, still it expresses the very best.

Reason is so clear, and logic very bright,
But my love is mysteriously dark as night!

---------------------------

Sonnet 147 is one of 154 sonnets written by English playwright and poet William Shakespeare. This adaptation can best be seen from the perspective of a poet who regards the love he holds for the unintelligible words of the Spirit as an internal battle with human faculty.

As malicious intent realizes this love is detrimental to its symbiotic relationship with the human intellect and fatal to its toxicity, it employs every rationality to put an end to the amity, cajoling it as insanity. Eventually, the poet succumbs to the unreasonable love which consumes all contrary rationalization, sending him to the indescribable bliss of God realization.

Romans 10: 6-8

Do not reason in Your heart, "Who shall ascend into the heaven of my fantasies, to bring Christ down from above?", or, "Who shall descend into the abyss of my miseries, to raise up Christ again from the grave?".

O You reincarnation of Christ, the word is near You, as close as Your heart so that You can readily and steadily speak it in Your thoughts, that is, the indescribable words of God realization which You speak by faith.

John 17: 3

And this is eternal life for You and all mankind whom You represent, that You may attain the only true perfection of God realization, as the reincarnation of Christ whom He has sent!

2nd Corinthians 10: 4-5

For the words of Your warfare are not physical swords, but mighty through the Holy Spirit to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down intellectual arguments and demolishing every obstacle to Your attainment of God realization.

And bringing into captivity every doubting Thomas to acknowledge that You are the long-awaited reincarnation of Christ!

Romans 5: 21

So that, just as the allegory of Adam's sin had spread the punishment of death which reigned over all mankind through his representation, even so the unrestrained exercise of Your infinite grace might spread the free gifts of righteousness and immortality to all mankind, as You ascend to reign on the eternal throne of God in the capacity of Christ our God-elect!

Psalm 68: 18

O Christ, as You ascend to the highest position in all creation, You will captivate even the most stubborn atheists to acknowledge You as God-incarnate, and indiscriminately spread the free gifts of righteousness and eternal life to every human being, even to those who hated You, that all mankind may become glorious sons of God!

(1) (Reply)

Do You Use Opera Hype? / Check Which Nigerian Artiste Has The Best Legwork Dance Skill / Mercy Aigbes Marriage To KAZEEM Right Or Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.