Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,615 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? (16200 Views)

When Last Did You Check Your Blood Pressure? / You Can Measure Your Blood Pressure At Home: Learn How / World Sleep Day 2018: When Last Did You Sleep For 7 To 8 Hours At Night? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by emmydee(m): 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2022
martyns303:
A couple of weeks ago, a thread hit the front page about a NL’s mom who’s diabetic and this has now affected her legs, and they are about cutting off the said leg.

What that NL doesn’t know is that, he’s at 50% chance of developing diabetes himself.

You are at 50% chance of developing diabetes if a parent is diabetic and the other 50% depends on your lifestyle. No, diabetes doesn’t affect only the elderly, you can develop diabetes at any age.

If you have a diabetic parent like that poster, while you can’t do anything about the hereditary 50%, you can do something about your lifestyle.

Here are some life adjustment I have made, that can help you as well.

1. Don’t drink �
2. Don’t smoke
3. Cut down or eliminate soft drinks
4. Reduce the carbs. If you are like me that love swallow, eat oatmeal swallow instead of Eba.
5. Exercise, it doesn’t have to be vigorous. I skip rope, 200-300 every morning.
6. Monitor your blood sugar level, it’s just N1k

Stay healthy.

I lost my Dad in 2017 from complications from diabetics. They live in PH while I live in Lagos. So I was not conversant with diabetics and it’s numerous complications. Last year, 2021, my mom developed a sore on her left toe. I already knew that someone with diabetics could develop sore on the leg. I didn’t understand that it was the last stage of diabetics. So I went down to see her. The pain was excruciating, I couldn’t sleep at nights because of her shouts. So a couple of days later, I decided to bring her to Lagos so she could be attended to in Igbobi but she could not endure the journey so we went to an orthopedic hospital in Ph where she was amputated 3 times. The doctor failed to bring his professionalism to bare. A few weeks later, she died in the hospital. But out of curiosity, the doctor insisted that all the children should be tested for diabetics, out of the 7 of us, I was the only one diagnosed with diabetics. My sugar level was 288 about 16.5! I was educated on how to manage it and it was then I learnt how complicated Diabetics is. I used to take beer and other alcohol, I used to eat plenty eba even after the diagnosis. Later on, I began to eat small swallow but each time I test my sugar level it was always as high as 9 or 11. Sometimes 13.0. So I was running from pillar to post trying to figure out why it was not going down. Though some days it would go down to 7.9 or there about. I was so worried as I had stopped eating a lot of things but not swallow. However, out of a stroke of luck, I found out that each time I ate eba, it would go exceedingly high the next day no matter how small. So I decided to be eating Amala, semo and co but not eba, it would still not go down beyond 8. It was just recently that I discovered that I am not supposed to eat swallow at all not withstanding the type but I could eat rice and quacker oats. So I concentrated on these two meals with vegetables and garden eggs. With groundnuts and other simple stuffs but certainly, not swallow, alcohol, raw sugar, bread, fry fry foods, soft drinks and other really unnecessary foods and junks. I also exercise a lot though not vigorously. Since I began to maintain this tempo, my sugar level has not gone beyond 6.4. Lest I forget, I stopped taking Glucophage and dionil about 2 months ago. In fact, someone told me about Abere seed and I take it occasionally. It has also helped me.
Bottom line is that Diabetics is far more dangerous than what we all think about the disease. Once you have, it is no longer “business as usual “. It requires more attention than driving on the highway!

12 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by MITCHELL96: 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2022
Revolution2022:
The junk food you eat can affect your system even though you play football morning and night.

I eat a lot of junk Shaa, but.... I can't have diabetes, my club checks my sugar level every month end.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by teoo: 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2022
Monday. 87
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by ModelLook(m): 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2022
High Blood Sugar leads to DIABETES which is very bad and can lead to several complex health complications in the body system.

People need to find away to prevent Diabetes or at most stop it from occuring.

Most people with High Blood Sugar usually have High Blood Pressure as well.

The two are like 5 and 6. They go together.

For those that have constant high blood sugar level and high blood pressure (hypertension), I always advise them to get PhytoScience Products. It's a Therapy that treats the two and cures it in the long run.

I have had patients that I recommended it to and they came back with Testimonies becos it tackles the two health problems from the Cellular level (Root Cause) thereby making the patient free.

