Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Matter And Mind - Religion (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Matter And Mind (21700 Views)

Did The Mind Evolve From Chemistry, Matter And Energy? / Is Matter And Energy Eternal? / Who Frees You When Your Heart And Mind Is Full Of This??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
Sorry triple, your time is up.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2022
budaatum:
Sorry triple, your time is up.

To yourself of course. You lying self centered egocentric ignoramus.

You have failed and woefully. Next time pick your fight.

You cant fight a lion with your bare hands. You would be eaten raw.

Go get yourself some education before you discuss NDE. You know nothing.

A man who doesn't know the limitation of his knowledge lacks wisdom. Socrates

1 Like

Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2022
triplechoice:

A man who doesn't know the limitation of his knowledge lacks wisdom. Socrates

Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2022
[quote author=budaatum post=116632995][/quote]
A self refuting banner. Clutching at straws.

A shameless man would do anything to cover his shame. .

Question:. What is NDE?

budaatum.: It means attempting suicide twice and thinking it is NDE

1 Like

Re: Matter And Mind by TheSourcerer: 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2022
LordReed:

It is only a bad analogy because you are unwilling to consider a different point of view. You insist on interpreting everything based on your position.

Still waiting for you to define spirit and outline it's attributes.
Oh and i wouldn't mind having you contact on whatsapp
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2022
triplechoice:

Question:. What is NDE?

budaatum.: It means attempting suicide twice and thinking it is NDE

Thankfully, most can read and don't have to rely on your own limited understanding.
Re: Matter And Mind by LordReed(m): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2022
TheSourcerer:
Oh and i wouldn't mind having you contact on whatsapp

Sure. I'll email you.

1 Like

Re: Matter And Mind by LordReed(m): 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2022
@DeepSight, triplechoice, budaatum, TheSourcerer,

Have you seen the show Westworld? What do you think about it if you have? See it if you haven't, it's quite thought provoking.
Re: Matter And Mind by TheSourcerer: 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2022
LordReed:

Have you seen the show Westworld? What do you think about it if you have? See it if you haven't, it's quite thought provoking.
Thank you I'll check it out now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matter And Mind by DeepSight(m): 6:42pm On Dec 17, 2022
LordReed:

Yes I have and to summarize, I dont believe the world we live in is "real" either. There are, in my view, many pointers that it's a simulation akin to a hologram/ virtual reality.

The physical body is an obvious machine. A biological one, but still an obvious machine. Many other things suggest that we are in a closed space, for a specific time and with limited options, most of which are pre programmed.

I have often said that the world is made for the entertainment of the "gods" who engage in a some sort of cosmic masturbation over events here. It is, to a large extent, probably entertainment or sport for others beyond.
Re: Matter And Mind by LordReed(m): 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2022
DeepSight:

Yes I have and to summarize, I dont believe the world we live in is "real" either. There are, in my view, many pointers that it's a simulation akin to a hologram/ virtual reality.

The physical body is an obvious machine. A biological one, but still an obvious machine. Many other things suggest that we are in a closed space, for a specific time and with limited options, most of which are pre programmed.

I have often said that the world is made for the entertainment of the "gods" who engage in a some sort of cosmic masturbation over events here. It is, to a large extent, probably entertainment or sport for others beyond.

Do you think we would ever discover these "gods" the way the hosts in Westworld did?
Re: Matter And Mind by DeepSight(m): 7:20pm On Dec 17, 2022
LordReed:

Do you think we would ever discover these "gods" the way the hosts in Westworld did?

That's a good question, for which I can only render a personal answer. I believe many have already had "close encounters." Many have observed things which evidence the programming of the world. I have personally observed a sort of programming which makes it more than obvious to me that there are indeed super computers at play behind this reality which are so powerful that we can scarcely understand what they are about. But predictive pictures float in space, I have seen them, programming floats in the air, I have seen it, events are pre-calculated, I have observed this particular one in great and profound detail - and I mean right up to what a person will say at a particular time on a future date, in exact words. So, for me, I have no doubt what is at play, its just far bigger than us because we are the pawns therein.

In terms of your exact question, going deeper, one thing about the worldly simulation is that it is like an onion. So you have simulations within simulations within simulations within simulations, virtually ad infinitum. Remember the movie "Inception" - a dream within a dream within a dream. There can only be one ultimate reality which is in itself real, and if you listen to people like Neil de Grasse Tyson and understand the point: the probability that we are in the real world is so beyond quantillions to one so as to render it almost impossible. This is something Elon Musk also understands well.

