Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? (42415 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I'm In Need Of A Car For Uber/bolt / Is This The Best Car For Nigerian Roads? - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Amplifiedking: 10:08am On Jan 22, 2022
starphilemon:
6years on the road as an Uber pilot.... The best car u can get with ur budget is Honda civic 2004/2005, not EOD or DC oh.... Another good car ur budget can get is Ford focus, just be sure to do thorough inspection before payment.... But if I'm the one buying personally, I'll buy a manual Peugeot 307, super great car with madt fuel efficiency, but u need high level of experience like mine to handle and enjoy a 307..... Abuja drivers know me as god of 307, my name is GentlePhil
Some one is offering me ford focus 2008 model but with central lock issue which I am sure can be fixed 700k. Can I also use it for Uber?

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by tyeenigga(m): 10:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Available and cheaper to Corolla hype
akaahs:

What about Cheapness & availability of replacement parts?
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by tyeenigga(m): 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ford na good car but make expert check the car
Amplifiedking:

Some one is offering me ford focus 2008 model but with central lock issue which I am sure can be fixed 700k. Can I also use it for Uber?

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by tyeenigga(m): 10:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
Come Abuja, they respect Peugeot because military use it
HonestFriend:

Peugeot for uber angry
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Amplifiedking: 12:33pm On Jan 26, 2022
Peppermintflav:

Personally, there are 4 cars I will consider.
1. Toyota Corolla bank type manual. It has the same engine with all these auto corollas selling for 1.5m and you can get it for 800k or less.
2. Honda civic. 2002
-2004 model. More economical than almighty Corolla. Manual or auto doesn't matter. You can get it for 800k or less.
3. Honda City. The auto is CVT, so I would advice you go for manual transmission. This is the baba of fuel conservation.
4. Toyota Yaris. Manual or auto doesn't matter. The car is simply rugged. Fuel economy is excellent. I heard parts are cheap and easy to maintain. Though some people complain about AC problems. But falls within your budget.
I'm not sure about getting Honda Civic 2006 upwards with the budget you have...
But if you see clean one for 800k it's also a good buy.
Toyota Yaris of what year
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Peppermintflav: 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2022
Amplifiedking:

Toyota Yaris of what year
I believe 2005 model.
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Nobody: 3:55am On Jan 30, 2022
Richie77:
Chevrolet Aveo....
This is a good choice if it's in great condition.
However, Chevrolet doesn't have a durable body. Any small hit and you're going to the panel beater.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Whaleyblaq(m): 9:52am On Jan 31, 2022
Top of the morning. I am looking for a car for the Uber/bolt rental package. I live in the alimosho area of lagos. You can reach via 07062986687.
Kindly help a brother.
Apologies if it's not the right platform for my post.
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Flyestgurl: 5:08pm On Feb 01, 2022
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Flyestgurl: 5:10pm On Feb 01, 2022
adonainana:
Yes you can get a V4 Honda Accord 2006 Nigerian used for that price for 800,000 naira

So far it’s V4, it’s good for Uber as it doesn’t consume fuel like the V6 model

If you find an Honda Civic too, 2004 model upward it will do the job

As funny as it sounds a Honda Civic consumes less fuel than corrola or Camry or any totyota product, I have used both

Now back to the naysayers who will try and discourage you about your budget, it’s what you have that you will use to get what you need

Someone who probably doesn’t have a car yet is already talking about visiting a mechanic everyday now let me explain to you how these things work

A cars engine made up of piston, crank shaft etc works on wear and tear to be specific , imagine iron rods rubbing themselves inside engine oil to fire out combustion almsost everyday and as long as the engine is ignited and running

This is why the longer the millage of a car the weaker the engine is and vice versa

A brand new car not tokunbo car ooo ( a brand new car from the factory does not make any noise engine wise, reason because it’s engine is still completely new )

The reason why I am explaining this to you is to try and make you link how many kilometers a car has run to how weak or less effective or still sound the engine is

Even generator engines work on the same principle, I have been using the same generator for 3 years, but every 4 months or so we buy an HALF ENGINE and the generator is turned on everyday day

Wear and tear over a long time is what weakens engines of cars or anything made of up a mechanics systems

So going back to your budget of 800k for Eod Homda acconrd 2006 , you will get one for that price and surprise surprise all you have to do is to use your mechanic to gauge well how many months or years the engine still has left

Once the engine is still very sound, you are good to use it every day to transport people

Pls don’t listen to people trying to discourage you

Pls go to any motor park and check out the buses that transport people from lagos to Ibadan every day . One 1998 sienna took me from osun state to Abuja one time I couldn’t believe that type of van could be on the road for 14 hours to Abuja without spoiling on the road

Go to nurtw parks and see buses and vans being used for inter State transport and you will be shocked as to thier external state meanwhile it’s thier engine that still makes them going strong

Also a car engine never dies, only the OGs and the legends in the game know what to do when your car engine is giving you problems

