Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. (13801 Views)

The Worst Embarrassment You Have Received As A Result Of You Not Having Money / International Day Of The Girl Child: Share Amazing Things Your Daughter Has Done / What Led To The Greatest Flogging You Received As A Kid?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Onyi90(m): 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2022
From my mum. In summary i saw stars through out the beating marathon. Really terrible. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Godwin25king: 5:20pm On Jan 18, 2022
One sunday morning as we were preparing ourselves for church service, my mum was heating the pot of stew but had to leave it while she rushed into the bathroom to take her bath. After some minutes in the bathroom, she almost forgot her pot of stew was still heating. then she called me and asked me to off the stove and put the pot in the cupboard. Naso I run with speed carry pot with my bare hands o, omo the hotness made me fling the pot...Next thing na stew dey flow for ground, chicken wings scatter everywhere, pot upside down..mumsy use that stew do baptism fr my body..wash my eyes with the stew, gimme beta punch for mouth.. omo my lip swell like those balloon.
Inside church I just use hand cover mouth till end of service, my eye sef red like blood...

Las las after service na she still come pet me gimme food again Sha.. My brothers just dey laugh me ehn

2 Likes

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by elpochas: 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2022
Danjikanbauchi:
From my father, throw me down from first floor because of stubbornness, people keep coming to our house with their children broken skull to complain.

As the guy throw me down I landed on my two feet and run away.
Guy u be Werey.
Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by allahIsAnIDOL: 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2022
NohurryInLife:
Popsi na senior police officer now. I no kom know wetin enter me, friends & my siblings body that day now...we just wake up that tuesday enter popsi wardrobe carry anything wey dey related to police & thieves play matter...una know now, just to spice the play up with our friends wey we gather dey on holiday together...Jack knife o, gun o, sword o, pepper spray o, en uniforms o, walking stick meant for senior officers, jungle boot, walkie talkie and all sorts.

Omo as the play gbedu don enter our body now, we don even forget say time don reach wey the old man suppose come back from office & the police men wey dey gate no fit know know wetin dey sup 4 back yard.

All of a sudden, we just hear don't even allow their shadows to escape...Na my own beating/torture come even much pass cos na me hang en CP uniform 4 body dey give my boys orderssad sad...make I no talk wetin do us that day cry cry cry cry

Omo if NL get in you go think say I dey mental, omo e funny die

Talk wetin do una that day abeg

1 Like

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Yommychrz(m): 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2022
Danjikanbauchi:
From my father, throw me down from first floor because of stubbornness, people keep coming to our house with their children broken skull to complain.

As the guy throw me down I landed on my two feet and run away.
Guy you no well o na your dad be the guy�
Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by allahIsAnIDOL: 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ayposh:
I won't forget this fateful day, growing up with a cousin of my age mate was fun u know.

There is this bouncing ball will always form with torn balloon, we do call it Toronto in south west, we were playing with this Toronto, the thing bounce enter our manhole, as a sharp boy now, I just arrange some chairs and table to enter the ceiling, not knowing we have specific spot u can step on, instead of walking on the wood, I go step on the ceiling directly, na on-top our dinner table I land, I no fit stand up for few minutes due to backpain from the sudden fall, from that scene I know I was in for beating of my life, now thinking of big lie to drop for my parents, I was so naive that I lied to my parents that it was Turkey that entered the ceiling, the kind beating I chop that day, I will never forget

You no lie na, turkey in human form grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by allahIsAnIDOL: 5:35pm On Jan 18, 2022
Babssoo:
We get one neibour that time, mummy bolu. My mummsy dey talk am one day say she get body odour. Not long after she came to our house, na so I go meet am 'mummy bolu mummy so pe ema n ruun' . Na miracle happen that day, cause I died, i came back ni oo
you say what? Ahhhh your own really ta

3 Likes

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Rubysugar(f): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2022
Olamilekan08:
I could relate several.

