Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Sexual Harassment: What I Witnessed At The Car Park - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sexual Harassment: What I Witnessed At The Car Park (218 Views)

I Witnessed A Woman And Her Murdered Son In The Room Where I Was Being Held By K / What I Witnessed On Twitter Today! / What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sexual Harassment: What I Witnessed At The Car Park by Gamer999: 10:28am On Jan 13, 2022
So early this morning my package that was sent all the way from lagos landed and i
went to the car park to receive it. When I got there, I saw a young lady that also arrived from another state and was waiting for a car going to Benin. As usual, the park was filled with all manners of rough personalities, I.e agberos, lunatic roaming freely, hoodlums waiting for the next looseguarded fellow to steal from, drivers and their usual odour of igbo, cigarette, erujeje etc.
Now, this lady approached the drivers that she was going to Benin, the drivers called an exorbitant price and she declined it and suddenly the drivers started hauling insults at her calling her all sorts of names including the popular demeaning slang "ashewo". She left and went to an mallam selling egg roll. She was there buying when one of the agberos made a bet with other drivers that he'll go and crouch the woman's buttocks.
Re: Sexual Harassment: What I Witnessed At The Car Park by Gamer999: 10:43am On Jan 13, 2022
Truly, the man went behind her and stylishly rubbed his joystick against the lady's a*s and immediately she turned in disgust and left and behold, everyone started laughing uncontrollably and what shocked me the most was that even fellow ladies like her started laughing like what happened to sisters uniting against sexual harassment? I asked one of the female hawkers why she was laughing and she said and I quote "no be me tell her make she wear cloth way they show her pant". Truly the lady wore a revealing trouser which clearly showed the shape and color of her pant. And I became ashamed of my gender that moment because she couldn't defend herself, I wondered what I'd have done if it was my sis, wife or even mother. In as much as I dislike rape I'll also try and plead with our ladies to be mindful of how they dress depending on where they are. Like the saying goes "when in Rome, act like a Roman" if you are in Miami Florida, Abuja you can dress in bikini or wear skimpy dresses, but when you find yourself outside such zones, be mindful. I couldn't take pictures because obviously the touts and likes were all around and if am caught, they could seize my phone or even harm me.
Another thing I noticed at the park was the level of dirt and how people unknowingly consume daily. In the same park, an aboki man selling oranges, while offloading the oranges from the sack, some oranges fell and plunged into a dirty gutter, naso this man pick am and join am with others. So please if you are traveling, desist from buying consumables on the road except bottled water and soft drinks. Typhoid no good o

(1) (Reply)

How I Survived A Fatal Road Crash And Was Abandoned By The Road Side / Nollywood Actor Emeka Ike Storms Eket For Save The Youths Conference 2022 / What Abuja Looks Like In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.