Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Matter And Mind - Religion (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Matter And Mind (22077 Views)

Did The Mind Evolve From Chemistry, Matter And Energy? / Is Matter And Energy Eternal? / Who Frees You When Your Heart And Mind Is Full Of This??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 3:22am On Sep 09, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Do you still have these spontaneous experiences?

Are these spontaneous experiences limited to your body’s location?

Can your “OBE body” view things that are not in your body’s vicinity?

Can your “OBE Body” travel? If yes, how far?

The questions you're asking have their answers in what I already wrote. Please take time to read them again.

I. expect you to know the difference between spontaneous and at will.

And supposing, anyone can do what you're asking you expect them to let you know about it, and then you ask them to fly to your house to confirm what you're doing right now?

Your thoughts are still influenced by all the mumbo jumbo nonsense you have heard.

OBEs is expansion of consciousness, and what is experienced after that depends on the level of awareness of the individual.

It is not special powers but natural phenomena which everyone experiences in varying degrees.

Having a strong sense of knowingness about something going on somewhere far from you that you later confirm to be true, means your consciousness has expanded to perceive things outside of your body.

People think if they don't experience the usual dramatic NDEs or OBEs of leaving the body, then they have not experienced it. Not true.

Scientists are confirming that everyone do have the experience, but can't consciousness recall their experiences due to psychological or biological reasons.

My approach to the phenomena is mostly from a scientific point of view,so don't place me in the category of those who want to show they can demonstrate they have super powers.

Any further questions similar to the ones you asked above will be ignored.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 3:52am On Sep 09, 2022
KnownUnknown:

The only people deceiving the public are those selling stories about NDE and OBE experience. The “current approach” looks like nonsense or maybe your screenshot didn’t provide enough information. What types of scientists are doing these studies?

“ Emergency Department or Research
staff will be alerted to cardiac arrest and
will attend with portable brain oxygen
monitoring devices and a tablet which
will display visual images upwards
above the patient as resuscitation is
taking place.”

Seriously?

After that fanciful activity, the whole thing still hinges on whatever fantasy the subject wants, which will be wholly dependent on what they already know or believe.

“Survivors will then be followed up and with their
consent will have in-depth, audio
recorded interviews.”

OK, sorry I have not shared any link.

The project is tagged AWARE, Awarenesses Resuscitation studies, A collaboration between top scientist from different parts of the world. Doctors ,nurses and other health practitioners in hundreds of hospitals spread across Europe are involved too. It is a massive project, not something done by an individual scientists working alone.

The first phase ,AWAERE1 started in 2014 has ended you can search for the report by doing a simple Google check with the key word, AWARE1. However, the first phrase didn't meet with much success.
.It is the second one ,AWARE11, that has raised some hope from the teasers already released.

You don't need to parody anything now until you get the full report, and also know about the strict methodology used in the study.

They are not set out to confirm any assumptions. The rigorous methods used has eliminated any form of researchers bias.

https://awareofaware.co/2022/05/08/aware-ii-15-percent-of-people-had-reds/

https://neo.life/2022/08/your-brain-at-the-moment-of-death/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/05/07/near-death-experiences-will-studied-seriously-number-people/

https://awareofaware.co/2020/10/17/more-data-from-aware-ii-news-on-aware-iii-and-my-book/

I hope you take the time read the articles from the above links.

Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 11:47am On Sep 09, 2022
triplechoice:

The questions you're asking have their answers in what I already wrote. Please take time to read them again.

I. expect you to know the difference between spontaneous and at will.

Your thoughts are still influenced by all the mumbo jumbo nonsense you have heard.

Md.

You didn’t answer any questions but make further claims about OBE happening spontaneously. When questioned about it, you claim it’s in what you wrote. If the answers were there or if you were telling the truth, those questions should be a walk in the park.
The only mumbo jumbo is your writings and posts. So your OBE,
NDE, and whatever else are all nonsense.
You can always come back and regale us with tales after your next spontaneous adventure outside to your body:
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 11:49am On Sep 09, 2022
triplechoice:

OK, sorry I have not shared any link.

