Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,524 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Can Someone Explain First Fruit - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Explain First Fruit (12876 Views)

First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by beautyfunke(m): 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
Joyceogechi:

Chat me up let me explain it 07014813820

so that you can introduce me to GNLD product
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Jaqenhghar: 12:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
Odingo1:
African pastors milking their gullible members to live large with fleet of private jets and enough battalion of police to protect them while going out.
Meanwhile tell tell their followers these tall tales about how assassins came to them and they commanded them to flee.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Odingo1: 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ifihanoluwa44:
The way to described first fruits offering is in the book of Exodus 34vs26.read thus:the first of the firstfruits if they land thou shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God.its means all your first salary as a monthly worker and if you are a biz man or woman all your first profit that you make you supposed to take it to the house of God.
The person family is not house of God abi
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Jaqenhghar: 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
tunjijones:
Why do you have to give it to the church? Why do church make it compulsory for members to bring their first salary of the year. Does it have biblical backing or the pastors are just using it to reap members off.

The churches of these days they just sieve the Bible and pick the one that suit them and throw the others away. Have you taken your time to read the old Testament? Especially the five five books of Moses. There are a lot of commandments that we don't follow this day cos it's no more relevant this age and time. But it's from that same old Testament the pastors see the first fruit thing and they cling to it just to reap people off.
My cousin was arguing with one of those sheep. The sheep told my cousin that you cant practice everything in the bible that the word of God is like a computer. You dont just intall every software but pick what suits your purpose. When the sheep asked my cousin to bring tithe money my cousi responded that since you pick whatever you want, he has chosen to not pick the tithe part.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by BERNIMOORE: 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

15% of your first earnings eg first salary, that is (tithe) 10% + 5% (First Fruit).

And 15% whenever your earnings/ salary increases on the First Increase.

It is important because a Christian Knows God and Understands all things and loves God very very much.

All these above DOES NOT APPLY TO CHRIST FOLLOWERS TODAY...
Why, the LAW Was only for the isrealite Jew that Had a covenant with God Through Moses, it wasnt a perpetual Law, and rather IT HAS BEEN ANNULED

Lets consider how all the law of Tithe and firstfruits came ONLY as a commandment only to the jew:
Hebrew 7:5
5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, HAVE A COMMANDMENT to receive tithes from the people ACCORDING TO THE LAW....
Hebrew 7:18
For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, 19 for the law made nothing [e]perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

CHRIST IS THE HOPE, AND TO NAIL IT, CHRIST DEATH ENDED THE LAW AND COMMANDMENT THAT BROUGHT TITHE, FIRSTFRUITS ETC,,,read

Romans 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

So when you pay firstfruits or tithe today, You are simply disrespecting CHRIST RAMSOME SACRIFICE ON YOUR BEHALF, BUT WORSHIPING YOUR PASTOR...SIMPLE

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by igbowoman: 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2022
First fruit is a scam for the gullible minds that refuse to have a personal walk with the Holy Spirit
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Jaqenhghar: 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2022
Odingo1:

grin grin cheesy grin, funny poor masses don suffer at the hand of pastors in Nigeria. The money they suppose to use to feed their family they are given it to someone.
February go rough. I pity their children
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Oceanblaze(m): 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2022
The first fruit that falls from a tree...like mango tree or paw paw tree....wisdom wan faint me
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by brightalo1010: 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
You have said the word "Counted" which means "Claimed", which means He does not belong to me. He is God's.

So I lay no hold or claim or plan as I have seen other parents do over him. My son walks and shall walk in the Way God layeth before him.

My hand no dey

So what did Abraham paid tithe with ? Can you mention things Abraham the first ever thither used in paying tithe ? Abi his own tithe is different from yours ?
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by divineappo(m): 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2022
First fruit is money paid to pastors by gullible and ignorant people who have refused to read their bible

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by BERNIMOORE: 12:57pm On Jan 16, 2022
Wealthinwealth1:
From my understanding, I think it's the profit from your harvest or if you are a salary or wage earner your first earning of the year, Prov 3:9, Ex 34:26 Ex 44:30. One thing I know is IT BRINGS BREAKTHROUGHS AND IMCOMPARABLE UPLIFTMENTS. sometimes it might be difficult to release all the proceeds but if you can jst adhere and fulfill your part, your life will never remain the same.
All these above DOES NOT APPLY TO CHRIST FOLLOWERS TODAY...
Why, the LAW Was only for the isrealite Jew that Had a covenant with God Through Moses, it wasnt a perpetual Law, and rather IT HAS BEEN ANNULED

Lets consider how all the law of Tithe and firstfruits came ONLY as a commandment only to the jew:
Hebrew 7:5
5 And indeed those who are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, HAVE A COMMANDMENT to receive tithes from the people ACCORDING TO THE LAW....
Hebrew 7:18
For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness, 19 for the law made nothing [e]perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

CHRIST IS THE HOPE, AND TO NAIL IT, CHRIST DEATH ENDED THE LAW AND COMMANDMENT THAT BROUGHT TITHE, FIRSTFRUITS ETC,,,read

