Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Can Someone Explain First Fruit - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Explain First Fruit (12874 Views)

First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by kingxsamz(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2022
Scam.
That's the only explanation you need.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by kingxsamz(m): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2022
Zi:
T. H. I. E. F

A dull Thief for that matter. grin
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by dazzlingd(m): 11:07am On Jan 16, 2022
An avenue to fool you, impoverish you and enrich your smart pastors

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Naijanascam: 11:11am On Jan 16, 2022
First fruit is invented by the criminal minded CLERGY to reap from the suffering and smiling members while their households are making merry with it ...

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Doyou2019: 11:12am On Jan 16, 2022
Odingo1:

grin grin cheesy grin, funny poor masses don suffer at the hand of pastors in Nigeria. The money they suppose to use to feed their family they given it to someone.

Don't pity the sheeples. They give so they could receive without merit. A clear case of Ole jam Ole.

By the way where is Albaggdad or whatever the eff that moniker is spelt? This is his favorite NL topic grin

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by tonididdy(m): 11:13am On Jan 16, 2022
I think the Christiandom needs restructuring... It will not be easy to win souls like this.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:13am On Jan 16, 2022
In this Christian thread, there are two sects of people attacking Christian. They're :
1. Headslamming Religions
2. Traditional/Occultic religions

But, Christian still tolerate them but in their own thread the useless owner of this forum made it compulsory to swear with their Koran whatever before you comment. Very nonsensical nonsense people! And the traditionalist, una go dey loose market, fowl,yam,goat and pepper.. If una like make una keep attacking Christians.. Every religion should be neutral, this is how it is been practiced overseas ,you're not more occultic and knowledgeable than red Indians in America; that's if they ain't the number one in the world in occultism. Yeye African illiterates interlopers!

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by babamoha(m): 11:13am On Jan 16, 2022
What are we to say to?
Using your money to bless your family members or members of the society that are in need .
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Wealthinwealth1: 11:15am On Jan 16, 2022
From my understanding, I think it's the profit from your harvest or if you are a salary or wage earner your first earning of the year, Prov 3:9, Ex 34:26 Ex 44:30. One thing I know is IT BRINGS BREAKTHROUGHS AND IMCOMPARABLE UPLIFTMENTS. sometimes it might be difficult to release all the proceeds but if you can jst adhere and fulfill your part, your life will never remain the same.

Abraham adhered by giving Isaac, he became the father of nations
The widow of Zarapeth releases all that remained with her, she was blessed immeasurably
God releases Jesus Christ, the power of devil was defeated FOREVER 1Cor 15:20.

I pray God should always bless me so that my first fruit will be like GMD of oil companies annual income. He has started it already and He wont stop blessing me in Jesus name, Amen
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Ferdinandu(m): 11:17am On Jan 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

15% of your first earnings eg first salary, that is (tithe) 10% + 5% (First Fruit).

And 15% whenever your earnings/ salary increases on the First Increase.

It is important because a Christian Knows God and Understands all things and loves God very very much.

Who put out this quadratic equation for you that you are proudly flaunting up and down . See how these scammers have skillfully manipulated you to release your hard earned money for them and you are proudly showing off the foolery. Or maybe you are even one of the scammers

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Thebigheart: 11:18am On Jan 16, 2022
My advise to you, first fruit is biblical.
No body should deceive you. Proverb 3:9-10 says it all.

Some of them shouting first fruit is a scam must have pay Thier yearly sacrifice in their OCCULT. But they are here shouting first fruit is a scam to deceive you. RUN FROM THEM.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Ferdinandu(m): 11:21am On Jan 16, 2022
'
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by JesusistheLIFE: 11:33am On Jan 16, 2022
Somethings are not commanded but revelational. Sone firstfruit testimonies will humble you.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:34am On Jan 16, 2022
tunjijones:

Why do you have to give it to the church? Why do church make it compulsory for members to bring their first salary
It's not compulsory, If you believe in it give, if you don't believe it don't give. No one will stop you from coming to Church if you didn't give. Since I became a Christian, I have never given a Tithe nor First Fruit and no one have ever question me of not giving. But I want to start giving this year, first with tithe and see if there is changes since they said there is blessing attached to it. I will tried it for two years and see the difference, if there is difference, back to status quo. Bear and pepper soup would be sacrifice for this cause.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Neypopin: 11:35am On Jan 16, 2022
It's a mystery strategy from heaven to increase whether you are a believer or not.