The project is tagged AWARE, Awarenesses Resuscitation studies, A collaboration between top scientist from different parts of the world. Doctors ,nurses and other health practitioners in hundreds of hospitals spread across Europe are involved too. It is a massive project, not something done by an individual scientists working alone.

The first phase ,AWAERE1 started in 2014 has ended you can search for the report by doing a simple Google check with the key word, AWARE1. However, the first phrase didn't meet with much success.
.It is the second one ,AWARE11, that has raised some hope from the teasers already released.

You don't need to parody anything now until you get the full report, and also know about the strict methodology used in the study.

They are not set out to confirm any assumptions. The rigorous methods used has eliminated any form of researchers bias.

https://awareofaware.co/2022/05/08/aware-ii-15-percent-of-people-had-reds/

https://neo.life/2022/08/your-brain-at-the-moment-of-death/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/05/07/near-death-experiences-will-studied-seriously-number-people/

https://awareofaware.co/2020/10/17/more-data-from-aware-ii-news-on-aware-iii-and-my-book/

I hope you take the time read the articles from the above links.

More nonsense.
The experiment should be easy. Just tell them to go to a specified room when they are in their NDE or OBE or any other nonsense state, and enumerate or describe the contents of the room.

Until then you’re NDEs, OBEs, are as real as dreams and just like dreams, it’s all in your head.
You must have missed this when you posted an earlier screenshot

PARNIA: As the heart stops and we die, the brain is flatlined and nonfunctional. However, using brain electrical monitoring, there is growing evidence that in this state (as people pass away), there are markers of activity (beta, delta, and sometimes gamma waves) that emerge for a very short period.

And this statement below from your proof is just Parnia’s unfounded opinion including “aspects of reality”, “the totality of of person’ as conscious experience”, etc. It is clear that the brain creating hallucination and illusion while his claims about “aspects of reality” at the height of bullshfit.

So, in short, it is not so much that the brain is creating these experiences as a hallucination or illusion but rather than the brain is enabling access to aspects of reality and a person’s own consciousness, including the totality of a person’s conscious experiences throughout the entirety of their lives, real and correct memories of their own interactions with others in life and the meaning of those actions, thoughts, and intentions.
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2022
In May, Parnia led a multidisciplinary team of national and international leaders who published the first peer-reviewed consensus guidelines for the scientific study of recalled death experiences. The published guidelines end with this statement: “Although systematic studies have not been able to absolutely prove the reality or meaning of patients’ experiences and claims of awareness in relation to death, it has been impossible to disclaim them either.”

Lmao, oh yeah? It’s not impossible to disclaim you disingenuous clown. It’s all your head.
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2022
triplechoice:

OBEs is expansion of consciousness, and what is experienced after that depends on the level of awareness of the individual.

“expansion of consciousness” is mumbo jumbo but you are correct that what they experience depends on “the level of awareness” meaning what they already know or believe.

triplechoice:

It is not special powers but natural phenomena which everyone experiences in varying degrees.

Yes, people dream, daydream, and hallucinate because of the same organ.

triplechoice:

Having a strong sense of knowingness about something going on somewhere far from you that you later confirm to be true, means your consciousness has expanded to perceive things outside of your body.

More mumbo jumbo. If I ask you for an example now, you will clam up.

triplechoice:

People think if they don't experience the usual dramatic NDEs or OBEs of leaving the body, then they have not experienced it. Not true.

They leave their body just like they leave their body during dreaming. I was in Japan last night or maybe it was just a dream. Lol

triplechoice:

Scientists are confirming that everyone do have the experience, but can't consciousness recall their experiences due to psychological or biological reasons.

Scientists are confirming that people have experiences? Wow!

triplechoice:

My approach to the phenomena is mostly from a scientific point of view,so don't place me in the category of those who want to show they can demonstrate they have super powers.

And the scientific point of view indicates that it’s all in your head and you don’t exist independent of your body.

triplechoice:

Any further questions similar to the ones you asked above will be ignored.

That means your approach is not scientific. How can you ignore questions meant to shed light on the topic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2022
triplechoice:

And supposing, anyone can do what you're asking you expect them to let you know about it, and then you ask them to fly to your house to confirm what you're doing right now?

