Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? (42192 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / I'm In Need Of A Car For Uber/bolt / Is This The Best Car For Nigerian Roads? - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 19, 2022
Markeleven3:
Candid advice is get an Hyundai accent 2007/2008, or get same year of Kia Rio. These 2 cars are durable and has fuel economy. With a fuel of 2k, u can make up to 16k during surge and btw 8-10k on normal days. Check jiji, u will get the car btw 700k and 800k. Thank me later..
Motivational speaker

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by henry247(m): 11:11am On Jan 19, 2022
starphilemon:
6years on the road as an Uber pilot.... The best car u can get with ur budget is Honda civic 2004/2005, not EOD or DC oh.... Another good car ur budget can get is Ford focus, just be sure to do thorough inspection before payment.... But if I'm the one buying personally, I'll buy a manual Peugeot 307, super great car with madt fuel efficiency, but u need high level of experience like mine to handle and enjoy a 307..... Abuja drivers know me as god of 307, my name is GentlePhil
But this car is a hatch back. Are hatch backs allowed in bolt services? This is because I have come across a post on this forum where someone said hatch backs are not used in bolt.
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by cescky(m): 11:11am On Jan 19, 2022
frozen70:

If you have enough sense, you will read that message again and understand that I just said the fact

Wow

Na to sorry for ya partner...
Na God de help am
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by FarmWay(m): 11:32am On Jan 19, 2022
Mynd44:
Honda City is enough. Anything else is Aseju especially now that they are selling or corolla for 2.5 million

I like that car! I used it to learn driving back in 2011.

Bro do you have any idea on its price now. (tokunbo)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by justdollars: 11:54am On Jan 19, 2022
What are possible problems of the automatic transmission of the Peugeot 307 and why you prefer a manual of this car to automatic?

starphilemon:
6years on the road as an Uber pilot.... The best car u can get with ur budget is Honda civic 2004/2005, not EOD or DC oh.... Another good car ur budget can get is Ford focus, just be sure to do thorough inspection before payment.... But if I'm the one buying personally, I'll buy a manual Peugeot 307, super great car with madt fuel efficiency, but u need high level of experience like mine to handle and enjoy a 307..... Abuja drivers know me as god of 307, my name is GentlePhil
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by cupid4ig(m): 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
Veetee:
Please advise house, I am considering getting a Honda Accord (Eod) for Uber, the seller was honest enough to advise me not to use it since it’s a V-6 engine. So what if it was 4 plugs,
Please what is the best car to use for Uber on a budget of 650 to 800. Nigerian used
i have nissan Tiida 2007 for 950,000.
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Chuksyno(m): 12:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
adonainana:
Yes you can get a V4 Honda Accord 2006 Nigerian used for that price for 800,000 naira

So far it’s V4, it’s good for Uber as it doesn’t consume fuel like the V6 model

If you find an Honda Civic too, 2004 model upward it will do the job

As funny as it sounds a Honda Civic consumes less fuel than corrola or Camry or any totyota product, I have used both

Now back to the naysayers who will try and discourage you about your budget, it’s what you have that you will use to get what you need

Someone who probably doesn’t have a car yet is already talking about visiting a mechanic everyday now let me explain to you how these things work

A cars engine made up of piston, crank shaft etc works on wear and tear to be specific , imagine iron rods rubbing themselves inside engine oil to fire out combustion almsost everyday and as long as the engine is ignited and running

This is why the longer the millage of a car the weaker the engine is and vice versa

A brand new car not tokunbo car ooo ( a brand new car from the factory does not make any noise engine wise, reason because it’s engine is still completely new )

The reason why I am explaining this to you is to try and make you link how many kilometers a car has run to how weak or less effective or still sound the engine is

Even generator engines work on the same principle, I have been using the same generator for 3 years, but every 4 months or so we buy an HALF ENGINE and the generator is turned on everyday day

Wear and tear over a long time is what weakens engines of cars or anything made of up a mechanics systems

So going back to your budget of 800k for Eod Homda acconrd 2006 , you will get one for that price and surprise surprise all you have to do is to use your mechanic to gauge well how many months or years the engine still has left

Once the engine is still very sound, you are good to use it every day to transport people

Pls don’t listen to people trying to discourage you

Pls go to any motor park and check out the buses that transport people from lagos to Ibadan every day . One 1998 sienna took me from osun state to Abuja one time I couldn’t believe that type of van could be on the road for 14 hours to Abuja without spoiling on the road

Go to nurtw parks and see buses and vans being used for inter State transport and you will be shocked as to thier external state meanwhile it’s thier engine that still makes them going strong