It's a law of giver that says giver never lacks.

This is what Bible says about first fruits.

Genesis 4:3-4

3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

Proverbs. 3:9
9 Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

Romans. 11:16

16 For if the first fruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Exodus 34:26

26 The first of the first fruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

Key into it, you shall be increase in every area you are lacking in your life.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by blamingthedevil: 11:42am On Jan 16, 2022
brosom:
First fruit is biblical and very important,

But gods of men have abused it thus it lost it's importance.

U can give ur first fruit to someone, family, the needy, the motherless that are in need of.

Don't give it to any pastor.

Only giving, tithes and offerings that are biblical , but other laws, same people will say we now under grace

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by holuwajobar(m): 11:44am On Jan 16, 2022
silibaba:

Did the law say you should hand it over do pastor? God talk say bring it to the store house.

Is your pastor the storehouse?

LET me begin by shocking you: In the entire Gospels, there is not a single place Jesus clearly commands us to pay tithes! I shock you the more: In the only two places Jesus mentions tithes, he is discernibly cynical about it!

Admittedly, he never tells us not to pay tithes, either. However, from the Gospels, it could be deduced that his overall attitude towards tithes is that of cynicism and ambivalence.

I think this point is very important because it brings you (the reader) face-to-face to the fact that this whole ado about tithes is actually about something our Lord treats with so much cynicism and ambivalence.

So, one begins to wonder why the fuss about something Christ himself didn’t consider worthy of attention. If it weren’t for ideological and financial interests, the people emphasising tithes today would have been the same people who would ask their typical question: “Where did Christ say it?”

Now, let’s check out those two places in the Gospels. (As a matter of fact, Jesus uttered the word “tithe” only three times, but one is essentially a synoptic version of the other – so we are basically left with only two). The first: “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill, and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith.

It is these you ought to have practised without neglecting the others” (RSV. Matt 23: 23; cf. Lk 11: 42). The second: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus: ‘God I thank you that I am not like other people … I tithe a tenth of all my income.’” (Lk 18: 10-12).

These two passages buttress my argument to the effect that Jesus’ overall disposition towards tithes is that of cynicism and ambivalence. In the first passage, Jesus clearly indicates that the concern about truth, justice, fairness, mercy, love, etc. is “weightier” than, and therefore preferable to, tithe-paying. Tithe-paying is secondary and must take a subsidiary position.

Everyone acting like they didn't see this post.... The whole tithe scam has been exposed

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by awoluyi(m): 11:46am On Jan 16, 2022
If you are a corn (maize) farmer and you plant corn today, under favouable conditions in exactly 90 days after planting matured corns should be ready for harvesting.
Before you eat out of the matured corns the Bible says "put SOME of the first produce of each harvest into A BASKET and bring it to place the Lord your God CHOOSES for his named to be HONORED." (NLT Deut 26:2).
This is what is known as first fruits offering.
Is salary (money) a fruit?
Assuming it is, where is it written that the whole of January salary should be offered as first fruit?
Please be wise, so that you don't get involved in making sacrifices of a fool.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Tallesty1(m): 11:46am On Jan 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

15% of your first earnings eg first salary, that is (tithe) 10% + 5% (First Fruit).

It is important because a Christian Knows God and Understands all things and loves God very very much.

Now this is funny not important.

As far as Christianity is concerned, Christians are the first fruits of Jesus.