Absolutely. You don’t tel me bullshit and expect me believe you. But you don’t have to fly to my house. That’s why I asked those questions to see how far your “OBE/NDE/RDE Body” can travel.

It’s like the ones who say a ghost bleeped a virgin who gave birth to super jew. Well, I would love to see that happen again.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2022
KnownUnknown:
In May, Parnia led a multidisciplinary team of national and international leaders who published the first peer-reviewed consensus guidelines for the scientific study of recalled death experiences. The published guidelines end with this statement: “Although systematic studies have not been able to absolutely prove the reality or meaning of patients’ experiences and claims of awareness in relation to death, it has been impossible to disclaim them either.”

Lmao, oh yeah? It’s not impossible to disclaim you disingenuous clown. It’s all your head.

See how you just embarrassed yourself. Show me where I emphatically stated anything has been proven scientifically.
I referenced the study as a comparison for the trash you brought because you don't know what makes study a. valid. Or you want to pretend?

Now, you want to turn it around as if I said it is proven. But at least it said it can't be proven scientifically, and if you understand science very well you should know what that means

When something is not proven scientifically it means either of this; it may be true or not true, but we don't know

Besides, you just picked what to troll on and skipped the below from the others.The article you sheepishly swallowed claim without evidence that brains mechanism can still function to produce the vivid imageries associated with NDEs.

This not the first time you have brought in trash study that are invalid

Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2022
KnownUnknown:

More nonsense.
The experiment should be easy. Just tell them to go to a specified room when they are in their NDE or OBE or any other nonsense state, and enumerate or describe the contents of the room.

Until then you’re NDEs, OBEs, are as real as dreams and just like dreams, it’s all in your head.
You must have missed this when you posted an earlier screenshot

PARNIA: As the heart stops and we die, the brain is flatlined and nonfunctional. However, using brain electrical monitoring, there is growing evidence that in this state (as people pass away), there are markers of activity (beta, delta, and sometimes gamma waves) that emerge for a very short period.

And this statement below from your proof is just Parnia’s unfounded opinion including “aspects of reality”, “the totality of of person’ as conscious experience”, etc. It is clear that the brain creating hallucination and illusion while his claims about “aspects of reality” at the height of bullshfit.

So, in short, it is not so much that the brain is creating these experiences as a hallucination or illusion but rather than the brain is enabling access to aspects of reality and a person’s own consciousness, including the totality of a person’s conscious experiences throughout the entirety of their lives, real and correct memories of their own interactions with others in life and the meaning of those actions, thoughts, and intentions.

And is the activity linked with NDEs or responsible for it? No

They never said so.

See ,I have not accepted anytthing they did as perfect. You don't seem to understand this.

It is to compare your nonsense. Make what you want to make of it. Is your business.

The reason I brought this in has been achieved

Their process is on going not conclusive yet, but yours is concluded and it is trash

Modified. You said they should tell people who may not know if they will experience OBEs or NDEss to go into a room and describe something? Do you even know the difference between something happening spontaneously and at will?

You certainly don't know.
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2022
triplechoice:

And is the activity linked with NDEs or responsible for it? No

Yes, brain activity is responsible/linked/whatever for NDEs

triplechoice:

Modified. You said they should tell people who may not know if they will experience OBEs or NDEss to go into a room and describe something? Do you even know the difference between something happening spontaneously and at will?

You certainly don't know.

I asked you about OBEs (not NDEs) and the ability to see things that are not in your immediate vicinity. It's apparent that NDE or RDE are due to brain activity and wholly dependent on what the person knows or believes. That much is clear.
You brought up spontaneous OBEs and said you have experienced such multiple times. However, your "OBE body" spontaneously coming out of your physical body should not prevent your "OBE body" from willfully going to another location. Unless it is mumbo jumbo. I asked you to clarify your statements about OBEs and you refused.
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
triplechoice:

See how you just embarrassed yourself. Show me where I emphatically stated anything has been proven scientifically.

I referenced the study as a comparison for the trash you brought because you don't know what makes study a. valid. Or you want to pretend?