Though the products are very Expensive and are taken for a duration of about 3 to 4 Months. But if you have the finances, I always advise people to go for them for they are very Powerful. Very Powerful. Very Powerful.

But you will take it and and be Free once and for all. Your sugar level will just be normal. Your Blood Pressure will just be normal. And the good part of it is that, u won't take it for forever, unlike Diabetes and HBP Routine Management drugs that has made Pharmacist and Doctors over night millionaires.

You will even stop your Diabetes and HBP Routine Drugs once and for all.

High Blood Sugar level is when the Pancreas is not producing Insulin or enough insulin. But if your pancreas is repaired, it starts producing enough insulin to neutralise the excess sugar in your body system.

Repair the damaged organs and be free.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Vanilla4(f): 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2022
I can't remember... Oops
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by djon78(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
martyns303:
A couple of weeks ago, a thread hit the front page about a NL’s mom who’s diabetic and this has now affected her legs, and they are about cutting off the said leg.

What that NL doesn’t know is that, he’s at 50% chance of developing diabetes himself.

You are at 50% chance of developing diabetes if a parent is diabetic and the other 50% depends on your lifestyle. No, diabetes doesn’t affect only the elderly, you can develop diabetes at any age.

If you have a diabetic parent like that poster, while you can’t do anything about the hereditary 50%, you can do something about your lifestyle.

1. Don’t drink �
2. Don’t smoke
4. Reduce the carbs. If you are like me that love swallow, eat oatmeal swallow instead of Eba.
5. Exercise, it doesn’t have to be vigorous. I skip rope, 200-300 every morning.

Stay healthy.

Last time I checked it was 73
The healthcare personnel said my sugar level was very good

That I had no such problem

I believe diabetes is hereditary
It's not in our linage

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by sonnie10: 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2022
ModelLook:
High Blood Sugar leads to DIABETES which is very bad and can lead to several complex health complications in the body system.

People need to find away to prevent Diabetes or at most stop it from occuring.

Most people with High Blood Sugar usually have High Blood Pressure as well.

The two are like 5 and 6. They go together.

For those that have constant high blood sugar level and high blood pressure (hypertension), I always advise them to get PhytoScience Products. It's a Therapy that treats the two and cures it in the long run.

I have had patients that I recommended it to and they came back with Testimonies becos it tackles the two health problems from the Cellular level (Root Cause) thereby making the patient free.

Though the products are very Expensive and are taken for a duration of about 3 to 4 Months. But if you have the finances, I always advise people to go for them for they are very Powerful. Very Powerful. Very Powerful.

But you will take it and and be Free once and for all. Your sugar level will just be normal. Your Blood Pressure will just be normal. And the good part of it is that, u won't take it for forever, unlike Diabetes and HBP Routine Management drugs that has made Pharmacist and Doctors over night millionaires.

You will even stop your Diabetes and HBP Routine Drugs once and for all.

High Blood Sugar level is when the Pancreas is not producing Insulin or enough insulin. But if your pancreas is repaired, it starts producing enough insulin to neutralise the excess sugar in your body system.

Repair the damaged organs and be free.
Una no go kil person. Do you know all what you wrote is wrong?
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by labelle123(f): 7:55pm On Jan 20, 2022
Blood donation helps me do that
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by SilentVboy: 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
Someone stated above that drinking bitter leaf water is good. I support him. Infact, I buy like 50naira bitterleaf, 50naira scent leaf. I mix them in the pot. Boil for some mins. Then leave it for 12hours. I then take one cup, morning and evening. It works.

Also, if u love Eba like me, then try to buy those white ijebu garri in Lagos.
I have stayed in Akwaibom and Presently in Abia state, the kind of garri they sell are full of starch. Each time I eat them, my sugar level rises. There was a time it rose to 100. Then when my garri was waybilled to me, I dumped the one I bought here in Aba. And within 2 months my sugar level reduced to 70.
So I do get those white ijebu garri waybilled to me from Lagos now.
Also, just as the @op said, stay away from alcohol and soft drinks. I don't take them.

So if u love Eba like me, then u can control your sugar level. I am presently on 78 based on my last test.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by ModelLook(m): 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
sonnie10:

Una no go kil person. Do you know all what you wrote is wrong?