You don't give/pay first fruit, you're the first fruit.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by genkins(m): 11:47am On Jan 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Which God? Money God? Mammon?
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Originalsly: 11:48am On Jan 16, 2022
beautyfunke:

Pls can someone explain first fruit, is it important a Christian must give first fruit?

Did you ask the person who is asking for it? Whatever the question.... there must be a flow up question..... always at least two. Ask both.... get the answers to both. Bible quote for the first... must be Bible quote for the second. E.g ... on first fruit..... Why must a Christian give first fruit/ tithe? .... folllw up question When collected what must be done with it? The second question is widely avoided. What is to be done when collected as instructed in the same Bible is almost never ever talked about. First fruit... tithes etc ... the main purpose of such collections is to share to the less fortunate... the poor..... almost all of it... and just a little for the sustenance of the pastor. Is that happening?... it is for you to discern ... to figure out the wolves in sheep's clothing.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by efficiencie(m): 11:48am On Jan 16, 2022
beautyfunke:
Pls can someone explain first fruit, is it important a Christian must give first fruit?

This is my own view of this. I could be wrong but I am still open to learning the mystery of God's feast days and their fulfilment.

The first fruits is one of the sacrifices taught to us by God.

Exodus 23:16 And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field.

In the days of the law and the prophets, you could offer first fruits of wine, wheat, livestock, etc and all of these are sacrifices UNTO THE LORD (Leviticus 2, Leviticus 23).

In our times, the times of the new covenant, we are to fulfil the law and prophets as Christ did and not blindly observe them without knowledge. Paul said something important about the firstfruits.

Romans 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

If you consecrate your firstfruits by setting it apart in service of the LORD GOD the source of the firstfruits will also be consecrated and blessed.

Now some will say that all the sacrifices were fulfilled on our behalf by the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus but that is not true because Jesus fulfilled the feasts of passover, unleavened bread and pentecost for us to walk in the light of the fulfilment of these feasts. Jesus fulfilled passover so we too are to walk in the light of the fulfilment of the passover as instructed below:

Matthew 26:26-28 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Here the flesh and the blood of Jesus became food indeed and drink indeed just as the Israelites ate the passover lamb in Exodus 12:1-11- which is what we refer to today as holy communion.

Jesus during the feast of unleavened bread provided a means, by his flesh and blood, for the world to be rid of sin (Matthew 26:26-28), brought salvation to the spirits in captivity (Matthew 27:52-53, 1 Peter 3:19, Ephesians 4:9) and round that week off by offering to the Father the firstfruits of his work on earth (John 20:17). So as Jesus did so must we His children. We must daily be crucified, we must fulfil the feast of unleavened bread by being holy and consecrated unto God and we must offer the first fruits of our labor as Christ did.

7 sabbaths after the feast of unleavened bread (Leviticus 23:15-16) was the feast of pentecost and this was fulfilled by Jesus sending us the Holy Spirit (John14:26) the 7 spirits of God (Revelations 5:6), to seal the new covenant, writing the laws of God on our hearts (Hebrews 8:10). No more do we have to observe to do laws written on tables of stone but we become one with the law of the LORD by virtue of it being written in our hearts.

We are to fulfil these feasts/sacrifices as Jesus fulfilled them and we to do so by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by beautyfunke(m): 11:52am On Jan 16, 2022
Wealthinwealth1:
From my understanding, I think it's the profit from your harvest or if you are a salary or wage earner your first earning of the year, Prov 3:9, Ex 34:26 Ex 44:30. One thing I know is IT BRINGS BREAKTHROUGHS AND IMCOMPARABLE UPLIFTMENTS. sometimes it might be difficult to release all the proceeds but if you can jst adhere and fulfill your part, your life will never remain the same.

Abraham adhered by giving Isaac, he became the father of nations
The widow of Zarapeth releases all that remained with her, she was blessed immeasurably
God releases Jesus Christ, the power of devil was defeated FOREVER 1Cor 15:20.