But I better let bygones be bygones otherwise I might be overwhelmed with pains and bitterness because I don't think I deserved the severity of those beatings (even if I deserved the beating at all).

Edit:

To make you understand, I've been beaten with twisted electric wire - the thick one that brings light from the pole to the house, to the extent that on one occasion the ending of the wire landed on one of my eyes. It was blood shoot that I was rejected by several eye clinics in Lagos. I could have gone blind if not for an hospital like that in Oshodi where I was admitted for 7 days. The crime? I skipped summer lessons because I was scared to tell the teacher that my parent said the fees would be paid later.

Another, I served punishment (up down or sew machine. A kind of frog jump but you'll be on a spot) for several hours into the night and after, serious beating. Reason? My younger ones removed their new doll my mother bought them from the package. Till today, I don't know why I was punished for that.

Another on I was flogged, pursued on the street while I'm being called thief, I had no choice but to return into the room to continue with the beating instead of disgracing myself in the street. I was hit with a hoe on the head with blood splashing of our white wardrobe (I still come across hidden blood stain in several places on the wardrobe weeks after the incident) before the beating stopped. Reason? No, I didn't steal anything. I was only making a stand for my new found faith.

See op ehn, this are just few, very few. If not that as they say time heals the heart, and also the many benefits I got from my parents...

Another edit:

I know I deserved some punishment. On the other hand, there are some of my naughty deeds that surprisingly went unpunished.

For example I once removed the ceiling fan regulator from the wall to regulate a rotor, connecting it to battery. (I learnt from there that tiger battery can give you as shock with that thing)
Also, I removed the rotor from that olden days big black disc player, rendering it useless. And many more. No one was even questioned to my greatest surprise.

I also realized from many people's comments here that my childhood isn't unusual, but I think mine was a bit above the 'generation average'.

I wish I was born in this generation with soft parents

I'm so sorry. This hit me cry

2 Likes

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Psady(m): 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2022
CHAVINCI:
new soup wey my mama cook,I go finish all d meat inside,na tag team my mama and papa do for my head that day.
yepa! Your own nah evil spirit ooo
Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Psady(m): 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2022
NohurryInLife:
Popsi na senior police officer now. I no kom know wetin enter me, friends & my siblings body that day now...we just wake up that tuesday enter popsi wardrobe carry anything wey dey related to police & thieves play matter...una know now, just to spice the play up with our friends wey we gather dey on holiday together...Jack knife o, gun o, sword o, pepper spray o, en uniforms o, walking stick meant for senior officers, jungle boot, walkie talkie and all sorts.

Omo as the play gbedu don enter our body now, we don even forget say time don reach wey the old man suppose come back from office & the police men wey dey gate no fit know know wetin dey sup 4 back yard.

All of a sudden, we just hear don't even allow their shadows to escape...Na my own beating/torture come even much pass cos na me hang en CP uniform 4 body dey give my boys orderssad sad...make I no talk wetin do us that day cry cry cry cry
Laugh wan kill me here! ' Don't even let their shadows to escape' hahaha! Your papa use u finish work that day aswell.

3 Likes

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by complexBoss12: 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2022
NohurryInLife:

"don't even allow their shadows to escape" lmao you murdered me there bro. The way you ended the story, I don't know why I pity you, in a funny kinda way.

5 Likes

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2022
Nobody beat me. Na me dey beat people angry
Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by CHAVINCI: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
Psady:
yepa! Your own nah evil spirit ooo
me and my brothers are a set of quadruplet,but na me weird pass

1 Like

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by BabaCommander: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
cayorday89:

Oga demonic possession like how, the only issue I have with them is thier religious inclination which you are also towing with your instance of demonic possession, any other thing I am cool, it's just that I rarely have friends and that's because we were restricted from making friends and not as a result of the beating we even still make joke out of it just two days ago, when my mum was telling a younger couple not to beat their son, I just told her that it's her son beat him but not in an inappropriate way and she should not listen to my mum as I am a living witness of her severe beating.
And you won't want to see me being jovial with children, I don't beat them and I have countless numbers of them always coming to me as they see me as someone they are comfortable with.