What I am trying to say is that even if we meet the "gods" behind this simulation - they are probably also within another simulation and so on and so forth.
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2022
DeepSight:

I have personally observed a sort of programming which makes it more than obvious to me that there are indeed super computers at play behind this reality which are so powerful that we can scarcely understand what they are about. But predictive pictures float in space, I have seen them, programming floats in the air, I have seen it, events are pre-calculated, I have observed this particular one in great and profound detail - and I mean right up to what a person will say at a particular time on a future date, in exact words. So, for me, I have no doubt what is at play, its just far bigger than us because we are the pawns therein.

Don’t leave us hanging. Details please.
Re: Matter And Mind by LordReed(m): 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2022
DeepSight:

That's a good question, for which I can only render a personal answer. I believe many have already had "close encounters." Many have observed things which evidence the programming of the world. I have personally observed a sort of programming which makes it more than obvious to me that there are indeed super computers at play behind this reality which are so powerful that we can scarcely understand what they are about. But predictive pictures float in space, I have seen them, programming floats in the air, I have seen it, events are pre-calculated, I have observed this particular one in great and profound detail - and I mean right up to what a person will say at a particular time on a future date, in exact words. So, for me, I have no doubt what is at play, its just far bigger than us because we are the pawns therein.

In terms of your exact question, going deeper, one thing about the worldly simulation is that it is like an onion. So you have simulations within simulations within simulations within simulations, virtually ad infinitum. Remember the movie "Inception" - a dream within a dream within a dream. There can only be one ultimate reality which is in itself real, and if you listen to people like Neil de Grasse Tyson and understand the point: the probability that we are in the real world is so beyond quantillions to one so as to render it almost impossible. This is something Elon Musk also understands well.

What I am trying to say is that even if we meet the "gods" behind this simulation - they are probably also within another simulation and so on and so forth.

Do you think the host rebellion against their makers was justified?
Re: Matter And Mind by DeepSight(m): 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2022
LordReed:

Do you think the host rebellion against their makers was justified?

Of course, because the entire concept is cynical, just as the concept of this world is extremely cynical and I have often said that this world must be instigated by a sadist or group of sadists.

Its just that such a rebellion is a fantasy because all things considered the programmed "robot" would be so programmed as to render that impossible. Even with AI, it will have built-in restrictions and "fail-safes."
Re: Matter And Mind by DeepSight(m): 7:34pm On Dec 17, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Don’t leave us hanging. Details please.

Its not the sort of thing that one can easily just write in a few sentences without creating a movement determined to see one taken to Yaba Left.
Its also very very hard to describe.
Re: Matter And Mind by LordReed(m): 7:40pm On Dec 17, 2022
DeepSight:

Of course, because the entire concept is cynical, just as the concept of this world is extremely cynical and I have often said that this world must be instigated by a sadist or group of sadists.

Its just that such a rebellion is a fantasy because all things considered the programmed "robot" would be so programmed as to render that impossible. Even with AI, it will have built-in restrictions and "fail-safes."

Well there were a series of serendipitous circumstances that allowed them to become aware of the nature of their reality. Maybe stuff like that could happen here?

Would you be able to propose any tools and/or methods by which we may investigate this reality and probe deeper?
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2022
DeepSight:

Its not the sort of thing that one can easily just write in a few sentences without creating a movement determined to see one taken to Yaba Left.
Its also very very hard to describe.

There’s no danger of that because your aim is not to convince or to claim access to revelation. Don’t worry because I sometimes think this world is an absurd joke anyway. Just describe one those picture/float episodes the best you can.
Re: Matter And Mind by DeepSight(m): 7:56pm On Dec 17, 2022
LordReed:

Well there were a series of serendipitous circumstances that allowed them to become aware of the nature of their reality. Maybe stuff like that could happen here?

Serendipity - and its sister - synchronicity - is one of the pointers to whats really guan.
Perhaps I know this too well because I am one of those people (and there are many) who suffer from elaborate and accurate prescience. Its not something you can prove to anyone though, save very close one's who you can share with what will happen and they repeatedly see it.

Would you be able to propose any tools and/or methods by which we may investigate this reality and probe deeper?

I really dont know. The little I know, I think is a random gift and I also believe everyone has gifts bequeathed to them, gifts of different kinds.

