Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? (30236 Views)

No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) / Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi / Cristiano Ronaldo Crowned Men’s Player Of The Year At Dubai Globe Soccer Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by 07kjb: 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
FIFA best is more prestigious u can go ask the two holders

3 Likes

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by basty: 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ask yourself
Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by Afam4eva(m): 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ronaldo fans about to cry blood as usual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by shadrach77: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
One is organised by FIFA. The other is organised by French writers. I think that says it all.

It's like saying an award organised by NUJ (Nigerian Union of Journalists) is greater than CAF award

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by gannod(m): 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
Between Ballon D'or( French Journalists) and FIFA, which is incharge of football? From my stand point, FIFA award is more prestigious.

6 Likes

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by utenwuson: 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
Balon dor gat it's recognition when fifa merge with it, presentlg fifa the best is way better and command more cos its all the country coaches and captain that votes whereas, Balon dor votes are cast by journalists

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by fippycbk(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
Both are still awards for people playing in Europe.
Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by jrusky(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
Pls their is nothing like FIFA best award pls.

Monkey is different from Gorilla abeg.
Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by gannod(m): 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
oyatainer:
Ballondor is much more prestigious than Fifa Best. Some people are not even aware of when Fifa best will be done.
By History and precedents, Ballondor is more recognised even by the onlookers.

Any narration contrary to this is futile for what is valued is valued no matter the tantrums.

grin grin grin
Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by Yadid(m): 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2022
FIFA award any day any time. Determined by Coaches, players and fans. Unlike Balon d'Or whose winner is determined by just some set of journalists. Plus FIFA covers more footballing jurisdiction than Balon d'Or.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by MangekyoAlt: 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2022
Balon d'or

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by gannod(m): 3:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
AsampeteNwaanyi:
fifa best
balon dor is just a French magazine award and has no right to determine the best player.
any country can also organize their awards.

But in all fifa best remains the most prestigious award in the world of football.
because it's the award organised by the world body of football.
They hardly get controversial and they almost get it right every time unlike balon d'Or.
told someone that there's no right thinking football body that'll pick Messi over lewy football achievement and fifa proved me right.
balon d'Or just wanted to cash out on Messi brand hence the award and the phantom new best striker award to lewy as compensation.
they're Afterall a magazine company so profit should be the priority.

the thing is that balon dor has more publicity than fifa best.

comparing balon dor to fifa best is like comparing Pes football game to fifa football game.
cheesy

You are spot on. Ballon D'or and BBC awards are organised by Journalists. FIFA awards is the best.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by Echara: 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2022
Watching
Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by Stephenmoka4(m): 3:45pm On Jan 19, 2022
I normally see FIFA as world title and the other as European matters.

2 Likes

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by Lamasta(m): 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
FIFA awards is bigger than French Balloon D'or awards anytime anyday...

2 Likes

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by GreatrAnalyst: 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
Is the question really for comparison?
Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by Angrymode: 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
By hierarchy, FIFA BEST but The Ballon D'or was the most popular until they turned it into a popularity contest. Even Messi should be ashamed he won The Ballon D'or ahead of Lewandoski this time around.

2 Likes

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by ThierryJay: 3:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
Datedoboy:
I think it's FIFA cos it's a global body unlike Balon d'or that is a French award. FIFA covers more jurisdiction compared to others

It's not just about coverage.

Toyota has more coverage, but Benz is more prestigious grin

Get it?

3 Likes

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by yomi531(m): 3:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ballon dor is the Oscars/ Grammys of football. It is the highest ranked individual awards in football. Lewa is still pained to his bone marrow for not winning it. He would have been happier if, he got the ballon dor instead of the FIFA best. Fact

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by ProphetofOdin: 3:50pm On Jan 19, 2022
I do not take individual awards in football seriously.

1 Like

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by Bahamas95(m): 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
If they don't give Ballon D'or to Lewandoski before he retires I will have problem with them. It's totally unfair to rob that guy of what he truly deserve.

Chijeep:
Balloon D'or anyday anytime twice on my birthday.
I rep January 19th...
Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday my guy, wishing you long life and prosperity......God bless your hustle.