Also a car engine never dies, only the OGs and the legends in the game know what to do when your car engine is giving you problems

So OP go and buy your car and start making money from it today and succeed like those before you

Good day
I'm not the op but I appreciate you for taking yoir time to explain all this. Thanks alot.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by YourFavorite21(m): 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2022
Buy this type of car.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by mgccrown(m): 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
dear dn't be discouraged by some of this potential poor men who know nothing about transportation. with your 800k you are more than good to go. Toyota card are jst the best. watsapp me I will link you to a trusted car dealer. I buy all my uber cars from. 09061296871
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by oblozzolawrence: 2:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
Oyerinde16:
I have a golf 5, 2006 for sell. I used it for uber but got tired of driving into bushes (pickup and drop off) the fuel economy is mad, I sometimes use 1,000 fuel 6L to rake in 6-8k.
Ac chilling in facts its buy and drive.
If I get someone to make returns I will consider, I no do hire purchase.
I'm now into large scale farming I no need 3 cars... Contact me for pics its in abuja.

Its 900 for outright buy, 75k monthly returns.

Nothing to fix.
Really interested sir... Pls how do I reach you..?
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Oyerinde16(m): 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
akaahs:

700k, base around asokoro

Sorry sir can't go further below sir...
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Blurpy: 4:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
Chai
elpochas:
Mr Man Keke is 1M plus now,after registration and d rest u must hv spent close to 1.2m nw.Just got one last wk.
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by muyo1527: 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
Buy Toyota Camry drop light, it will suit you
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by biggy4joe(m): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
dadabashua1:
keep mute pls,terrible advice.
Don't buy any Honda Accord that was produced before 2008...But if u nor gree hear sha u fit still buy na ur money last last but no come worry us later abeg...Even people wet dey drive am as personal car don even tire self
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by EhiGid(m): 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2022
Oyerinde16:
I have a golf 5, 2006 for sell. I used it for uber but got tired of driving into bushes (pickup and drop off) the fuel economy is mad, I sometimes use 1,000 fuel 6L to rake in 6-8k.
I'm now into large scale farming I no need 3 cars... Contact me for pics its in abuja.

Nothing to fix.

How do I reach you please.
0-7-zero, 639-26, five, 2 1is my number
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by dadabashua1(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
biggy4joe:

Don't buy any Honda Accord that was produced before 2008...But if u nor gree hear sha u fit still buy na ur money last last but no come worry us later abeg...Even people wet dey drive am as personal car don even tire self
I'm sure you don't know who you are advising, stick to politics forum bros grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by biggy4joe(m): 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
dadabashua1:
I'm sure you don't know who you are advising, stick to politics forum bros grin
Bro e bi like say u get EOD wet u wan sell like dis??Instead of me to buy discussion continue or end of discussion and baby boy or any other Honda accord that was produced before 2008 I go use d money play 2odd instead...Life nor too serious my guy,we go dey alrite last last but like dis ehn OP even if person give u Honda Accord for 100k no buy ooh unless u wan die of hdhdbdbfhdjxvsvsgdbdndbdb
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by dadabashua1(m): 9:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
biggy4joe:

Bro e bi like say u get EOD wet u wan sell like dis??Instead of me to buy discussion continue or end of discussion and baby boy or any other Honda accord that was produced before 2008 I go use d money play 2odd instead...Life nor too serious my guy,we go dey alrite last last but like dis ehn OP even if person give u Honda Accord for 100k no buy ooh unless u wan die of hdhdbdbfhdjxvsvsgdbdndbdb
OK noted. grin

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
Mynd44:
Honda City is enough. Anything else is Aseju especially now that they are selling or corolla for 2.5 million

His budget can’t even get the Honda city
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
lonecatt:
A car for a budget of 650 to 800 for a business like Uber that should be on the road everyday might not work.
Honda is out of the way due to its electrical hitches,Toyota product will do better but you need to raise your budget.

Honda electrical hitches? Lol
Guy talk wetin you know not wetin you hear it feel

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by dadabashua1(m): 10:39pm On Jan 19, 2022
Kfed4ril:

Honda electrical hitches? Lol
Guy talk wetin you know not wetin you hear it feel
my brother most of them is either they have never owned a car before or Honda car, quote me anywhere Honda will always be one of the BEST car brand on earth,NOTHING can ever change that fact cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by coolh3ad(m): 7:47am On Jan 20, 2022
biggy4joe:

Na wa you bros. You don use EOD/DC before or you just dey talk because of the popular anthem - "the leg the always pull comot (ball joint problem"wink. If you never use before, no join the bandwagon dey talk Wetin Una no know. If na because of that oooo, if you get better maintenance culture for motor, you no suppose dey fear that one because e dey always give signs and Toyota leg sef dey pull, sooooo....

