Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,843 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Orji Uzor Kalu Disgraces Himself On Arise TV - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu Disgraces Himself On Arise TV (3202 Views)

Obi Used Teleprompter And Note Book At Chatham House, Yet Disgraces Himself / President Buhari's Interview On Arise TV (Updates) / Hon. Benjamin Kalu Disgraces Himself On TV While Defending Tyrannical NCDC Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Disgraces Himself On Arise TV by Inspirer1: 10:53am On Jan 14, 2022
Bonjovi13:
I took time to watch the clip and I couldn't see how he disgraced himself.
All I saw was a man who is passionate about his ambition and his country.

Yes he called Abati's name several times, it was obvious that they knew each other a long time. What's the big deal.
Yes he wasn't fluent in English. He spoke passable well. English is not our native language and this should not be used to mock him. Most French people can't speak English, Russians, Chinese name them. They are still respected and when they speak you must make provision for an interpreter. It's only Nigeria because of our colonial mentality that has taught us that we should despise who we are and what is indigenous to us. Including our language and culture.

I'm not holding brief for him,but OUK has shown competency, resilience in business and politics that is admirable.

Most of us can't cope with the demands and strain of family politics,talk more of local then National politics. Any politician who can ride to the top of Nigerian politics and stay there should be admired. It's not easy.
That being said, for equity and justice and inclusiveness,the Presidency should be zoned to the South East.
We are not second class citizens. Although I am mature enough to know that our politicians from our zone have not got their acts together. They are disunited and selfish. How can they form a power Bloc if they are disunited and no one will give you power just because. You must work for it.
Ya gazie
I was surprised by the title too, I watched the video and didn't see where he disgraced himself.
As a matter of fact, the video made me to have a positive bias in him

2 Likes

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Disgraces Himself On Arise TV by SarkinYarki: 11:03am On Jan 14, 2022
He gave a clear account of how he made his money

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Disgraces Himself On Arise TV by Bonjovi13: 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Please, stop making these excuses.

French is the language of instruction in nearly all of the subjects in France, so someone who has been instructed in French nearly all his life is not expected to be fluent in English, even if they are.

In Nigeria, nearly all of the subjects are taught in English, even if English is generally regarded as a second language. Since we are a multi-ethnic society, we can't underestimate the importance of English in our social lives.

Oga you seem to have forgotten that languages are better learnt in childhood.
Orji Uzor Kalu and lots of other people in Nigeria who were from poor homes didn't have the privilege of learning English during their childhood.
Most struggle with English even in adulthood.

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Disgraces Himself On Arise TV by cool318(m): 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2022
Bonjovi13:

Yes he called Abati's name several times, it was obvious that they knew each other a long time. What's the big deal.
Yes he wasn't fluent in English. He spoke passable well. English is not our native language and this should not be used to mock him. Most French people can't speak English, Russians, Chinese name them. They are still respected and when they speak you must make provision for an interpreter. It's only Nigeria because of our colonial mentality that has taught us that we should despise who we are and what is indigenous to us. Including our language and culture.

I'm not holding brief for him,but OUK has shown competency, resilience in business and politics that is admirable.

Most of us can't cope with the demands and strain of family politics,talk more of local then National politics. Any politician who can ride to the top of Nigerian politics and stay there should be admired. It's not easy.
That being said, for equity and justice and inclusiveness,the Presidency should be zoned to the South East.
We are not second class citizens. Although I am mature enough to know that our politicians from our zone have not got their acts together. They are disunited and selfish. How can they form a power Bloc if they are disunited and no one will give you power just because. You must work for it.
Ya gazie

You just said it all.
Most of the people commenting don't even have data to watch the video.
He defended himself very well

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Disgraces Himself On Arise TV by Laggafin: 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2022
Bonjovi13:

Ya gazie
You spoilt ur good piece of writing @ end
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Disgraces Himself On Arise TV by Randomgist(m): 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2022
I ordinarily won't watch this video but because of the headline I watched it to the end, now I'm wondering if the headline meant the opposite, maybe it's intended to make people watch the interview.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Disgraces Himself On Arise TV by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2022
Bonjovi13:

Oga you seem to have forgotten that languages are better learnt in childhood.
Orji Uzor Kalu and lots of other people in Nigeria who were from poor homes didn't have the privilege of learning English during their childhood.
Most struggle with English even in adulthood.

That was not why I made that post.

The reason was because you said the French and the Chinese don't speak English, so we shouldn't make a big deal out of English.

You are forgetting that they don't speak English because it is not their official language. It is not expected of a Chinese to speak English since it is not his official language.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Disgraces Himself On Arise TV by Bonjovi13: 9:34pm On Jan 14, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

That was not why I made that post.

The reason was because you said the French and the Chinese don't speak English, so we shouldn't make a big deal out of English.

You are forgetting that they don't speak English because it is not their official language. It is not expected of a Chinese to speak English since it is not his official language.

I get your point. English is our official language yes, but lots of Nigerians can't speak English fluently because of the kind of poor educational background(especially at primary level )they had. So I am explaining to you why despite the fact that Nigeria has English as one of Her official languages, lots can't speak English fluently cos it's not native to them,and they were exposed to English education at elementary levels. Go to the North and see lots of English illiterates. Are they not Nigerians? Can you blame them?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Disgraces Himself On Arise TV by Polchiz(m): 9:53pm On Jan 14, 2022
Bonjovi13:

Ya gazie
You really have time for these yoruba idiots. They are out to discredit every Igbo man contesting for president using the media.
Their hatred for Igbos is unimaginable

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi China Is Broke! / Peter Obi 2023: 5 Million Dollars Gofundme Donations Activated For Campaign-pic / 2023: Why PDP Governors Dump Atiku, Backs Tinubu’s Presidential Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.