1 Like

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by stahnly55: 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2022
They are both prestigious
Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by uunwanaobong3: 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2022
Both balloon dor and FIFA best are all for "celebrity show and the most popular players contests"... The judges judge based on emotions, player and club sentiments..... The last thing on the minds of those judges is football...... The award is politicised, that is why you will never see names like Bernardo silva, Kante, debruyne win the award despite being some of the best players.

That is why you see players like mbappe and haaland trying hard to go to Madrid, because that is the only play that they are sure to win the individual awards and not team trophies.

That is why halaand does not want to go to mancity because no matter what he plays, no matter how many trophies he will win in mancity, he will never be recognized just ask toure, silva and aguero.

That is why you have c. RONALDO bribing the organizers because he knew that the award is political and the organizers and judges will collect bribe in any form.

The only award that is valid for me is on the field of play............ We I see Bernardo silva dribbling 6 men at ones, attacking and defending at the same time, running all over the field with seven heart bulling van Dirk to submission, thattt is a pure joy and award for me, I don't know about you.

Joy, when I see debruyne leaving Kante(best defensive midfielder) on grass and tearing the net from almost the centerline of the field with a rocket, that is joy for me. I don't know about you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by yomi531(m): 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
yomi531:
Ballon dor is the Oscars/ Grammys of football. It is the highest ranked individual awards in football. Lewa is still pained to his bone marrow for not winning it. He would have been happier if, he got the ballon dor instead of the FIFA best. Fact
No wonder Wizzy and Burna released a banger titled ballon dor because, they have also won the ballon dor equivalent in their own ar(music). Ballon dor pass FIFA best by farrrrrrrrrr

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by inspectorg(m): 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
Omo! To me na FIFA best Sound pass, Your name no go ever die ni, for their record.That ballon'dor suppose be publicity award. Any ways shout out To big bro George weah for breaking the jinx.We Africans are Great.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by gurunlocker: 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2022
This Pendu fan again....

If you like pick FIFA best or Ballon d'Or, we know who has more for both award grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by Box18: 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
AsampeteNwaanyi:
fifa best
balon dor is just a French magazine award and has no right to determine the best player.
any country can also organize their awards.

But in all fifa best remains the most prestigious award in the world of football.
because it's the award organised by the world body of football.
They hardly get controversial and they almost get it right every time unlike balon d'Or.
told someone that there's no right thinking football body that'll pick Messi over lewy football achievement and fifa proved me right.
balon d'Or just wanted to cash out on Messi brand hence the award and the phantom new best striker award to lewy as compensation.
they're Afterall a magazine company so profit should be the priority.

the thing is that balon dor has more publicity than fifa best.

comparing balon dor to fifa best is like comparing Pes football game to fifa football game.
cheesy
well said.

2 Likes

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by yomi531(m): 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
yomi531:
No wonder Wizzy and Burna released a banger titled ballon dor because, they have also won the ballon dor equivalent in their own art(music). Ballon dor pass FIFA best by farrrrrrrrrr
Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by Grandmeister(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
GeneralOjukwu:
angry

Balloon D'Or of course.

Used to be FIFA World Best Player and then Ballon D'Or for European Best Player.

End of thread.
I don't know when ballon d'or overtook fifa. Fifa best player was originally for the best player in the world and d'or for Europe best player. That was why guys like Shevchenko, Owen won it..

2 Likes

Re: The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award? by GeneralOjukwu: 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
Grandmeister:

I don't know when ballon d'or overtook fifa. Fifa best player was originally for the best player in the world and d'or for Europe best player. That was why guys like Shevchenko, Owen won it..

Yeah. Remember that era.

FIFA either went silent or BDO got a lot of publicity in the past decade.

All of a sudden, Ballon D'Or moved to the forefront. Before, in the days, only a very serious fan knew the BDO winners. FIFA was all the rave....

Ronaldo '96, '97.... Weah '95

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Barcelona Preparing For Life After Lionel Messi" - President Bartomeu / Coronavirus: Matuidi, Kevin Durant, Three Brooklyn Nets players test positive / South Africa Did Ronaldo Celebration To Mock Morocco For Knocking Out Portugal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.