Now, you want to turn it around as if I said it is proven. But at least it said it can't be proven scientifically, and if you understand science very well you should know what that means

When something is not proven scientifically it means either of this; it may be true or not true, but we don't know

Besides, you just picked what to troll on and skipped the below from the others.The article you sheepishly swallowed claim without evidence that brains mechanism can still function to produce the vivid imageries associated with NDEs.

This not the first time you have brought in trash study that are invalid

What's there to be embarrassed about? You need to stop projecting.
What I posted and everything you've posted point to brain activity, no matter how limited, being responsible for NDE/RDE. You are the one who thinks there is something more going on and have failed over countless exchanges on this thread to prove your position is more than mumbo jumbo.,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2022
Here's Parnia from 2008. Safe to say, NONE of the NDEs were able to identify the pictures.

"These observations have raised the intriguing – and controversial – possibility that the mind and consciousness may continue functioning after we have reached the point of death and the brain has shut down.
While an absolute impossibility to many scientists, for those who have experienced them and their respective doctors they are real. The key for science is to determine whether these experiences are illusions or whether they are real.
During AWARE, investigators will place images strategically in hospital bays, such that they will only be visible by looking down from the ceiling and nowhere else.
If after 36 months, hundreds of patients report being “out of body” yet no one can report seeing the images, then we must consider these reports to be nothing more than illusions.
If on the other hand there are hundreds of positive reports, then we will have to redefine our understanding of the mind and brain during clinical death.

For now though, only time will tell what the AWARE study will possibly reveal about our beginnings and our inevitable end."
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 4:22pm On Sep 09, 2022
KnownUnknown:

What's there to be embarrassed about? You need to stop projecting.
What I posted and everything you've posted point to brain activity, no matter how limited, being responsible for NDE/RDE. You are the one who thinks there is something more going on and have failed over countless exchanges on this thread to prove your position is more than mumbo jumbo.,

This very Simple. The study report you brought claimed that certain neural mechanism is responsible for NDEs experience.. That was the reason you're were masturbating on it that it's lucid dreams,mind tricks.

But new studies done to observe directly what goes on in the brain when people are having the experiemce didn't identify such neural mechanism causing it. .Only electrical charges was observed during this period and rhat is not the same as brain mechanism but effect of something going on that. is yet unknown.

I think the problem you have ,sorry to say this, is that you don't know that electrical charges is effect and can't be the cause if NDEs.

There's no observation of any neural mechanism activated during the period that can create such vivid imageries of NDEs in the head of anyone.
This is what they have said and I have posted a screen shot on this .

If you insist the electrical charges is cause, then explain how this is scientifically possible to create the NDE. Simple matter.

It seems you don't want to let go of what you took from the study report which claimed that NDEs are lucid dreams.
Current findings says it is not true.

There are comment sections on those blogs I posted. Go there are express your opinion of what you think or contact the study group that they are wrong about their conclusion.

Then explain to them how electrical charges can cause NDEs because that is the only thing observed.

From.a scientific point of view the cause is not really known ,and I won't be tempted to replace that with my own opinion anymore if you expect me to do that.

It is left for anyone to make of it what they want to make of it until everything is unraveled scientifically..
Below is what I earlier posted . Please read it again and understand the issue at hand. It's not what you think.

Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 6:25pm On Sep 09, 2022
KnownUnknown:
Here's Parnia from 2008. Safe to say, NONE of the NDEs were able to identify the pictures.

"These observations have raised the intriguing – and controversial – possibility that the mind and consciousness may continue functioning after we have reached the point of death and the brain has shut down.
While an absolute impossibility to many scientists, for those who have experienced them and their respective doctors they are real. The key for science is to determine whether these experiences are illusions or whether they are real.
During AWARE, investigators will place images strategically in hospital bays, such that they will only be visible by looking down from the ceiling and nowhere else.
If after 36 months, hundreds of patients report being “out of body” yet no one can report seeing the images, then we must consider these reports to be nothing more than illusions.
If on the other hand there are hundreds of positive reports, then we will have to redefine our understanding of the mind and brain during clinical death.