I didn't say you are possessed.

I said things like these make people to develope bitterness in their heart. Your post comes off as someone who is still hurt till today. It's not a funny xprerience for you to remember.

I have seen a lot in my relatively young life and ministry that people usually do not unstand the root of their problem.

It's ok to call it religious nonsense, I perfectly understand. It all comes to understanding. No level emontional intelligence, or scientific/medical proccess can rival the Discernment that comes from the Holy Spirit.

I'm glad that you are ok. But their are many out there that cannot say they ok.

I think other people's comments here have shown that yours was not a total exception. I would still encourage you to consider the prayer route for any remaining challenge. It doesn't cost anything, but it produces a lot of result.

I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by BafanaBafana: 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
I knew my father for 12 years, he beat me about 9 times in those years. All the 9 times were the worst. His beating style in like mortal combat brutally.
Then I never knew a child was supposed to run away when being beaten.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Psady(m): 6:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
CHAVINCI:
me and my brothers are a set of quadruplet,but na me weird pass
Wow that's great and rare. Wetin go push u do that kind thing?
Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by NohurryInLife: 6:04pm On Jan 18, 2022
complexBoss12:

"don't even allow their shadows to escape" lmao you murdered me there bro. The way you ended the story, I don't know why I pity you, in a funny kinda way.
Bro, something bad touch us that day. If I say make I talk everything wey touch us that day, I fit dey cry. Most especially me wey be the CP cry cry cry

En security details kom even dey add pepper join dey call me CP, incoming AIG, future IG. Bros I suffer that day no be small.

I no even know the devil wey enter our body that day. Play wey be say na our normal toy guns & sticks we dey use play o, naso we say make we spice am up make everything 4 look real.

6 Likes

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by cayorday89(m): 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2022
BabaCommander:

I didn't say you are possessed.

I said things like these make people to develope bitterness in their heart. Your post comes off as someone who is still hurt till today. It's not a funny xprerience for you to remember.

I have seen a lot in my relatively young life and ministry that people usually do not unstand the root of their problem.

It's ok to call it religious nonsense, I perfectly understand. It all comes to understanding. No level emontional intelligence, or scientific/medical proccess can rival the Discernment that comes from the Holy Spirit.

I'm glad that you are ok. But their are many out there that cannot say they ok.

I think other people's comments here have shown that yours was not a total exception. I would still encourage you to consider the prayer route for any remaining challenge. It doesn't cost anything, but it produces a lot of result.

I wish you the best.
All good Bro, problem no dey finish, now na money we dey find and na to channel prayer for a better hustle not beating wey we just dey reminisce for new and younger parents to learn. I don't even have any scar to serve as a reminder only memories. Just that parents like ours won't change, from beating they start demanding other things as you grow older but maturity which we lack then will make one scale through their demands.

1 Like

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by cayorday89(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2022
NohurryInLife:

Bro, something bad touch us that day. If I say make I talk everything wey touch us that day, I fit dey cry. Most especially me wey be the CP cry cry cry

En security details kom even dey add pepper join dey call me CP, incoming AIG, future IG. Bros I suffer that day no be small.

I no even know the devil wey enter our body that day. Play wey be say na our normal toy guns & sticks we dey use play o, naso we say make we spice am up make everything 4 look real.
Guy you sef over do, even my father's old uniforms I doubt I touched then where he hung them not to talk of wearing, it was when I was older I could remember wearing his cap and took a picture with it and I still hid it on my phone no other person saw it except me.