I pray God should always bless me so that my first fruit will be like GMD of oil companies annual income. He has started it already and He wont stop blessing me in Jesus name, Amen
are you trying to tell me that tithe and first fruit is the only way that God use to bless someone on earth?
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by EdwardRandy(m): 11:57am On Jan 16, 2022
Odingo1:
African pastors milking their gullible members to live large with fleet of private jets and enough battalion of police to protect them while going out.
Leaving their church members behind to be kidnapped by bandits.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Funkymode(m): 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2022
First fruit is supposed to be for the Pastors so that they won't work and feed from the said first fruit throughout the year, that why the Bible says where one work there he eat, and the House of GOD should not be empty, but our today's pastors are cutting jobs, fake pastors now flood everywhere, forcing people to pay the kinds of bills in the church, scamming people in the name GOD.
Tithe according to the Bible, it's a levy in the old testament and the purpose is for development in the community just like tax and part of it is used to care for travelers who get stuck and have to pass the night in their community, instead of asking one of the residents to accommodate a stranger into their house, which will not go down well with some who doesn't have enough to feed the stranger alone, so they get them lodge in the inn in the community and feed them from the same account, and this was only applied to the levite and later abducted by the Hebrews
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by TheDemola: 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Kindly support with bible verse
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Joyceogechi(f): 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
Chat me up let me explain it 07014813820

beautyfunke:

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Evidenx(m): 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
beautyfunke:

JESUS CHRIST IS THE FIRST FRUIT OF ALL THINGS. THEREFORE NOTHING LIKE GIVING ALL YOUR SALARY FOR THE MONTH TO THE CHURCH OR PASTOR.

WE MUST SAY THE TRUTH SO THAT D TRUTH WILL SET PEOPLE FREE. PASTORS NA LONG THROAT FOR MONEY DEY MAKE UNA COLLECT FIRST FRUIT.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by BERNIMOORE: 12:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

And the poor is still poor even when he did not Listen to what God hath Said hence "the destruction of the poor, is their poverty" as they hath chosen to destroy themselves!

why are you adding to the scriptures? proverbs 10:15 where you quoted "the destruction of the poor, is their poverty" BUT IT Never Mentioned that ''The poor hath chosen (poverty) to destroy themselves with poverty'' The verse Was only a selection of proverbs from king David, AND NOT an instruction

Lets see from the verse 1 of the same proverbs 10:1
''The Proverbs of Solomon'': A wise son makes a glad father, But a foolish son is the grief of his mother.
To shock you, the same chapter 10 verse 2 says
2 Treasures of wickedness profit nothing, But righteousness delivers from death.

which means even when you are rich and your riches is Not clean but dubious, its a waste before God

So i advice you not to get your bible quotation from Greedy pastors, they will mislead you

Lastly, proverbs justify that when someone has little, its not a punishment like the evil GREEDY longthroath pastor made you to believe, that little that was made from clean deals is pleasing to God, which you termed poverty

Proverbs 16:8

Better is a little with righteousness
Than great income with injustice

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by LasgidyPort: 12:24pm On Jan 16, 2022
HonestFriend:
I don't know it... But a friend of mine say its means your first pikin...

But I no believe am..

Another person say na ur first salary of the year u come use everything do tithe for church..

Yes, your first child. But the Jews of old now redeemed the child with gifts of their produce to the Lord.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by excel101(m): 12:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
beautyfunke:

As a salary earner, your firstfruit is your net paycheck for the first month of every year. While as a business person, your firstfruit is the highest profit(in any single transaction) you made for the first month of every year, excluding your capital.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Ifihanoluwa44: 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
The way to described first fruits offering is in the book of Exodus 34vs26.read thus:the first of the firstfruits if they land thou shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God.its means all your first salary as a monthly worker and if you are a biz man or woman all your first profit that you make you supposed to take it to the house of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) / How Do We Know That Jesus Is The Son Of God? / Should You Be Paying Tithe While You're Owing People Money? — Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.