For now though, only time will tell what the AWARE study will possibly reveal about our beginnings and our inevitable end."

Please let's behave like adults and no more insults.

The experiment may not succeed in achieving its goal and this is why.

Majority of people having NDEs or OBEs experience it spontaneously, meaning that they don't have control over the experience.

Whatever happens outside the body is controlled by the strongest memories that grabs ones attention and that is what the person will drawn in to experience was consciousness expands outside the body

The best subjects for the experiment will be those who can do it at will and have control over what they experience. But such persons are rare to find, and from what I know they may not be willing to participate in what they would regard as a mundane exercise.

I have bookmarked a study group report that succeeded in using just one person who is able to to OBE at will. I will search and paste the link

For Now, let's wait the report for Aware11 and see if they have achieved more success than the first phase.
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2022
triplechoice:

This very Simple. The study report you brought claimed that certain neural mechanism is responsible for NDEs experience.. That was the reason you're were masturbating on it that it's lucid dreams,mind tricks.

Yes, neural mechanism( the brain) is responsible for NDEs. Masturbation or no masturbation.

triplechoice:

But new studies done to observe directly what goes on in the brain when people are having the experiemce didn't identify such neural mechanism causing it. .Only electrical charges was observed during this period and rhat is not the same as brain mechanism but effect of something going on that. is yet unknown.

Bla bla bla. When you find an NDE study that doesn’t rely on the brain, post it. Wallow in obscurantism all you want when the answered is right in your face. "yet unknown" my ass
Re: Matter And Mind by KnownUnknown: 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
triplechoice:

Please let's behave like adults and no more insults.

That's your problem.

triplechoice:

The experiment may not succeed in achieving its goal and this is why.

Why? Because it's nonsense.

triplechoice:

Majority of people having NDEs or OBEs experience it spontaneously, meaning that they don't have control over the experience.

If majority experience NDE or OBEs spontaneously, there should be a minority who experience OBE willfully. Maybe the OBE started spontaneously with all of them, and a minority can exercise their will after they find themselves outside their body.

triplechoice:

Whatever happens outside the body is controlled by the strongest memories that grabs ones attention and that is what the person will drawn in to experience was consciousness expands outside the body

This statement is bullshit that appears to be a coherent sentence but says absolutely nothing.

triplechoice:

The best subjects for the experiment will be those who can do it at will and have control over what they experience. But such persons are rare to find, and from what I know they may not be willing to participate in what they would regard as a mundane exercise.

No, you won't find them because they don't exist.

triplechoice:

I have bookmarked a study group report that succeeded in using just one person who is able to to OBE at will. I will search and paste the link

Sure.

triplechoice:

For Now, let's wait the report for Aware11 and see if they have achieved more success than the first phase.

You wait, just don't hold your breath.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 8:53am On Sep 10, 2022
KnownUnknown:

That's your problem.

Why? Because it's nonsense.

If majority experience NDE or OBEs spontaneously, there should be a minority who experience OBE willfully. Maybe the OBE started spontaneously with all of them, and a minority can exercise their will after they find themselves outside their body.

This statement is bullshit that appears to be a coherent sentence but says absolutely nothing.

No, you won't find them because they don't exist.

Sure.

You wait, just don't hold your breath.

Well, everything you have said is based on what you know. And what do you really know?

Your responses is from what you think and not based on facts of what is currently known.

If you think you know all the facts concerning the phenomena and what causes it, then please answer these questions.

1, If it is dreams as you say, then how do you explain people like me who have had the experience in full waking consciousness to know and see things that is actually "there" ;veridical vision.
I hope you know what veridical vision is. Scientist investigating the phenomena have confirmed people have veridical vision, and its a mystery to them, hence they can't completely rule out NDEs as dreams.

2, who or what being is having to experience the mind tricks, as you described it, during this unconscious state when there's no evidence of the activation of neural mechanism that can results in lucid dream . In other words who or what is having the conscious vivid NDE experience in a period of unconsciousness .

These are the questions scientist are battling to answer, but it seems you have all the answers from the confidence you have been displaying.

So, please provide the scientific explanations .