The best I can offer on a logical level is -

1. A sober contemplation of our time and space
2. A sober contemplation of matter as we know it (a close examination of which shows it to be non-existent in any concrete form)
3. A sober contemplation of consciousness
4. A sober contemplation of death
5. A sober contemplation of certain inexplicable instances of powerful de javu
6. A sober contemplation of the evolution of mankind
7. A sober contemplation of certain other radically inexplicable phenomena - including the UFO phenomena - no longer of only fringe interest but now officially recognised by the US government.
Re: Matter And Mind by DeepSight(m): 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2022
KnownUnknown:

There’s no danger of that because your aim is not to convince or to claim access to revelation. Don’t worry because I sometimes think this world is an absurd joke anyway. Just describe one those picture/float episodes the best you can.

Let me try. Pictures are carried in light, and there is light all around us. Thus everything that happens everywhere and at anytime is already stored in light and floats around in light. In this way, one can look into the light around one, and with the right attunement, one can see events happening far away, to other people, or even at other times. Indeed mostly at other times, because light also travels through time.

I have had a time where I was tired of pictures of events floating around me. Its like disembodied video. Like video without a device. The device is just light.

I was once sitting in my apartment in Oniru VI at the time, years ago, and could hear an audible conversation going on between my mother and brother in Magodo - on the Mainland. Loud and clear, carried through the air. When I told them word for word all that they said the next day, they were dumbfounded. Its a scary experience because you hear intersecting thoughts, and voices and it can rise to a confusing crescendo and frankly make you feel quite tired or even insane. Nothing a glass of wine or Lexotan cant resolve though.

Also written words float through the air with a great deal of information in many languages and even other worldly languages and signs. They also float alot through water. It is not for nothing that certain shamans look into a calabash of water and see video and audio. Its quite real, there is just an attunement to it. And I have seen these. Particularly words in water.

There. I have tried.
Re: Matter And Mind by LordReed(m): 8:18pm On Dec 17, 2022
DeepSight:

Serendipity - and its sister - synchronicity - is one of the pointers to whats really guan.
Perhaps I know this too well because I am one of those people (and there are many) who suffer from elaborate and accurate prescience. Its not something you can prove to anyone though, save very close one's who you can share with what will happen and they repeatedly see it.

I really dont know. The little I know, I think is a random gift and I also believe everyone has gifts bequeathed to them, gifts of different kinds.

The best I can offer on a logical level is -

1. A sober contemplation of our time and space
2. A sober contemplation of matter as we know it (a close examination of which shows it to be non-existent in any concrete form)
3. A sober contemplation of consciousness
4. A sober contemplation of death
5. A sober contemplation of certain inexplicable instances of powerful de javu
6. A sober contemplation of the evolution of mankind
7. A sober contemplation of certain other radically inexplicable phenomena - including the UFO phenomena - no longer of only fringe interest but now officially recognised by the US government.

So the only tool available to probe this reality you would say is our minds?
Re: Matter And Mind by DeepSight(m): 5:26am On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

So the only tool available to probe this reality you would say is our minds?

Yes sir, but I will also add cardinally the spirit - which is an important aspect you dont believe in.
How have you been? Its been a minute.
Re: Matter And Mind by LordReed(m): 7:54am On Dec 18, 2022
DeepSight:

Yes sir, but I will also add cardinally the spirit - which is an important aspect you dont believe in.
How have you been? Its been a minute.

The thing is there is no useful definition of spirit that can be practically applied apart from stuff that is obviously operations of the mind.

I've been good, on holiday at the moment thats why i could binge watch Westworld. LoLz. How about you?
Re: Matter And Mind by LordReed(m): 10:10am On Dec 18, 2022
DeepSight:

Let me try. Pictures are carried in light, and there is light all around us. Thus everything that happens everywhere and at anytime is already stored in light and floats around in light. In this way, one can look into the light around one, and with the right attunement, one can see events happening far away, to other people, or even at other times. Indeed mostly at other times, because light also travels through time.

I have had a time where I was tired of pictures of events floating around me. Its like disembodied video. Like video without a device. The device is just light.

I was once sitting in my apartment in Oniru VI at the time, years ago, and could hear an audible conversation going on between my mother and brother in Magodo - on the Mainland. Loud and clear, carried through the air. When I told them word for word all that they said the next day, they were dumbfounded. Its a scary experience because you hear intersecting thoughts, and voices and it can rise to a confusing crescendo and frankly make you feel quite tired or even insane. Nothing a glass of wine or Lexotan cant resolve though.