No Energy To Argue With Those Who Know Nothing And Are Ignorant About Medicine. Period.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Pokka5(m): 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2022
Today
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Jefferyhi86(m): 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2022
D last time I check its was 84,i fear high sugar level
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by semanose: 8:40pm On Jan 20, 2022
That's how I spent all of 2021 fighting diabetes.

No one is talking of high cholesterol levels.
That's what took me to clinic before I discovered diabetes.

From the tests, I had it for long I didn't know.

After meds and lifestyle modifications it went below 90.

From my experience, if you can control what you eat, you can fight it.

What helped me
✓ Eat oats every morning as breakfast
✓ Boil and drink mango leaves as tea. This works super fast and it tastes nice.
✓ Stick to wheat based foods and oats
✓ Change your milk. If you have diabetes use Marvel
✓ Go strict with doctor appointments
✓ You cant eat all fruits, Do more of cucumbers
✓ Forget White rice, do more of brown rice
✓ For swallow, grind your wheat at the market, unripe plantain flour, oatmeal
✓ For pap, use millet or the one people call baba

I wish I can go on and on.

Eat and exercise right!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ranges between 67-70. angry
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by dododawa1: 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
Eating CATFISH PEPPER SOUP reduce sugar lever with 1/2 cold stars beer.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Chris2863(m): 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
How can someone check his please?

Someone should give me a little guideline ( Do I go straight to the hospital, visit a lab scientist or what?)
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by juman(m): 8:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
Sometimes I have crazy low reading.
One day last week I got 3.3. Because I repeatedly ate too little food.
I adjusted.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by semanose: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2022
Chris2863:
How can someone check his please?

Someone should give me a little guideline ( Do I go straight to the hospital, visit a lab scientist or what?)

If you can, buy the kit.

If you can't, go to a good Pharmacy around you, ask if they run tests for fasting blood sugar.

Or visit a hospital.

Before you do the test, makes sure you don't eat to take anything in the morning.

When you wake up, just head over to run the test. Go between 8am to 9am.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by impeccablephili: 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2022
emmydee:

I lost my Dad in 2017 from complications from diabetics. They live in PH while I live in Lagos. So I was not conversant with diabetics and it’s numerous complications. Last year, 2021, my mom developed a sore on her left toe. I already knew that someone with diabetics could develop sore on the leg. I didn’t understand that it was the last stage of diabetics. So I went down to see her. The pain was excruciating, I couldn’t sleep at nights because of her shouts. So a couple of days later, I decided to bring her to Lagos so she could be attended to in Igbobi but she could not endure the journey so we went to an orthopedic hospital in Ph where she was amputated 3 times. The doctor failed to bring his professionalism to bare. A few weeks later, she died in the hospital. But out of curiosity, the doctor insisted that all the children should be tested for diabetics, out of the 7 of us, I was the only one diagnosed with diabetics. My sugar level was 288 about 16.5! I was educated on how to manage it and it was then I learnt how complicated Diabetics is. I used to take beer and other alcohol, I used to eat plenty eba even after the diagnosis. Later on, I began to eat small swallow but each time I test my sugar level it was always as high as 9 or 11. Sometimes 13.0. So I was running from pillar to post trying to figure out why it was not going down. Though some days it would go down to 7.9 or there about. I was so worried as I had stopped eating a lot of things but not swallow. However, out of a stroke of luck, I found out that each time I ate eba, it would go exceedingly high the next day no matter how small. So I decided to be eating Amala, semo and co but not eba, it would still not go down beyond 8. It was just recently that I discovered that I am not supposed to eat swallow at all not withstanding the type but I could eat rice and quacker oats. So I concentrated on these two meals with vegetables and garden eggs. With groundnuts and other simple stuffs but certainly, not swallow, alcohol, raw sugar, bread, fry fry foods, soft drinks and other really unnecessary foods and junks. I also exercise a lot though not vigorously. Since I began to maintain this tempo, my sugar level has not gone beyond 6.4. Lest I forget, I stopped taking Glucophage and dionil about 2 months ago. In fact, someone told me about Abere seed and I take it occasionally. It has also helped me.
Bottom line is that Diabetics is far more dangerous than what we all think about the disease. Once you have, it is no longer “business as usual “. It requires more attention than driving on the highway!
If the diabetes you are diagnosed with is type 2, it can be reversed because the pancreas is still producing insulin. If it is type 2 , you can either eat low calorie and low protein food for eleven days for example, fast and break with boiled plantain and nuts. Or do marathon fasting for seven days. The insulin producing cells in your pancreas will be reactivated, but before you start you need to consult your doctor to avoid hypoglycemia. Lastly get bitter leaf and scent leaf wash them and eat them raw 3 times daily , come back after 2 weeks to give testimony

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by meedoLock(m): 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
youmour:
I read the first two listed things to stop and I just stopped reading, all die na die finally.