FYI, there are tips and techniques on the net f you can search for them to experience OBEs consciously to demonstrate it for yourself. There's a quick method you can use also if you have the boldness to try it out.

Below is link done using a individual who can expand their consciousness through imagination or thoughts which are the things that results in having the experience. It contain some heady stuff and it's a long read.
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2014.00070/full#B7

Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
triplechoice:

Sounds like you don't know that the brain is just a part of the "neural mechanism" and that electrical charges are a part of that nervous system, and you think because you don't know no one else knows.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 3:43pm On Sep 10, 2022
budaatum:

Sounds like you don't know that the brain is just a part of the "neural mechanism" and that electrical charges are a part of that nervous system, and you think because you don't know no one else knows.

Taking my comments as usual out of the context it was made.

Beside, nobody knows. If you know tell us

Your habit of trolling is really working against you.
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
triplechoice:

Taking my comments as usual out of the context it was made.

Your habit of trolling is really working against you.

I can't let you hide nonsense in your verbiage hoping it's not seen.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
budaatum:

I can't let you hide nonsense in your verbiage hoping it's not seen.

Where is the nonsense? Blind buda
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2022
triplechoice:

Where is the nonsense? Blind buda

I've said my bit on this triple, but you want to ignore it by yelling "trolling" instead of considering what you read. Time will tell who's blind.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2022
budaatum:

I've said my bit on this triple, but you want to ignore it by yelling "trolling" instead of considering what you read. Time will tell who's blind.

Tell me why I made the comment in the first and what led to it, if you know anything?
Mr know- it- all- in- his- head who lacks the courage to say what he claims to know.

I have repeatedly mentioned that what ever opinion I expressed is not supported by science, but doesn't mean its not true.

There are truths not proven yet in the sciences

And because you don't know this simple fact ,you want to project your ignorance on others

You're the only one on this thread that has not contributed anything tangible, but want to assume you know.

Someone ignorantly said electrical charges is cause of something, and try to correct him that effect should not be taken as cause.
The next thing, you jumped in to take my comment out of that context it was made to spill garbage.

You certainly don't have any iota of respect for yourself, that is why you continue to troll .

Time will tell indeed. Nonsense
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2022
triplechoice:

I have repeatedly mentioned that what ever opinion I expressed is not supported by science, but doesn't mean its not true.

This is the basis of my disagreement with you.

Science is the use of ones senses to verify facts as opposed to making up crap with no supporting evidence.

The Christian definition is below.

Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2022
budaatum:

This is the basis of my disagreement with you.

Science is the use of ones senses to verify facts as opposed to making up crap with no supporting evidence.

The Christian definition is below.

But your physical senses, buda is limited, the reason you need help.

You don't know this, that's why you want to fight a lion with your bare hands. You won't survive it.

It said that a man who doesn't know the limitation of what he knows lack wisdom.

I know what I know , but I know what I know is not all there's to know, hence my continue search for knowledge everywhere.

If you know that you know more than me ,then spill it out, and don't hide behind Bible verses that can be subjectively interpreted.

I have told you in the past that I don't need your Rosicrucian interpretation of scripture.

I refuse to be postulated into your nonsense.
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2022
triplechoice:

I know what I know , but I know what I know is not all there's to know, hence my continue search for knowledge everywhere.

Except for the fact that the use of your senses in your search seems to be limited, unfortunately, which is why you are willing to make stuff up hoping to be believed but get frustrated when those who do use their senses disbelieve you.
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2022
By the way triplechoice. Not once, to my notice, have you shown you have learnt anything in this thread. What you've continuously done is insist what you know is what there is to know whilst refusing to consider what anyone else has presented here, which shows you are not searching for knowledge because you think you know enough or more than anyone else.

What's amusing however is your no sense use.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
budaatum:

Except for the fact that the use of your senses in your search seems to be limited, unfortunately, which is why you are willing to make stuff up hoping to be believed but get frustrated when those who do use their senses disbelieve you.

It's because you don't know you can bypass your physical senses by expanding your consciousness to perceive things that you should not ordinary know is why you want me be to be like you to cure your cognitive dissonance . Sorry ,it won't work for you.

