Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? (19344 Views)

How To Withdraw Money From Paypal To Nigeria Bank Account In 2021 / What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit / How to get a POS for ATM cash withdrawal and Deposit business in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by LyfeJennings(m): 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2022
Yes, U can
so U have a 100m running at 10% for 90days
U need some money like 30m after 30 days
just send an instruction to terminate ur FD
tho it comes with a charge o
they would terminate it
give U the 30 & rebook the 70m tho the rate might be lower than what U had
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by VEHINTOLAR: 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
Gate050:

With Union Bank, NO!

How sure are you about your claim here ?
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by vickydevoka(m): 7:38pm On Jan 17, 2022
Nonexisting:
Check the terms and conditions first because you may have to kiss some of your interest goodbye.
Exactly
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by Keji1012(m): 8:10pm On Jan 17, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
Mtchewww

You can be rolling in the mud like a pig you are...

I won't be reading your next senseless and chidish post not to talk of replying the gibberish.

I know understand wetin I write wey dey warrant all this unnecessary talk at all undecided

U are simply inconsequential and a fool.. have a nice life
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by OKEMKPI: 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2022
100% possible just that the bank will penalise the customer by way of a certain percentage of fine for premature liquidation be maturity date.
As simple as ABC
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by Hotguy27: 8:36pm On Jan 17, 2022
No.
But you can prematurely liquidate your fixed deposit
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by bizhop01: 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2022
Sure, but you will penalize,

You can't become richest man by dumping your fortune in fixed deposit.
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by Gate050: 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

How sure are you about your claim here ?
Not just sure, I'm involved
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 17, 2022
Yes you can collapse the term deposit.
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by Bluntemperor: 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2022
LagosEmir:
Is it possible to withdraw money from fixed deposits from Nigerian bank before it's maturity?

Yes, provided :
- terms and conditions of the agreement will be at stake.
- you are likely to have a reduced income in terms of Interest Rate because you are breaking the agreement and assuming it's fully operational,you will get the maximum Interest Paid but now it will be reduced at the Bank's terms!
- Note,by terminating the Deposits,you are forcing the bank to recall it's money lent to other users,so inconveniencing the bank that is in business is not so good from investors point of view.Some said the bank is like punishment to it's Customers but is not because business is business and is always based on agreement.
-Since you have done your Cost Benefits Analysis well, your money will be paid as new new but low price but remember to return all the initial documents signed and if possible to ready to sign new ones for continuing business partnership.!
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by VEHINTOLAR: 2:16am On Jan 18, 2022
Gate050:

Not just sure, I'm involved

Alright then;it's shocking though ! It must be a recent development,isn't it ?
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by pattybf(f): 5:23am On Jan 18, 2022
Miroslavv:

Ridiculous rate I tell you. Your 10 million will turn to 10,005,005

While OmegaPro forex investment will yield 30m in 16 months on compounding interest.
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by bigtt76(f): 5:37am On Jan 18, 2022
Yes but with penalty charge

LagosEmir:
Is it possible to withdraw money from fixed deposits from Nigerian bank before it's maturity?

Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by Gate050: 5:58am On Jan 18, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:

Alright then;it's shocking though ! It must be a recent development,isn't it ?
I think so cuz it wasn't like that when I was doing one with Gtbank years ago
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by Cjayboy: 7:14am On Jan 18, 2022
Yes, you can but, defaulting charge will apply.

Thanks
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by Antell95(m): 7:55am On Jan 18, 2022
Arrogantbro:
Which bank pls ?

Good morning Sir, pls see your mailbox
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
LagosEmir:

Yes you can.
But you will be penalised for it.
Depending on the bank, tenure and possibly length of time already used you could be charged as much as 20% of your capital.
Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by ACURASPEEDO(m): 11:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
Liquidate and reinvest
LagosEmir:

Re: Can Someone Withdraw Money From Fixed Deposit Before Maturity? by Picktrust: 7:55pm On Jan 28, 2022
Arrogantbro:
Which bank pls ?

Sir I didn't hear from you again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Increased Demand For Dollar Causes Naira To Depreciate To 1,420/$ / Banks May Deny 14.6 Million Customers Services By Wednesday / Honest Nigerian Stylist, Returns N600K Mistakenly Credited To His Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.