So OP go and buy your car and start making money from it today and succeed like those before you

Good day
This is my first time in auto section, boredom and curiosity got me here. Besides I was tired of jumping buses and looking for a car ranging from 600 to 800 as a necessity cox sun don beat me taya! Bro I must say you are one of the most positive person in the whole wide world, if lots of peeps can display your positive outlook in life, we will sure have lots of successful people. Bless you and all that’s connected to you. May the sun continue to shine all that you do. Nothing but respect!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Cloven22: 11:48am On Feb 03, 2022
Amplifiedking:

Ford is a good car. Take a car expert along to check every part for you before dropping any money. The most important thing is for you to maintain it. And truth is except you have a good local mech ehn you'll spend a lot on different things. I'll recommend Flickwheel sha you can get very good and trusted mechanics there and even if your car has issues and you are cash strapped, they'll help out with a loan for you.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by skywalker240(m): 4:29pm On Feb 03, 2022
biggy4joe:

Bro e bi like say u get EOD wet u wan sell like dis??Instead of me to buy discussion continue or end of discussion and baby boy or any other Honda accord that was produced before 2008 I go use d money play 2odd instead...Life nor too serious my guy,we go dey alrite last last but like dis ehn OP even if person give u Honda Accord for 100k no buy ooh unless u wan die of hdhdbdbfhdjxvsvsgdbdndbdb
grin grin grin grin

1 Share

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by duality(m): 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2022
adonainana:
Yes you can get a V4 Honda Accord 2006 Nigerian used for that price for 800,000 naira

So far it’s V4, it’s good for Uber as it doesn’t consume fuel like the V6 model

If you find an Honda Civic too, 2004 model upward it will do the job

As funny as it sounds a Honda Civic consumes less fuel than corrola or Camry or any totyota product, I have used both

Now back to the naysayers who will try and discourage you about your budget, it’s what you have that you will use to get what you need

Someone who probably doesn’t have a car yet is already talking about visiting a mechanic everyday now let me explain to you how these things work

A cars engine made up of piston, crank shaft etc works on wear and tear to be specific , imagine iron rods rubbing themselves inside engine oil to fire out combustion almsost everyday and as long as the engine is ignited and running

This is why the longer the millage of a car the weaker the engine is and vice versa

A brand new car not tokunbo car ooo ( a brand new car from the factory does not make any noise engine wise, reason because it’s engine is still completely new )

The reason why I am explaining this to you is to try and make you link how many kilometers a car has run to how weak or less effective or still sound the engine is

Even generator engines work on the same principle, I have been using the same generator for 3 years, but every 4 months or so we buy an HALF ENGINE and the generator is turned on everyday day

Wear and tear over a long time is what weakens engines of cars or anything made of up a mechanics systems

So going back to your budget of 800k for Eod Homda acconrd 2006 , you will get one for that price and surprise surprise all you have to do is to use your mechanic to gauge well how many months or years the engine still has left

Once the engine is still very sound, you are good to use it every day to transport people

Pls don’t listen to people trying to discourage you

Pls go to any motor park and check out the buses that transport people from lagos to Ibadan every day . One 1998 sienna took me from osun state to Abuja one time I couldn’t believe that type of van could be on the road for 14 hours to Abuja without spoiling on the road

Go to nurtw parks and see buses and vans being used for inter State transport and you will be shocked as to thier external state meanwhile it’s thier engine that still makes them going strong

Also a car engine never dies, only the OGs and the legends in the game know what to do when your car engine is giving you problems

So OP go and buy your car and start making money from it today and succeed like those before you

Good day

God bless you Jare... I've said this many times. Of course NL pseudo Rich men, will always stop people from moving.

Go to the streets, you'd find the car and run your thing.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by oblozzolawrence: 8:44pm On Feb 04, 2022
Oyerinde16:
I have a golf 5, 2006 for sell. I used it for uber but got tired of driving into bushes (pickup and drop off) the fuel economy is mad, I sometimes use 1,000 fuel 6L to rake in 6-8k.
Ac chilling in facts its buy and drive.
If I get someone to make returns I will consider, I no do hire purchase.
I'm now into large scale farming I no need 3 cars... Contact me for pics its in abuja.

Its 900 for outright buy, 75k monthly returns.