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Limassol(m): 9:12pm On Jan 20, 2022
MaverickA3:
I was enjoying the precautions you listed above until you said we should not eat EBA
I can't do without EBA o.
Can excessive intake of sucrose producing food like plantain cause diabetes?
So Long as you eat a healthy diet, the answer is no, infact, when it comes to prediatbetes/diabetes prevention, your focus should be on limiting "Added sugar", which is found on almost everything from soda to bread and so on .
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Limassol(m): 9:21pm On Jan 20, 2022
Kingsteve:

Just look it up.
I no get time for lectures on the health benefits of drinking bitter leaf extract.
Well, i suggest you support your claim with evidence(s). Provide any, i'lll wait.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Limassol(m): 9:28pm On Jan 20, 2022
chikason22:
6.4mmol/L is high. You have a chance of reducing it before you slide into diabetes
Not Really! Anything less than 7.8 mmol/L is considered normal. So basically, i think, he is fine.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by chikason22(m): 9:58pm On Jan 20, 2022
Limassol:
Not Really! Anything less than 7.8 mmol/L is considered normal. So basically, i think, he is fine.
No. Go and check the Normal ranges of fasting blood sugar

3.5mmol/L - 6.0mmol/L
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Decentlyproud(m): 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2022
impeccablephili:

If the diabetes you are diagnosed with is type 2, it can be reversed because the pancreas is still producing insulin. If it is type 2 , you can either eat low calorie and low protein food for eleven days for example, fast and break with boiled plantain and nuts. Or do marathon fasting for seven days. The insulin producing cells in your pancreas will be reactivated, but before you start you need to consult your doctor to avoid hypoglycemia. Lastly get bitter leaf and scent leaf wash them and eat them raw 3 times daily , come back after 2 weeks to give testimony

Please just wanted to ask...is it that we eat the washed bitter leaves & scent leaves or we drink the liquid gotten from the washed leaves
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Limassol(m): 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
chikason22:

No. Go and check the Normal ranges of fasting blood sugar

3.5mmol/L - 6.0mmol/L
Steady down bro! We both are saying the same thing - fasting, as the name implies, means at least 8 hrs before meal, as levels tend to be low just before meals this makes sense. Yet after meal a reading of 7.8 mmol/L or below indicate normal level... get it?
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by SilentVboy: 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2022
Decentlyproud:

Please just wanted to ask...is it that we eat the washed bitter leaves & scent leaves or we drink the liquid gotten from the washed leaves
Bro, not the washed leaves but the liquid gotten from them.
The person u quoted said he eats it raw but I don't do that.
I do add some quantity of water, say half the pot level and boil it with the leaves for some mins. Then leave it for 12hours. Then take it one cup, morning and evening.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Chris2863(m): 10:27pm On Jan 20, 2022
Okay, thanks so much
semanose:

If you can, buy the kit.

If you can't, go to a good Pharmacy around you, ask if they run tests for fasting blood sugar.

Or visit a hospital.

Before you do the test, makes sure you don't eat to take anything in the morning.

When you wake up, just head over to run the test. Go between 8am to 9am.

Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by Coolgent(m): 10:34pm On Jan 20, 2022
martyns303:

1. Don’t drink �
2. Don’t smoke

Stay healthy.

Last week it was 5.0 (Fasting blood sugar)
Both my maternal grandmother and mother are diabetic.
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by muheeb01(m): 10:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
Check your blood sugar regularly,and if you're diabetic it's curable tradomedically,if you have family history of diabetes it's preventable....for total cure with herbs dm me
Re: When Last Did You Check Your Blood Sugar Level? by impeccablephili: 10:57pm On Jan 20, 2022
Decentlyproud:

Please eat both the leaves, although the juice works but the leaves are fibers that carry excess sugar and fat from the body. So eating the leaves gives an added fortification

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Many Nigerians Die Early / Persistent Headache / Carbon Monoxide: The Colourless, Odourless Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.