How do you know you're using your senses very well when you struggle to make any meaningful impact on this thread?

Now tell me , what is consciousness and how has it emerge?

I know your answer will come when the stars start to fall from the sky.
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2022
triplechoice:

It's because you don't know you can bypass your physical senses by expanding your consciousness to perceive things that you should not ordinary know is why you want me be to be like you to cure your cognitive dissonance . Sorry ,it won't work for you.

How do you know you're using your senses very well when you struggle to make any meaningful impact on this thread?

Now tell me , what is consciousness and how has it emerge?

I know your answer will come when the stars start to fall from the sky.

Scientific education teaches the use of the senses and forces one to experiment so one knows how senses work and how to use one's own senses.

Anyone who goes through such education can only get better at it, as opposed to one who doesn't use their senses, to who the words "For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him, that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath" would apply.

Consciousness is like life itself, and no one can exactly say how life and consciousness emerged. Anyone claiming to know is simply showing how stupid and ignorant they actually are. That does not mean we don't know what they are and how they have developed over time so there's no need to make crap up.
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 5:42pm On Sep 10, 2022
triplechoice:

Perceive in your imagination, you mean, and not do anything to verify what you claim you perceived, then expect others to accept what you perceived is true, and believe you when you tell it them.

I guess you have not yet perceived and become conscious of how few gullible fools are here, and think this is some church where everyone claims they saw a dead person come to life.
Re: Matter And Mind by triplechoice(m): 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2022
budaatum:
By the way triplechoice. Not once, to my notice, have you shown you have learnt anything in this thread. What you've continuously done is insist what you know is what there is to know whilst refusing to consider what anyone else has presented here, which shows you are not searching for knowledge because you think you know enough or more than anyone else.

What's amusing however is your no sense use.

Yea, the reason I refuse to consider what you and others say is because you hide behind science to express opinions that lack scientific backing. A top scientist expressing an opinion should be seen for what it is; what he thinks and not fact

If you were honest to admit that what you say is just your opinion, then I don't have any problem. I won't resist anything.

So next time, tell me the reason behind your claims. Are you making a spiritual claim or scientific claim. If it's the later then be ready to answer the questions that should follow

Someone has said here that NDEs are lucid dreams or mind tricks caused by certain brian mechanism .I rejected that and proved that based on current studies that claim lack scientific support. No such brain mechanism has been identified in the brains of people having the experience directly

Now for the sake of your integrity, please tell me what is wrong with my reaction?

Did I react without providing valid reasons for my reaction.. Now tell me I didn't
Re: Matter And Mind by budaatum: 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2022
triplechoice:

Yea, the reason I refuse to consider what you and others say is because you hide behind science to express opinions that lack scientific backing. A top scientist expressing an opinion should be seen for what it is; what he thinks and not fact

If you were honest to admit that what you say is just your opinion, then I don't have any problem. I won't resist anything.

So next time, tell me the reason behind your claims. Are you making a spiritual claim or scientific claim. If it's the later then be ready to answer the questions that should follow

Someone has said here that NDEs are lucid dreams or mind tricks caused by certain brian mechanism .I rejected that and proved that based on current studies that claim lack scientific support. No such brain mechanism has been identified in the brains of people having the experience directly

Now for the sake of your integrity, please tell me what is wrong with my reaction?

Did I react without providing valid reasons for my reaction.. Now tell me I didn't

First. Triple, everything any of us says is just our opinion based on our experiences or what we've learnt somewhere or been taught or told or made up in our own heads.

Now, I myself have experienced almost dying twice, once when I drank up all the water at the Bar Beach, and another time when 30, 5 milligram valium tablets found a way to jump down my throat.

At both instances were there what many describe as near death experiences, but the clue is clearly in the "near", which implies not exactly dead, and which means brain (and nervous system) activity has not exactly stopped, though I must confess that no one measured how close to death I actually was since they thankfully were more focused on keeping me alive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

Cultural Mass In A Catholic Church In Abuja (Photos) / Pastor Paul Enenche To Comedians: Don't Tell Lies To Make People Laugh / Do You Believe In Spirit Wife And Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.