Nothing to fix.
is the car still available...?. 750k cash I stay at lugbe.
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by fisibobo(m): 8:02am On Feb 05, 2022
Is this car still available. What's your contact No.
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by fisibobo(m): 8:06am On Feb 05, 2022
How do.we reach you ?
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by tobisunday(m): 6:19am On Mar 07, 2022
starphilemon:
6years on the road as an Uber pilot.... The best car u can get with ur budget is Honda civic 2004/2005, not EOD or DC oh.... Another good car ur budget can get is Ford focus, just be sure to do thorough inspection before payment.... But if I'm the one buying personally, I'll buy a manual Peugeot 307, super great car with madt fuel efficiency, but u need high level of experience like mine to handle and enjoy a 307..... Abuja drivers know me as god of 307, my name is GentlePhil

Good morning chief... Will civic 06-07 do the job? This model of civic is so sleek body wise and interior.
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by sirsugar(m): 9:16am On May 12, 2022
Is Camry big daddy good for Uber/bolt 2.4L

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by bonnyhope: 9:47am On May 14, 2022
biggy4joe:

No matter what,don't buy any Honda Accord car please

Is like accord Don suffer this one well well
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by biggy4joe(m): 2:57pm On May 14, 2022
bonnyhope:

Is like accord Don suffer this one well well

Suffer keOmo I no get business with Accord ooh,I no too like stress my brother and that car na better stress
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by emperorlaqrin: 9:39am On May 16, 2022
Please can I use a Toyota Camry 2000 (pencil light ) for Uber or bolt?
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by thrillionaire(m): 10:35am On May 24, 2022
starphilemon:
My man
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by shigoawesu(m): 1:46pm On May 24, 2022
AntiChristian:
Make i learn small!

Abeg which Honda be this
Civic or City
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by shigoawesu(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2022
lonecatt:
A car for a budget of 650 to 800 for a business like Uber that should be on the road everyday might not work.
Honda is out of the way due to its electrical hitches,Toyota product will do better but you need to raise your budget.

Toyota is too expensive now
If person get like #1m nko
Am saving towards a Car for hauling too
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by shigoawesu(m): 1:54pm On May 24, 2022
kuntash:

Toks Yaris is more expensive than toks Corolla

Really?
Am thinking of Yaris instead of Corolla oo
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by shigoawesu(m): 1:56pm On May 24, 2022
bibiking7:

There is this old school honda civic and honda city that I have seen someone use. Or you could try a Pontiac vibe. Leave the accord alone.

How much is Pontiac Vibe tokunbo
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by shigoawesu(m): 2:16pm On May 24, 2022
Coolgent:

Honda has electrical problem?
Capital nooo except if your kazeem mechanics temper mercilessly with it.
I have been using various models of honda since 2008 without experiencing any electrical fault

Leg issue nko
Ball joint or so
Want to learn ni oo
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by shigoawesu(m): 2:26pm On May 24, 2022
starphilemon:

Planning to get a car for hauling too
Is it good for hauling and is the car strong
Please what do you mean by one need high experience to handle and enjoy Peugeot 307
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by shigoawesu(m): 2:29pm On May 24, 2022
Oyerinde16:
I have a golf 5, 2006 for sell. I used it for uber but got tired of driving into bushes (pickup and drop off) the fuel economy is mad, I sometimes use 1,000 fuel 6L to rake in 6-8k.
Ac chilling in facts its buy and drive.
If I get someone to make returns I will consider, I no do hire purchase.
I'm now into large scale farming I no need 3 cars... Contact me for pics its in abuja.

Its 900 for outright buy, 75k monthly returns.

Nothing to fix.

How can I contact you and what do you mean by driving into bus

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by shigoawesu(m): 2:38pm On May 24, 2022
Dot101:
Firstly,ur budget is on the low side. U can get a car for that price actually but, consider urself a customer to a mecho.

Secondly, Toyota Corolla is over hype. Primary and consistent fault are the legs. Are often will u be prepared to be changing the absorbers, shocks and the arms.

Thirdly, Corolla is the most stolen car in Nigeria as at today. I guess u wouldn't want to buy a car that would be stolen shortly afterwards. That is if u aren't killed or injured when it's been stolen.

Advise: go for honda civic or Nissan Ultima. Also,ensure u buy direct tokunbo. There is nothing called naija used( naija used cars go naked ur account finish)

Is Nissan Ultima in the same range with Civic and Honda in terms of being strong, fuel consumption and durability
Am planning on getting a car for hauling too
Help a brother please
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by shigoawesu(m): 3:52pm On May 24, 2022
Peppermintflav:

Personally, there are 4 cars I will consider.
1. Toyota Corolla bank type manual. It has the same engine with all these auto corollas selling for 1.5m and you can get it for 800k or less.
2. Honda civic. 2002
-2004 model. More economical than almighty Corolla. Manual or auto doesn't matter. You can get it for 800k or less.
3. Honda City. The auto is CVT, so I would advice you go for manual transmission. This is the baba of fuel conservation.
4. Toyota Yaris. Manual or auto doesn't matter. The car is simply rugged. Fuel economy is excellent. I heard parts are cheap and easy to maintain. Though some people complain about AC problems. But falls within your budget.
I'm not sure about getting Honda Civic 2006 upwards with the budget you have...
But if you see clean one for 800k it's also a good buy.

Are those prices for tokunbo or Nigeria used
I think Bot and Uber only accept 2003 models upward

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Constructs And Drives A Weird Type Of Vehicle (pics/video) / Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant / This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.