1 Like

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by NohurryInLife: 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
cayorday89:

Guy you sef over do, even my father's old uniforms I doubt I touched then where he hung them not to talk of wearing, it was when I was older I could remember wearing his cap and took a picture with it and I still hid it on my phone no other person saw it except me.
Bro, you no see where bible say na 4 pikin chest madness dey live?? Wetin enter us that day bro, I still dey find am till now cry cry

1 Like

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Olamilekan08(m): 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
cayorday89:

I can relate with what you experienced, and I was also punished severally for things that others do normally but because of that I was extremely careful with things that will put me into real trouble, and as a result of that I do things on my own, that if at all they get to know I will take the secret to death and deny doing it, as a result I became a lone ranger and I cover my tracks wella.

Eyaa. Sorry.

Maybe I'm not as smart as you in avoiding problems and I'm not fortunate enough to get away from troubles.

I'm still trying to figure out what lasting effect my tumultuous childhood has on me. I feel I'm hardly happy about life, I mean the ability to show happiness or ecstasy about good things compare to many people in general. I don't think I have ever been happy enough to get me to dance (I can't dance by the way). But I'm never a sadist.

I feel it is just my nature but I also feel I shouldn't rule out my painful childhood.

1 Like

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Olamilekan08(m): 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
Rubysugar:

I'm so sorry. This hit me cry

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Danjikanbauchi: 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2022
Yommychrz:
Guy you no well o na your dad be the guy�
my Pop man na confirm guy, may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by 99thEnemy(m): 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2022
Kharol1234:
Dollers abi Naira? grin grin grin
Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by enirock(m): 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2022
My experiences with cane, wire, koboko, broom tamed the urge in me and the urgings from others to join cult
Them beat us that year. Looking back now, I just smile at the experiences. We Chee chumtin for beating.
Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Kharol1234: 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
99thEnemy:

Dollers abi Naira? grin grin grin
shillings grin grin
Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by ahnie: 7:35pm On Jan 18, 2022
alphaNomega:

This means your elder brother is now a poor man
Point of correction...my ex brother is now slightly richer than a gutter rat.

1 Like

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Afro910: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2022
Farid24224:
Mine was one of the darkest day of my life...

I was 13 years.. growing up I wasn't as religious asy parents were and I am their only male child. There was this girl that's our neighbor...She was 15 then..She looks older than her age which I am too, we dry our laundries at the back of our flat (they are at the top of our house) so one day we met back there and gosh she dressed scanty and was giving me this weird gestures, I went and met her and I don't know how but we are kissing at a corner not realizing both our parents are looking at us.. cry
Their scream was like thunder..My mom grabbed my shirt and started beating the hell out of me..I was just praying to God make I die that moment.. grin grin The girl ran as her mom chased her away..We are a Muslim family and they weren't but that didn't stop her parents from battering the hell outta her.. Even till now my parents are still stalking me after 6 years... lipsrsealed
grin grin
Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by apple30(f): 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mmn meeen I recieve countless bitten from my dad becus he is very strict..d worse was one day dat I went to play football n my dad has worn me not to play football nor associate wt anybody, from school to d house ,no friends . Dat Dey my dad got back earlier Dan expected,so I was just bouncing back as usual I saw my mum n d look she gave me I knw am death ..b4 I could go thru d gate I heard a loud voice where r u coming from ,obviously my booth was on my hand n I was on my jessy looking dusty n dirty, I couldn’t say I word ,d next thing my ass hit d floor grin he clear me down n beat d living day light out of me ,he drag me to a cage dat he initially built for his goat but he hasn’t gotten d goat yet, n lock me dere like a prisoner..
D worse ..he said He will barb my hair, dat is becus of my full n long hair dats why my head is always hot dat if I barb it n water touches it dat I will think straight ..dats when I break d door n ran out of d compound b4 he comes out ..
Mmn I slept in church for 2days not to barb d hair ..
My dad refuse even when pple where begging him to let me be wt d hair ..he said I must barb d hair b4 I come back to his house ..I can’t deal with d mosquitos in d church again ,I av to give in n barb d hair ..I cry for 1 week after dat incident ..mind u I was a 12yrs old gal aving a long full hair .. sad

Mmmn despite d hair came back I still can’t forget d incident …

2 Likes

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by cayorday89(m): 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2022
Olamilekan08:

Eyaa. Sorry.