Romans 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

So when you pay firstfruits or tithe today, You are simply disrespecting CHRIST RAMSOME SACRIFICE ON YOUR BEHALF, BUT WORSHIPING YOUR PASTOR...SIMPLE
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Wealthinwealth1: 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
beautyfunke:
are you trying to tell me that tithe and first fruit is the only way that God use to bless someone on earth?
I never mentioned that's the only way but it is one of the MYSTERIES that makes GOD come out in full force by honoring His covenant of blessings upon us . If what you are giving doesnt move you, IT CAN NEVER MOVE GOD. find someone in the scripture that gave with obedience even when it wasn't comfortable that God did not bless immensely

Abraham-------God told him IN BLESSING I WILL BLESS YOU ( it means even in numerous wealth, God will still be blessing him)

Many might b saying ole, thief, etc. Trust me some of us are always looking forward to it. Paid mine even before the pay came in. Last year jan my monthly pay was 25k, in 2022 my daily pay is multiplied by 10 of last years monthly pay. YOU CANT TELL SOMEONE LIKE ME THAT FIRST FRUIT IS SCAM, IF THIS HOW GOD SCAM PEOPLE BY BLESSING THEM, HE SHOULD CONTINUE SCAMMING ME
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Zaddyjoe: 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
Read the book of Proverbs 3 vs. 9-10. Thats a deep mystery. #Udo
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

First fruit is offering or giving your pastor whatever you have or earned first.

Your first salary must be given to your pastor

Your first car and house must be handover to your pastor

Your pastor must first of all make love to your newly wedded wife before you.
It continues like that.

What about your first child?
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by stainbaba(m): 1:21pm On Jan 16, 2022
beautyfunke:
Pls can someone explain first fruit, is it important a Christian must give first fruit?

First Fruit is 2.5% of ur salary in full..not take home salary while ur tithe is 10% in full not take home. It's very important and necessary for all believers to pay that token to God, it's a command. Some pple will not agree, that's left for you. But if you are a true believer and a follower of Jesus Christ, you should pay that, and the blessings will definitely follow you bcus our God is a just God... Happy Sunday folks
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Mryacks: 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2022
RuddyFusion:

I thought it's your first earnings for the year ....the whole of it or do you have Biblical backings for your position?

You are more accurate ...
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Enyimbamercedes: 1:23pm On Jan 16, 2022
Simply a creation by charlatans (men of god) to rip off church members by making them believe that they must give the first salary of the year to the church.

I had a colleague many years ago who was begging for money at the end of January. I asked her what she did with her 450,000 salary and she said first fruit. I felt extreme pity for the fool...call it pitiful... that you would give your entire wage to a pastor.

I have never paid a tithe or given a first fruit but guess what, i have never lacked because i give to who matters...people in need. Ont he other hand, the colleague who was giving a first fruit is not any better than she was at the end of January when she had no money.

If you do this, you are simply a nincompoop

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by naija4life247: 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

15% of your first earnings eg first salary, that is (tithe) 10% + 5% (First Fruit).

It is important because a Christian Knows God and Understands all things and loves God very very much.

Big Thief. Ole Nla.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Necessity1: 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
Kindly read Deuteronomy 26 vs 1-3; Exodus 23 vs 19; You will see that is a mandate from God and not men. Do not be deceived by people who claim is a scam, because they are not ready to obey God's instructions due to their experiences with some self-made Ministers of god. God said in Deuteronomy 28 vs 1-15 "if you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands............ You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country, ....... your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed......
.."
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by SeriouslySense(m): 1:48pm On Jan 16, 2022
I think scam churches like that verse. cheesy cheesy

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Necessity1: 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2022
canada2022:
If we practice first fruit what about other laws in the old testament

Read Matthew 5 vs 17 to 20
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2022
i wish someone would just sow a first fruit into my life so i can jus pay my school and he/she would get d fee back with an interest.. Please.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Any Christian scriptural basis?
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

First fruit is offering or giving your pastor whatever you have or earned first.

Your first salary must be given to your pastor

Your first car and house must be handover to your pastor

Your pastor must first of all make love to your newly wedded wife before you.

It continues like that.

Any Christian scripture backing this?
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
canada2022:
If we practice first fruit what about other laws in the old testament

Those ones don't involve giving money so they are not important.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by lookingfly: 2:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
My looks when they talk about first fruit and tithe in church......ask yourselves, did Jesus ever paid first fruit or tithe!

Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Emperor5(m): 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2022
Can a couple in marriage give their first child to church as first fruit?
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by mu2sa2: 3:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
Iretii0511:

shocked

So, who will spend the money? God?
The pastor collects money on behalf of god and spend it on behalf of god.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by deebrownneymar: 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2022
beautyfunke:
Pls can someone explain first fruit, is it important a Christian must give first fruit?

Easy... it's when you take the first salary or earnings of the year give to the church in its entirety, with the expectation that God will multiply the seed sown.

Simply put...it's a religious ponzy scheme.
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Goldenlight: 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
The Bible says that God is a spirit and they that will worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth once you become born again according to God's own definition you become his first fruit
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by Goldenlight: 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
But they have turned everything to physical it has nothing to do with money
Re: Can Someone Explain First Fruit by isunday: 4:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
southpole:
Why refer him to Pastor chris and Not the Bible?

I referred him to a message preached on the topic and as you know, pastor did not write his own Bible but rather he made reference to scriptures in the Bible.
Also, giving him scriptures might not help much as he may not understand until some breaks it down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do We Know That Jesus Is The Son Of God? / Should You Be Paying Tithe While You're Owing People Money? — Nigerian Man / What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.