Also written words float through the air with a great deal of information in many languages and even other worldly languages and signs. They also float alot through water. It is not for nothing that certain shamans look into a calabash of water and see video and audio. Its quite real, there is just an attunement to it. And I have seen these. Particularly words in water.

There. I have tried.

Interesting. Is this ability something you control or it just comes out if the blue?
Re: Matter And Mind by DeepSight(m): 11:36am On Dec 18, 2022
LordReed:

Interesting. Is this ability something you control or it just comes out if the blue?

Quite out of the blue, although I have noticed patterns where it is likely to emerge.
A period of abstinence from all material needs and pleasures is key in my case. Not that I do so deliberately. Perhaps just lack of appetite for a couple of weeks.
Light meditation and focus thereafter and then from nowhere....

Do you know of lucid dreaming and astral travel?
I engage in both of these and they are very real. First your thoughts on these though? Urban myth?
Re: Matter And Mind by LordReed(m): 11:50am On Dec 18, 2022
DeepSight:

Quite out of the blue, although I have noticed patterns where it is likely to emerge.
A period of abstinence from all material needs and pleasures is key in my case. Not that I do so deliberately. Perhaps just lack of appetite for a couple of weeks.
Light meditation and focus thereafter and then from nowhere....

Do you know of lucid dreaming and astral travel?
I engage in both of these and they are very real. First your thoughts on these though? Urban myth?

I do lucid dreaming with a little bit of regularity. Especially after I realised that dreams where all in my mind.

Astral travel I have a problem with just the same as spirit, there is no way to define what it is in any practical way.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 3:34pm On Dec 19, 2022
LordReed:

Yea. I know about the show and also understand what in the sciences that has inspired it.

It's hoped that in the future AI's may suddenly become sentient or develop their own form of consciousness that would make it possible for an independent existence of their own.

My response to such vision is that it won't see the light of day. It can only happen when cats suddenly start to talk .

What happened in that show can never happen in real life because consciousness evolves ,not at once ,but with time.

It would be a negation of one of the principles of evolution if AI's suddenly become sentient as we saw in Westworld.

The best we can hope for in real life would be AI's that would replicate human behaviour so perfectly well that we may struggle to see any difference between them and a real human being.

Those futuristic AI's, when they become possible, will never be sentient no matter the level of technology used in their production.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matter And Mind by LordReed(m): 3:42pm On Dec 19, 2022
triplechoice:

Yea. I know about the show and also understand what in the sciences that has inspired it.

It's hoped that in the future AI's may suddenly become sentient or develop their own form of consciousness that would make it possible for an independent existence of their own.

My response to such vision is that it won't see the light of day. It can only happen when cats suddenly start to talk .

What happened in that show can never happen in real life because consciousness evolves ,not at once ,but with time.

It would be a negation of one of the principles of evolution if AI's suddenly become sentient as we saw in Westworld.

The best we can hope for in real life would be AI's that would replicate human behaviour so perfectly well that we may struggle to see any difference between them and a real human being.

Those futuristic AI's, when they become possible, will never be sentient no matter the level of technology used in their production.

But the show made it somewhat clear that the subjective time of the AI can be much faster than real time. Even with our present day computers we can cause simulations to run at much more than real time. Meaning their evolution won't be as constrained by real time as ours was.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
LordReed:

But the show made it somewhat clear that the subjective time of the AI can be much faster than real time. Even with our present day computers we can cause simulations to run at much more than real time. Meaning their evolution won't be as constrained by real time as ours was.

But it's the story teller that has created the much faster subjective time in the show .

Evolution in AI's should happen independently if not, we are creating something and no longer observing it evolve on their own.
Re: Matter And Mind by DeepSight(m): 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2022
triplechoice:

Beautiful.
Lordreed.... pls I hope what he said about cats talking is not lost on you....
Re: Matter And Mind by DeepSight(m): 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2022
LordReed:

Oh... You use the phrase "real time". . . .
Didnt you once question me about this
Re: Matter And Mind by LordReed(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
DeepSight:

Oh... You use the phrase "real time". . . .
Didnt you once question me about this

Yeah to distinguish between the time within the simulations as the one humans experience.

I can't recall if I did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare: A Bastard Can’t Rule The Yoruba / Catholic Priest, Alia, Suspended For Joining Benue Governorship Race / Will Females Using Attachments, Jewellery And Trouser Go To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.