Maybe I'm not as smart as you in avoiding problems and I'm not fortunate enough to get away from troubles.

I'm still trying to figure out what lasting effect my tumultuous childhood has on me. I feel I'm hardly happy about life, I mean the ability to show happiness or ecstasy about good things compare to many people in general. I don't think I have ever been happy enough to get me to dance (I can't dance by the way). But I'm never a sadist.

I feel it is just my nature but I also feel I shouldn't rule out my painful childhood.
Trust me I feel your pains Bro, I am my own counselor and motivator and I try as much as I can not to let those things affect me even if I can't help it on some cases, most people even call me stingy cos I am always happy and they mostly think I have money and don't have my own problems cause of my happy mood most times even my mum always says nothing seem to bother me, the only thing that bothers me is not getting a good paying job which I hope will change soon, I hardly communicate with those I know but they are always quick to ask after me cos of my happy vibes and not giving trouble to people as I know what it means to be pained.

Please for your own sake, try to forget those things, I know it's hard but you have to try, when you make money no matter how little try to spoil yourself and go out more, though I plan to do those things this year as most part of my working days after school I have been saving aggressively to have an apartment of my own and explore life at my own convenience.

Even they are the ones complaining about my staying indoors always but the truth is I don't have friends nearby and even the far away ones are busy with work and our free time clashes.

You can imagine I can't even ride a bicycle not to talk of a car and he owned two cars and a bus at different times, it's just the way they see discipline. And it will shock you to know that millions of people are on this table, you can check out various thread on Twitter.

And concerning not been happy about life, some people without our kind of upbringing are not happy with how life has turned to also.

We can do better as new and upcoming parents, na prayer for cool headed partner be the main thing now.

All the best Bro and I wish you well.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by DanseMacabre(m): 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2022
ahnie:
When my wicked elder now disowned brother angryly jumped on my belly with an intent to kill me after beating me severely,he carried me and was about throwing me inside a well.i was 2 plus old then...that memory just refused leaving me.

Omo this one shake me o.
Re: Worst Beating You Ever Received As A Child? Share Your Experiences. by Olamilekan08(m): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
cayorday89:

Trust me I feel your pains Bro, I am my own counselor and motivator and I try as much as I can not to let those things affect me even if I can't help it on some cases, most people even call me stingy cos I am always happy and they mostly think I have money and don't have my own problems cause of my happy mood most times even my mum always says nothing seem to bother me, the only thing that bothers me is not getting a good paying job which I hope will change soon, I hardly communicate with those I know but they are always quick to ask after me cos of my happy vibes and not giving trouble to people as I know what it means to be pained.

Please for your own sake, try to forget those things, I know it's hard but you have to try, when you make money no matter how little try to spoil yourself and go out more, though I plan to do those things this year as most part of my working days after school I have been saving aggressively to have an apartment of my own and explore life at my own convenience.

Even they are the ones complaining about my staying indoors always but the truth is I don't have friends nearby and even the far away ones are busy with work and our free time clashes.

You can imagine I can't even ride a bicycle not to talk of a car and he owned two cars and a bus at different times, it's just the way they see discipline. And it will shock you to know that millions of people are on this table, you can check out various thread on Twitter.

And concerning not been happy about life, some people without our kind of upbringing are not happy with how life has turned to also.

We can do better as new and upcoming parents, na prayer for cool headed partner be the main thing now.

All the best Bro and I wish you well.

Thank you bro *chop knuckle*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Signs She Is A Feminine Woman - Valorforfreedom / Husband Seeks Divorce Over Food, Threat To Life / Husband Allegedly Poisons Wife For Being Barren

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.