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Kfed4ril(m): 9:57am On Jan 20, 2022
dadabashua1:
my brother most of them is either they have never owned a car before or Honda car, quote me anywhere Honda will always be one of the BEST car brand on earth,NOTHING can ever change that fact cheesy

My 08 Accord is the most rugged car I’ve used,
Note I said used o.
That car has taken a lot of shit and still moving
Strong

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Duplik8t77(m): 10:12am On Jan 20, 2022
I need a car for uber on weekly remittance. I can be reached on 08165650816
Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by coolh3ad(m): 10:14am On Jan 20, 2022
dadabashua1:

Very true!!. Dem go just Dey talk Wetin dem no know. Electrical problem for Honda.. Can you imagine!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by dadabashua1(m): 10:46am On Jan 20, 2022
Kfed4ril:

My 08 Accord is the most rugged car I’ve used,
Note I said used o.
That car has taken a lot of shit and still moving
Strong
abeg dont mind those novice that knows NOTHING about cars,Honda that is busy winning awards around the world,is Nigerians that don't manufacture taya or keke that will tell you Honda is a bad brand, with over 7 continents on earth and over 195 countries on earth,only Nigerians de talk say Honda no be good car...very embarrassing to say the least grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Peppermintflav: 3:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
Veetee:
Please advise house, I am considering getting a Honda Accord (Eod) for Uber, the seller was honest enough to advise me not to use it since it’s a V-6 engine. So what if it was 4 plugs,
Please what is the best car to use for Uber on a budget of 650 to 800. Nigerian used
Personally, there are 4 cars I will consider.
1. Toyota Corolla bank type manual. It has the same engine with all these auto corollas selling for 1.5m and you can get it for 800k or less.
2. Honda civic. 2002
-2004 model. More economical than almighty Corolla. Manual or auto doesn't matter. You can get it for 800k or less.
3. Honda City. The auto is CVT, so I would advice you go for manual transmission. This is the baba of fuel conservation.
4. Toyota Yaris. Manual or auto doesn't matter. The car is simply rugged. Fuel economy is excellent. I heard parts are cheap and easy to maintain. Though some people complain about AC problems. But falls within your budget.
I'm not sure about getting Honda Civic 2006 upwards with the budget you have...
But if you see clean one for 800k it's also a good buy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Peppermintflav: 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2022
brightalo1010:

800k car dey for naija and I never buy car? Are you serious with that 800k budget car?
Lol... You no wan buy car

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Sanfeez: 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2022
Let me buy this car please, urgently. I can as well drive for delivery if we can't agree on purchase price. Your number is not here I would've called. Please reach me on zero.eight.zero.5705.zero.five.81.

Thanks boss.

Oyerinde16:

Nothing to fix.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by ping2ping: 10:29pm On Jan 20, 2022
Peppermintflav:

Personally, there are 4 cars I will consider.
1. Toyota Corolla bank type manual. It has the same engine with all these auto corollas selling for 1.5m and you can get it for 800k or less.
2. Honda civic. 2002
-2004 model. More economical than almighty Corolla. Manual or auto doesn't matter. You can get it for 800k or less.
3. Honda City. The auto is CVT, so I would advice you go for manual transmission. This is the baba of fuel conservation.
4. Toyota Yaris. Manual or auto doesn't matter. The car is simply rugged. Fuel economy is excellent. I heard parts are cheap and easy to maintain. Though some people complain about AC problems. But falls within your budget.
I'm not sure about getting Honda Civic 2006 upwards with the budget you have...
But if you see clean one for 800k it's also a good buy.

I agree with your post. however i learnt in another thread that Honda makes one of the best CVT so there may not be need to worry buying Honda City with CVT Transmission. However the buyer MUST use ONLY CVT fluid to avoid destroying the transmission

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Peppermintflav: 11:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
ping2ping:

I agree with your post. however i learnt in another thread that Honda makes one of the best CVT so there may not be need to worry buying Honda City with CVT Transmission. However the buyer MUST use ONLY CVT fluid to avoid destroying the transmission
True... But Nissan CVT has shown me shege, grin that's why anything on CVT for now is not my spec.

1 Like

Re: What’s The Best Car For Uber/Bolt On A Low Budget? by Alitair(m): 6:21am On Jan 21, 2022
ChiefBee:
what's the name of this car. Like the exact name

The name is Corolla

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos New Number Plates Now Available (Pictures) / Tree Falls On A Moving Vehicle In Lagos (photos) / Long, Brown Snake Crept Out Of Lady Car's While She Was Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.